• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Superpowers?

Ari

I'm craving a superpower-based roleplay. I wrote up a quick summary of an idea. Would anyone be interested? I would like to write with people who can write a minimum of three paragraphs or so, and who can commit to posting a couple times a week! If there is enough interest, I'll post an OOC and a page to accept character submissions, and will probably post some rules/boundaries for superpowers. Also, I see the majority of the characters being 18+ at this point.

The moment that the government found out that they were "different", they were taken from their families under the guise that it was in their best interest that they be placed in a rehabilitation facility to cure them of their "troubled" behavior. The facility, however, wasn't the beautiful, therapeutic retreat that it was toted as being to the families of these children. It was a prison... a high-tech, superpower proof, prison, essentially. To the government, it seemed like the only way to deal with these unique children who popped up randomly throughout the years, with no genetic or environmental causes to link their superpowers to. If the public knew that supernatural forces existed, society would be changed forever. Worse, though, was that the government knew that supernatural forces were something that could become a threat to them if not dealt with immediately. Until they could figure out a way to use those children for their own benefit, they secretly claimed that it was in the best interest of the country that they remain in the maximum security prison of a place, located in a remote mountainous area.

Despite attempts over the years to break free, no one has ever been able to do so. Or no one had ever been able to do so. A year ago, a massive fire broke out at the facility, scorching the place to the ground. The source of the fire remains a mystery to this day, as the intensity of it and its attributes differed from any typical explanation. Only a few people survived, though the fire was bad enough that medical examiners couldn't place just how many scorched bodies were left behind, and who they were. Government officials suspect that at least a few of their "patients" escaped, and over the past year, three who did escape were tracked down and "eliminated". The small group of remaining survivors have realized that there's safety in numbers, and that if they're going to be on the run, unable to reconnect with old family or friends in fear of being traced back by government officials, that they are each other's new family now.

Every few weeks or months, whenever someone becomes paranoid or has real reason to suspect that an official might be closing in on their trail, they relocate somewhere else, trying to blend in with the society around them (and simply survive), despite being alienated from it for most of their lives. With their most recent move to New York, there are hopes that with so many people in the big city, blending in might be easier. When other members of the group find out that their unofficial leader of the group suggested New York as their new place of dwelling because he knew an old love interest of his lived there, it might seem like a less enticing move though, especially if they learn that her father is a prominent leader of the National Security Agency.

Last edited:
Full Name: Skyler Snow Johnson
Pronunciation of their name(first, middle/middle names and last): Sky-ler, Snow, john-son
Title(Mr./Mrs./Lord/Lady/Sir/): Lady
Nickname(s): Sky

Sex: female
Age(and how old they look): 15
9457132.jpg

Orientation/Sexual preference: striaght

Eye color(s): blue
Contacts?: N/A
Glasses?: N/A

Hair color(s): Brown/Burnett
Hair length: long
Hair style: wavy

Personality: caring, hard working, shy, sensitive, creative
Best traits of their personality: hard working-once she starts something, she can't stop; caring-cares for people she trust and knows; shy-doesn't trust easily and keeps quite; sensitive-a good way to get people to like her; creative-could create helpful stuff
Worst traits of their personality: hard working-might not leave something if he group has to go; caring-people can violate her trust; shy-doesn't speak out much for what she believes in; sensitive-feelings get hurt easily

Alignment(good, evil, etc.): good

Marital status(Single, married, dating, etc.): single

Good habits: helps others, won't stop doing something she started
Bad habits: helps others, won't stop doing something she started

Abilities(As in powers): shape shifting
Special skills(Not meaning powers): flirting (doesn't like t do it but it works on mostly all boys)
Hobbies: create stuff

I appreciate the interest! Sorry if I didn't make it clear, but I'm not actually accepting characters yet (and now that it's come up, I will be looking for real face claims, so if you only do anime, I'm sorry :(!). If we get enough interest, I'll pull together a more solid idea in the next few days, but again, thanks for the early interest!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back