• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Superpowers And Stuff!

Derpy Dev

to nobody's surprise he's not straight
I like superheroes. But there seems to be a lack of new super hero rps right now. So let's make one together!

First, we don't have to make a big gritty or realistic setting. It can all be as campy as you want it to be. Plug in your best teenage villain or over-the-top stereotype if ya want. This doesn't mean you shouldn't take it seriously, it just means you shouldn't take it too seriously.

You'll be able to play either a villain or a hero, and if you want to you'll be allowed to throw in a minor throw-away character for yours to fight.

Optimally, you guys will be creating joint characters that have linked backstories, so you can have unique villain-hero dynamics.

But if we do this, you can create basically any character you want! Ancient demon frozen in a glacier? Do it! Mad scientist who creates a malfunctioning AI? Do it! Rich man who heads to the streets to fight crime? Do it!

Anyone game?

All right!

I should probably think of a name for the city... hmm...

I went to a random name generator and got 'Goodnews Bay.' That's the best I have right now though haha

I do like the idea of it being a seaside city though.

Anyone have a better idea for the city's name?

Sherwood Shores?

Oooh I like that one :D

If nobody objects let's go with that :D

I'd like to wait for a couple more members before actually creating official threads for this, so if you have a buddy that might be interested feel free to invite them!

I don't know many people who could join so I'll guess we'll have to wait then

Tentatively interested. (Any reason this is in Fantasy? Stuff like this usually ends up in Realistic/Modern, it might get more interest there)

Tentatively interested. (Any reason this is in Fantasy? Stuff like this usually ends up in Realistic/Modern, it might get more interest there)

I dunno? Honestly, it just seems to fit the fantasy setting more to me. I assumed that realistic/modern was mostly for urban fantasy and real life RPs. Stuff that looks almost exactly like the real world to those without special knowledge.

Now that I think about it though, it probably does fit modern more when it comes to the setting. So I'll look through the lists and see if I should change it to modern when I create an official thread. Thanks for mentioning this :)

Gonna commit a minor sin here and double post.

First, I gave a brief check and yeah, I'm pretty likely to move this to modern when I get the chance.

Second, what state do we want this to take place in? I say California. This is mostly unimportant I think unless you're obsessive like me and look up pop culture stuff for states you know you're gonna be RPing in lol

Derpy Dev Derpy Dev I would rather do a state less known or less popular like Delaware, or if you want West coast, Oregon. If you want it to be a big city, it kinda narrows the states down. If you want it to be a large city, Cali is fine.

Im evacuating atm so I’ve got plennnty of time to rp. If it makes my hours in a motel entertaining, I’m hella down.

I live in Hawaii, but luckily I apparently live in just the right place in Hawaii haha. They've all missed me by a hair xD Hope things turn out right over there though.

Anyways, I think the city should be fairly big by necessity. If we're gonna have a lot of stuff going on in it, it needs to be spread out so we don't end up with Clusterfuck City.

Any state suggestions? I'm mostly fine with any state on the coast.

I f
I live in Hawaii, but luckily I apparently live in just the right place in Hawaii haha. They've all missed me by a hair xD Hope things turn out right over there though.

Anyways, I think the city should be fairly big by necessity. If we're gonna have a lot of stuff going on in it, it needs to be spread out so we don't end up with Clusterfuck City.

Any state suggestions? I'm mostly fine with any state on the coast.
I feel like most southern states are seldom touched despite the huge coastal possibilities there. Most people put California as their location when the want beach towns.

Maybe a place like, Myrtle beach or Daytona? Although our ecosystems change drastically from state to state. NC is hot and humid, usually with very little clouds. SC is hot and dry, but gets plenty of wind and breezes. Georgia is hot, humid, and there is very little air movement. All three have plenty of swamps and forests with the beach a hop away.

The towns also tend to be more spread out across the woods, and are mostly split by rivers and creeks if they’re not just beside them or a literal hour away.

Is this going have a linear story? Most roleplays that are "open world" and have no real specified story direction tend to die out quite quickly.

Is this going have a linear story? Most roleplays that are "open world" and have no real specified story direction tend to die out quite quickly.

True, but I also find them very fun. I kinda want to build a story and world as we play. I'm not gonna be the sole creator of this roleplay's lore, every character will add to it with their own story. I have a character in mind already and I think she's going to be hunting for resources to fix... something. No spoilers yet xD But that will be her story that she will go through. Other characters can get involved in her story temporarily, or get permanently attached to her story, or she can get sidetracked and get involved in someone else's story. Since the character limit will basically be as many as you can keep track of, this means a lot of things can be going on at once. If we do it right, we won't face the issue of nobody having anything to do.

I also wanna add a system for this one that my brother uses in a lot of his RPs. Basically, if someone vanishes unexpectedly, somebody else can 'adopt' their character and play them, either just playing them long enough to get them out of the way, or to keep them for a while. There will be an adoption board with the list of adoptable characters.

In short, there will be no story from the start. The story will be what we make of it.

I think I'll be making a thread soon though. Probably just as soon as we decide upon a state xD

Because America the Beautiful is rather... er... un-beautiful sometimes, we basically have to choose between a hot and a cold state lol

Since we're making up a city, we really just need to pick one. It's a super hero setting, so it doesn't need to be the height of accuracy haha

Maybe I just need to pick one myself, but I like working with the other players. So if you guys don't care, just say so. Otherwise, we vote.

My vote's on California though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back