• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Supernatural Strangers

The werewolf smirked as he watched roje glance up and down his body, obviously checking him out, not that he really minded, she could stare if she wanted, it was just rather amusing how she showed no shame in doing so and was making no effort to be discrete about it. Dean walked out of the ring slowly, tempted to "unknowingly" put on a little show for her, but she began blushing so he figured she was probably embarrassed enough. "Calm down I;m going I'm going, not all of us have vampire speed you know." Just to annoy her more, he slowly walked over to his stuff, pulling out a black t shirt from his bag and then a part of jeans.

"You're in such a hurry now, you certainly weren't a few minutes ago." The man smirked before pulling his shirt off over his head and tossing it into his bag with the rest of his belongings. Quickly he stripped in front of her, not really caring about being just in his boxers, they weren't much different from the shorts he had been wearing anyway, and pulled on his shirt and jeans. Both pieces of clothing hugged him in just the right areas, but it was subtle, it wasn't as if he had planned it that way. "Alright sweetheart, lets get going." He grabbed his keys and wallet from his bag and zipped it shut, then threw it over his shoulder. "lets meet this little brother of yours, see what I have to work with in order to get him into shape." He chuckled, hopefully the kid wasn't a complete beanpole so he had somewhere to start.

Britt-21 Britt-21

Roje rolled her eyes "Oh shut up." she said, though she couldnt help but watch him strip out of his shirt and expose those muscles that always caught the eye of anyone nearby. The vampire looked away and cleared her throat as she heard his clothes coming off and then being put back on. Once she no longer heard the rustling of clothes, she looked over and seen him wearing a shirt and some jeans which hugged places she clearly noticed. His clothing, however, also tried to keep some to the imagination. "You might have to work on some things." she pointed out, moving to the door and sliding it open before stepping out. Once he stepped out as well, she shut the door and locked it before turning towards him "He's a pretty good kid. Stubborn but he learns after a few times. He has a temper though. Gets frustrated and forces himself to keep going till he cant no more. Pretty much he has no limits for himself sometimes."

With a shrug, she began to walk "Anyway," she began "Where do you want to eat? I dont feel like deciding last minute." sometimes the vampire did plan ahead just to avoid trouble later on. As she walked, her mind began to wonder from way before she even moved to this place, where all this started. Her vampirism, her shadow kissed state... Everything which lead up to this point. Narrowing her eyes a bit, she snapped from her thoughts and looked at the wolf next to her. Her ears picked up him saying something but she wasnt paying attention to what "Hm?"
(Sorry if my post is a bit messy, I kinda gotta get my footing on this again xD)

"I'm good with like Chinese or something if you want, something that's gonna be fast and easy. I don't really feel like going to a sit down place or anything. I'd say we could just go to the diner if it wasn't for the fact that your brother is probably going to be with us and I don't know how I feel about taking him there when there are so many supernatural beings that hang around in the place, especially this late." The werewolf shrugged and followed Roje down the sidewalk, walking slowly and occasionally glancing over at his friend who now seemed to be in outer space. "If you guys would rather stay in I can just order pizza or something, or go pick something up while you guys talk or whatever. I'm sure you guys are going to have a lot to figure with him "running away" and stuff." As the wolf continued to speak it became apparent that the vampire was not listening in the slightest. "Alright space cadet, time to come back to planet earth please. You've got a little brother to deal with when you get home." Dean chuckled before shaking his head. "Well I'll just see what the kid wants and figure it out from there. He'll probably be hungry too, after all I've never heard of a teenage guy that turned down food."

After a few more minutes of walking, they landed in front of Roje's apartment, the place Dean had tracked her to after the incident at the diner and what had eventually led to her being kidnapped and sent to trial for crimes that she didn't commit. "Damn. I still owe you a door huh?" Dean glanced at the front, it showed obvious signs of wear by the doorknob where the werewolf had kicked it in, as well as the molding around it that was bent out of shape from the sudden force of him kicking it. "I'll take care of that next time I'm over, you'd be surprised but I'm actually pretty handy with tools. I can fix the molding and the frame no problem, as for the door... well I'm not a miracle worker, I'll have to get you another one." The wolf smirked at her before leaning against the side, waiting for her to unlock it. "Guess I don't know my own strength." The wold chuckled before running a hand through his damp hair.

Britt-21 Britt-21

Roje shrugged and soon came up to her place which showed a messed up door as well as the molding. A sigh escaped her lips and she glanced at Dean "You do owe me that door." she confirmed and looked back at it "Since its already broken..." she kicked it open with ease and walked in "Im a vampire so if anyone walks in or something, I'll know. Good perk about my senses." she tossed her bag and moved towards the kitchen where she opened up an 'everything' drawer which had menus, random papers, batteries, pens... Just random junk really. She pulled out a few menus, chinese, japanese, pizza, etc and placed them on the counter "Here, you can call any of these if you want." The vampire moved to the kitchen's doorway and looked over "if you can fix that molding and that frame just as good as you kiss, you're golden." she joked, laughing as she moved back to the front of the place and stood by the doorway to outside. KNowing her brother would be here any minute.

After all, she didnt move too far from home but enough to keep in touch with her brother and be here if he needed her. Looking at the sky, she seen it had been getting darker and darker by the minute. It was amazing at how much happened in so little time... Between being captured, tortured and trialed... To this... Well it was like that never even happened. Though thinking about that Rivane made her close her eyes and sigh. That shit burned and made her want to drink more. Cure that thirst of hers...

Dean made his way to the table that was now covered in multitudes of different menus, pizza, Chinese, anything he could think of really. It came as a surprise to him because while he and the shadow hunters he grew up with certainly didn't know how to cook, he assumed the majority of other super natural beings did. After all, why else would she need so many different menus for take out? The wolf raised an eyebrow at the vampire as she walked back out to the front doorway before shrugging and he began searching through the extensive pile of papers. After a few minutes he came across his favorite pizza delivery place and decided to order a few pies from there, after all he had a wolf's appetite. "Hey Roje!" Dean shouted from the kitchen, "What do you want on your pizza? And what does your brother like? I'm getting bacon on mine but I'm gonna get a couple so let me know what you guys want."

As he finished speaking, he heard voices from the front doorway, the girl's brother must have finally showed up. Good, it would be least worrying for the both of them and the kid would be a lot safer in the company of a werewolf/ex-shadow hunter and a vampire. Not wanting to disturb them further than he already had, the wolf found a comfortable spot on Roje's counter and dialed the pizza place, ordering drinks and chips to go with the pizzas. When roje hollered back their order, he put in for three large pizzas and hung up, he prefered to pay with cash rather than credit so he'd pay when the food got here. The other two finally made their way back into the apartment where Dean sat on the counter grinning. "Hey, there he is. Uneventful taxi ride I hope? Your sister already giving you shit? You just walked through the door dude. Jeez." The wolf laughed, completely joking, and he proceeded to wink at Roje for good measure. "hope you're hungry cause I just ordered a shit ton of food."

Britt-21 Britt-21

Roje smiled when she saw the taxi pull up and she turned her head, hearing Dean call out to her "Doesnt matter! We like almost anything!" she called out, turning her attention back to her brother who stepped out from the car with a duffle over his shoulder. "Good, he didnt hurt you yet." said Roje, moving over towards him and pulling him into a hug and sighing. Looking at the Taxi man, she pulled out some money from her pocket and handed it to him before he went off. 'No he didnt hurt me. I got out without him getting a finger on me, Roje. So im fine.' he hugged his sister back and Roje sighed, releasing him and bringing him into the house, closing the door as much as she could and taking his bag "We got some Pizza on the way so food is taken care of." Putting the bag aside, she looked towards the kitchen where Dean sat "Oh shut up." she laughed

All the while her brother raised his eyebrow and looked between the two "Very uneventful. Didnt talk to the guy cause I had no reason to." said Roje's brother "I am hungry, since my father drank before actually making food. Not surprising." he shrugged "By any chance are you guys..." he looked back between his sister and Dean "Are you one of Roje's sexual partners?" clearly he didnt realize what he just said and the sound of roje spitting out her water had filled the air. "What?" said her brother as he looked at Roje who had this look towards him.

"One of my 'sexual partners'!? Im not a whore Jason!" yelled Roje. She sighed and shook her head "No, he's not my boyfriend who I sleep with. Nor is he a friend with benefits. He's a friend of a friend." not to mention they were pretty much enemies in the supernatural world despite being buddies right now. "The fact that you thought he was my boyfriend is really a surprise. This is the first time he's been in my apartment." even though that was a lie. Couldnt let her brother know about what happened.

"Oh come on Roje, is it really that unbelieveable that we could be together, I mean I know it might be a stretch for you because of how much of a catch I am... I mean you could only hope to be as lucky," Dean smirked at the vampire glared at him but continued to speak, ignoring the look on Roje's face "I mean I'm sitting on your counter, there's a duffle bag in the chair, We're both all hot and sweaty..." He winked at her to which she returned a simple eye roll. "It's really not all that hard of a connection." The man jumped down from the counter and extended a hand to the other guy that had just walked in, shaking his hand firmly, he did indeed have some manners if in fact he tended to ignore them. "My name's Dean by the way, and don't let your sister's actions fool you. She would totally love to bang me if she got the chance." After successfully mortifying Roje and putting her brother into a state of what seemed to be shock, the wolf turned on his heels, pulled up a chair and swung it around, making a seat for himself once again.

"Wont be the last time I'm in this apartment though now will it Roje? I mean after all I'm coming to fix your door tomorrow." He chuckled and continued. "She just keeps making excuses to keep me around bud, you'll probably be seeing quite a bit of me and my sister, if that guy Chris will ever let her have a second to herself." Roje half growled at him and Dean put both of his hands up. "Calm down calm down, I was just joking. I'm fine with Chris taking Alex out on a few dates, as long as they don't you know do stuff." The wolf turned back to Roje's brother. "Besides, your sister has recruited me to be your persona trainer of sorts, I was promised free food out of it." This was a total lie, but if Roje was lying then he could at least lie a little as well, and maybe even get something out of it too.

Britt-21 Britt-21

Roje glared at the werewolf "You're really asking to die, arent you?" Dean really wanted to be thrown into a grave. The more he spoke, the more her anger began to flare up. He was being one cocky son of a bitch "I would not bang you if I got the chance you mu-" she cut herself off, knowing her brother was still in the room and she looked off to the side, crossing her arms across her chest and let out a huff. "You owe me that door. Otherwise I wouldnt be bothering you about that." even though the vampire knew that he was pushing her buttons, he was doing them in the right order. That was till he mentioned Chris being with Alex. A growl escaped her lips "He's not like that, Dean. In case you havent noticed." she pointed out. Watching as he looked back to her brother "Free food? In your dreams."

Jason looked at Dean, shaking his hand but finding it funny how Roje denied everything Dean said. But by her stance and her expression, it was obvious that they hadnt been together. Otherwise Roje would be a different person around the man she dated."Jason..." he said, raising his eyebrow "Aside from your...Whatever you two are, you're my personal trainer?" he glanced at Roje "You want him to train me? You're kidding right?" his sister's lips curled into a grin, knowing Jason had been on her side "He looks like a pretty boy who's been on steroids."

That's when Roje busted out laughing, losing the glare and her hard expression "You'd be surprised Jason." said Roje "He may look like a pretty boy, but he has some strength in him. If you think I'm lying, go ahead, throw a punch." she smirked and looked at Dean "Just a little something to roughen you up, Mutt."

"Mutt?" asked Jason.

"He acts like one, its the reason why I call him that." another lie she had slipped in.

"I am very pretty thank you very much for noticing." He winked at Jason and chuckled, he wasn't about to let this boy turn things around on him, not now that he had Roje all riled up. "And watch who you're talking to, I'll put you straight on your ass. Besides, pissing off your trainer probably isn't such a good idea considering I can make your life a living hell every single day if I wanted to." The wolf laughed again and turned back to Roje. "Oh pleaseee sweetheart. You know you love having this mutt around. I give you a challenge and I don't think you know quite how to handle it." He smirked. "After all, I did just kick your ass." Dean was about to continue when his wolf senses kicked in and he heard someone coming up to the front door, as well as the distinct smell of pizza. "Hold that thought, food's here." As Dean made his way to the door, the doorbell rang and he shouted from the hall. "Told you!"

Dean met the man at the door and he seemed to be rather puzzled about the door that seemed to be having trouble staying on the hinges. "Sorry about that." Dean pulled his wallet out of his pocket and pulled out two twenties for the pies. "Here you are, keep the change. Thanks for coming all the way out here." Dean smiled, it was obvious that the pizza guy recognized him, after all he normally ordered from them at least once a week from his own apartment. Luckily though, the man did not make a comment and he just handed the pizzas to him, Dean taking all three plus the bag of sodas and chips in one arm. The wold used his free hand to stuff his wallet back into his pocket and closed the front door. Returning to the kitchen, he half placed, half tossed the pizzas onto the kitchen table. "Free pizza on the "mutt", dig in." Dean glanced at Roje to see her reaction of him calling himself by her nickname but unfortunately, her face remained unchanged. "And Jason, no I have not been on steroids, although you definitely look like you could use some, calling me a pretty boy, but you're just a little toothpick aren't you?" the werewolf walked over to the cabinets, found the glasses and some paper plates and threw them on the table as well, unpacking the drinks and chips onto the counter after he did so. "You know I should've asked him to pick me up a six pack. I bet he totally would've too if I had thrown him a couple more bucks. Roje you don't have beer do you?" His head was already looking in the fridge even as he asked.

Britt-21 Britt-21

Roje now knew that Dean had some sort of shield on that bounced every comment back. He was a snarky bastard wasnt he? "You're so lucky I dont fight your ass right here, right now." commented the vampire as he perked up and got up from his chair and pointed out that pizza was here. The vampire listened out and heard the heartbeat and the sound of footsteps coming up to the door before the doorbell being rung "Never doubted you mutt." he was a werewolf, of course he would know it was pizza. Dogs always thought about their stomachs when it came to good food. While Dean was taking care of the Pizzas and anytrhing else he ordered, she spoke with her little brother, making sure that he was fine with staying here and fine with being trained. Good news is that he was fine with staying and okay with training. Even though that was the last thing he wanted while going to school.

As Dean returned, he began placing everything down and getting glass as well as plates. Jason being called a toothpick made him glare at Dean "I'm not a Toothpick." he stated "And I dont need steroids either. Even if I did, Ro wouldnt let me." he glanced at Roje who looked at him with a look and a raised eyebrow.

"You're damn straight I wont let you. You dont need that shit in your arms. Get it naturally." she nodded to Dean "He's the way to do it." she said and opened up a pizza box to see what was inside "No, I dont have beer, Dean. Do I look like I drink?" though that was a lie, she did drink, but she hid the stash somewhere where no one would look. "Know what. Fuck it." she walked out of the room and then zoomed upstairs in search for her stash and grabbed two beers before walking back down and walking into the kitchen "You're lucky I happened to have two left." sharing is caring. But she didnt really care but for tonight, it was a night to chill out on. With her brother, and her friend/enemy.

Dean Vax'ildan

It had been over a year since Dean's unfortunate transformation from a slayer of demons to the unsightly beast he now was. It had been almost as long since he had his first interactions with the creature of the night he now called his friend, a woman named Roje. Since that time, after the events of Roje being framed for the killing of who he still considered as one of his own, Dean had been seeked out by a multitude of different wolf alliances that reside within the city. After all, who wouldn't want a former shadowhunter in their ranks? Dean however was not interested in these "packs" as they were often called, that was until his sister had been promoted and left for the city of glass, the home of shadowhunters, the city of Idris. With his sister gone from the Institute of New York, Dean was left with little choice but to join a pack, his source of information about the downworlders now completely cut off.
Joining a pack of downworlders wasn't exactly Dean's first choice. He had never been one to work with others, even when he was a shadowhunter. The idea of working with others, let alone werewolves repulsed him, he'd rather be on his own than constantly have to worry about being stabbed in the back. Being a former shadowhunter may have made him powerful and a valued ally, but it also put a target on his head, not that Dean couldn't handle it. He was strong enough to fight to become the alpha if that was what he wished. His former shadowhunter title lead to a lot of judgement in his newly found group, he could never quite let his guard down. No, the only one he could trust was his sister and maybe his new found vampire friend.

The young werewolf shifted in his seat, leaning his back against the damp, cold window and gazing over the diner in which he currently resided. Another fight with the pack leader, another night banished from their den, another night wondering when his sister was going to return home. The diner seemed desolate without her energy buzzing throughout it, taking various orders at once. Not that there were any orders to take at the moment besides his own. With he and his sister gone, there was no one at the institute to keep it from falling to pieces. The shadowhunters that remained in the city were either too scared or too corrupt to do anything and they were letting the demons run rampant throughout the city. The downworlders were doing the best they could to subdue the demons, but even with warlocks, vampires and werewolves a like, they were no real match for the horrible creatures crawling out of their hellish, twisted dimension. These abominations had sent the faint hearted into hiding, many downworlders no longer came out of their corresponding "safehouses". This meant that the diner and many of the other places downworlders were known to spend their time in were almost entirely deserted. It was a dangerous time to be a downworlder, he could only hope that his sister would return soon, so she could help him straighten this whole mess out.
The waitress made her way over to Dean's table, asking for the third time tonight if she could get him anything else, making him glance up only for a second before returning his gaze to the paperwork, updating him of the shadowhunter realm and the happenings in Idris in front of him. He would have thought by now she would have realized that he wasn't going to order anything more, and to his relief, she filled his coffee and went on her way. The wolf missed when the waitstaff here was good, in fact, he even missed Chris, that human that Alex had grown an interest to before she was transferred. Having never told him about her being a shadowhunter, as it was difficult when she was bound to a code of silence, she had to fake emergency and disappear. The man had disappeared not shortly after his sister, where he was however, the wolf hadn't the faintest idea. Dean had spent some time stirring up any leads but he had never been one to pry, so when he heard he had taking a leave of absence from the diner he wasn't entirely surprised. The werewolf was sure that Roje knew more, but with him defending the city from demons, he had seen little of her more than in passing since. Roje however, he kept a closer tab on if not only for her but for her little brother who he had spent a short amount of time training. The boy wasn't fit for fighting downworlders by any means but at least now he could defend himself from the average mundane, which was more than he could say previously. The boy was going to school and it seemed that Roje was up to her usual antics, sticking her nose in places it didn't belong to find answers to her own mystery, which held the name Shadow Kissed. More than once, Dean had to pull some favors to keep her from getting herself in serious trouble, but for the most part she had handled herself rather well in the last few months. Things were certainly becoming more complicated however, and he kept a close eye on her because he could feel the storm that was brewing, it loomed over the city and became more foreboding every day.

Alexandra Vax'ildan

Months of training, studying, and waiting had seemed to finally pay off for the young shadowhunter. Having spent just shy of the last six months in Idris, through a wanted yet unwanted promotion, Alex had spent the entirety of her time discussing the happening and in turn the fate of the New York Institute with the leaders of her people, the government known as the Clave. Her brother had been the next in line to run the institute and while Alex had been a good enough candidate she had not been properly trained in the way of running an institute, let alone was she considered to have enough experience in her young age. Her "promotion" which was supposedly there to help her quicken her path to head of the Institute had only slowed her progress, being closer to the seat of power and therefore having more red tape by the day. In fact, the time she spent in Idris, while valuable in a diplomatic sense and learning a multitude of new fighting techniques, kept her from the real experience she would have gained from running the institute itself, which although she didn't know it, was in dire need of a new leader.
However, Alex's time in the city hadn't been entirely wasted, she had spent months studying in the vast library, which contained every book known to the shadowhunters of their history as well as the history of the downworlders. She studied with some of the greatest shadowhunters alive, apprenticing with both an extremely skilled close combat veteran and a skilled ranger. The young shadow hunter was also kept under a close eye of the Clave and was often allowed to come observe court proceedings, which many shadowhunters never get to experience. Alex spent her time wisely, making connections with important people in and surrounding the city, and even spending time with the organization called the Iron Sisters, who crafted the majority of the shadowhunters' weapons and armor.

However, as the months passed and Alex completed both her training and the tasks she was assigned personally by the Clave, which mostly included pushing paperwork, she was finally summoned by them. This meeting would be her final test before being sent back to the New York institute, her final hurdle before returning home. Under the close eye of the Clave, the young shadowhunter completed this task and was granted her new orders, return to the institute in New York. While the girl hadn't yet been promoted to the head of institute, after the training she had received in her home land, she would be next in line to do so. Her orders were to return home through a portal conjured by a warlock that lived just outside the city, however, when she reached the residence, it was obvious that someone, or something had been there recently. Whatever the being was, based on the level of destruction Alex guessed it to be a greater demon, it was obvious someone didn't want her to come home. However, with the runes still drawn and the arcane energy still in the air, Alex took her stele from her cloak and began to reactivate the portal. As the air flickered a strange blue-purple color and felt as though there was a high energy pulsing through it, the portal reappeared with a loud crackling noise and the female hunter jumped through, unaware of the possible consequences. When the portal spit her out, she landed rather uncomfortably, falling on her knees to the floor, being tossed from the entryway like a rag doll. When she righted herself and took in her surroundings, Alex knew she had made it to New York, however, the area in which she currently resided was distorted, twisted, as if the realms were shifting around her. For a girl that grew up in the s=city, she was terribly, terribly lost.

Britt-21 Britt-21

One year was all it took for all supernatural creatures to have to deal with demons that the Shadow Hunters were supposed to knock out during the year. One fucking simple year that the Shadow Hunters slacked on trying to Maintain the beasts. Now it was up for the Supernatural creatures to defend against the damn things but even then, the demons still were destorying the strong beings. Roje was clearly not happy about this, and with Alex gone and her Mutt friend off doing his own thing... She was by herself with her brother who she protected with her life. Made sure he got home safe, went to school safe. To say the very least, Roje became a mother to her little brother due to the sudden growth in danger. As for Chris... The vampire had no idea where her best friend was. He vanished not too long after Alex. Poor guy probably was lonely without her. Certainly Roje was bored without her, after all, that Hunter saved her life when captured and tortured with Rivane. As well as support her during Trial.

Right now, Roje was in a house that was covered in as much holy stuff that the vampire could get her hands on. Keeping as many demons away as possible just to keep her brother safe. Just because she wasnt safe, she was at ease that he was. The rules for him were not to go outside at night, to stay in the house and just watch tv, sleep, eat, or play games. Of course, her brother didnt like that Idea much but he had no choice. Leaning against the window frame in the livingroom, she glanced outside before pulling out her phone and looking at it. No call from Chris and no call from Dean. Maybe she should be the one to call? After all, it would be nice to talk to someone else other than her brother for once. Then again, he really didnt talk to her unless he was hungry or bored... They were still close but still kept to themselves from time to time. Unlocking her phone, she went through her contacts and scrolled to Dean, tapping his name and calling him. The vampire lifted the phone to her ear and listened as the phone began to ring "C'mon Mutt, its not that hard to pick up a phone."

----

Chris may have been missing but it wasnt because he was kidnapped or killed. He in fact left the city for a little while. Needing a bit of a break, especially since things seemed to have gotten a little more crazy over the months. He also didnt have Alex with him, so leaving the city was definitely easier. But for Roje (and Dean)... He didnt warn her that he was leaving. She was his best friend, but it was best that she didnt know where he went, especially with how busy she had gotten in so little time. Plus, Roje was a vampire, she could handle herself. After over a year, he wondered if she was really okay now. As he thought about this, he stood at the end of a dock, looking out into a large lake with trees around it, making it look almost like a painting. The country was what he needed after the city life, and it was a great change. But a thought dawned on him: Should he go back? Would he like going back to the busy days in the city? Turning his back to the lake, he began to walk back towards land and to his truck that waited for the owner's return.

After a good few minutes of packing his clothes and a few belongings, he tossed them in his truck and went off to the city once again. He needed to check on his best friend, had to check on Dean to see if he was doing good too, and hopefully Alex was back in the city doing whatever Alex usually does best. "I hope I dont regret this." Chris said aloud, looking at the road as he had one hand on the wheel while the other rested on the door.

(Short for chris but I hope this was decent :3)

Dean Vax'ildan

"Damn it!" The wolf growled and slammed his fist into the table, breaking the eerie silence that had overcome the diner. The updates of both the institute and the Clave seemed to be getting worse by the day. It seemed that not only were demons overrunning the city here, but in many other places as well, it seemed there was something stirring the other realm, causing the demons to migrate here instead. He would have to alert his pack as soon as possible, after all, if they were going to be the ones fighting demons, they needed all the information that they could get. It seemed there wasn't much information behind the reasoning of this sudden surge of demons however, while some of the higher officials seemed to have stacked it up to just a periodic swell of demons, the young shadowhunter knew better.
There had not been a demon stirring of this magnitude in a hundred years, at least according to the shadowhunters' records, certainly the silent brothers would have spoken up if it was a normal influx of the monsters, but they had remained surprisingly silent, at leaast as far as the werewolf was aware. There was no sign of communication between the Clave and the silent brothers in his documents. Surely, they had to be doing something, if his sister were here, that would be the first logical place to start figuring out exactly what was causing these demons to attack with such fierceness.
Dean sipped on his coffee and continued through the rest of the notes that lay spread across the table. This research had become a rather regular activity for Dean, especially since after his sister left. He felt more at ease knowing the current situation so that he could protect the people he cared about, not that there were many of those left. He had had very little contact with his sister since she had gone home, she was either too busy in order to contact him, or there was some underlying reason she hadn't been allowed to. Maybe what she was working on was too important and she couldn't tell him for security reasons, or maybe there was just very little communication going in and out of Idris. Either way, he just wished she would call to let him know what was going on, when she might come home and maybe he could talk to her about what was going on here in New York.

Just as Dean was getting up and packing his things to leave, having looked through the entirety of his paperwork, his phone rang. Could it really be his sister? Maybe she was finally coming home after all. No, when Dean reached for his phone he saw the name Roje written across the screen. Did she need something? Hopefully nothing had happened, with either her or her brother. The werewolf cleared his throat and answered the phone. "Hello? What's up fangs? You know, it's not very polite to call someone at this time of night you know, we're not all nocturnal like you." The smirk across his face was just as apparent in the tone the wolf spoke in as he greeted her, he had always loved giving her a hard time. Her buttons were so easy to push. However, Dean didn't actually mind that she had called so late, in fact as of late he was never asleep before three or four in the morning. In fact, he was actually happy to hear from the vampire, he only hoped that nothing had happened.

Britt-21 Britt-21

Roje merely rolled her eyes "Fangs? That's the best nickname you got for me?" she laughed and shook her head "Man you never change, do you? Anyway, time never mattered to you, so I dont know why you're mentioning it now after about a little over a year." the vampire pointed out, walking from her window and into the kitchen "Things have been getting out of hand for the past year, I wanted to make sure the mutt was still okay." she teased, opening the fridge and pulling out a bloodbag for herself. "Seems he's still kicking." a grin tugged her lips as she pulled the cap of the bag off and spat it off towards the sink. It was definitely nice to talk to Dean again. After all, he was her sparring partner for a while and then trained her little brother for the time being. Since then, they've kinda been apart, doing their own thing. "I was wondering if you wanna come over. I'm bored as fuck and I have nothing to entertain me right now. I mean there's my brother but he's not as fun to mess around with like you." plus, she had no idea when Dean was going to bed so might as well keep him up longer, right?

"If not, that's fine. I can just fuck around with you on the phone, not like i'm missing anything other than the rampant demons outside." she brought the plastic bit to her lips and just straight up sucked the blood out from there, moving to the counter and leaning back against it before pulling her lips from the cap. "How've you been? I forgot to ask that. My bad."

Dean Vax'ildan

"you call me mutt, I really don't think that you have any room to talk." The wolf chuckled into the phone and shook his head slightly, she certainly hadn't changed very much in the last year, if any at all. Well, maybe she was a bit more motherly, but that came with having to care for a little sibling, which Dean knew from experience. "I'm just giving you shit Roje, jeez no need to be so hostile. I don't care what time you call, you know I'll be up or get up the majority of the time. Wolves don't need much sleep and I was a shadowhunter, sleep isn't exactly something we're used to getting a lot of. In fact I'd say that the term "sleep schedule" isn't even in our vocabulary." The shadowhunter shifted in his seat and rose from the booth he had made his place in. Taking his mug of coffee to the front counter so the young fae girl would not have to worry about cleaning his table. He left her a hefty tip for her time dealing with him and began to organize his paperwork back into the folder he carried. "Awww, you're worried about me sweetheart? That's cute. It seems I've wormed my way into that cold heart of yours haven't I? Don't worry, I'm like a disease, you couldn't get rid of me even if you wanted to. Besides, you should know it takes more than a few pesky demons to take me down. You were my sparing partner after all, although, you've still yet to see me go wolf haven't you? Well, you'll probably see it sooner or later."
Dean yawned and stretched as he made his way to the front door of the diner and made his way out into the cold crisp air of night. The young werewolf pulled his sweatshirt closer around his neck, while he had werewolf blood and that kept him warmer than even most humans, he was still not a big fan of wind, it was ominous, and it always meant something was on it's way, the way it whistled through the buildings almost like voices trying to warn him. "Sure Roje, I'll make my way over. I'm at the diner now so I'm not terribly far. And I'm sure I can find a way to entertain you." His voice turned deep and silky, of course, he was only kidding, but it was always fun to get his friend worked up, after all she had certainly made it sound as if that was what she was insinuating. "I would hope your brother isn't as entertaining as me! Jeez Roje what kind of fucked up shit are you into? You know what, I don't want to know. But I'm on my way." The wolf smirked and slowly a large cheshire grin spread across his face. Dean began to make his way towards the female vampire's home.

The vampire and werewolf chatted on his swift walk over and soon he was at the door. Not even bothering to knock the wolf made his way into the house, as Roje had left the door unlocked, which he'd have to scold her about later. There was no need to make such careless mistakes with all the demons running around. He didn't want to hear that they had been attacked or taken simply for the fact that they had forgotten to lock the front door. Although, the lock on a standard wooden door would not keep a demon busy for long. He'd have to have Alex cast some runes around the entrances of the house, it would help the demons from crossing through the thresholds of the home, they had a human to protect here after all. Well, he'd have to have Alex do so after she got back... Damn he wished that she would give him a call, a letter, something so that he at least knew his sister was alright. Dean knew her work was important and that she was probably very busy but she didn't have time to write to him at least once the entire time she'd been in the glass city?!
"Honey I'm homeeeee...." The wolf half yells in a sing songy voice as he crossed the threshold. He made his way to the kitchen where he assumed the vampire was and went straight to the cabinet for a glass so he could pour himself a glass of water. "so what have you been up to exactly? other than taking care of you baby brother that is. Has he been keeping up with the schedule I gave him? He won't be able to maintain his muscle mass if he doesn't." Dean hoped up onto the counter and began swinging his legs lightly as he reached over to the sink and filled his glass. "I've been working with the pack, getting as much information about the institute and about home as possible. Oh well okay, not here home, home as in Idris home. It's the home to all shadowhunters. Anyway, it seems that New York isn't the only place this is happening in. It seems that the Demons are riled up from something globally, but no one can figure out a cause, or even get a lead to the cause. I'm starting to debate going to see the Faerie Queen and that's something a shadowhunter would rather rush into a vampire nest before doing." He sighed and tossed the folder he was carrying onto the kitchen table. "Here all the reports are in there, you're welcome to read them if you'd like, I'm pretty much done with them, for now at least, until something else that might help us turned up. Have you seen or talked to Chris by the way?"

Alexandra Vax'ildan

"What in the hell...?" The female shadowhunter whispered under her breath as she stepped out of the portal. The air shimmered in front of her as she slowly glanced around at her familiar yet unfamiliar surroundings. Alex has absolutely no idea what was going on, it was as if she was walking through mist, yet there was an obvious arcane like energy in the air, more than what would be remaining from the portal that she had just jumped through. As she moved, her form itself began to bend and shift, causing her to fall off balance and onto the ground in front of her. "Oh no. This can't be good." Alex reached for her stele and said a silent prayer that she hadn't lost it in the transport, she drew a rune onto her leg, aiding her balance as well as her perception, making the shimmering filter that was covering her entire vision less disorienting. She rose to her feet again and began to explore the area in which she had portaled to.
Alex had not spent much time in the area, but she recognized it as the edge of the west side of the city. shed be able to find her walk back with moderate but feasible difficulty. However, what she really wished, was that she could come across another person, whether it be a mundane so she could ask for directions or preferably, a downworlder of some kind so she could ask him or her about the unnerving mist that has seemed to have taken over the city. Hopefully, the shadowhunter would be able to get the meeting point she had sent to her brother in her series of letters, which he had never responded to, the lazy jerk. It wasn't like he had anything better to do with his time, she was studying day and night and she had still found the time to write to him!

After about an hour of making her way east towards central park, Alex had finally encountered another living being, a young warlock that seemed to be darting in and out of alleyways, as if he was hiding from something. Slowly, not to frighten him, she approached and called out to him. "Hello? Can you help me?" The warlock didn't turn or move from his spot. The young hunter called to him again. "Are you okay? Do you need help? Is there something after you?" As she called again, the warlock turned toward her, but in a face of pure fear. Perplexed, Alex raised an eyebrow towards the warlock, surely he had seen a shadowhunter before? Surely he at least knew that she wasn't going to hurt him. However, as she continued to try to speak to him, he again didn't answer and instead, his mouth dropped open as a large limb came down towards him, from behind the hunter. Alex sun on her heels and turned towards the being, a demon had somehow managed to sneak up behind her. It must had been the light, but the demon looked much more menacing ad much large than she remembered the average demon being. The young warlock screamed and stood still frozen, as Alex reached for the seraph blade that she had hidden in the side of her boot. "Jeriah!" The shadowhunter yelled the blades name as it suddenly ignited in her hand and began to glow with a holy light. She swiftly stepped inward, stabbing into the demon and cutting downward, slicing the demon from its chest down. The demon let out a blood chilling noise as it cried out in pain and fell to dust at Alex's feet. The hunter turned back to the warlock, expecting him to be thankful for her help but instead the child just stood in awe, for he had just seen a demon cut open by an invisible force and disappear without a trace. It was now obvious to the young shadowhunter, that she was not in the realm in which she thought, she seemed to be trapped between the two, unable to contact her own realm, and instead stuck with the monsters she was training to kill.

(So just to clarify, Alex is stuck in between the two planes and she currently can't contact anyone in the normal human realm, but her actions can be seen)
Britt-21 Britt-21

Roje rolled her eyes "So butthurt." she said with a light laugh before scoffing "You worm your way into my cold heart? Honey, you havent wormed your way into anything. Trust me." oh man he loved pushing her buttons. Of course, she learned to ignore such comments he made and only roll her eyes at the remarks. The vampire spoke with him for a while. Catching up on some things and throwing a few jokes or teases back and forth. Once the pair finially hun up Roje walked around the house, her hands on her hips before she paused to hear someone outside. Her eyebrow raised and caused her to slowly move towards the front of the house, only to pick up the smell of mutt and know instantly that this scent was Dean. This caused her to turn back and move to the kitchen, cleaning up anything that was left out. The singsong voice of Dean made her laugh and shake her head "I havent been up to anything, Dean." putting away some dry dishes, she looked over "Of course he's keeping up with the Schedule you gave him. I'm always haunting him on doing the stuff that you told him to."

"So the demons here arent the only ones going crazy... That's definitely not good. Especially since you said they are riled up globally..." things were a lot worse than she thought and Supernatural creatures were going to drop like flies. Dean then tossed a file onto the kitchen table and caused her to glance over at it "I'll take a look at them at some point." closing the cabinet, she turned and leaned back against the counter she was next to "I havent seen or spoken to Chris since he disappeared. I'm worried about him if I'm being honest." Roje crossed her arms over her chest and sighed. Her best friend was gone and she wasnt sure if he was coming back. Even then, there was no way she was going to let him come back with all the dangers out in the city now. He'd die pretty much instantly since he was human. "Either way, all we can do is hope that he's safer out where he is. For now, it's just us in this demon-infested city." her eyes shifted up to the clock but then back to Dean "So that's all you've been doing? Getting intel and doing homework?"

Dean Vax'ildan

The man shrugged as she mentioned it wasn't a very good omen that the demons were rising up globally. "It's not, and no one knows why, which makes it almost worse. You would think that someone would be doing more about this kind of stuff, it's kind of a big deal ya know? I don' know, maybe they're just so busy in Idris figuring it out that there's just not enough information about it coming out to the public. Hell, I haven't heard from Alex in weeks. It's not like her. She's worrying me. I would've thought that she would at least send me what information she could about what was exactly going on there." But, for all the werewolf knew, Alex may not even know about the situation at all, in fact, it was possible that they were keeping it from her while she was training in fear that she would come back to the city. While Dean hoped that this wasn't the case, he didn't know anymore give everything that had been going on. After all, the New York institute was almost completely silent, he hadn't seen a single shadowhunter enter or leave the institute in close to two weeks. Dean had even put one of the wolves in his pack on guard in front of the institute, hoping he might get any inkling of what they were doing to try to stop this demon epidemic, if anything at all.
"Id prefer if you read them over at some point, it'll give you a better idea of what's going on and I'll feel like I have to worry about you guys less. Although, I have some wolves doing patrols around this area. There are some advantages with becoming the Alpha's right hand, his Beta if you prefer." Dean chuckled slightly and ran a hand through his hair before continuing, "And before you complain about being babysat or watched or whatever, I know they're wolves, you're a vampire and that doesn't really miss but they're under orders to protect you and your brother, who's human. We can't harm mundanes without the Clave going after us. You guys are safe. It gives me peace of mind so please don't make a big deal out of it." It was more comforting than Dean would like to admit at this very moment because the more things that went on, the more worried Dean was getting about the state of the city, as well as the safety of Roje. With Alex gone and no longer there to be overprotective over, Roje had begun to take her place in that department. Alex also wasn't there to act as his back up in keeping her safe either, which meant that Roje's safety in his eyes, as well as essentially the entire city was laying on the young shadowhunter's shoulders.
"I wish we would hear from Chris, I know he's human and not much help and he doesn't even know about the majority of this world, including my sister and I being shadowhunters, but it would be nice to have another guy around here. No offense to your brother. I can't believe he just up and disappeared like that either, the nerve of him just up and ditching everyone. Although, I guess it was partially because Alex had to run off without really telling him where she was going. God I told her not to get involved with a human. We're not even supposed to get involved with downworlders for god sake! She should know better than to get herself caught up with a human. It's not like she can just up and tell him "Oh hey I slay demons for a living and angel blood runs through my veins" now can she? No, god she's so stupid. She's bound by the Clave, she can't say shit to him."
Of course, Dean was more mad at his sister and her lack of sense than at Chris for running off, in his situation wouldn't he have done the same thing? His sister just up and left the poor kid without any kind of explanation or apology, one day she was just gone. But hadn't she done the same thing to Dean? In a way, he couldn't blame her, the Clave always got what they wanted and what they wanted was for Alex to be close to them in Idris, but couldn't she have tried harder to stay? To prove that she could handle running the institute without the "training" they required, after all Dean hadn't gone through any training before he had become head of the institute. His in to exactly what the hell was going on was gone and the werewolf had no idea when it would be coming back. Nor, did he know if his little sister would be coming back at all.
The wolf was shaken from his inner monologue and back to reality when the vampire spoke again. Had he been doing anything other than researching the demons? No, of course not! When would he have had time to do anything else? The situation was dire he couldn't just go off and do what he pleased while he let the demons run wild throughout the city. As much as he wished to not get involved, he knew that he really didn't have much of a choice, that there was no one else within the city that would be able to find out exactly what was going on. The intel that the shadowhunter had access to was vital to finding the root of his problem and the wolf knew it. He had even joined a pack! Something he swore he would never sink so low as to do. "No, with everything going on in the city, my pack and I are doing the best we can to try to keep it from falling to pieces around us. There hasn't really been much time to breathe let alone do anything besides this. The shadowhunters, where ever they went, are gone. They're not helping us anymore, at least the ones that are still in the institute. If there are any left in the city at all. If they went into hiding, I don't know, I haven't heard anything. So, for now, it seems it's up to us downworlders, specifically the vampires and werewolves to take care of this. I doubt the fae folk will get involved, they rarely do in situations so "insignificant" as this. They live for thousands of years and have their own safe little realm that they'll probably continue to hide in. As for the warlocks? I doubt we'll see any of them unless there's money or power involved."

Britt-21 Britt-21

Roje nodded lightly "I wouldnt blame you for being worried about Alex. Honestly, without her, I wouldnt be here right now. I'd probably be off getting killed right now." Alex was a friend, and Dean knew that the vampire made friends with the Hunter. Her mouth opened to speak when she heard that he had wolves patrolling the area. But he stopped her from complaining or protesting, causing the vampire to huff and look away. "Look, I know you care. But you dont have to have wolves watch over me. My brother? Fine. Me, I dont need it." Roje was a stubborn vampire and hated to feel like a damsel in distress. It's why she always looked out for herself, kick ass when she needed to and when she could. The mutt knew that she was strong, but he didnt know the exact reason why she was stubborn about these things. "Chris liked Alex, a lot. So him leaving was probably a better way for him to relax, try not to get bent out of shape. He's a loveable guy. Always was." Roje knew the feeling of being heartbroken. She could only imagine what Chris went through. Too bad she wasnt there to help him out since he just up and left. Pushing herself off from the counter, she walked around the kitchen in a slow pace.

"Of course the hunters arent hiding. They're being wusses! They are Hunters and its their job to do it! Fucking...assholes." Roje took her hand and ran it through her hair "So the vampires and werewolves have to take care of this mess ourselves! We may be superhumans but we can die too. Demons are demons. Stronger than any other race that I know of. We dont even have special markings or anything to keep them away. Aside from..you know...Jesus who's sitting all over this house right now for my little brother." she looked back over to Dean "So it's just us in this impossible war."

Dean Vax'ildan

"I have the wolves watching over both of you because you're with your brother often. I have them watching the house, making sure noting is going on that I have to worry about in the sense of the demons tracking or stalking either of you guys." The werewolf sighed and shook his head. No matter what Roje said, he wasn't about to just let her run around the city without any form of protection. It wouldn't be right. He cared for her, he'd keep her safe just like he would anyone else he considered a friend. He'd be doing the same thing for Chris if he could figure out where the guy had run off to. He also had an obligation to keep her little brother safe. He was a human and he didn't know anything about the world he lived in, if Roje wanted to keep him in the dark about things, well that was her choice. But, Dean wanted to at least make sure he'd be safe.
"I don't know Roje. I don't know if the hunters are just being wusses and hiding or if there's something else going on. I've had the pack watching them for weeks now and there's no one coming or going at the Institute. The whole area over there is strangely quiet. It's as if they've all disappeared. If they were being cowardly, you'd at least see some evidence that they were hanging around. I don't know. Maybe they are just hiding. It just seems odd is all." Dean ran his hand through his hair and jumped down from his spot on the counter. "Listen I know this whole thing seems tough, like it's going to be impossible for us to win but we have to try you know? It's not like I can just sit around and watch the city fall to pieces around us. We have to do something. Besides, the vampires and werewolves in this city are a pretty fiesty bunch. We're not going to be easy to put down, and if we do go down, well then we'll go down fighting that's for sure."
Dean didn't know if they could win this war, hell he didn't even know if he could keep his friends safe. But he was damn sure going to try. Once his sister returned they could start making a game plan, figure out exactly what was going on in the Institute and exactly what they were up against. They'd figure everything out. If only his sister would come back.

Britt-21 Britt-21

Roje knew there was no point on fighting on him about her protection. He'd be just as stubborn with it as she would be stubborn without it. "We're all trying, Dean. All of us. I'm seeing vampires I've never seen before, werewolves I never met. Everyone is coming out of hiding just to stop this war that's going to break out. Or that is already out." dropping her arms, she stopped pacing and leaned up against the doorframe of the kitchen "We just have to be careful with the hands we were given. If we dont play our cards right, we're screwed and we both know that." maybe talking about the situation wasnt such a great idea. Especially since her brother can pop in at any moment if he decided to come down, or she can become more stressed out over everything. "How about we just talk about something else? Something like mabe how you've been aside from the demons being out and about."

She was sure she didnt get to ask that before "Find a new sparring partner since we stopped? Get rough with them?" a grin slowly tugged her lips, she knew that fighting rough with him was the best thing anyone strong, could do. It was fun, almost like a game "Unless you held back and saved all the rough for me~" she teased, walking out from the kitchen with a chuckle and moving to the livingroom.

Dean Vax'ildan

"I know you're trying, we're all trying. I just don't think it's going to be enough. None of the vampires or wolves here have ever experienced something like this before, there are few that are even old enough to remember being at war with the demons ever before. The shadowhunters are our first line of defense, if not our only line of defense. We're trained for it. And yet they're not doing shit! Hell, they're not even giving us any reason as to why they aren't. I Haven't even heard from Alex in months. I don't know what's going on but I'm going to do everything I can to make sure we figure this shit out. I'm done playing petty games with these monstrosities. I'm about ready to just go on a demon killing rampage." The wolf half growled as he wiped his palms on his jeans. He was doing everything he could and it still wasn't enough, in fact, it didn't seem like it was helping at all. He wanted to be able to protect his friends, his family, and yet, he was almost completely powerless against a threat this size. He was only one guy, as much as he wanted to, he couldn't take on an army by himself. His partner in crime was no where to be found and he was tired of being on his own, tired of trying to solve a seemingly unsolvable puzzle.

"Talk about something else? How am I supposed to talk about anything else but this? My sister is missing, her boy or whatever he was to her is gone too. The shadowhunters are hiding with their tails between their legs and everything is falling apart. The whole thing is a fucking shit show." Dean sighed and tried to steady his increased breathing, he could feel the pace of his heart quickening as much as he was trying to keep under control. If he wasn't careful he could spur on a transformation and the last thing Dean wanted to was go wolf in the middle of Roje's kitchen.

After a few moments, he managed to regain his composure, though his hands were fists at his sides, his knuckles white, trying to keep himself sane. "Alright fine. let's try something else. Sorry, I didn't mean to outburst like that." It wasn't like him to lose his cool like that, sure maybe when he was being protective, but not just at random like that. This whole situation was getting to him more than he wanted to let on. "I haven't gotten a new sparing partner, not unless I'm controlling one of the pack at least. They tend to get a bit too rowdy for my liking. But other than that no, I haven't really had the time." The vampire was smirking at him, but he wasn't exactly in the mood to be his flirty asshole self. However, he played along and followed her as she moved toward the living room and out of the kitchen. Maybe she could help him take him mind of things, for as little time as she could and he had to admit, as stressful as everything was, it was nice to have Roje around. He had gone so long without talking to anyone with everything going the way it was, that he had almost forgotten what it was like to just have a normal conversation with someone that didn't involve giving orders. Although, the wolf chuckled slightly at the thought, this conversation was far from normal, but hey, so were they.

Britt-21 Britt-21

Roje rolled her eyes as she heard the wolf ranting. Granted, it was obvious he was getting mad just by his tone of voice and the sound of his heartbeat picking up, but she didnt let that bother her. All she had to do was run, and it wasnt that hard. He calmed down and eventually began to talk like a normal human being. "Wolves love getting a little rowdy. I'm surprised you didnt like that from your little pack. I'm sure if I was a wolf, i'd be showing my dominance throughout the pack. Cross me and I'll be kicking your ass to the dirt. But hey, you already knew that." the vampire plopped down on the couch, crossing one leg over the other and sinking into the coushins. "Considering we did beat eachother up back at the ring in the warehouse." speaking of...she missed that place but rarely went in there due to the demons running around outside and didnt wanna run into any. "We really need to go back at some point. I miss my sparring partner." leaning her head back, she looked back and up at him.

"Come sit down. Dont worry about all the shit happening outside. We have enough worry to give me grays." she joked, laughing and shaking her head "Anything else I miss in your wolf life, mutt?" aside from the obvious things in life.

(So short im so sorry DX)

Dean Vax'ildan

"They're not just rowdy, they're reckless. As much of an asshole as I may be, I'm not reckless. In fact I'm anything but. I don't want to be leader of that stupid pack, dealing with a bunch of over excited, hormonal pups doesn't exactly sound like my definition of fun, I'd probably want to blow my brains out if I'm being entirely honest with you." The wolf sighed and ran a hand through his hair as he collapsed into a chair in the corner of the room. Dean was more exhausted than he had realized.

"I'd say we should get back to sparing but with a wolf and vampire scent in a place like that, I doubt it would be very safe. The demons would find us in a second and I'm not really in the mood to have to fight through a hoard after a sparing session with you." Dean chuckled. "Not to say I couldn't handle it but we don't exactly take it easy in those sessions. The last thing I want is to get a cramp." He smirked slightly and fell deeper into the chair. "Other than what I've said you haven't missed much. I searched for Chris for a little bit but either that dude doesn't want to be found, or something came up and he got out of here fast. The guy is smart though. I'm sure he's fine. Would just be nice to have everyone in the same place again you know what I mean?" He shrugged slightly, "Anyway, I know you've been spending most of your time cooped up in here or protecting your brother. Must suck to have these crosses all around here. How'd you even manage to put them all up without burning yourself anyway?" Dean raised an eyebrow at the vampire, she didn't have any major wounds, that he could see at least, so she had to have been smart about it. Maybe her brother had put them up, but how would she have explained that, 'Oh I had a sudden connection with god! I'm going to go to church every Sunday!', It didn't exactly seem like Roje's style, not to mention the fact that she couldn't even step into a church without bursting into flame.

Alexandra Vax'ildan

The sensation of being entirely alone in the world was by far the weirdest experience she had had as a shadowhunter so far. Alex had spent the last few hours simply wandering around the city, it was late, so there weren't many people running around but this was the city that never slept, so there was the occasional business man out too late, or homeless drunk staggering down the street. One of them had even managed to bump into her and while it was a good feeling that she could at least somehow interact with the human world, it was entirely obvious that no one could see her. The young shadowhunter had tried everything she could think of, screaming, waving her hands, but nothing seemed to have any effect. The only thing that had gotten anyone's attention was when she had thrown an old beer bottle against the side of a building she passed and it had shattered, scattering glass all over the sidewalk, leaving her hand cut and bleeding. What was she going to do? Nothing in her training had prepared her for anything like this, she had no idea where to even start to try to fix the predicament she found herself in. Perhaps, there was nothing she could do, maybe she'd be stuck like this forever, growing old and wasting away in between dimensions. Could she even eat? God she hoped so, straving to death wasn't exactly on the top of her list of ways to die.

More mindless wandering lead the young girl to the front door of the institute. Having not meant to come here but seeing no other option, she made her way up to the door and tried in desperation to open it with her stele, which had luckily made it through the journey through the portal. While the rune she carved glowed against the dark oak surface, nothing happened besides the sound of creaking hinges, being pushed by the slowly increasing wind. Frustrated and out of options, she screamed again "WOULD SOMEONE PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF THE ANGEL HELP ME PLEASE?" Alex began to bang on the door, flailing her fists againbst the surface and reopening the wound on her her hand. "Dammit!' She kicked the door in one last act of desperation, reeling back immediately from the pain of kicking a solid wooden door. The shadowhunter sighed and stepped back from the opening. Maybe someone had heard her within the institute? Maybe someone would come open the door and let her inside? Someone within had to have the answer to this! Certainly this had happened before right? Portals are tricky, she couldn't have been the only one caught like this...

Alex waited patiently outside the institute, waiting for a shadowhunter to come open the door for her, to no avail. It wasn't as if they wouldn't have heard her, the door was charmed to ring like a doorbell throughout the institute when a visitor came. Maybe because she wasn't physically in this plane? She didn't know, but if she could effect the things around her... maybe her brother would know what to do.

Alex arrived at the door to her brothers apartment to find the door locked and there was no sign of life behind it. With the dust and cobwebs, it was almost like he didn't live there at all. He wouldn't have moved while she was gone would he? There would've been no other way to find him! It wasn't as if he had ever responded to her letters. How was she supposed to know where he had run off to? With a big huff, the young shadowhunter sighed and let her shoulders fall, both entirely discouraged from the whole predicament and unsure of what to do next. How was she going to find him? What an idiot! With her stele, she tried to unlock the door to no avail. Either he had spells in place for things like this to not work, or she couldn't use runes in the state she was in. The shadowhunter groaned, wishing she had paid more attention to when they had been taught how to pick locks as a kid, she was a shadowhunter! She had runes, she didn't need to lock pick! By the angel she was stupid.

The young shadowhunter was beginning to feel hopeless. In fact, she collapsed onto the floor in front of the door and held her head in hands. She was going to be stuck like this forever. She'd never get back to her normal form...

Alex began to sob as she crumpled onto he knees, unaware of the growing dark energy behind her. It starts as a waiver in the air, then it rips open as a large grotesque form steps through the opening. The horrible, twisted creature loomed over the shadowhunter, its skin bubbling as if there's liquid flame underneath the charred blackened skin. The cracked dry skin left openings for the dark red almost lava like ooze to drip down it's body, leaving a puddle at the creature's long mangled feet, the talons cutting right through the concrete. The demon's unnaturally long extremities reach out for the hunter, its hands jagged, black claws looming over the small figure.

Dean Vax'ildan

The two young adults sat in the living room talking for what seemed like just a few minutes until he glanced at the clock placed high above the TV. "Lord it's 3 am already? I should probably get to bed. I've been up since 6. Do you mind if I just crash here on the couch? I promise I won't sneak into your room in the middle of the night and murder you." The wolf's sense of humor was a bit twisted and he chuckled to himself before continuing "And I promise not to harass your brother when he gets up for school in the morning." Hell he'd even make breakfast, he just really didn't feel like making the trek all the way back home. The vampire agreed halfheartedly and she threw a blanket and pillow at him from the closet in the hallway. "Thank you!" He yelled after her as she disappeared into what he assumed to be her room. Within a few moments, the wolf was asleep, passed out nd drooling on the pillow he had been provided and nearly falling off of the sofa.

Dean awoke with a start, a feeling of unease washing over his form as he glanced at the clock, reading 5:13. As he glanced around the room, the wolf noticed the morning light peaking through a closed window shade and the birds were beginning to chrip outside the window. However, the hunter couldn't get over the feeling of dread that was building in his stomach. Dean rose from the couch when the feeling finally clicked. The wards that had been placed around his apartment had gone off. The wolf ran towards Roje's room and entered without bothering to knock. "We've gotta go. Now."

Britt-21 Britt-21

"I'm surprised you still believe that I burn when I touch crosses." Roje said with an amused grin and a light chuckle "I'm a different vampire, Dean. I'm not like those old ones who burn in the sun, burst in flames when they're splashed with holy water or die with garlic. The only thing that I share in common with them is the stake to the heart that'll kill me. Or a werewolf bite." getting up from the couch, she stretched her limbs and cracked her back "It was hard to be honest with my brother. But after he almost got caught by a demon one night, I had to spill most of the beans. Not the institute though. Not telling him about that. But All I told him was about my race and your race. That was about it. Luckily he didnt say "Oh I dont believe you". After all, he did see a demon so...Hard to cover that one up."

Looking at the clock as soon as he pointed it out, she blinked in surprise. Already 3am and she didnt even know it. Geez. "Sleep on my couch all you want." the vampire said as she dashed off and got a blanket and pillow before throwing them at him "Riiiggghht, even if you did try, I'd hear you before you know it, Dean. Night mutt." with that said, Roje walked to her room, shutting the door behind her and walking up to her bed before plopping on it. After about an hour the vampire decided to take a shower. By the time it was 5:10, she was out and getting dressed. However, she paused as soon as she heard quick movement that soon ended with her door flying open and exposing Dean "Geez, didnt know you could be so desprate to see me." she had her pants on, as well as her socks but her entire upper half was naked. His voice was definitely worried though. Dean wasnt joking either it seemed. So she quickly grabbed her bra, put that on and then grabbed her shirt and slapped that on too "Let's go then." she moved toward him but then walked by him, going over to the front door to get her shoes

Dean Vax'ildan

Dean's eyes went wide as he entered the vampire's room, realizingthe mistake he had just made and quickly averting his eyes. Although, the slight addition of crimson to his cheeks and the smirk on his face did not go unnoticed. Dean wasn't exactly a gentleman after all. Before he could apologize, Roje was already past him and out to the front door, seemingly getting ready to go. Worried, but the sudden shock to his system had calmed him slightly, he followed her to the door and waited uncomfortably for her as she put on her shoes. Unsure of whether to comment or apologize, Dean simply said nothing as he rocked back and forth on the balls of his feet anxiously wanting to get back to his apartment and figure out exactly what was going on.

When Roje completed putting on her shoes, Dean was getting more and more anxious, his palms were sweating and the hairs on the back of his neck were standing straight up. He could feel the wolf that he kept inside bubbling towards the surface, churning in his stomach along with the dread he was experiencing. The hunter was almost tempted to go straight wolf form and rush to his apartment, but doing that without backup would be the stupidest decision he could ever make, although he almost didn't care. Whatever was strong enough to enter and break the wards outside his apartment, well it wasn't good news and it didn't bode well for the two of them. "Roje we need to be careful, whatever this is, whatever thing just demolished the wards at my house, it's powerful, it might be too much for the two of us. Just...." He held his breath for a moment before exhaling "Be careful."

Britt-21 Britt-21

Users who are viewing this thread

Back