• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Multiple Settings Supernatural Soulmates | Main

Characters
Here

- Lexi -​

Somehow, realizing that she wasn't alone was more of a comfort than she'd thought. She was used to being alone, doing things without the help of others, but it seemed that Leo had stuck around to make sure she was alright. That, or he'd left and come back, though she couldn't bring herself to ask. He didn't seem like he wanted to leave, either, which was... well, it was nice. And the nice little buzzing sensation that had hummed under her skin where he touched her? Totally unexplainable, and quite possibly in her head, but that had been a nice feeling, too. Not that she'd admit that out loud.

He moved to the edge of the room to get her water from a dispenser she hadn't even noticed. She chuckled softly when he reiterated that it might be better to stay away from the beachy kind of water for the time being. She had to agree, and she honestly didn't know whether she'd want to go back to the beach anytime soon. With a heavy sigh, she took the water from him, bringing the straw to her lips. Leo pulled up a chair next to her bed, and she lowered the cup after drinking some of the water, looking down at the clear liquid. The truth was, she'd scared the shit out of herself, too, from what she could remember. Things were still a bit fuzzy.

"What? No." She shook her head when she heard him say he could call the nurse. Turning towards him, she shifted until she was sitting cross-legged in front of him. With one hand, she swirled the straw around the water, looking around the room. "How long are they gonna make me stay in here, anyway?" When he said she could kick him out, her eyes fell back on him. "The company is nice." She admitted, lifting the water to sip at it again. "Unless you have something better to do, of course." Setting the cup down on a nearby table, she placed her hands on the bed and scooted to the edge and off before he could stop her. She swayed on her feet some, reaching out to place her hand on the bed for support. "Didn't think I'd be that shaky. Where is everyone?"

---
Tags: Leo [ MadiRaiCat MadiRaiCat ]

tumblr_oxs5473eIG1wbo5l9o1_400.jpg

200.gif

coded by: @s e v e n

- Andrei -​

Once he'd stepped out onto the roof, Andrei turned to look at Mackenzie to see if she'd follow. He'd been listening, and she hesitated to follow him when he'd first set off. Not that he could blame her, the events of the day had been alot. Shit had gone downhill quick, ending their trip to the beach too quickly. But she'd wanted to see a sunset, and damnit if he wouldn't give her one. If anything, he could use it to distract her from her questions, and hope that she'd quit asking about things that he couldn't answer. Even if he could answer her, she wouldn't believe him. He couldn't go down that road.

When she reached out for his hand, he grasped hers in his to help her onto the roof. Finding a good section, he settled and sent a smile towards her as she sat next to him. "It is beautiful." He looked back towards the setting sun. "Not as much as I used to, but I'll always like it up here. Sometimes it's fun to hide here, and see what you can catch people doing." He glanced down at the dark, abandoned ground below. He'd even jumped from this roof a few times, but he had to remember that the girl up here with him now was human, and not Kat or Leo. He couldn't talk as openly as he did with them, because, well, they didn't know.

At her next statement, though, he realized he may have made a mistake bringing her up here. The sunset hadn't distracted her at all. He stiffened, pursing his lips, avoiding looking her way. He knew he had to come up with something, but what? What could he say that would make her stop being so curious? The silence was stretching on, and all he could come up with was bupkus. "I guess you could say that." What the fuck was that, dumbass? He could have staked himself right then and there. "Not everyone gets a happy ending, right? Someone's gotta do the dirty work." Not an answer, not even close, but it was better than nothing.

---
Tags: Mackenzie [ jasmyn jasmyn ]

tumblr_os3ghdhEAR1vambubo9_250.png

200.gif

Mackenzie Carter
H U M A N
Mackenzie could see it in his features even as he tried to avoid her constant questions. There was something he was hiding. It sorta looked like he wanted to get it off his chest but at the same time he felt guarded about whatever it was. Her curiousity had gotten the best of him and she could tell it had kinda left him stumped. His answer, if you could even call it that, only caused her to shake her head. "I don't think a happy ending is the goal anyway. If it's happy then wouldn't you want it to last forever," she shrugged. "I mean, haven't you ever been happy? Or in love?" she asked, her eyes remaining fixated on the view in front of her.

"If we cease to believe that happiness is possible then why even live at all? Don't you want more than...this?" she added, her eyes finally flickering back to him as she motioned around them. For a moment she'd forgotten all about her plans to figure out what big secret he had. She found herself more interested in how he thought and why he'd take a job that was no doubt miserable. She had no clue that the two were intertwined. That he was a vampire without a soulmate who had taken this job because, like her, he was a prisoner. Just in a very different way. She sat for a moment, pondering her own words before relaxing in her spot on the roof.

It seemed that everyone lost hope when their tattoos didn't show up. Of course, they had been told their whole lives that it defined them. Without it they were society's rejects, right? That's what they were meant to believe but Kenzie couldn't see things that way. "You know, when I was younger I dreamed of getting my tattoo. Of being just like everyone else who was happy with their soulmate. Having my place in the world. But is that really what life is about? Letting a tattoo choose who I am or who I am supposed to love?" she said the words like a question but she was mostly just thinking out loud.

roof.
feeling curious & nervous.
coded by natasha.

Tyler Kingston
H U M A N
In all honesty, Tyler was surprised that Kat had stopped to talk to him. She’d been actively avoiding him for a while and so he’d just kinda fell back. Now here she was starting conversation with him as if things hadn’t been…weird. Before he could think about it any further she asked about what sport he played. He couldn't help but grin at her attempts at guessing what he played. He kinda wanted to let her keep guessing as it sorta amused him but instead he just shook his head. "I was more of a baseball guy actually. It was part of my image that my parents kinda pushed on me. Not that I didn't love playing," he explained.

"I'm much more open-minded than I look," he told her with a shrug regarding her words of why she'd been avoiding him. Tyler could tell that she was uncomfortable and he didn't want to push so he moved onto the next topic as she did. "Oh, uh...I was pretty much doomed from the start. My parents kinda faked my tattoo. I guess I'll never know if I was gonna actually get one or not," he said the words as if it meant nothing but in reality, he hated that his own parents had screwed him like they did. They didn't even care now as he sat on this island shunned by their precious society.

To be fair though, he had no idea what happened to them since they were the ones who lied to the government and everyone to start with. His parents had been obsessed with him being the perfect all American boy. Growing up, he felt like he was in a spotlight with immense pressure on him. His whole life was planned out or at least, he thought so. They just wanted the attention that came with having one of the only children born with their tattoo. "What about you?" he looked over at her as he turned the question back on her.
courtyard.
feeling curious.
coded by natasha.

Last edited:

KATARINA IVANOV

location: seating area | mentions: None | interactions: Tyler ( jasmyn jasmyn ) | outfit: x

Katarina had always been fascinated by human behavior, why people did the things they did and why they made the choices they made. Even when she was human, she loved people-watching, seeing the expressions on peoples' faces or the ways their bodies moved when they thought no one was looking. As a vampire, she was even more intrigued. For the first several years, it was how she hunted. Watching people, tracking their movements, ambushing them when they least expected it. It made her a top predator, something that went bump in the night that struck a paralyzing fear in her prey. Now, she used those skills to keep herself in check, to recognize when she was acting more vampire than human, to analyze whether or not those around her were threats. And so far, it had worked.

But now, things had changed. Here she was, sitting outside that prison with a human who had no idea what she was, a guy that she felt drawn to and pushed away from at the same time. A grin played on his lips from her words, and she tilted her head curiously, letting her hair fall over her shoulder. "Parents, huh..." she responded, pausing to bite the inside of her cheek. She had never really known her parents, her father dying before she was born and her mother succumbing to the Spanish Flu. Even if she had, she wasn't sure she would remember much of them now. No, instead, she remembered the starvation, the labor, the beatings. She remembered cold nights under bridges and trash can dinners. All things that she longed to forget.

Realizing she had zoned out for a moment, Kat flinched slightly and to her attention to Tyler once again, icy blue eyes meeting his. "Your parents faked your tattoo?" she asked, her brow furrowing in a bit of confusion. "Why would they do that?" Throughout the years of working at the group home, she had heard and seen various reasons for the tattoos being messed up. But a parent being so selfish as to fake it, now that was a new one for her. His next question wasn't entirely unexpected, she had asked him after all. But that didn't mean she was happy to answer it. Nevertheless, Katarina tucked a stray strand of hair behind one ear and shrugged.

"I had one a while ago. But it disappeared," she responded, subconsciously rubbing the place on her forearm the tattoo had been. She had since covered that skin with a different tattoo, a pretty black-and-white sketch of a bouquet in a light bulb vase. It was something she had drawn herself, her own creativity that she could be proud of. Feeling the tension growing a bit, Kat shrugged and looked out at the forest. "It's not really a big deal anyway. I'm pretty sure I'm destined to be alone anyway," she said, a bit of sarcasm in her tone though she believed her words. Turning her gaze back to him, Kat offered him a small smile and added, "And even if I'm not, I'm stuck here for the foreseeable future, as are you. So we might as well find our own ways to be happy, right?"
coded by natasha.

LEONARDO BEAUMONT

location: infirmary | mentions: none| interactions: Alexis ( apolla apolla ) | outfit: x

He sat in silence for a moment, watching Alexis as she took the water from him and took a sip. She seemed to let out a lot of weight in a heavy sigh, like something was on her mind that she didn't want to talk about or something. Leonardo had been around long enough to notice those sorts of cues, to read facial expressions and body language to try and understand what a person was feeling. But women were a bit more of a mystery to him than men. It may be a generalized stereotype, but women had a way of both wearing their hearts on their sleeves and locking their emotions away behind an iron fortress at the same time. It was fascinating, but rather puzzling and frustrating as well. So as Leo watched Lexi look down into the cup, he couldn't help but wonder what she was thinking.

"You sure?" the brunette man responded, gesturing over his shoulder at the door, "I'm sure she won't mind coming back if you need something." Much to his surprise, Lexi shifted on the bed until she was sitting up, facing him. They were closer, and the new orientation seemed to somehow make their interaction more... intimate in a way. He wasn't sure if she felt the same way, but it caught him off guard. He could hear her pulse, the beat of her heart as it steadily pumped blood through her veins in an attempt to make up for what she had lost earlier. He could hear the breaths as they entered and exited her longs. It was a strange sensation, the sounds capturing his attention when in almost all other cases, he simply tuned them out. Her voice pulled him from his thoughts and Leo leaned back in the chair a bit. "I would say until you've made up some of what you've lost at least."

At her next statement, Leo couldn't help but let out a low chuckle. "Well, I'm glad you enjoy my company, I enjoy yours as well. The only other place I have to be is patrolling the campus. So, trust me, I would much rather be here with you," he answered, ending the sentiment with a sly wink. Before Leonardo could even stop her, she moved to the edge of the bed and attempted to stand. The vampire immediately stood, his movements a bit too quick for a normal human. But he didn't care in that moment. Instead, his hands hovered just over her hips, an attempt to steady her were she to stumble again. "Are you sure you should be standing? Maybe you should wait a bit longer. The others are just out and about, somewhere on the grounds. I'm sure they'll be happy to know you're okay. But not at the expense of falling, I'm sure. Are you sure you're good to walk around?"
coded by natasha.

- Lexi -​

Lexi hadn't realized just how shaky she would be on her feet, but thankfully, she managed to catch herself on the bed after hopping to her feet. And even if she hadn't been able to catch herself, Leo was suddenly up and out of his chair, his hands hovering over her hips to ensure she remained on her feet. "Whoa." She turned her head to tilt it back, her eyes looking up into his. Turning to face him on the bed had been one thing, but now, with him standing so close, that was something else entirely. She could hear the blood rushing through her ears as her lips parted automatically, realizing too late that he was speaking.

Hearing his final question, though, she couldn't help but settle into a smile. "I'm positive. And besides, if I start to fall, you'll just catch me, right?" She hadn't missed his wink earlier when he'd said that he would rather be here with her. And even if he'd just meant it as a fun, flirty remark, Lexi was open to that. It was the more intimate relations that caused her trouble, like the whole soulmate tattoo thing. Hence why she'd tried to scrape the damn thing from her skin after her brother's warning. Lex could be fun, she could be flirty, but commitment? The whole one person, one love thing? Just didn't sit right with her.

And not because she didn't want love or to be loved, but because in her experience, it just never worked out that way. "Come on. We don't have to go far, but this small room is giving me the heebie jeebies." She placed a hand on his arm, smiling up at him as she started to move past him, towards the door. Drawing in a shaky breath, she let go of the bed with her other hand, and started towards the door. She could feel her muscles shaking, but the dark haired girl was determined. She hated sitting in one place, or being told she couldn't or shouldn't do something. "Everyone else is okay, right?"

---

200.gif

- Andrei -​

Andrei wasn't exactly regretting his choice to bring Mackenzie out here to this spot, but she was a curious girl and he wasn't sure how long he could avoid her questions. He was practiced in it, actually, but something about the petite blonde was chipping away at his walls, and he hadn't even realized it until just now. Sitting here on the roof with her, she was asking him innocent questions that really weren't so innocent after all. "I mean, haven't you ever been happy? Or in love?" These were things that were hard for him to answer without revealing who or what he was, and that was strictly forbidden.

Chuckling softly, he glanced over at her, a small smile tugging on his lips. "Of course I've been happy. I'm happy now." He shrugged, leaning closer and bumping her shoulder with his. "Today made me happy. It was fun, right?" He looked back out across the expanse of land. "Not Lexi getting hurt, of course, but the rest of it. And this part of it." She kept going, kept talking, and Andrei couldn't help but smile at her words. She was definitely a deep thinker, and he admired that greatly. He enjoyed conversations like this, about how people thought the world should work and did work. As a vampire, he didn't agree with the tattoo thing. He would never have one, after all.

"I have wondered about this whole tattoo thing." He tried to make sure he chose his words wisely, while still participating in the conversation. "I'm not sure exactly where or why it came from, you know? This whole tattoo thing. And I've wondered what the big deal is, about why the people here are here." He gestured to the grounds below, that were pretty much empty at this time. Still, he meant the patients here, and he knew she would know that. "I never thought that a tattoo was a great way of telling soulmates or whatever, but what do I know?" He paused for a moment, then looked back over at her. "What about you, Mackenzie? Have you ever been in love?"

---

200.gif

Mackenzie Carter
H U M A N
Mackenzie was a lot of things. Naive, curious, sensitive, maybe even a little too prying for some people's tastes. She wasn't stupid though and she could see right through Andrei's answers to her questions. Of course I've been happy. I'm happy now. As kind and light-hearted as his answer was, she knew there was way more to him and all she wanted to do was blurt out that it wasn't what she'd meant but he knew that. She was sure of it. His next words about the tattoos and why people were sent here went in one ear and out the other but it was him turning the question back on her that made her tense up. It was fair considering she'd asked him but she wasn't expecting it. "I, uh, no. I mean, I guess that I thought I was when I was younger but it didn't last. We weren't soulmates according to the tattoo thing and he decided that he needed that. I was only seventeen though. It wasn't real love. Just that high school, sorta 'I like you slightly more than anyone else' kind of thing, I guess," she shrugged the whole thing off just as quickly as she told the story.

If he thought that he was going to get rid of her curiousity that easily then he didn't know her. She'd been watching him and his "co-workers" closely. Hearing the bumps in the night and the whispers. Observing the fact that one or more of them seemed to squirm at the sight of blood. That they appeared out of no where and they seemed slightly...off. She'd put the pieces together of what she thought their shared secret was but it seemed too crazy and so she'd tried to figure out another, more plausible explanation. Still, there was only one way to know and it was either to just ask or provoke. While Kenzie was curious, she was hardly bold enough to do either of those things but she had to know. "You and your...friends. You just seem different than the rest of us. I can feel it. Why?" she blurted out, not thinking twice as she did. Maybe not the best option considering that if her insane theory was right she was putting herself in danger and she was alone, at night with him on a roof.
roof.
feeling curious & nervous.
coded by natasha.

Tyler Kingston
H U M A N
Tyler could see the confusion and surprise in her eyes when he explained that his parents had faked his tattoo. It wasn't something you heard everyday and even he wasn't entirely sure what had come over them. Aside from the fame and whatever else they gained from it he was just as lost as everyone else. In fact, he was convinced that them doing so had been why he'd never actually gotten a real tattoo. "Guess they were more concered with getting attention rather than my actual life. Pretty sure the only reason they cared when it all came out was because they got thrown into jail. At least, that's what I heard happened when right before I got shipped over here. I really have no clue what happened to them," he shrugged. Tyler had always been close to his parents and so the shock of it all had been a huge blow. Plus, the whole soulmates thing was something he'd firmly believed in. He thought one day that he would meet the girl of his dreams and that would be that. Instead, here he was talking to a girl who had been actively avoiding him.

"Disappeared? I didn't know that could even happen. I don't get the whole tattoo thing anyway. I mean, where do they come from and why? None of it really makes sense but I guess we just believed in it because it's what we were taught. Plus, who doesn't like to have something to believe in?" he said as he let his eyes travel back over to her for a second. When she mentioned being stuck where they were he nodded because he was basically in the same boat. "I guess you're right. We have to just make the most of the situation we are in. Even if it is like a nicer version of Alcatraz," he let out a short chuckle at his own words. I'm pretty sure I'm destined to be alone anyway. "I doubt it. Maybe the tattoos are a bust but nobody is destined to just be alone. Everyone has someone out there, it just has to come naturally. Maybe. Not a forced pairing made by some magical ink on your skin or whatever," he said as if he even knew what he was really talking about.

courtyard.
feeling curious.
coded by natasha.

KATARINA IVANOV

location: seating area | mentions: Leo, Andrei | interactions: Tyler ( jasmyn jasmyn ) | outfit: x

Every now and again, when she was feeling particularly lonely, Katarina would wonder what became of her soulmate. She had a tattoo which meant that a soulmate for her had existed at one point. Did they find someone else? Grow old and have children? Or did they die alone, never to be loved due to her stupid mistakes? To be entirely honest, she wasn't completely sold on the idea of the tattoos to begin with. The tattoos were supposed to be a clear indication of a perfect match. But where did they come from? Was it really because they were soulmates, or was it all orchestrated by the government to better control them? If so, how did vampires fit into the equation? Were they really just destined to be alone? Katarina couldn't help but believe so. After all, who could ever love a bloodthirsty creature?

"Well," the brunette vampire said with a sigh, running a hand through her hair, "I'm sorry to hear all that. I hope things aren't too terrible here." That particular Alcatraz, as Tyler so eloquently called it, was quite possibly the best group home she had stayed in. The humans were mostly nice and didn't really ask as many prying questions, the ones in charge left them mostly to their own devices. It was sequestered away from the rest of the world, and so Katarina felt safe there. It had been several years since she even had to worry about the vampire coven that had turned her. Kat pushed herself to her feet from the chair she had been sitting in opposite Tyler and turned around. Leaning against the railing, she pulled another cigarette from her pocket and lit it, inhaling the toxic smoke once again. It was a bad habit, she knew. But it was a better stress relief than the alternative, which was ripping the hearts of humans from their chests.

At Tyler's next words, the brunette couldn't help but laugh, albeit a bit cynically. She had come to terms with the idea that she would be alone, at least romantically. She, Andrei, and Leo had made some sort of a pact to never leave one another behind. But they were like brothers to her, and she would never be able to think of them as more than that. "That's a beautiful thought," she responded, turning to face Tyler once again. She couldn't help but appraise him for a moment. He was handsome in a unique way, with such striking eyes. Katarina could hear his heart beat from where she stood, and the sweet scent of his blood that drew her in hung in the air. As much as she wanted to be closer to him, she didn't trust herself. And so she forced herself to stay in place. "What about you? Magical ink aside, have you found your someone yet?"

coded by natasha.

Last edited:

LEONARDO BEAUMONT

location: infirmary -> hallway | mentions: Kat, Andrei | interactions: Alexis ( apolla apolla ) | outfit: x

It took a moment for Leonardo to realize how close he had gotten to the brunette girl. The worry he had felt for her pushed that to the back burner. But as she tilted her head to look up at him, her gorgeous hazel eyes staring into his, her lips parted, he suddenly felt it. The vampire could hear her heart begin to speed up, her blood begin to rush. It was a strange feeling, the contradictory tempations to kiss her and sink his fangs into the side of her neck. Leo clenched his jaw, restraining himself from either impulse. The last thing Alexis needed in that moment was losing any more blood. And as much as he wanted to kiss her, he wasn't sure either of them were really ready for that. So, Leo let his hands fall to his side, taking a small step back to give her more space, and returned her smile. "Of course, I won't let you fall."

Leonardo was a free spirit and had always prided himself as being such. He did what he wanted, said what he wanted, without regard for the consequences. So, it was rare that he had to restrain himself. Being around Lexi instilled a strange feeling in him, something that he hadn't felt in quite some time. The last person that had made him feel that way was Nicolette, the blue-eyed beauty that he had wanted so desperately to marry. Well, at least before she turned him. From then on, it was fairly hard for him to trust anyone outside of Katarina and Andrei. The woman he thought was the love of his life turned out to be the one to ruin his life. And then she left, never to meet again.

Leo was pulled from his thoughts by the feeling of Lexi placing her hand on his arm, immediately sending sparks through him the moment they touched. It was confusing for him, something entirely new that he had never felt before. Did she have some sort of magical powers? Or was it all in his head? The vampire was momentarily frozen as she moved past him towards the door, determination clear in her eyes. Running a hand through his hair to clear his head, Leo jogged lightly to catch up with her, pulling the door open for them both to exit. "Yes, everyone else is okay. A little shaken up maybe, but not injured or anything," Leo answered, sliding his hands into the pockets of shorts. It was then that he noticed the speckling of blood on his clothing. "Care to stop by my room for a moment? I think a change of clothes is in order."

coded by natasha.

- Lexi -​

Lexi had spent a good portion of her life wondering about the whole tattoo thing. Who gave them the tattoos? Why? Had things always been that way? There were so many questions, but it was frowned upon to ask them. You got in trouble for going against the grain, which she'd found out as a young girl, but that had only fueled her rebellion further. Especially after that phone call from her brother. She'd done quite a bit of damage to her tattoo before she was discovered, and even now, she knew that her arm would never be the same. At least it was functional, but the scar left behind would always be an attention grabber.

Hearing that he wouldn't let her fall, Lex smirked as she pushed past him, back into the hallway. She was shaking slightly but it was nothing she couldn't handle; she'd be perfectly fine. Never one to want to just sit around, especially not in some nurses office, she glanced behind her at Leo. "See? I'm perfectly capable." As he followed her, he answered her question, telling her that everyone else was fine. That made her breathe a little easier, because she'd come to care some about the others, as much as she'd never thought that was possible. She was glad to know that everyone was okay, and that she was the only one hurt.

They started off down the hallway, and for a moment, things were quiet between them. But then he asked if she'd mind stopping by his room, and she sent a coy smile in his direction. "Why, Leo, don't you know it's against the rules for the inmates and the guards to fraternize?" She knew that he just wanted to change his clothes, but she wouldn't be Lexi if she didn't take it to the next level. She laughed to show him she was joking, then gestured to the hallway ahead of them as her lips curled into a smirk. "Lead the way, CO."

---

200.gif

- Andrei -​

Andrei didn't want to spend the time talking about himself, because he could tell that Mackenzie was an inquisitive girl, and if he wasn't careful then she would be well on her way to figuring out his secret. And if it was just his secret, he might not care so much. But the thing was, just about every worker here was a vampire, if not all of them. And if she figured out he was a vampire, then she could easily put the pieces together and realize they were surrounded by vampires, and then their cover would be blown. Would she tell? Run? Scream? Cry? The possibilities were endless, and he didn't want to know.

But it seemed she didn't want to let the questions go that easily. She told him about some high school relationship she'd been in, and he couldn't help but smirk, glancing in her direction as she finished her story. "That I can understand. He probably wasn't even worth your time, though." Nudging her with his shoulder, he laughed as he turned his attention back to the sky and the grounds in front of them. When she spoke next, he nearly choked at the words themselves, but managed to catch himself and not make a sound. He didn't look at her for a moment, trying to formulate an answer that would satisfy her.

"You mean other than the fact that we work here?" He shrugged, finally turning his gaze back to her. "Or the fact that we don't have tattoos?" His voice had dropped some, and he knew he was treading dangerous waters now, but he had to give her something. She was like a dog with a bone, though he couldn't really say he blamed her. "I can tell you, Mackenzie, that we're not that different. I just happen to be an employee, I guess. But that doesn't mean that I'm not trapped, in some way, shape, or form either. You know?" He knew his words were vague, but he hoped that they were satisfactory for now.

---

200.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back