Super Sentai!

Lady Insanity

I live for the chaos, yet I'd die for peace.
So I've had this idea in my head for a while now. I use to love the Power Rangers growing up. Pink was always my favorite, and Red was almost always my imaginary husband. MMPR was a huge part of my childhood, it was just so entertaining. I cheer on the cast members to this very day, and I shed a million tears when Thuy Trang (MMPR Yellow - Trini) passed away in 2001.

But enough of that, onto the RP!! I'm curious to see how this might turn out. Super Sentai is what the Rangers originate from in Japan, with much better/actually mature storylines and superb acting. The RP? Well, I'm imagining a modern/"realistic" spin on the Rangers. Not the typical "let's save the day/cheesy jokes and actions" Rangers we all know and love, but rangers who deal with real life struggles, drama, relationships, school, and all around general stuff. As for plot, it's a work in progress, but I have confidence in this...a mature and grittier version of Power Rangers? I think so! And don't deny it, we've all wanted to be a superhero at one point. I myself kind of want to be the first official Female Red Ranger xD Or Pink, if that emasculates you men out there xp I'm still kind of new here, so humor me, please :)

Plenty of story, development, and ass-kicking to come! So I'm looking for about 4 or 5 people xD (though if I only have 2 people reply, don't fret, the story can exist with even the smallest number, but the bigger the better!)

Actually you'd be the fourth female discounting ToQger and Gokaiger's costume swap gimmick. As there was one in SPD and the other two in Shinkenger and the American adaptation.

Well I mean like the first actual female to be red for an entire season because it's her designated color. Shinkenger/Samurai was only temporary, and ToQGer and Gokaiger was able to do so by their basic attacks/powers.

Get what I'm saying? She'd be red because she was chosen to be so, not because of a color-swap gimmick xD

Or if it makes anyone feel weird, I could not change history and be Pink. xD

So I'm curious...if this takes off, what should the theme for the team be?

I feel like this would be fun. Would we be pulling from preexisting Sentai or would it be completely custom? All I have to say though is I totally want to be a sixth ranger lol.

It'd be custom. Doing a canon season isn't appealing to me lol.

Any ideas for a theme for it? Every sentai has a theme going on. In order over the past few years, there's been samurai, angels, pirates, spies, dinosaurs, trains, and now ninjas. Lol xD

Yea. Sentai gets pretty weird sometimes. Personally I have always really loved any animal themes, mostly cause wild force and dino thunder. But some of the vehicle stuff is cool too. Or we could just pull a gobusters and fuse the two lol.

We could xD

I just don't know how many people will join lol xD I'd love it if the main team consisted of 5, and then a 6th joins us, but it appears that only 3 people aside from me are interested lol. So it might be 3 rangers getting a 4th as the 6th...if that makes sense xDD

Lol. Yeah it makes sense. There have been teams if 3 in the past and they added more rangers in. Like Dino thunder or ninja storm. I have more knowledge about power rangers then sentai lol.

Sentai is better in my opinion xDD It just...pops lol What color would your ranger be?

I just hope this takes off, the people interested seem to have...poofed. Though I could just be overthinking it lol

Mine will either be the first official long-term season Female Red. Or if it emasculates anyone...Pink. xD

I'd be down for being under the lead of a female red xDD So long as the blue ranger is mine xD

Well howdy Pen xDD It's been a while...and by that I mean a couple of days xDD Blue is up for grabs, so I'd be honored if you took it xD

I think a female red would be cool. It could really open the door for some interesting story stuff.

As for my color I. Would totally want to be a less common color. Akin to a sixth ranger like purple or silver or orange. Cause let's face it the ranger that comes in later is always sweet.

Yeahhhh xD The 6th (or later add-on) ranger is typically a total badass. And they're always rather...different. Example, in this years sentai, Ninnenger (i think thats how to spell it) the 6th ranger is of cowboy-theme, has a hamburger as a morpher, and is gold...in a ninja-themed sentai with katanas as morphers xD

I feel like I must watch that lol. But yea, if possible I would love to be the add-on ranger

Totally xD

So far there's 3 of us confirmed. You, me, and Pen. Really we only need one more person lol. Or one of us could control two characters...maybe.

I kinda think having one person play two characters would be kinda cumbersome. I guess we could start comming up with a story though, or at least the theme lol

The gold cowboy should be interesting this season xDD

And I don't think it'd be cumbersome, honestly. I'm pretty decent with two characters...though it does get difficult lol. And for my input on theme, I'd love something along the lines of what you guys said earlier, like an animal or vehicle one...maybe even fantasy?

Well, I find that splitting focus between two characters is kinda hard. So if it comes down to it I can be like black or green or something. As for theme I really like animal stuff.

I think it's kind of fun doing two, but you're right, it is kind of hard. I could do blue and yellow if I must do two. But if I do just one, blue all the way xDD And maybe for theme, it could be like animals mixed with fantasy? Kind of like Goseiger: there was a dragon and phoenix, but also shark, tiger and snake. But I'm open to anything xD

Hmm puzzling. I'd hate to push two characters on you guys since it's hard. Though, if it came to it, I'd probably do so xD And I kind of like the whole fantasy/animal theme. Gives me a Wild Force mized with Mystic Force vibe...and I liked those seasons of Power Rangers. Magiranger and Gaoranger were good sentai, too xD

Yes a fantasy animal theme would be cool. But I really would prefer to just do on character. I feel it really allows you to explore that character more if you are focused on just writing them.

Sweet. Then it's decided? Fantasy/animal? And I have an idea...since Pen is good with two characters, maybe he could do two? I've seen his work, I think he could do it xDD Plus, if he doesn't, I might xD And JW, if you're an add-on ranger, how will you fit in the story before your arrival? Maybe you could be a character who's a friend of the rangers from the beginning and they get their powers later? Thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back