• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Super Secret Shadowy Organizations [GMed RP]

Lillian_4

intrepid explorer
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hello! Today I am looking for a partner to explore a world I have been worldbuilding for quite some time and perhaps even help inspire me to add onto the worldbuilding.

This world takes place in an alternate world set within the present day. Many of the historical events we have experienced in our world have also occurred within my world. But the biggest difference is that magic exists, though the supernatural is kept hidden from the vast majority of the population through a 'treaty' - or perhaps a ritual would be more apt - brokered centuries ago, called Solomon's Seal. Within this world, there is a secret international organization, which has over the centuries, seamlessly infiltrated other governments in order to effectively keep the peace between the supernaturals and those blissfully unaware of the existence of supernaturals.

The world also features a magic system with rules and different areas of practices, which I would like to flesh out even more while GMing for a partner. I have over a hundred NPC that feature within the world, and more concepts I would like to explore within the world. My partner would be able to enter an immersive world with a magic system, meet a diverse array of fleshed out characters, and go on a globe-trotting adventure to see how different branches of the Order function.

So far, I have a few potential starting points for my partners, but I am also open to creating something entirely from scratch:

-You are a traveller briefly stopping in a town in Oregon -- whether it is to get gas, rest-stop, food, or visiting. However once you try to leave, you find all roads lead them back into town and you wound up back at the diner once more, seemingly trapped in the town.

-While taking a walk in the woods near your home or perhaps even a hike in a state park, between one blink and the next, you find yourself standing in a strange forest, seemingly devoid of any people. Will you be able to find your way home?

-You were living a perfectly mundane life, until you moved into an apartment where you notice a series of unfortunate events keep cropping up. Out of curiosity, you investigate, managing to bump into a strange group of people who claim they were hired government officials to investigate.

-You are playing a working professional, someone who has been working within their career for a minimum of two to three years. But following that, you've been wanting to find a new job. Here enters a particular advert featuring a fairly cushy salary and benefits. The ad was posted to forums and newsletters limited to working professionals within your respective industry. There were also the sparse postings to well-regarded members-only forums within the industry. It had a long list of requirements: prior work experience at minimum of two years, well-educated, someone who is willing to work flexible hours for which they will be fairly compensated, a problem-solver, letters of recommendations, a background check, drug tests, and so on and so forth, as benefiting most job adverts. Following a series of interviews, several NDAs, and another few more rounds of personality tests and interviews, you were finally accepted.

TLDR:

Secret shadowy international organization helps police supernatural communities and keep the balance.

Genres: Urban/Modern Fantasy, Hidden Magic, Supernatural, Globe-Trotting, Dark Academia, Horror, Mystery, Action

Things I am looking for:

-Ages 20+ playing characters that are 25. For clarification, the characters will start off as humans and unaffiliated with magic. My goal is to introduce you to the magic system slowly.

- Someone interested in lore, logistics, details, mysteries, and NPC interactions. Someone who is interested in well-fleshed out and unconventional magic systems. I want a partner who is eager to explore the world and drive the plot forwards.

-Third person, proper grammar. Lazy lit - novella. Quality over quantity, so long as it furthers the scene. I don't mind trading the occasional shorter responses for quick dialogue or action scenes.

-An active roleplay partner. I'm looking to scratch that writing itch, so a minimum of one reply a day. My ideal would be multi-day/rapid-fire.

-I only do fade-to-black.

-Digital or anime art ONLY for faceclaims.

-A non-negotiable: LGBQT-friendly

-General Good Vibes

If interested, please send me a message telling me a bit about yourself (age, timezone, triggers, response frequency, etc), a starting point that caught your eyes, a potential character concept you'd like to play, and a writing sample. Please have everything ready when you reach out to me, or else I will think you haven't read my ad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back