• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Summer in California

kurona was honestly very surprised when she received an invitation to some social gathering. she didn't think anyone but the teachers knew she even existed - once, the girl she had sat in front of all year said she didnt have a pencil, and when kurona offered one, the girl looked surprised to see her, as if she thought no one sat behind her.

it's not like she was bullied or anything, no one made fun of her or didnt like her. she just... didnt talk to anyone. so when she received the invitation, she thought it was some kind of joke. she decided to go anyways, however, as it was a good exscuse to get out of the house. plus, it was at the beach!

she didn't know how to ride a bike, and she didnt have enough change for bus fare, so she just walked. she was pretty early, but didnt mind. she went to the change room/bathroom lockers and set her bag down, giving up a quarter for a place to keep her stuff. while she was at it she shed some layers, and ended up in a knee length skirt (+ shorts underneath) and a tshirt.

she walked across the edge of the water, looking for pokemon for a while before putting her phone away to look for shells.

"Heh mine didn't exactly mind me being anti social cause of grades. That was until this year they for some reason have been pressuring me to go" he said noticing time was actually going by pretty quick. Usually timed moved slow for himself, but now it seemed like time was speeding up.

He decided to blow off the thought, but his face made it obvious he was thinking about something. "I might actually go now that I think about it" he said with a warm smile. "After all it'll probably be the last time I see anyone."

@Mystical Dreamer

Alena briefly shook her head. "No, not really. The bonfire's probably going to be the most important thing I do during the summer this year. I'm sure I'll get to see some aunts and uncles that live in the far East and stay with them for a couple of days and then maybe take a vacation and stay at a hotel somewhere with my parents, but..." She paused, pondering again about what else she could do. "-yeah, that's probably going to be it!" She smiled. "How about you? Any big plans for the summer besides the bonfire?" she asked Sophie.

Sophie thought about it for a moment. "I tend to be very busy in the summer, but this year is pretty laid back." She said. "My parents decided to go on an "active" vacation which really isn't my cup of tea. So I decided to stay home and just hang out with some friends, be a little bit spontaneous, perhaps buy a ticket to a random train and see where it takes me." Sophie grinned at that last one but it would seem like a thing she would do. "If you want we could do something fun!" She said resting her head on her chin.

@Splo

Manny's phone vibrated as he sat on the log, and he whipped it out to spot a notification from the new Pokémon app that everyone had downloaded recently, Pokémon Advance, or something. He didn't really remember the name. He opened it up and saw that a Krabby had popped up right in front of him. Luckily this was a Pokémon he hadn't caught yet, and after a minute or two, it had been added to his party. He smiled as he looked down at his phone.

"Fifty one down....a hundred to go."

He sighed; being a Pokémon Master was no easy task. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a piece of beef jerky. It was always a favorite of his, and he usually kept some on his person for emergencies. He began chewing on the dried meat as he continued to watch the sunset. His eyes drifted over to the corner of his view, where he could spot a girl looking for something in the sand, but he returned to the sunset quickly. It was just too pretty to miss.

@Curious Kurona

kurona could feel eyes on her. they were gone as soon as they came, but she noticed the feeling immediately, as she wasnt used to people looking at her. she felt unnerved, as this part of the beach was empty when she got here and she didn't notice anyone come by. she tried to just shrug it off, and stiffly kept waking along the shore, debating if she should risk awkward eye contact by looking around to see who was there, or ignore the other person's presence.

she was so deep in thought that she didn't notice the piece of driftwood that washed up in front of her, and tripped. she fell into the water with a yelp, just as the tide washed in and covered her with sea foam, unattractively flailing her arms. well, shit.

@Knight Nate

Manny had only gone back to enjoying himself for about ten seconds when he heard a large splash. He turned his attention to the shore, and sure enough, someone had managed to fall face first into the water, and the tide was washing all over them. He stood up quickly and jogged over to the person in the water, whose arms were flailing, and he quickly scooped them up and brought them out of the water, walking back up to dry sand and setting them down before kneeling in front of them. It was a girl he didn't recognize, but he felt like he'd seen her before somewhere...

He began looking at her arms and legs for any injuries as he spoke to her.

"You alright? Everything still works okay?"

@Curious Kurona

kurona was so embarrassed she swore she was about to burst into flames. so much for playing it cool and not drawing attention to yourself... she was cold, her hair was wet, and she felt like an idiot.

she refused to make eye contact, but managed to fumble around a "thanks" before coughing a bit, catching her breath.

she rolled her ankles and wiggled her toes - everything seemed to be fine, nothing hurt except her pride. she wanted to ask if he was there for the bonfire too, but she was almost certain he was (she assumed that if she got an invitation, everyone must have been invited, and she's seen his face in the halls). so what came out instead was what she really wondered, "why are you here so early?"

Manny smiled and nodded as she thanked him. He always enjoyed being thanked, made him feel like he was doing a good job. Her next question surprised him however. He wasn't expecting her to say that at all. In fact, it made him rather suspicious. Was she...watching him? The thought made him shiver a little before he answered.

"Uh.....well, I don't have anything else to do. Why not look at the sunset, right?"

He blushed a tiny bit as he heard himself say it. Now that he thinks about it, it sounds a little.....weird....

@Curious Kurona

Elizabeth finally mounted her bike and went home. It wasn't a long ride, about 5 to 10 minutes. She parked her bike infront of her flat, and went inside. After arriving in her ever so empty flat, she took of her jacket and scarf, simply throwing them on a chair, and lay on her bed, which was one of the single sitting possibilities she had at home. She looked at the envelope once again. She took out the letters and read it carefully, each and every single word. Until now she really wanted to go, but a weird feeling has started developping, a feeling of uneasiness. If she went to the bonfire, who would she talk to? Would she even know anyone there? Wasn't this invitation actually directed towards someone else instead?

She covered her hands and took a deep breath. She worried too much about everything, like always. She had made the decision to go, and she wouldn't take it back now. She lay down for another 5 minutes before deciding to make her way to the spot where they would all meet up. She just took her scarf with her, since it was still pretty warm outside, but she was sure it'd get colder during the evening.

She exited her flat, and started walking towards the meeting spot. She didn't want to take the bike since it was pretty close from where she lived, and since she wouldn't have a place to put her bike anyways. As she arrived at the beach, she already saw some people talking and laughing, not too many. She wandered a little bit around, hoping to find anyone to talk to.

Last edited by a moderator:
kurona realized that she really shouldn't be judging him, considering she was here, too. in fact, she got here before him...

she hummed in consideration, "ah, i guess thats as good a reason as any..." as good as her reason, anyways.

looking around, she realized they were still sort of alone. was this even the right place? how early were they?

"um, do you have your invitation on you? do you what time the... thing starts?" she wouldn't really mind missing it, if she was honest. she was fine right here. but she didn't want him to miss it because he was distracted with her.

@Knight Nate

Manny raised an eyebrow. The invitation? He threw that away when he wrote it down on his notebook. He dug through his pocket until he found the small yellow and flipped it open to the page he was on.

"Yeah, its.........huh. The only thing I have written here is....'bird internet'. Weird...."

He flipped a couple more pages then nodded.

"Okay, here it is. I believe it's sometime around sunset. No actual time though. Does that help at all?"

@Curious Kurona

she kind of wanted to ask about 'bird internet' but didnt want to pry. instead, kurona looked at the sky, trying to decide if it's shade was considered 'sunset' enough. "do you think we should go? i mean, its probably already started, and i dont think its here... this place is pretty empty. w-well there are lots of water type pokemon here, but other than that, im not sure if this is what a party is supposed to look like."

involuntarily, she felt a shiver run through her. she was wet and cold, and starting to rethink her position on going. she was plenty enthusiastic, now that a breeze started to pick up.

@Knight Nate

*Ryukaa finished his meal and went home* "Hmm, i dont know were to go now." (can someone please help me be part of the rp lml im lost)

"Are there? Huh. I've only seen Krabby around here...."

He made a mental note to check his phone once more once everything was fine. He didn't miss the girl shiver however. Why wouldn't she? She was drenched from head to toe. He helped her up and began making his way towards the changing rooms. Luckily, the beach provided towels for those who forgot, though they did cost money.

"I wouldn't worry about that right now. You'll catch a cold like this, so let's get you dried off first, yeah?"

@Curious Kurona

Alister reached home and was greeted by Eris. She happily jumped on him yipping and pouncing playful. "hey Girl." he said as he scratched her ears. Alister Feed Eris and went for the mail. He found a letter labled For Alister Evans. he opened it and started reading. Dear Mr. Evans we would like to invite you to the school bonfire. Many of the school members are attending and we wish you are able to come. you are allowed one Pet for this event. Thank you and we hope to see you there! He set down the letter and sat down on the couch. maybe i will go, but all the girls will just pester me. he thought to himself. "meh maybe i will go." he said out loud.

Alena grinned at the thought. Doing something fun with someone other than her parents. "Sounds wonderful! Are you thinking of something a bit farther away or just hanging out, like a local staycation or something like that?" she asked, trying to come up with some good ideas for hanging out. Alena knew there wouldn't be much on her schedule during the summer. She'd only go to a couple of places here and there during her summer vacation. @Anne Lind

while kurona was being led to the change rooms, she wondered what to do. she didn't think she had enough change for a towel, but that was fine wasnt it? she could just dry off if she stuck by the bonfire. what to wear, though... she was certain showing up sopping wet would attract attention, attention she hadn't planned for, but all she had stuffed in her 25cent locker was her hoodie and her shoes (+socks).

well, there were gym clothes in her backpack... but did she want to make her social debut in that? it seemed she didnt have a choice. either show up in her frumpy gym uniform, or hope someone else showed up soaked to the bone.

ever lost in thought, it was a surprise to come face to face with her locker. when did she get here??? she had to stop zoning out like this...

@Knight Nate

Alister sat down outside on the porch with his guitar and just played [media]

[/media]
(anyone who went home. we can act like in same block)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sophie smiled. "It could be anything really. Perhaps we could go on a huge holiday, you know with all our friends! We could have a camp fire and go fishing and live in tents!" Sophie said said this with so much enthusiasm she nearly damaged her guitar.

"Hey you wanna walk around a bit maybe go downtown?" Sophie had already stood up and placed her guitar on her back.

@Splo

Gabby looked up from where she was standing, she had talked to a few people but they were pretty boring, she sighed and saw Alexis. She smiled and mumbled "Antisocial Female Spotted" she held back a giggle and walked up to the bridge, at that momentshe understood why Alexis liked it. The view was gorgeous and the bridge seemed like a perfect place to view the scene. Gabby tapped Alexis's shoulder to gain her attention. Alexis jumped and turned around to see Gabby smiling. "Oh, hey Gabby" she said with a hint of relief "Hey Alex, shouldn't you be on the beach, socially interacting" Alexis sighed "That's your job" Gabby took a deep sigh and grabbed Alexis's hand, walking her down to the beach to talk to other kids. Alexis sat on a piece of driftwood and sighed, Gabby would make sure she would talk to others, even if it killed her.

tumblr_mjoxeoVda91r11qslo1_500.gif

The wind blew through Liam's jacket,sending it flying in a wild motion. Whenever he was in the motorcycle,he felt alive. Unstoppable. He was still paying attention to the road,though. He wouldn't be unstoppable for long if he crashed against a car. His attention turned back to the houses passing through him,and he soon was stopping in front of his own. It was a simple house,but completely tidy. Liam had an obsession with organization,and he wasn't embarrassed about it.He sat on the porch and pulled a cigarette,sending the smoke flying slowly. After the day he had,this moment of calmness was appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back