• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

<style> portion getting deleted?

farewell

thou mayest
Hello. It's been a while since I've been active on RPN - last I was here, the site had only just updated. I'm sure this has been addressed, so could someone bring me up to speed on why this is happening, please? I've got this pretty simple format for a post:

<style type="text/css">
@import url('https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Arsenal');

#text { font-family: 'Arsenal', sans-serif; margin-left:10px; margin-top:5px; color:#878787; font-size:13px;}
</style>
<p style="margin-left: 160px;">
<span style="font-size:28px; font-family: 'Pacifico', cursive; text-shadow: 2px 2px #FFC8C8;">Elodie Amelie Bellamy</span>
</p>

<div style="margin-left: 100px; border-style:solid none none solid; border-width:1px; border-color:#FFC8C8;
width:650px;">
<p id="text">
text here
</p>
</div>

And it works just fine in my testing thread. However, once I post it, as I did here, it deletes the <style> portion. I made as much styling as I could in-line to accommodate, but I can't really do that completely with the font since it's a Google font. What is the reason that the <style> portion is being automatically deleted when I post/save the post? Is there a way around this so I can use the "Arsenal" font? Also, as a slight aside, why does Pacifico automatically work without the <style> portion, despite being a Google font?

Thanks!

From everything I'm aware of, you need an extra empty paragraph, or else the site eats part of your coding, other I'm unsure. 

From everything I'm aware of, you need an extra empty paragraph, or else the site eats part of your coding, other I'm unsure. 

Thank you for your reply. Can you show me/explain to me what you mean by that? Do you mean just empty <p> tags at the end?

Also, this applies to signatures as well. Is there any difference there that I should be aware of?

Last edited by a moderator:
Try adding an empty paragraph before your CSS.  That may fix your issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back