• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Stuck In A Room OoC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Thanks rpn for notifying me jack diddly

I feel kinna bad cos I always feel like someone just pops in an english person just to stand out xD lol. Nah I've had Apryl for a long time. Prolly my first character ever. She's supposed to be more complex but for now I'll just keep her bitter

awriternamedian awriternamedian I like that though. The relationship between Nerissa and Apryl. Same for Harper and Apryl. I'm a sucker for tension.

for reference, sab has a mixed accent. It's a mixture of all sorts of things cause he never stayed in one place as a kid, so he picked up the dialects of those around him.

Accents are fun lol

Accents ARE fun, ngl. I also like doing snooty/snobby accents as well c=

DovahBeat DovahBeat Ive been reading Sab's accent as the typical npc in skyrim (not that that's a bad thing)

Accents are super fun. Nerissa has a pretty heavy one, but I don't quite know what to compare it to. She hasn't done enough talking to run into the esl problem too much either.

I stink at identifying and imagining American accents, but I suppose Vex has at least something of a New York Accent.

I def 'hear' an accent for Nerissa. For Vex, I'll have to read back a little bit. I typically sound out how I think the character should sound rather than the accent, then I type it phonetically. Like I imagine Apryl's accent prominent but it's not as in your face if that makes sense? Like she wouldn't throw around british jargon willy-nilly.

The thing is, I'm not even sure anything's apparent for Vex because not only was he on the back burner for a long time, but I have no idea how much influence his elite and cosmopolitan evil school in Ohio would influence his language, let alone the fact that he lives ten years in the future. He's more personality and opinion than mannerism.

There's nothing wrong with that! Everyone has their own way of bringing their character to life. I like it through speech patterns and mannerisms.

I have a character, for example with tusks that go from his top lip down into his bottom lip. Whenever he's upset, he'll pierce himself (unintentionally) with the tusk. I wouldn't be able to play the opinionated kind. I'd get intimidated.

I feel like.
Apryl's gonna hold some resentment toward Harper. Just because time periods. I do like how he's portrayed, though.

Thanks. I'm glad people seem to like him, especially since I'm making up 100% of everything related to him on the spot.
Edit: Also, yeah, there'll be a bit of resentment there.

I feel like Apryl would eventually pull the "American Revolution never happened" bit. (if anyone's seen Teen Titans original, it was a statement Mad Mod made in his intro)

Those are always the best kind lmao.
I should've done that. But I've missed my child.

awriternamedian awriternamedian So! There's no rush at all. I saw you're not feeling well. I just wanted to know what our max # of characters were? Only a few posts in and this rps giving me all sorts of inspo
(so thank you 😉😊)

awriternamedian awriternamedian So! There's no rush at all. I saw you're not feeling well. I just wanted to know what our max # of characters were? Only a few posts in and this rps giving me all sorts of inspo
(so thank you 😉😊)
Omg if I find out there more than one character allowed then I'm going to have a field day I mean attempt to restrain myself. I will go nuts from indecision for who my second character will be because when there's only one room it's not very practical for me to have more than two characters. I have two characters in mind though, and I'm not sure which one I'd use alongside Vex.

I def 'hear' an accent for Nerissa.

Ahh thanks! I try and type her as if she's learned very proper grammar and doesn't
really understand slang. She's still getting used to conjugations, which is funny
because like 75 percent of her language is conjugations XD. I can't wait to run
into the struggles of esl, aside from the fact that she can't read any of the
messages on the wall.

As far as new characters, as this roleplay is temporarily closed, I think we can
comfortably use more than one character, as we're not introducing any new
players. I'm thinking a limit of two per person, and we add them in between
challenges, so that there isn't more chaos.

On the topic of characters, let me know if anybody is comfortable with any
of theirs getting killed off. I'm not saying it will necessarily happen, but I
definitely won't do it without permission. <3

As far as new characters, as this roleplay is temporarily closed, I think we can
comfortably use more than one character, as we're not introducing any new
players. I'm thinking a limit of two per person, and we add them in between
challenges, so that there isn't more chaos.

On the topic of characters, let me know if anybody is comfortable with any
of theirs getting killed off. I'm not saying it will necessarily happen, but I
definitely won't do it without permission. <3

I forgot if I said Vex could get killed, but at any rate he can be.

I'd rather sab not get killed off, at least not permanently lol. I have too much muse for him
if this changes tho I'll let you know!

Apryl is my child.
but I will happily make an asshole where theyll not only be able to be killed off but it'll also be cathartic 😉😊

Two per character. Got it. Cos I do have an entire arsenal of characters in the midst. One of them being a deep sea creature with a sadistic streak

Ahh thanks! I try and type her as if she's learned very proper grammar and doesn't
really understand slang. She's still getting used to conjugations, which is funny
because like 75 percent of her language is conjugations XD. I can't wait to run
into the struggles of esl, aside from the fact that she can't read any of the
messages on the wall.
I wanna see this xD especially with someone who speaks with such poor grammar (not due to esl, just terrible slang)

Or or!
If GM approves
We can make a bad guy circle. Characters would have to work together to take them down *^*

Ngl, sabjorn isnt a good person. But he isn't evil. Just an ass lmao. Havent really had the chance to show that yet tho.
Also sab does use a lot of verbal short hand and slang. And curses a lot. This will be interesting.

Vex would totally be in such a circle if he weren't so paranoid about magic. But then again, if he thinks he doesn't have to worry about it or that the benefits to him outweigh the risks, he still might.

Vex would totally be in such a circle if he weren't so paranoid about magic. But then again, if he thinks he doesn't have to worry about it or that the benefits to him outweigh the risks, he still might.
Every villain has their weakness 😉.
Iunno I have a character that's based off of Gin from Bleach, another that's a deep sea creature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back