• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Strings and electric Hearts [ic]

Limerick.Grimoire

~*~ Lost In A world Ill never understand ~*~
Welcome to Janiko Highschool, you are a student between your 2nd and 4th year and you have decided to join and help reconnect a band that was recently begun by a student who unfortunately is no longer with us, the Guitar player. Aiedo Hanato. Will you succeed? Will you bring you bandmates to stardom?

Lead singer + Lead acoustic guitar: Limerick.Grimoire Limerick.Grimoire
Guitar: @Steve Freeling
Bass: blimp blimp
Drums: @Uncle Sam
Keyboard: Kawaiikittygamer2299 Kawaiikittygamer2299
Tech expert: Texangamer Texangamer

The rp can now start

It was after the school day had finally ended and band practice was sheduled for today and the band members had yet to arrive. All but Haru who was tucked away behind th wall of instruments, in serious mode with her headphones in blasting music to the point she heard nothing else as she idly tuned her guitar and played with some chords. Her playful melody flowing through the room and spilled into the hallway.

Yuki just smiled when the bell rang she couldn't wait to go and hang out with the other band members she just put her headphones on walking towards the music room maybe her sister was already was in she just was messing with her phone secretly she plays the piano but no one knows about it not even her big sister it was a secret she didn't want anyone to know not yet not until she gets better at playing it she just walked to the room seeing her sister with headphones and playing the guitar as she smiled she took off her headphones putting them in her bag Limerick.Grimoire Limerick.Grimoire

Last edited:
bronwyn had just gotten out of class after meeting with her teacher about class material, and had to rush to her locker. as she wandered the hallways, her bass guitar's bag nearly slipped off of her shoulder a few times. she hastily fiddled with the lock until it opened, shoved her books and extra papers in, then grabbed her bag. she realizes she had forgotten where the exact room was, but could hear music from a room a few hallways away. following the noise, she found two people already in the room. "hello, i'm here for he band as a bass player. this is the right room, i hope?" she questioned, looking to the other two in the room.

Haru noticed the door open so she took out her headphones and got up. "Hey yuki. How was school?" she asked but before they could continue the door opened again and a girl came in "yes, this is the place. I'm Haru, the lead vocals and guitar. This is my sister Yuki. Our Tech expert. Show me what you've got" she prompted, taking a seat to listen. "when your ready.'

wyn nods and gets out her guitar from the bag and her silver pick, readying herself for a short performance. she plays a riff she's practiced before from smooth criminal by michael jackson, and once she's done, she bows slightly and waits for a reaction patiently. although she was nervous, her confidence in herself overruled her doubts. "i'm bronwyn habine. self-proclaimed as a professional bassist, but i guess that's for you to decide now." she states, relaxing her arms as she holds her guitar and pick. she wondered what happened to the last bassist, but felt it wasn't her right to ask yet, especially since she wasn't an actual band member yet.

Haru listened, comparing the performance to her standard "Overall beautiful performance. In my opinion you have the spot. A word of advice: maybe soften your transitions. Otherwise great job. Be sure to come tomorrow for our first real practice. Feel free to hang around if you like." she explained, sprinkling in a little advice as well. "what did you think Yuki?" Haru asked curiously. Turning to her younger sister for her imput.

Yuki just looked at the girl as she smiled" that was one of my favorite songs to p I mean listen to" she say as she looked happy" I thought it was great" she said looking at her sister" I have no advice since I'm only the tech expert I don't know anything about instruments" she said looking at her sister" that's all you" she told her" I can make a page for us if you like for band practice stuff like that" she told her big sister she been working on trying to make a website for her sister for the band she had almost pulled her cover that she played the piano hopefully they won't notice Limerick.Grimoire Limerick.Grimoire blimp blimp

Haru nodded, a smile tugging at her lips "looks like that's a unanimous agreement. Youre in!" she announced, turning to listen to Yuki's suggestion, Giving the girl her attention. "Sure! That sounds good" she agreed cheerfully. As she prepared to return to her musical hidey hole her stomach released a growl. Announcing her hunger." well i'm grabbing snacks from down the hall. Would you two like anything?" Haru asked as she stood up, pausing at the door for them to answer before she left.

Yuki just looked at her sister" yessss" she say as she was excited about making a page for her sister for the band" hehe your hungry" she say as she looked at her" hmmm I don't know what I want just get me anything" she told her big sister as she smiled as she grabbed her laptop out to work on the website she was working on it was difficult usually but it was easy for her she had to make it perfectly easy to navigate around where she could announce concerts or band practice on the page and what room number they will be at it was fun for her to set this up

Kairen zipped out of detention quickly and to the meeting place with his Keyboard around his back. He ran as quickly as he could through the school to the classroom. He slid in almost crashing into a speaker or two, heaving for oxygen. "I am so sorry guys! A-Am I late?" He cried, Hunching over to catch his breath. "Some jerk pulled me into Detention with him today..." He explained once more.

Haru laughed "no your good. We just started" she assured him "I was just grabbing snacks from down the hall. Want anything?" Haru asked raising an eyebrow "while im doing that could you try to come up with a base melody I could put guitar, bass and lyrics to? I'm hitting a creative wall here..." she asked, huffing defeatedly for emphasis. "oh, this is brownwyn, our new bassist, brownwyn, this Is Kai our keyboard player" she introduced.

Last edited:
Kai smiled softly and approached Brownwyn and softly waved a hand. "It's nice to meet you! I'm looking forward to working with you!" He claimed happily. Kai pulled his keyboard off his back and set it atop a decently sized stand. He pulled off the cover to reveal a new large keyboard with a glossy purple flame texture decorating it. Kai giggled to himself as he glides a finger or two across the keys and various sound buttons on it. "I'm so glad Momma got this for me..." He whispers to himself.

Yuki just saw another person as she smiled" oh how cold oh the burn you forgot about me I know I don't play any instruments but how cold you forgot about me big sis" she said as she giggled a little" I'm Yuki" she told the boy" i'm the tech expert" she says to the boy as she just started to mess around with her highlights a little she just sighed looking at her big sister as her stomach growled than to the boys keyboard' whoa that looks amazing' she thought as she went back to making the website

Haru Giggled "Sorry. Anyway i'm dying here so imma go hit up the snack machine now" she claimed pulling open the door, propping it open before heading down the empty hall, pulling her leather wallet from her pocket as she approached the machine, putting a few dollars and buying herself gummybears and pretzels then Yuki some chips, and the others chips as well. After her excursion she returned and passed out snacks then picked up her guitar and begun playing with the notes, finding one note and building from that. Soon finding a decent melody to use as a base for the song.

Kai smiled as bright as can be and thanked her for the snack. Once he finished preparing his board for performance, he flipped the switch on and began to play for a few moments to warm up. Once he finished, he approached Haru once more. He noticed she was in her little thinking spot as he hunched over her shoulder and studied the pad of paper who she seemingly was writing on. He chuckled silently. "Having any trouble Missy? I'm happy to help if you need." He asks her quietly.

bronwyn bounced with joy from being accepted into the group, unable to contain herself. she had been looking for a place to be herself, and she felt that the band would be the right place for her. “it’s nice to meet you, kai, haru, yuki.. thank you for letting me be here!” she expressed her happiness in a spin as she continued to bounce. she shook her head to snacks, knowing she brought some for herself already, but took the suggestion to heart, always prepared to hone her abilities. not exactly having anything to do, she sat in a chair and began to play softly in order not to disturb the others. once in awhile, she would pause to snack from a bag of gummy bears in her bag.

Haru had resettled into her thinking spot so when Kai reapproached she didn't notice so when Kai spoke a startled squeak escaped her lips followed by the ginger's face becoming red with embarrassment "yes please..." she answered through her hands.

Kai chuckled and grabbed a random guitar from nearby. He sat down in front of her and strummed a chord. "Ok, What do you want to start with? Intro, Chorus, Lyrics, Notes, Chords?" He listed off. Kai was a composer of his own at home, he just never shared his music with anyone to accept Haru when she recruited him. God, it was nice to have talents in Guitar and Piano.

Haru scanned her notepad " I have the intro, bridge, and verse one I think I could use help with the chorus first." she explained "I was thinking we do something faster and more complex. If we want to make any progress at our next gig we need to wow them" she said as she fiddled with notes trying to find one that worked with the last verse.

Kai nodded softly. "Let me see what notes you have so far." He claimed. She fiddled over a pad of paper to him and he began to read the notes. He began humming the notes to himself and he set the pad atop the speaker in between them. He strummed the chords to himself but once he stopped, he took a moment to think. He then began to play some new notes. He took about a few seconds before he stopped. "What about that?" He asked, hoping she was listening this time.

Haru followed along his notes "that sounds great! Maybe adding a couple bass riffs to give it some depth too? Then some drumd and keyboard here, herer, and here?" she suggested, circling different areas on the sheet to mark where they could add other instruments. "maybe cut the instruments until it's my voice here, the bring them back here full swing?" she suggested to him.

Kai nodded. "I can add those Keyboard notes uring my free time so you don't have to worry too much about that." He claimed. His eyes lit up. "And after that, we could continue with the first series of notes and maybe add a little twist at the end." He claimed, pointing at the last blank measures of the page.

Haru grinned and wrote it down "thats perfect! I can write some lyrics soon. But i'm gonna need those keyboard notes ASAP So I can make copies of the sheet music to give the others" she informed him "thanks for the help" she thanked him, handing him the sheet so he could add in his keyboard notes and make any last minute adjustments.

He nodded with a grin and trampled over the cords to his station. He pulled on some headphones and quickly popped them into the Keyboard. He began to work on the intro slowly and steadily until he started to work a little bit quicker into it. He was a fast learner when it came to learning music so this would be a breeze. He did get stumbled though. He slipped the headphones off and leaned over the board. "Ru can I get some advice real quick?" He asked softly.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back