• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Stranded in Orenda: Multifandom rp

BillyGGruff

The barriers between realities and dimensions are not as stable as you would like to think. Sometimes there are stray openings that debris and people fall into, or walk into, or open up themselves for their own reasons. The rules of different dimensions are never quite the same as one another either. Someone who is quite powerful in their home reality may find themselves substantially overpowered in this world, while others may discover abilities they never even know they could achieve. Such is the risks and rewards of crossing dimensions. Whether they came of their own volition or entirely on accident, you can expect that they will be changed in some way.

Orenda is a large continent in the middle of a feudal age. Many small kingdoms litter across the land, some with impressive castles and strong walls, others that are far more modest. The usual suspects are in this fantasy world. Elves, Dwarfs, Orcs, and humans are the natives of this world, as is the case with many of these types of dimensions. However, because the barriers between it and other realities are so flimsy in some parts, there are strange creatures, people, and technology that occasionally integrates into their society. Legends still speak of the "black demon" with the long head and how it's blood was like acid. Or of the strangely dressed person calling himself a Captain of a "Starship" called Enterprise.

Whether your goal is to integrate and adapt to this new world, or find your way back to your own dimension, there is definitely adventure to be had here.

____________________________________________________________________________________

This is a multi fandom rp. Most any character is absolutely welcome. However, as you may have discerned from the teaser above, it is going to be a bit more complicated than just transferring the character from their respective world into the Feudal fantasy world of Orenda.

Mechanically speaking, this is an in canon way of nerfing super powerful characters and bringing everyone to a more even playing field. However there is a bit more to it than that.

Your characters will remember and know they had those abilities before, so not having them or having a severely weakened version of them will be an adjustment for them. I'll go into generals of how this is going to work here.

Characters who don't have powers and just are highly skilled: These types of characters will have the relatively easiest time adjusting. They will still have to learn how this world works and some of their skills may not be applicable in a society without advanced technology, but they will have an early lead in terms of usefulness. They also can learn the native magic if they so desire.

Characters who's powers are magic/mystical/spirit/ki/chakra/ect: The rules of magic, ki and the like are different in this world than they are where the character comes from. It will be like gradually learning a new language that is vaguely familiar to them, but they have to learn how to get over their proverbial severe accent (if that makes sense). This translates to a character being back to where they started, but they will learn under training easier than others.

Characters who are Mutates/Mutants/Super heroes/Comic book types: This will be on more of a case by case basis depending on their powers. I will say learning native magic that is functionally similar to their original powers will be easier for them to train. I have ideas for more popular choices that people tend to pick, so feel free to choose from this roster.

This is all in very broad terms. The basic goal is to have everyone start pretty much powerless. The characters personalities and how they would react to this vulnerable situation is what I'm going for here, not so much who can overpower who.

Characters who have technological weapons/super armor/ect: These technologies will likely not survive the crossover into this reality. They will be disabled and fried to the point of uselessness. If the person has the skills to make such tech however, they'll find a way to rebuild. If they are just a pilot, they may find their skills can be applied to types of magic.

On the topic of OC's: I'm less interested in these than I am with bringing in characters from various media. For one thing, if I do not know who the character is I can look them up and get a gauge on their powers, skills and such. It is not an outright no, but I would need the kind of hard and detailed information on this oc as I would get with a google search of a character from various media. Try to aim for canon characters first before we try for ocs.

"good" characters preferred: Not saying you can't pick a grump or an anti hero, but keep the alignment scale towards the good end. Morally Grey areas and ideological differences can be plenty enough to spark a fight without someone being outright evil.

Pick someone you think you can play in character as much as possible: Don't just pick someone who is super powerful (not that it matters much anyway in this context). Pick someone you know well enough that you think you can naturally write their dialogue or know how they would react to a situation.

hmmm...I am very much interested, but I do have a question - I know that all characters (in theory - I really hope that things like Roblox and stuff aren't being accepted - ive seen it happen) are being accepted, but how would the go-to OP characters such as Goku get dealt with? ive read the bit about the change for magic/ki users, but that doesn't particularly change much.

also, what about characters that are biologically able to do things? such as characters with wings that allow them to fly, etc?

while I'm at it, I am interested and I shall also dibs a couple of characters. firstly, my boy Captain Falcon - for the sake of ease of use, since no real canon explanation exists (that I am aware of) why Captain Falcon can Falcon Punch, I shall go with the common theory of ki. and, I may go for Tails the Fox coz why not. might make him an adult - I don't know, depends on what I feel like.

Last edited:
hmmm...I am very much interested, but I do have a question - I know that all characters (in theory - I really hope that things like Roblox and stuff aren't being accepted - ive seen it happen) are being accepted, but how would the go-to OP characters such as Goku get dealt with? ive read the bit about the change for magic/ki users, but that doesn't particularly change much.

also, what about characters that are biologically able to do things? such as characters with wings that allow them to fly, etc?

while I'm at it, I am interested and I shall also dibs a couple of characters. firstly, my boy Captain Falcon - for the sake of ease of use, since no real canon explanation exists (that I am aware of) why Captain Falcon can Falcon Punch, I shall go with the common theory of ki. and, I may go for Tails the Fox coz why not. might make him an adult - I don't know, depends on what I feel like.

Dragon Ball actually has a similar mechanic to what I'm talking about, where some powers/techniques are just turned off while they are in a dimension with different rules. In this place their powers simply would not work in the beginning. Goku would still have his martial arts, but he would not be the powerhouse he is in the anime. He may even learn how to use that realities techniques that are similar to his powers, but he won't have the time it took for him to get to that godlike level.

Yeah no to the Roblox.

With those I'll take by a case by case basis. Winged flight isn't all that over powered considering people can just shoot them out of the sky or injure the wing.

With Tails, he'll definitely feel a physical nerf in the beginning. Same for Falcon. Falcon will still have his fighting ability, but it will be at a more human level (which he can get out of with time and training). Tails likewise will feel a dock on his speed and durability. Most sonic characters are quite durable, so being able to get injured easier will be quite a shock for him. As far as aging him up goes, I don't really see a point in it for this rp. In fact it'd probably add to the fish out of water angle if he was like his game/show counterparts. He would still have his intellect and his mechanic skills though, so that is certainly something useful.

well yeah, I nerf Tails anyways. I mean, he can spin his tails like a turbine to a) reach the speed of sound (or nearabouts), b) obliterate the f*ck out of metal robots and c) defy gravity and literally all physics by flying with them because everyone knows that fluffy tails are the most aerodynamic of all the helicopter blades. that, and he can lift 10 tonnes, has an IQ of 300, has bombs and arm cannons fo dayz, medibots, shieldbots, a plane that is also a submarine, a spaceship (I think it was a tank at one point) and can create tornadoes with said plane. oh, and he was literally God at one point, able to defeat beings that can tear multiverses apart and then he willed the universes back into existence. Shadow aint got shit on Tails. Oh, and he's ten.

Don't worry, I usually nerf him anyways XD

As for Falcon, he is effectively a normal guy (apart from the fire death punches and the almighty Knee manoeuvre). his durability mainly comes from the fact his body suit is made of a space age material that helps lessen the effects of punches and stuff. although, he can punch arrows and small missiles out of the air, though I think that's down to skill over anything else. one thing I love is that in the new Smash Bros, the epic introductory cutscene for the new Fire Emblem characters (Lucina and Robin, I think) is effectively C.Falcon beating the shit out of them. Lucina tries to hit him with her magic sword, Falcon bats that away like it was a fly then kicks her in the face. Because he's awesome. I like the idea that in the RP, he walks up to a guard who tries to stab him for intruding or whatever, and then immediately regrets his decision.

well yeah, I nerf Tails anyways. I mean, he can spin his tails like a turbine to a) reach the speed of sound (or nearabouts), b) obliterate the f*ck out of metal robots and c) defy gravity and literally all physics by flying with them because everyone knows that fluffy tails are the most aerodynamic of all the helicopter blades. that, and he can lift 10 tonnes, has an IQ of 300, has bombs and arm cannons fo dayz, medibots, shieldbots, a plane that is also a submarine, a spaceship (I think it was a tank at one point) and can create tornadoes with said plane. oh, and he was literally God at one point, able to defeat beings that can tear multiverses apart and then he willed the universes back into existence. Shadow aint got shit on Tails. Oh, and he's ten.

Don't worry, I usually nerf him anyways XD

As for Falcon, he is effectively a normal guy (apart from the fire death punches and the almighty Knee manoeuvre). his durability mainly comes from the fact his body suit is made of a space age material that helps lessen the effects of punches and stuff. although, he can punch arrows and small missiles out of the air, though I think that's down to skill over anything else. one thing I love is that in the new Smash Bros, the epic introductory cutscene for the new Fire Emblem characters (Lucina and Robin, I think) is effectively C.Falcon beating the shit out of them. Lucina tries to hit him with her magic sword, Falcon bats that away like it was a fly then kicks her in the face. Because he's awesome. I like the idea that in the RP, he walks up to a guard who tries to stab him for intruding or whatever, and then immediately regrets his decision.

It's not so much about worrying about it as that is the way this game works. I want this tails to be the one you are describing, cause he would really notice if those abilities were missing.

If Falcon's durability come from his suit that would fall into the super armor subsection. His suit either wouldn't survive the transition into this dimension, or he would have fallen in when he wasn't wearing it.

ok, that's fine by me :3

its not super suit levels, its more along the lines of something like Kevlar (not even as good, really). since he is a fighter, he has rubbery suits to help stave off punches. effectively, a boxer wouldn't be able to do stuff against him but bullets and swords would. maybe he does have enhanced durability - but ive always seen it, and it is usually portrayed as, that he is just too good at fighting to be hurt that easily. either way, it doesn't particularly matter for this - however, since all he wears is the body suit (and his helmet) which would make him starkers I think, for the sake of PG ratings and I don't want to be banned, we shall assume otherwise?

ok, that's fine by me :3

its not super suit levels, its more along the lines of something like Kevlar (not even as good, really). since he is a fighter, he has rubbery suits to help stave off punches. effectively, a boxer wouldn't be able to do stuff against him but bullets and swords would. maybe he does have enhanced durability - but ive always seen it, and it is usually portrayed as, that he is just too good at fighting to be hurt that easily. either way, it doesn't particularly matter for this - however, since all he wears is the body suit (and his helmet) which would make him starkers I think, for the sake of PG ratings and I don't want to be banned, we shall assume otherwise?

Then him falling into the place in civilian clothes it is then. And yes I have a reason why civilian clothes would survive while a super suit wouldn't.

one so awesome like Captain Falcon does not have civilian clothes. so...? besides, he needs his helmet. it's his thing, you know?

one so awesome like Captain Falcon does not have civilian clothes. so...? besides, he needs his helmet. it's his thing, you know?
I hear ya, but like I said, superarmor is not going to be in the beginning of the game. We could have him wake up with clothes from in the dimension if that'd work, but he won't have that suit.

Not saying he couldn't make one later in the game, but he won't have it at the start.

hmmm...now that I think about it, a body suit that repels punches and stuff like that sounds a fair bit like leather. similarly, it isn't shown what the helmet is made out of, but it is metal. but, it could possibly be something like iron, in theory? if I said that is what his clothes were made of, would that be ok?

hmmm...now that I think about it, a body suit that repels punches and stuff like that sounds a fair bit like leather. similarly, it isn't shown what the helmet is made out of, but it is metal. but, it could possibly be something like iron, in theory? if I said that is what his clothes were made of, would that be ok?

Not if it's capable of doing the things he does in his universe no. Like I said, he's getting nerfed, and we already established that his durability comes from his suit. I can tell you have a lot of aversion to him not having his gear in the beginning. That's a good thing! Channel that into the roleplay of the character. I bet he would feel pretty out of place if he didn't have his iconic suit and helmet. What IS Captain Falcon without his armor and helmet? Who is he when all he has is his training and a normal body? That is some stuff to play around with in the rp.

What he can do is have a suit made for him as time goes on, maybe hit up a blacksmith for a helmet to his specifications, or try to find material that could work to making a suit for him in this place. Hell It could be a fun little side quest for him "The quest to make my suit again!"

*goes to merchant* "Show me your wares!"

Gonna have to pass on this one—I'm just waiting for the one multifandom that can trust me to take the reigns of a good ol' "overpowered" character.

Nevertheless, good luck on finding new members for this.

as we speak, I am trying to look up art of C.Falcon as a medieval knight. however, my issue isn't necessarily with him losing his gear, its with him losing his icon (and his clothes). hell, he has an awesome one-shot laser pistol he never uses coz he's too manly.

at the same time, it would be funny to see how people would react to Captain Falcon utterly starkers. mainly because I don't think he'd try to hide his shame.

Gonna have to pass on this one—I'm just waiting for the one multifandom that can trust me to take the reigns of a good ol' "overpowered" character.

Nevertheless, good luck on finding new members for this.
I'd be thrilled if it were a 1x1 and we knew who we were playing, but in a group rp it gets messy if you don't reign it in unfortunately. I feel ya though.

I'm interested. Could I reserve Saiga Fūrinji from Shijou Saikyou no Deshi Kenichi/History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi?

are you having any characters of your own?
I have some antagonists and such.

I'm interested. Could I reserve Saiga Fūrinji from Shijou Saikyou no Deshi Kenichi/History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi?
Haven't read the manga for that (watched the anime though). From what I'm reading on him he MIGHT be hard to balance, considering his fighting is purely physical. If you can agree not to overuse that speed I was reading about he might work. He'll be pretty strong early game.

Are OCs allowed? Or is it canon characters only?

Canon is HEAVILY preferred. It's not a complete no to OC's but the theme here is not focused on that.

I have some antagonists and such.

Haven't read the manga for that (watched the anime though). From what I'm reading on him he MIGHT be hard to balance, considering his fighting is purely physical. If you can agree not to overuse that speed I was reading about he might work. He'll be pretty strong early game.

Canon is HEAVILY preferred. It's not a complete no to OC's but the theme here is not focused on that.
Well.. Ok then.

Oh I already planned to nerf that speed and his overall strength at first he's going to be a above average guy with master level martial arts skills. I mostly want him because he's a great mix of power with a nice selection of skills like disguise and infiltration.

So yeah until much later in the game he won't be near his full strength.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back