• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Straight A's & Black Eyes (closed)

He smiled reassuringly at her and moved back into the hall. Her parents and the officer from this morning stood waiting. Didn't look like anyone showed up for Asher. The principal took a deep breath "you seem to have been at the center of what ever happened. Can you tell what happened?"

She looked like a nervous animal as shr made her way over, looking between her parents and the officer. For once her adoptive parents were in town and not out on a business trip. "Oh, well, um t-the football players, they sort of cornered him, I don't know what they were saying b-but it looked like they might have been taunting him? S-so I walked over to see if I could stop it a-and then they started fighting."

He nodded "thank you Jinta. I need to speak with the others let's go back in and see what they say. Your parents will wait with the officer in my office". He opened the door to the detention room and ushered her back in. Asher looked up and smiled as she came back into view.

"You're welcome," she murmured quietly, nodding a bit before looking up at him,"I-I'm not in trouble am I?" Her voice was full of worry and she looked back at her parents and then up at the principal as they made their way back. Once she was back in the room she shakily made her way over to her chair, looking at Asher and smiling nervously in return. Sitting down she kept her gaze on her hands, watching them tremble slightly with nerves.

The principal sat at the desk in the front looking at them. He looked to the jocks "I should suspend you boys....but I know the season just started and we need you. So I'll let the coach deal with you 3, Mr.Slade as for you it seems your new friend here has vouched for you. So you will both do Saturday detention for a month. And you will not be allowed free roam anymore. Jinta will be your student guide for a while. Your schedule will be matched to hers. I hope this will deter any other bad behavior. Your father will be informed".

Asher snorted rolling his eyes "as you can see by his absence I'm sure he will care and he is my step father"

She listened quietly, eyes on her feet and while she didn't think the punishment for the three that started it was just, she didn't speak up. Her stepping in to try and help had been bad enough, and she didn't have the energy to do something like that again anytime soon. For the most part she wouldn't think she'd have to! At least until the principal continued and her eyes widened, locking onto the man. Wait why was she getting detention!? She never got detention! She wanted to argue, needed to argue, but no words came out and she just sort of stared at the man with a wide gaze. This couldn't be possible! She was a good student, was always on time, never skipped, always turned things in, got straight A's. Detention was for people like...well like Asher who caused trouble and got into fights and smoked and things of that nature. There must have been a mistake, she wasn't directly involved, at least she didn't believe she was. And to add to all of that? She was no Asher's student guide! Looking up at the other and than towards the principal she wanted to argue and rant about how none of this was fair. She opened her mouth to seek, and instead of the words she wanted, all that came out was "yes sir."

Asher looked at her. He could see the disappointed thoughts. "Sir I don't think she should have to do detention....she wasn't involved".

The principal nodded "yes maybe her anger will make you realize your actions don't only effect you, Jinta I'll write it up as voluntary helping not a punishment ok?"

She looked up at Asher with a look of surprise when he actually stood up for her, stating that she didn't think she should get a detention for this. It was one of the last things she was expecting him to do, and there was no way she'd be able to express just how grateful she was for it. Anger. That was almost laughable, Jinta didn't get angry, and when she did she usually just shoved it as far back as she could until she got home where she could safely have one sided arguments that wouldn't hurt anybody's feelings. "Y-yes sir, thank you so much." A look of relief washed over her as she was reassured it wouldn't be a punishment, voluntary help was good, and as far as she was aware it would look good on a resume or college application.

Asher had gone quiet. He had never thought about how his fighting got others involved. He didn't want his new friend getting in trouble. The principal dismissed them back to class and ordered him to go with Jinta.

When they were dismissed she stood and headed for the for, waiting for Asher to catch up before she headed for class. Glancing at one of the clocks in the hall she murmured something along the lines of "we should be able to make it to the next class, there's no way we'll get to the one going on now." Turning her gaze to Asher she watched him quietly before realizing that she was staring and that was rude, quick averting her gaze. "Um, what sort of classes do you usually take?" she asked, worried that maybe her classes may not be good for Asher.

He shrugged "what ever they give me. I don't do well sitting still so not sure how long I'll stick around" he moved her so she was between him and the wall. He was babbling away not really noticing what he was doing but he didn't like her being towards the outside. "What classes do you take?"

"How long you'll stick around?" she asked curiously, brow furrowed,"you mean you're going to leave?" She wasn't hard to move really, and almost didn't realize it had happened until she noticed that wall was now on one side and Asher on the outside. "Oh, I mean....um, things like AP biology II, Trigonometry, um, things like that," she answered, biting her lip lightly and glancing down because usually when she told people that they either stopped listening or changed the subject because unless it was her friends she found most people didn't want to talk about the advanced classes.

"I-I guess they are," she murmured before blinking up at him,"oh, yeah I can help you. But only if you actually go to class!" She puffed up her cheeks a bit before blowing the air out gently towards the floor,"you can't expect me to help if you won't even show up okay?"

He chuckled and pulled her hand into his "skip detention on Saturday with me and I'll go to class if your there...deal?" His hand was warm and held her smaller one snuggly but not to tight. He looked into her eyes with his dark ones. "Your eyes are amazing by the way".

She wasn't expecting him to take her hand the way he did, her face turning a deep shade of red and she stared at their hands before looking up at him. They widened at his proposition of skipping detention. "S-skip detention? Are you crazy? I can't do that, I'd...I'd get in trouble. I've never skipped something!" She seemed frantic at the idea of skipping out on anything, but detention? that was something else entirely! But at least she could say the rumors about him being cold blooded and silly things like that weren't true, if he were actually "cold-blooded" his hand wouldn't be so warm. At the compliment the blush spread to her ears and a little down her neck,"m-my eyes? Oh, oh um...t-tahnk you." They were a bit of a touchy subject at times, mainly because before high school a couple people would taunt her for them, which she never could understand why. They were a little different that was all, they still worked and they functioned like normal eyes. Once she hit high school though that seemed to all change and most people thought they were the coolest things ever, but she'd never been complimented quite like this before.

He laughed "just say you took me out for extra credit...come on I want to show you something, you'll like it I promise". He pushed his lower lip out widening his eyes. "You won't get arrested.... probably".

"But that's....that's lying!" she pointed out, staring up at him like he just said he'd killed her parents or something. "Show me something? It can't just wait until after detention?" she asked worriedly,"we could get in trouble if they find out we skipped!" When he gave her the wide eyed look she swallowed a bit, looking around and then up at him, about to say something until he mentioned that she probably wouldn't be arrested. "We could be arrested!?"

He laughed and shook his head. "It's an art show down town. I ah took some photos that are being featured.....I don't have anyone else to show". He looked away embarrassed. He had never told anyone about taking photos.

She seemed to relax once he explained what it was he wanted to show her before offering one of her small smiles,"oh, you're a photographer? Um..." she was a little conflicted now. He didn't have anyone to show his pictures too,"a-and your'e sure it can't wait until after detention?" It was clear she was nervous about the whole idea, but she would feel bad if he didn't have anyone to see his things.

He shook his head "nevermind it's fine I know cutting isn't your thing" he dropped her hand and tilted his head "where to?" The bell rang as he said it. His face went back to the arrogant self confident mask he always wore.

Jinta nibbled her lip lightly as he shook his head,"but...then you'll have no one to look at your pictures will you?" She felt a little bad, debating on how much trouble she could get into if she did skip. She wasn't technically in trouble, she was put down as it being voluntary help. She'd almost forgotten that he'd been holding her hand until he let go and she looked down before looking back up at him,"um, it's...5th period, too, AP World History," she answered, watching his face change, tilting her head slightly.

He nodded "come on before we are late I'm sure that's bad right". His large warm hand pressed to her lower back indicating they should move. He ignored her question. He had been stupid to think she would agree.

"O-oh, well, yes being late is bad, but we have plenty of time as long as we don't dilly dally," she answered, eyes widening as she squeaked when she felt his hand on her lower back, face igniting with a bright red blush again. Looking up at him worriedly, she seemed to be debating something before murmuring quietly,"I-I'll go with you, to see your pictures. I-I mean I'm not technically in detention, and you'll be with me, so...so it should be fine right?"

His face broke into a wide smile as he maneuvered her through the crowded halls. Following her direction. "Awesome I promise it's a low key gallery". Asher felt almost happy for the first time in along time. He has a friend that had not judged him from actions alone. "Thanks for not being scared of me". He said softly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back