• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Story Telling RP With Things Decided By Audience

Would this interest you?

• Yes .

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I would like more information on this.

• No.

• Yes and I would like to contribute in some way.

• Total voters

cheshirekitt

I'd take a monster to prom
I'd like to create an rp with something along the theme of this webcomic called 'Awful Hospital: Seriously The Worst Ever' where the audience decide the next step for the characters. The story would be told by a single person or many people working together to create the story and choosing different routes throughout the rp. There would be an inventory system and a possible map (probably just lines and boxes with basic doodles) and the audience decide what the rpers do with those items and what they do and what rooms they go into and who they would talk to and possibly what they might even say. After each post there will be a short break of up to half an hour maybe where the audience give their input on the situation.

For instance if the rper is in a room and there is a table with a button on it the audience might decide that the rper should pick up the button, this would then go into the inventory for the audience to tell them to use at a later date to maybe fix an item of clothing or put it down on something that measures weight to complete a task. It is up to the audience to decide.

The audience may also ask to look about the room to see all possible things and outcomes of the room.

If people would like to see this let me know! I'd also be curious as to where exactly something like this would go on the site and who would be interested in helping plan it if at all. Please also be aware that there will probably be no art for this but I would not turn down peoples offers to contribute in that way either even if it were just drawing a simple object for the inventory or something.

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Yeah It probably would be but I figure I could put it under the sci-fi genre and that the 'audience' as it were could contribute towards it via the out of character chat?

Found out this would in fact go in the Sci-Fi rp thread like normal.

@lancastrians also wants to help with the writing for it. If anyone else would like to assist in any way please post here or pm me!

Suggestion! Why don't you, instead, have multiple players that can chose what happens to the other players.

By this I mean let's say you have 4, you can have 2 of them doing a scene that the other 2 decide on, then switch to the other 2 after the scene is done and reverse roles?

That being said I will TOTALLY sign up

I would love to help. Very cool concept, I tried something like this years back and it went well, only mine involved people rping characters telling a short story and taking control of characters within that tale. Like a story within a story. It was confusing, but a lot of fun :D so, mind if I join in?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd gladly take any help offered! Feel free to let me know what way you'd like to help in! @DontBeTrippin @Lokipi

And the other people taking control of others could work for certain events in the story like puzzles perhaps but I'd rather that the story was pushed forward due to the demands of the audience. I'd like it to be something the entire site can participate in even if they don't want to actually tell the story they can read it and occasionally tell the 'players' as it were, what to do next.

So we would need a constant polling thread?? Would be amazing to keep the roleplayers in the dark as to what the audience could decide between. Out of interest, is this going to be 'nice' or slightly horror centered?

Lol you didn't understand me xD not control as in full control, the people who are not playing that scene would give 4 bullet points on suggestions that the players can chose 2 from.

And I would love to help and be part of this! ^.^

Either a poll or something like an out of character chat solely for the audience kind of thing.

And I'm thinking it'll be a bit of both. Like not completely nonsensical and horrible though like I want there to be nice moments too y'know? I want the audience to build bonds with characters before they eventually have their hearts ripped out for that very reason.

Ah I see. I could still do that for puzzles maybe.

And this is good news to hear Gregory!

In the process of establishing the core story for the game and the possible four main protagonists that will always have posts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back