Story Mode Network

@The One Eyed Bandit

Wow. That second post. Did you just type it up or did you have it saved somewhere already? Depending on that answer, I don't think you need any help at all...you just need to step up and post it.

Just typed it up. Some of them I'd had floating about unwritten for a while, though.

@The One Eyed Bandit Electromagnetism v. Plasma Manipulation?

OK, thought of a better explanation for where the two overlap.

Both could be used to control Lightning, but the method varies. Lightning is made when a strong electrical charge travels through air, super-heating it from a gas into a Plasma.  Controlling Plasma, you'd be manipulating the product (Lightning) and controlling Electromagnetism, you'd control the process (the electrical charge). A Plasma Controller might be able to generate their own Lightning, but they'd most likely not have control over the finer process like an Electromagnetic User would.

One of these is a fundamental form a matter though, and the other a fundamental force of the universe, so there's a lot of functional overlap between the two because of how general they are.

Decent videos on them, at least, I think they are:

Plasma -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuUJwFLUpS0

Electromagnetism -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMnsZuEE_m8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cy6kba3A8vY

@The One Eyed Bandit

Wow. That second post. Did you just type it up or did you have it saved somewhere already? Depending on that answer, I don't think you need any help at all...you just need to step up and post it.

@Reinhardt

What's wrong with Jojo?

@ApfelSeine

Haha, Looking through this, I think bandit has already done everything on his own XD. Also, I believe you and Bandit are BOTH correct regarding Electromagnetism. I can see both methods working and begin called electromagnetism. *shrugs*

@Gabriel97

Nice plug for your RP Gabriel xD

@Grey

That is pretty cool. Insect affinity? There are definitely low-key, cool powers that are around. I believe more so the way they are used makes or breaks them. What I read of WORM, that is a good example. It was more interesting than Superman's suite of things.

@Mr. Gideon

;P Radiation I believe is only part of what makes a nuke dangerous. There's still the heat and force from the explosion to deal with.

It's not mine. It's a friend's.

Hey guys. Long, long, loooooooong ago, I've made a RolePlay called Life as Always. It's your stereotypical Anime Slice of Life Roleplay set in a "futuristic" setting. (2024 tbh, kinda the same as now.) And now that I get ideas for its plot, it is basically dead. I am so fucking sad that it died, because it was my most successful idea.

I'd like to reboot it.

Hey guys. Long, long, loooooooong ago, I've made a RolePlay called Life as Always. It's your stereotypical Anime Slice of Life Roleplay set in a "futuristic" setting. (2024 tbh, kinda the same as now.) And now that I get ideas for its plot, it is basically dead. I am so fucking sad that it died, because it was my most successful idea.

I'd like to reboot it.

What were you looking to do?

Eh, it's a thing about my character to be honest. That involves pretty much everyone though.

Okay, big red flag. Is your character what everything is centered around? If you're honest about it. Not to say that's bad, but many times that contributes to things going wrong.

Mmmm, I think I'll try out doing that superpower guide thing. Sounds like it could be a bit of fun.

Then go for it. It would be something cool to do. I personally don't do formulaic writing so it's not something I take a lot from per se, but for those more traditional writers who like using conventions, I believe it would help quite a bit. If even for a point of reference. I encourage you to put something together

Okay, big red flag. Is your character what everything is centered around? If you're honest about it. Not to say that's bad, but many times that contributes to things going wrong.

Then go for it. It would be something cool to do. I personally don't do formulaic writing so it's not something I take a lot from per se, but for those more traditional writers who like using conventions, I believe it would help quite a bit. If even for a point of reference. I encourage you to put something together

Well I made a popstar lmao.

I meant that, not that it changes their plots or anything.

Just that everyone would know what happened.

SO i thought of a very conditional ability.

Aggression immunity, the posessor is immune or resistant to aggressive or malicious actions against them, will add the other details later.

SO i thought of a very conditional ability.

Aggression immunity, the posessor is immune or resistant to aggressive or malicious actions against them, will add the other details later.

I think there are two classes of abilities; solo and group. That is definitely solo. It is very smart and fantastic for something like Quests, but not so much group roleplays. I'd rather read a story about you using that power, than participate in one where your character has that power.

There's a pretty cool villain in Worm called Nice Guy with a power not unlike that.

I applied it to a demonic asylum director a couple years back, too. Players are often stumped if they can't resort to violence.

There's a pretty cool villain in Worm called Nice Guy with a power not unlike that.

I applied it to a demonic asylum director a couple years back, too. Players are often stumped if they can't resort to violence.

Trolling at its finest. I do respect the tactic however.

I think there are two classes of abilities; solo and group. That is definitely solo. It is very smart and fantastic for something like Quests, but not so much group roleplays. I'd rather read a story about you using that power, than participate in one where your character has that power.

It was for a new rp i have joined where it was about orphans with peculiar abilities, i thought it up. i did think of making a story about it.

No it was on my original site, i havent joined any here yet, i was planning on doing so, but things have repeatedly come up.

well the two i was taking a look at have since died.

I don't know what to do for you Sir Gideon =(. You somehow always slip out of helping grip.

@Riuma

In that tag list you have, would you be able to remove GreenBriar from the code please? And add Gasmaskie? I'll be doing an overhaul soon so I will ask for you help again

Edit: And Captain Gensokyo + The One Eyed Bandit as well?

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know what to do for you Sir Gideon =(. You somehow always slip out of helping grip.

@Riuma

In that tag list you have, would you be able to remove GreenBriar from the code please? And add Gasmaskie? I'll be doing an overhaul soon so I will ask for you help again

Edit: And Captain Gensokyo + The One Eyed Bandit as well?

I'm fine with you doing it, by the way (if so, please retain the alphabetical order). I updated the list and cluster though, but I can't seem to get the raw coding of them alone in the spoilers, despite usually being good at guessing with my limited knowledge of HTML.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back