• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy :: STIGMA ::

Literally Batman

World's Greatest Detective
RYIrT-189w8RpOnv5wNMSRKBwlTh0xNu0-u_u-l7pTYqcjjlXbELZWAEqIt4RSzT9suJYkcNnheWTyK1m4zZ3Keib1EdXvbFzR4WmdGe8Puvs1D2wNiyljgb0EMrEoJcEr1B2gk5

Man maintains his balance, poise, and sense of security only as he is moving forward.
Maxwell Maltz

04f40809b587615e8e1406b3fa3c384e.png

PART I ~ The Beginning

The history of the Royal Province of Titania was solely dictated on two beings. These beings were twins, the dual forces of Life and Death. Both Life and Death understood that one without the other would lead to pain and suffering- the inability to die would result in overpopulation and torture, and the inability to live would leave but a barren wasteland. Despite this knowledge, the two always tried to up the other. When Life created Flora to populate Titania, Death created Fire to consume it. When Life created Fauna to roam the ground, Death created Plagues to consume them. When Life created Water for her creatures to drink and flourish, Death created Lightning to electrify the oceans. When Life created humans, her magnum opus, Death bestowed upon them Free Will and Choice, so they themselves could decide whether Life or Death was more powerful.

This type of rivalry was natural for two siblings of opposite sentiments- but it soon spun out of control. This began when Life decided to create the Avatars of Everything. The Avatars were human, but they were more. Each Avatar controlled one either Life or Death’s precious elements. These Avatars were truly irritating to Death- not only had these Avatars violated his precious Free Will by being only good, not evil, they were also taking some of his power away! Death was a power-hungry individual, so the mere thought of somebody taking his power away was painful for him. To counter the Avatars, he created the Danger, creatures that all shared the ferocious power of darkness and night. And so the Avatars went, fighting the Danger forever. The Avatars soon teamed up and lead the military of Titania, leading to the 14-year Danger War, which lead to almost all of the Danger being exterminated or driven away.

PART II ~ The Golden Age

After the Danger War ended, the Avatars returned being treated like heroes. They became the top advisors to the Royal Family of Titania, the Inconel Family. The Avatar’s great power was used to forge the Titan Heart, a magical sphere of energy that absolutely flows with all kinds of magical power. The Titan Heart cast away the Danger, and had the powers of the elements- it was like a superweapon. It could create wildfires, give way to floods, forge indestructible weapons, form life, bring death, anything it wanted. Using its power, the Kingdom of Titania easily took over its neighbouring countries without shedding a single drop of their own soldier’s blood. The Titan Heart soon powered every home in Titania, built every building, healed every illness. This era of worldwide peace and happiness was called the Titan Age, and people thought it would never fall. The Titan Age lasted for a few hundred years, a golden age for everybody.

Except Death.

PART III ~ Fallen Dominoes
After a while, though, people began to question the Avatars. Why were they capable of using magic? Why were they so powerful? They said that they were Life's creations, but how could anybody really be so sure? Perhaps they were the real enemy. Paranoia spread like a wildfire across all of Titania.

The current king at that time, King Elias Willis “Ironskin” Inconel, heard these rumors, and decided that the Avatars were obsolete. They had the Titan Heart now, who needed them anyway? Thus began the Purge. Their armies rising, Titania attacked the Avatars. With the power of the Titan Heart on their side, the armies were boosted with magical power, and while the Avatars put up a good fight, they were no match for all of Titania's men, and so they went into hiding, determined that one day, they would return- not themselves, but their heirs, their blood, and their soul.

Everything seemed good for a few hundred years more, but then it happened. The Titan Heart died. It turns out that with no other magical presence, the Titan Heart could not continue dishing out magic. Now just scraps of metal and with hardly a flicker of magic left, the Golden Age of Titania, the Titan Age, fell. Opposing kingdoms attacked Titania, taking back their land and then some. Famines and plagues rippled through the lands. Crime arose. Everything went to hell. With this, Death knew it was his time to strike. The largest Danger Beast ever, called Typhus, arose and lead an attack on Titania. With no Avatars nor Titan Heart to defend itself, Titania was ravaged. Still, the Inconels' insisted this was the Avatars's doing, leading to still-high hatred for the Avatars (who they thought were dead.)

However, all hope was not lost. The Avatars had, at this point, been reintegrated into society. None of them knew they were Avatars, but they found out. Life, who had been waiting for years, approached in a dream. "Rise, Avatars. Journey to the Tree of Life. I will meet you there. It is time to take back the world. To take back Titania."

The Elements

Fire, The Creator and Destroyer

Water, The Ocean's Body

Air, Life's Blood

Earth, The Roaming Grounds

Flora, Nature's Gift
EricSings EricSings

Fauna, The Beasts Of Burden

Lightning, The Heaven's Wrath
sly-eyed-lyra sly-eyed-lyra

Plague, Delirium and Stress

more elements may be added as seen fit.

In essence, you will be playing the descendants of the Avatars, who have died hundreds of years in the past. As such, (most, probably) of you don't realize you're related to anybody special, and won't suspect a thing until powers start to manifest. At some point, Life will appear in a dream and tell you to meet at the Tree of Life, beginning the RP there.

This RP is somewhat inspired by anime, but is firstly a fantasy adventure into an idea I had.

If you're interested, feel free to claim an element here. Thank you!

Literally Batman.

Last edited:
Just pointing this out, but I think you meant to put 'they' instead of 'the' in your first paragraph of PART III ~ Fallen Dominoes. ^^;

This seems promising. I'm interested in Flora, Nature's Gift.
tumblr_inline_p7g3fvrT4C1rujz3w_75sq.gif

The lore is already so rich - this sounds amazing. I'm interested in Lightning, The Heaven's Wrath. :bishiesparklesl::bishiesparklesl::bishiesparklesl:

Just pointing this out, but I think you meant to put 'they' instead of 'the' in your first paragraph of PART III ~ Fallen Dominoes. ^^;

This seems promising. I'm interested in Flora, Nature's Gift.
tumblr_inline_p7g3fvrT4C1rujz3w_75sq.gif

Yeah, those typos get you. I'll fix it.
done!

The lore is already so rich - this sounds amazing. I'm interested in Lightning, The Heaven's Wrath. :bishiesparklesl::bishiesparklesl::bishiesparklesl:

thank you, I try :p I'll put you down!

I'm curious to know more about the setting. Was magic exclusive to the Avatars and the Titan Heart? What time period (roughly) would this RP take place? Why did life favor this one nation? If I have to learn these in RP that's fine, it just means i'm invested.

I'll throw my hat it for Earth, though I will likely use it with a metallic artisan's focus.

I'm curious to know more about the setting. Was magic exclusive to the Avatars and the Titan Heart? What time period (roughly) would this RP take place? Why did life favor this one nation? If I have to learn these in RP that's fine, it just means i'm invested.

I'll throw my hat it for Earth, though I will likely use it with a metallic artisan's focus.

There's a lore thread coming, but to answer your questions,

-some mages have access to basic magic spells, but total manipulation is provided only by being Avatars. The Titan Heart formerly provided temporary magic 'buffs' but now its power is very limited and is being given to only the highest elites.

-medieval-esque

-as to be explained in the future lore thread, the other countries are kinda...barbaric. being the first, most civilized, and most respectful, Life favors Titania.

Thank u for all ur interest, I'm going to close off requests for now. I'll have a form up sometime tomorrow, so start thinking about your character in general until then. Thanks again. :)

as fun as this role play looks, I am unfortunately going to have to sit this one out. ;_;
very cool plot, though. <3 I apologize.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back