SteamPunk Revolution.

Skev jumped slightly when he heard Peter speak, but quickly regained himself and cleared his throat "Y-Yes s-sir after you" He mentioned with his hand as he walked over to Harper placing the basket in her hands "I-If you n-need anything" He reached into his pack and took out a notebook quickly writing his address down and ripping the piece out "H-Here is m-my home a-address and t-thank you f-for everything" He took her hand gently and kissed it quickly as if not to offend her and followed Joanna and Peter out

Lord Gearheart

( i am sorry but my period key is gone [ Period] those will serve as placeholders )

Gearheart had been busy( Period ) The entire company had modified their weapons and armor to be able to deal with steam exposure( Period ) After the incident with the Steam building he had worked tirelessly to see it done( Period ) Their weapons now would never malfunction because of steam( Period ) That and they all now carried Gravity pistols instead of Gravity guns( Period ) Much less cumbersome and easier to modify( Period ) The weapons now carried as a squad level special where know as Hurricane guns( Period ) They fired a fragmenting bolt of electricity that left one on the ground with muscles clenched and unmoving( Period )

Gearheart himself had rearmed himself with a massive hammer( Period) It would discharge a massive pulse upon impact( Period ) The company began moving out and about with full squads of ten separated by a street as they began working through the neighborhood( Period ) The men where not afraid to use them and occasionally you heard the discharge of a Malstorm laser as some poor unfortunate broke rules and was punished( Period ) Such was their patrol always, and such would they always do it ( Period )

( Short but i am going to go look for my period key now [Period] for the meantime this works )

Peter O'Coolidge

Peter opened the door into the sunlight and looked outside with a slight smile on his face as he turned around nodding his head in acknowledgement saying. " Thank you. Give me a second Skev while I go grab my gear. " As he turned he walked casually into the alley way with his gear and looked down at Timber. A couple moments later, with his suit on and his steam pack enabled, he pressed a button on his suit on his wrist and set Timber to follow. He walked back out to them holding his helmet in his right hand, saying. " All ready to go. "

Skev nodded as Peter went to grab his gear, standing there for a brief moment he silently listened to the world around him. Tilting his head in question, he could of sworn he heard some faint screaming, however he was pulled from his thought when Peter returned. Dressed in his normal uniform wit-

Skev's eyes widened in pure amazement at the mechanical technical wonder that was beside him. Skev immediately got down on his knees on front of the mechanical dog with excitement, as a smile formed on his face "This!" He began excitedly "Is absolutely amazing!" He began looking the dog over, questioning everything. Looking over the pieces of technology he believed made the dog, as a series of questions began to build up inside him.

"What'shemadeoutof?, Whendidyoumakehim?, Whydidyoumakehim?, what'shisname?,Whatpiecesoftechnologydidyouuse?" Skev excitedly rambled off even more questions as he continued to examine Peter's dog "Oh how I would love to study you" he spoke to the dog, giving it a big smile

Peter O'Coolidge

Peter laughed for a second as he watched his dog stare at him, the dog tilted his head at him and began to pant as if it was almost happy like a real dog. He opened his mouth. " I'll let you study him later, when we get you safely back. He was made by one of my father's friend, we had a dog, however he died, but we managed to salvage part of his brain, and then.... Well this, he's very old, very complex, and he gets the job done. He's a real dog to me, and I want him to stay that way. " He smiled for a second as he looked down at Timber, he was a technological marvel at the time, the only one that he has seen. He was passed down from his father to his son as man's best friend and he grew into part of the family. He felt his steam engine kick in on his back as it began to emit from his back.

Skev smiled up at Peter "T-Thank you s-so much Sir" he slowly got up and patted te dog on the head, feeling the coolness of his metal head beneath his slightly covered hand. "Well t-than s-shall we g-go? I c-could invite you i-into my h-home f-for a s-short spell for a-some food a-and w-wine i-it's the l-least I d-do to thank y-you for h-helping me"

Peter O'Coolidge

" It is not necessary. Let's head back. " Peter then turned towards Joanna and Harper with a smile on his face and said out loud. " Thank you again. " He then put the helmet back on and closed the latch that sealed it as he looked around. He began to take one step away from the building as he looked at Timber again through his goggles. He pressed a button that opened up his radio inside his suit and said.

" Gabriel, on my way back, sorry got caught up with a few things, will explain later. I'll give you the location where to meet up when I get there. " He then removed his finger off the button and turned towards Skev saying. " Lead the way sir. "

Skev nodded shyly as he searched through his pack pulling his hat out. A black top hat with golden gears going from the side of it across the top. A gift he had gotten for his 18th birthday, 2 years prior to when he began his hooded noble phase. He gently placed it on his head, making sure it was secure before walking down the shady path he had originally come from. The one that led through Portsmouth to his home

Halfway down the path he stopped, causing Peter to stumble behind him. He tilted his head and looked over at Peter "D-Do you hear t-that?" He questioned listening more

Peter O'Coolidge

" I do not hear anything. " He looked at him for a second as his suit sometimes made it hard to hear things, he wondered what he was talking about in the first place. He kept his hand on his pistol that was inside the holster just in case anything would go wrong. He looked around just in case while he stopped. He said out loud again. " What is it that you are hearing? "

Skev looked at Peter, in disbelief. Given he was use to quiet being so involved with his studies he often listened around him. Perhaps his hearing was better than the average person. Walking a bit forward to the source of the noise he paused "I-It sounds l-like" Skev listened more "A-Almost like...s-series of someone s-shooting something" he turned back to Peter "E-Earlier I c-could of sworn I h-heard s-screaming" He looked down "I w-wonder what c-could be h-happening..."

Peter took out his pistol with his rifle strapped across his back as he looked around and said. " Direct me please, I can't hear in this damn suit from far away..... " He gripped it tightly as he looked at Skev for a second. He wondered what the hell was going on now, however his job was to react and get there as quick as he could. Had someone get killed, he didn't want to feel guilty because he didn't get there in time. Could it have been the revolution? Who knows... They would find out.

Skev nodded and began jogging at a somewhat fast pace into the center of Portsmouth. He gasped as he saw many what looked to be perhaps redgear soliders holding odd looking weapons amongst them, which normally Skev would of been excited about given he loved studying new things but he was rather afraid of the soldiers, again he wasn't a fighter. He took a step back becoming more frightened as he clearly heard more blasts and screams coming from what he assumed to be near the slums. He just prayed would not run into Lord Gearheart.

Given he had run into him in the past because of his father James Keensorth who was the rather famous scholar who exchanged words now and again between Lord Gearheart. His mother Emma Keensorth the Birthright Noble often went along with his father when he planned to meet up with Lord Gearheart. Skev tagged along due to his mothers influence. Skev being born and raised in a wealthy family had the ability to know how to talk to others who were above or at his level and upper authority as well. Something he was rather grateful for. Though the last time he recalled seeing Lord Gearheart was just shortly before he had started being the hooded noble and received the scars on his face. He feared that if he faced Lord Gearheart again he would no doubt notice that his once flawless face now had scars all over it.

He turned and looked at Peter with pure fear, he did not like this at all.

Peter O'Coolidge

Peter looked on the carnage as he felt anger somewhat grow inside of him. This was madness, he wondered now there were hints of a revolution with this going on as he quickly turned towards Skev and said. " We can't stay here... I wish I could do something, but I can't. " He wouldn't allow that, but his men were still inside the Inner-City. Let alone that Skev had to get back to safety before he was found. " I'm... sorry... We can't do anything now.... " He gripped his pistol tighter as he punched a brick wall with his suit leaving a hole in its place.

Skev jumped back and lost his balance as he saw Peter punch the brick wall, with that kind of strength Skev made a mental note never to be on his bad side. Glancing up at Peter and brought his knees up to his chest "D-Do you think L-Lord Gearheart i-is around?"

Peter O'Coolidge

" I would rather not find out.... Not at this time.... Soon, things will change, people will switch sides, people will realize who deserves equality and who deserves freedom.... " He was being honest, the poor deserved more justice than they got, they were treated like scum when in comparison to the Upper Class. He felt guilty, he knew revolution was coming, but his men would have to choose sides, either if they were against him, or with him...

Skev looked down and sighed "I s-suppose b-but I-I'm sure m-more people w-will fight f-for the poor...E-Even though I w-was born i-into a r-rich family, I d-d-didn't chose t-to be and I j-just wanna h-help.." He trailed off remembering what Harper said...Maybe she was right...Was he even meant for this? He slowly brought himself up, not even bothering to brush off the dirt on his clothes as he focused his eyes to the ground

Trying to ignore the screams he heard, he began slowly walking down the street towards his home. Occasionally glancing back to see if Peter and his dog were following. But he wasn't all that sure if he wanted to go back home. For some reason it just didn't feel right...Though he wanted to continue his studies especially on Peter's mechanical wonder of a dog, he couldn't help shake the feeling that something very bad was about to happen.

Peter O'Coolidge

" I feel the same way, but trust me, there's a time and a place for everything, now's not the time to get in the middle of what was going on. " Peter thought about everything those couple of moments, was it truly foolish putting his live, his reputation, his job all in danger because of this man and those people he just encountered? Everyone deserved a chance, but he promised Harper, Joanna, and Jay that he would get him back safely, no questions ask, and he wasn't about to let his word down. He still couldn't help but think about those people back there.

Skev walked up the stone steps of his house and unlocked the door, before turning to face Peter bowing his hat to him in a respectful way "T-Thank you s-sir, y-you are very k-kind a-at least let m-me w-wrap up s-some food and w-wine for you a-as a t-thank you g-gift, i-it'll be quick" Skev insisted, it truly was the least he could do he couldn't just leave the man without giving him something as a sign of thank you for walking him home safely.

Peter O'Coolidge

" Not necessary, thank you for your offer. " Peter looked at the man and said out loud through his suit. " I will take a meal, it's been a while since I ate yet. In the meanwhile you can study Timber, just as long as he doesn't end up being harmed... " He chuckled for a second after he ended that, after he was going through he was rather hungry, its been 10 hours since he last ate, and he heard his stomach growl through his suit as he reached up to his helmet and pulled off the latch, he then pulled off the helmet as he smiled for a second.

Skev smiled at Peter, excited he got a chance to study his dog Timber "O-Of course. I p-promise I would n-never harm your dog. I-In fact the o-only thing I would r-really like to do i-is study him a-and perhaps t-take some n-notes if you'd a-allow that" Skev stepped aside, gesturing for them to enter.

His house was rather big he had to admit.The walls were painted an orange color, which reflected off the lights giving the room a nice glow. There were book selves everywhere and a small desk in the corner facing away from the window where Skev often studied. Along with a small set of steps that led to his kitchen and hallway. There were also some tools laying around, though not his. An old acquittance of his had left them there, he was meaning to return them when he had free time.

Peter O'Coolidge

" It's fine. " Peter walked into the building following Skev, watching as Timber followed right behind him, looking around inside the building, it was a nice building, something better than what his family could afford as middle class. He didn't think Skev would harm Timber, he didn't think Skev could harm a soul. Peter looked down at Timber for a second as he directed him at Skev, saying. " Follow him boy. "

Scholar Wrath-

A smile flashed across the scholar's face as he finally made it back to Upper Street, not bothering to hide the fact that he had only just arrived. Where he had been and what he was up to was a complete mystery. However, Wrath was quite happy about the days work. It wouldn't be long, he had already picked them out. The ones that would... well, that could wait until the time came. Pulling out his watch he looked over it for a minute before knocking on the door in front of him. The house belonged to a Mr. Skev, a scholar similar to Wrath. Inside he could hear the sound of voices, two to be exact.

"Company is rare," He said to himself on the matter of Skev, "It's good the boy is getting out."

Skev lead them into the kitchen which was full of food, and plenty of wine bottles "I d-don't normally eat that m-much s-so help yourself" He smiled at Peter and Timber as he heard a knock on his door "I-I'll be right b-back again h-help yourself" Skev quickly walked down the small set of stairs careful not to trip as he ran to the front door, turning the knob carefully he opened it to reveal Wrath. He knew him as a fellow scholar, though they were only just acquaintances he smiled up at him "Oh h-hello Wrath" He bowed his head in a respectful manner "T-To what d-do I o-owe the p-pleasure sir?"

Scholar Wrath-

"Good afternoon," Wrath said with a charming smile, "I was wondering if you had a copy of the Common Text of Leadership." The Common Text of Leadership was basically the basis on what the Holy Leadership was built around. It consisted of rules, laws, and other regulations that Leader Kemp ruled everyone with. If Wrath's plan was going to work then he needed a copy, he was hoping that Skev had a clean copy.

Skev smiled slightly confused at Wrath's request. Of course he had a copy, he previously studied the revolution, how it started, the different classes, etc. "Y-Yes of c-course Sir I h-have a copy, w-won't you c-come in?" Skev stepped aside respectfully, gesturing Wrath to enter his home.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread