SteamPunk Revolution.

Lord Gearheart

" There was a man here. I believe we seek him for 'questioning'. I request the ability to search the premises." Gearheart spoke. What little of him was flesh made him sound human. Kind of. Without waiting for a response he gave his subordinate the Ax and took the Gravity gun. He then left the man armed with the ax outside and took the one with the Steam cannon inside.

Moving into the hall directly inside he was forced to bend over to not scrape the ceiling. Bearing the Gravity gun one handed he moved slowly forwards in the direction of several peoples body heat. Right as he was about to enter Visual a pipe vented steam into his face and he stood up straight abruptly. His metal head dented the roof and made a very loud clang as he tried to regain use of his eyes. Growling a stream of scrap-code he bent over and looked at the girl in the door. " Is this a common function of this building?! To eject steam into the halls and rooms?!" He half growled and half shouted.

Scanning the area in front of his ship, Selleck shot his eyes towards a small bump on the sea. Land, land he wanted to explore. The thrill of seeing a new island put him on edge. His back straightened, putting his hands on the helm he steered his boat, The King's Eye, towards the small bump. His men working faster as they saw it as well.

When The King's Eye was postioned towards land he let go and gestured to his first mate to take the helm. He nodded to his crewmen before turning towards his room. His mind set on what lay ahead of him. He smiled as he entered his room, for a split second this emotion show on his face and in his movement, then gone.

He sat in his chair, waiting to be signaled that they had arrived, smoking from a pipe and drinking brandy from his mug.

66935_10151570330046020_319980313_n.jpg

Ullii was aware that today was the funeral of some government official who had been shot dead in the streets. But unlike her friends, and her Mother who had been eager to attend, the young inventor just couldn't be bothered. Another day, another death, another reason for people to revolt. And she had no intention of being there when things went to hell. For Ullii it was more important to stay in her workshop and tinker around with her latest creation.

Perhaps it wasn't that the blonde didn't want to watch the revolution, so much as that she could contribute in other ways. As the newest little invention was a cheap, ultimately easy to mass produce, steam powered gun. It would be easy for those in the slums to use, as they often times worked to ensure that the steam pipes were working.

Sighing to herself she looked out the workshop window to see people hurrying down the street, trying to make their way to work, or of course the funeral.

Ullii wondered if any of the scholars she had met when she was attempting to take interest in scholastic's were going to be there. How many people in this city actually cared about the officials life, or how many went to the funeral just to make sure he was dead. As gruesome as it seemed there were so many unhappy people in this world, who had the hard life that she would never experience. It saddened her, and she wished she could have the guts to rise against oppression. But she just couldn't bring herself to step outside her door. Not yet.

Peter O'Coolidge

Peter began to approach the building, but there he saw him, the Captain of the Red Gears, the man was a bastard, who started out from nothing, he was devout loyal to the medium and upper class, he met the man once, he preferred that his men stayed away from them, he was a tyrannical bast**** well he got the job done that's all that mattered to him and the leader of the Post Guard. Peter was lenient more of the time, he had to keep his distance, instead he knelt down trying to make sure he wasn't being spotted. Something was definitely up. He pressed another button on his suit and began to transmit through his radio.

" Gabriel..... Red Gears, something is up.... Head back to the Inner-city, I'll meet you there.... I'm sending Timber to go in closer, to see what was going on. "

Peter removed his finger off the button as he pressed another and watched as Timber take off into an Alleyway near the Steam System building. He was relatively close, but not close enough for him to be spotted, his suit emitting steam less and less as he stopped moving. He looked at the Red Gears captain as he walked into the building. He could speak to Timber, he was in range, as his suit was hard wired to the mechanical dog.

" Timber, see if you can get inside that building.... Don't get harmed, I don't want to put you back together again. "

Once Skev was inside the elevator, Joanna pulled down the lever with her mechanical arm to the sub-level and watched as the metal gates closed. She bit her lip worried for Harper. 'No, don't think that she'll be alright.' she thought to herself. Joanna let out a breathe as she adjusted her ivory bangs behind her ear, revealing to Skev the brass goggle covering one of her eyes and the leather bindings around her head.

"It won't be long tell were at the sub-levels." said Joanna. As it was by command they were at the sub-levels and the metal gates opened to a dim hallway. Exiting out of the elevator, Joanna picked up a lantern from one of the shelfs beside the eleavator entrance.

Harper Jones-

"It's common," She stated with a smirk at the large mechanical man, "If you weren't born here it's basically impossible for you to get around here without someone who knows the way. In other words..." She slammed shut the door so that his companions were outside and paced toward him, glaring up at him even though she was nearly a foot and a half shorter then him. Harper was a strong 5'5 after all and this man looked like he was almost 7 foot maybe more.

"Barging in here and ordering us around won't work," She said simply, "Why do you think the Government treats the way they do? Because they can't hire just ANYONE to work down here."

Skev politely nodded his head, his eyes never leaving the ground, he felt so very guilty for causing this much trouble to these poor people. All he wanted to was help....but he failed.

He felt the elevator come to a stop and followed Joanna out and noticed it was quite dark. He managed to see Joanna pick up a lantern to use as a light

"P-Pardon me....B-But why is it so d-dark in here?" He whispered nervously

Joanna turned the knob of the lantern and bath everything around it with its warm glow. "It dark because were in the Lower Levels, which are underground." replied as she began to quietly manuver her way around the pipes, stopping every once in a while for Skev to catch up. "How else did you think the steam travels through the city?" Joanna said with a playful tone.

Lord Gearheart

Growling his displeasure he sent a quick scrap-code message to his men to keep watch for anything trying to leave and then refocused on the small girl in front of him. She was much smaller but in here it was most likely a advantage when dealing with these small hallways.

Shifting his movements to a hunched position he moved stubbornly on forward until another steam-pipe vented. This one his his arm and his arm instinctively seized up and fired his gravity gun. The gun emited a bizarre thrum before firing a bolt of blue energy. The shot reflected off of the floor and hit his chest and he promptly collapsed and smashed into the ground. More Scrap-code emerged from his lips as he waited for the gravity affect to wear off.

When he could
finally rise he looked at the girl and spoke quietly. " I will need aid to get to Quarters the staff here. We have suspicions and reports of a hooded Noble moving through the population. Several of my men have seen glimpses of him only to lose him in the slums. We have suspicions that he is supplying weapons to the poor to fight in this 'Revolution'". turning he clamped the gravity gun to the mag-lock on his upper thigh. Maybe the reason she works here is BECAUSE of her size. She seems to be below the height that the steam ejects at. Gearheart looked around again and still had difficulty seeing with the steams thermal distortion.

Skev blushed, thankful that it was so dim that Joanna hopefully wouldn't notice "I-I am sorry I am n-not used to well..." He extended his arms out "this...O-Or talking to a-anyone for a c-certain amount of t-time...U-Unless it's someone I am h-helping and even than i-it is brief" He gave a short sigh and continued to follow Joanna down the dimmed hallway

Joanna tilted her head to the side as she thought about what Skev said. She couldn't fathom not talking to someone as she always had someone with her whether, it was her father or the other engineers. "Don't be sorry. You should aploligize for something so trival, its okay." She walked around the hallway passing a few doors on the way. "Um..Are you always alone?" Joanna couldn't help but ask.

Harper Jones-

"I've never seen anyone that gives weapons to the revolution," Harper state, not lying, "Perhaps your mistaken." Walking forward she dodged a bit of steam and placed herself between the large metal giant and the rest of the system. She was stubborn, that was one of the reasons why the men engineers allowed her to attend to visitors when they weren't around.

"And I don't like Postguards," She said simply with a shrug, "No one around here does, seeing as we are part of the slums as well."

Skev silently nodded at what Joanna said. Maybe she was right...But he didn't want to rude....He grew up always being polite. Even though he didn't have much of anyone around. He sighed once again as he heard Joanna's question and bit his lip

"I....I-In a way yes...I g-grew with my p-parents, my mother being h-how she is didn't allow me many visitors....S-She said it would r-ruin any independence I might h-have. I suppose as a birthrights son t-that was a issue of concern. M-My father wanted me to spent my time reading books and gaining knowledge through those rather than g-go out into the w-world. And I g-guess he was right...."

He paused for a few moment "I-I just messed e-everything up.....T-The only time I-I'm not alone is when I h-help the less fortunate..."

Scholar Wrath-

With everything over will and his speech taken care of, Wrath left his father's funeral without another word. He didn't bother to listen to the rest of the procession. There was no need to. Stepping from the gloomy building he started down the street, having business he needed to take care of. Wrath was a mysterious man, he had always been that way since he was a young child. He was often seen with a serious look on his face as he hurried about his business, not fazed in the slightest by the things around him. Today was no different. Placing his hat on his head and checking his watch he disappeared down the road.

"So much to do, so little time." He laughed as he rounded a corner.

1014239_10151571581446020_333153345_n.jpg

The King's Eye approached the island. In front of the ship was a port, small and effecient. His boat approached at a brisk pace, allowing the men at the port to ready for there arrival.

The front hull of his ship tapped metal as it hit the ports docking station. His men bustled about his ship, preparing storage for food and supplies, moving out of the way for Selleck to pass them. Selleck's eyes twitched as it had not been a new island, nor a new anything, the town on the island was falling apart, each house has bricks torn off and the people looked poor and very unkept.

He stepped off his ship and onto a platform, greeted by a man in a black suit and a bowler hat. "Hello sir, how long will you and your men be staying?" The man's enthusiasm was far over board compared to the people who usually greeted him. granted not allot of people wanted to know Selleck by choice.

"Not long. The crew is grabbing supplies and Captain Selleck will be stopping by the blacksmith. That is all." The first mate quickly replied for Selleck. The eyes of Captain Selleck grew with anger. His dislike of small talk and hatred of most men put him into rages when he spoke with certain people. The first mate Gestured for the bowler hat man to leave then pressed on to catch up with Selleck.

Te smithery had weapons lining the walls, scimitars, rapiers, guns, many weapons Selleck had no need to use. After a moment of searching he found what he was looking for. Steel arrows, he was running low and needed to resupply and this seemed like the best time to do so. Approaching the man at the anvil "I need all your steel arrows. Now!" His voice pierced the mans ears, the authority coming from Selleck made the man jump.

Lord Gearheart

Looking down at the girl he muttered disgusted scrap code and felt his body react as it realigned inner plating to protect against the horrid steam. " If i found out later the man was here next time i will not be so kind." He ground out. Turning he started to walk to the door. Just as he reached for the handle a steam node vented into his gun and it went into overtime and fired a grand total of seven times.

Swearing greatly a pair of shots hit Gearheart as he struggled with the malfunctions. Several shots began reflecting down the hall and a few more hit the prone form of Gearheart as the weapon finally stopped buzzing. His form crackled and lights buzzed on and off as his body reformed int general shape and struggled to handle the gravity fluctuations. Blue energy crackled across his form as the guns affect began to wear off.

Joanna turned back to Skev, "There's more to life than just books and please don't blame yourself. Its alright you couldn't figure this would happen." She stopped talking as her feet reached the third boiler room. She opened the door and peered inside, "Jay? Are you here?"

Harper Jones-

"Wha-!" She leaped quickly into a notch in the piping to dodge a blue fireball as the Gearheart's gun fired several times, "Control your damn gun!" She hissed coming out from the hole to see him having some difficulties. She sighed and swerved around him to open the door, hoping that he'd at least leave without causing her any more problems. She stared at him blankly, wondering why she was protecting a noble from a noble. It was rather silly of her but still, Skev had done nothing wrong.

"The only frightening person in this system is me," She stated calmly, "Unless you come for me, don't come back. I'm not interested in having Postguards at my front door just like you nobles aren't to keen on having one of us at your doors."

Skev looked down..."More to life than just books...?" He thought slightly confused, he loved his books...He paused when he saw Joanna open a door and call for Jay. I guess that was the name of the person he was requested to help

((Awh >_< actually I should probably go to sleep since I have a test tomorrow... You guys can go on as you want without me. I'll talk to you all tomorrow))

Users who are viewing this thread