SteamPunk Revolution.

Scholar Wrath-

"No need to be so formal, Skev!" Wrath laughed coming inside, "We are both scholars after all!" He looked around the boy's house, he eyes catching hold of his guest with an amused but curious gaze. A postguard? That was unusual seeing as Skev was a known helper of those in the slums. Well, at least Wrath knew but he knew a lot of things that were supposed to be secrets. After all, Wrath had a way of observing things unlike anyone else.

Lord Gearheart

( FOUND MY PERIOD KEY. YEA!!!!! )

Gearheart sighted. Many had attacked his men and been left dead in the streets. Those that did where equipped with only makeshift weapons. The weapons where mostly basic steam cannon shooting things like broken glass. The armor of the Red Gears was far in the superior class and withstood the hits without any damage. The primary concern was the generators mounted in backpacks and such running out of power. Thought each soldier carried a supply of enough to laugh off riots and such this continuous combat was wearing down the reserves. This made the packs power up and give off smoke. The soldiers now rattled and belched smoke as they walked giving them all the appearance of a great Clockwork army.

A backhand swing with his hammer left a man cratered into a wall. The hammer made a sound like thunder that carried for miles and although a solid weapon its primary purpose was fear factor. The distinct sound caused many to flinch and flee the wrath of the Postgaurd. The fighting had been minimal but had cost the slums some hundred people dead and twice that wounded when the Read Gears hit a waystation. It showed the signs of numerous fire bomb attempts and the Recruits that maned the wall style entrenchments seemed tired and worn. Gearheart made a note to supply the stations with a extra relief group of the most promising neophytes from the primary base. That way his troops did not make mistakes that would cause deaths. Such was a growing rebellion in the slums and worst parts of town. Such would and situation resolve itself.

"I a-apologize" He gave off a small chuckle of his own, as he walked over to his bookshelf searching for the book Wrath requested "Ah here it is" Skev said to himself as he pulled the book off the shelf and handed it carefully to Wrath "D-Do you plan on s-staying long?, I c-could perhaps m-make you something t-to eat if you wish?" He paused, giving another small smile "I d-do not wish for m-my guests t-to go h-hungry"

Peter

Peter smiled as he looked at the man and said out loud to him, offering his hand saying. " Hello..... The name is Peter, Peter O'Coolidge, Captain of the Marksmen.... " He was cut off for a second as he heard his radio echoing through his helmet saying. " Brother, something is going wrong in the slums, the people are attacking the Red Gears... What the hell is going on... I have the men on standby for your orders. " Peter gripped his fist a bit tighter as he pulled off a fake smile towards the man. He was getting angrier and angrier, he knew his men weren't just simply attacked. This situation was about to blow up. He looked at Skev his eyes filled with flame, but then he turned back towards Wrath and said. " Where was I..... Oh, Captain of the Marksmen, Post Guard, as you can tell by my suit and my weaponry, and well my dog here.... Timber. "

Skev jumped back and hit his bookshelf as he saw Peter's eyes filled with what could be pure hatred. Why was he so angry at him? He looked over at Wrath as he slowly walked to hide behind his book shelf mumbling something about needing to find a book.

Scholar Wrath-

"Interesting indeed," He said taking his hand to shake it, "Well, I hate to intrude when you have a guest. Skev, do come over some time for lunch. I'd like to pick your brain on this." He walked over as he talked then tapped the book with a smile before taking it and heading for the door. Before he left he pulled out his watch, reading the time with a smile back at the Postguard.

"Good day."

"Y-Yes o-of course I-I'll stop by s-sometime h-have a g-good day a-as well W-Wrath" Skev said rather loudly and nervously from behind his bookshelf not wanting to be left alone with someone who just stared at him with pure hatred.

Peter

" Tell me, Mr..... I don't know your name.... Have you heard of this supposed Revolution? " He chuckled for a second as he gulped down a glass of wine rather quickly, his anger slowly dissipating through his head. He wanted to discover who his true friends really were, and to really discover about this revolution as he didn't know much about it, other than the lower class wanting justice and equality. He could understand that.

Scholar Wrath-

He paused at the door and looked back at the postguard. So he was asking huh? The smile on Wrath's face faltered for a moment before he laughed and scratched the back of his head.

"Wrath," He stated opening the door, "And if there's stuff you'd like to know about the revolution. I'm afraid I can't help you just yet."

Peter

Peter had a smile on his face slightly as he looked towards Wrath. " Heh, don't worry, I may be a post guard but I promise I won't do anything. " He looked at the man chuckling a bit as he looked down at Timber saying again. " We won't hurt anyone, now will we boy?!? " He watched as Timber let out a loud bark somewhat, with his tongue sticking out.

Skev slowly peeked his out from behind the bookshelf, still nervous about the glare Peter gave him. Looking around, he tightened his grip on the side of shelf biting his lip nervously

Scholar Wrath-

"Now, what on earth do you think a scholar, like myself, will know about a revolution," He said questioningly, "What do you think I have this for. I'm planning on learning by myself." Wrath held up the book, showing it to the postguard before glancing sideways at his dog then Skev before returning his eyes to the street in front of him. He had things to do, people to see.

After esorting the Post Guard and Skev out of the Steam Building. Joanna walked towards her room and settled down on her desk. She tested the joints in her mechanical arm as they were slightly stiff during her shift. Joanna looked closely at the gears and brass the was her arm before preforming basic maintaince.

Harper Jones-

She watched at they disappeared into town, her eyes wandering along the horizon before she turned and went inside. Joanna had gone to take care of her arm leaving Harper with nothing much to do other then head to her room as well. The Steam System was a channel of underground passages with the only real exit being the large Steam House that they were currently in. The House was basically the main building of everything. It was were visitors came and wet, the orders were delivered, and the main quarters of basically ever Steam Engineer that there was. Of course not everyone could be in the Steam House, most of the Engineers had other living quarters in the actually Steam System which were general living areas for everyone stationed in that area.

"Area F, Sector 4," Harper said aloud, "Why do I have to be all the way over there." She sighed and flopped down on the small bed, her eyes staring up at the plain brown ceiling as she thought. Area F was the section of Steam System underneath Upper Street and the richer section of the city, Sector 4 was the most important of them. It was also the farthest from the Steam House and the darkest part of the underground network. She dreaded it but no one else would go on such short noticed. She was leaving tomorrow.

Lord Gearheart

The recruits manning the wall where nervous. Those that showed that they knew no fear where the only ones that stood at attention with heavy weapons. For he only trusted such things to those that would keep firing if the world around them started ending. And such it may soon for them. The recruits here bore weapons along the lines of Tesla and heavy firecannons. There had only been a pair of mob style attacks and they had left no bodies behind. The current load-out used all non-lethals as the Heavies where inside the compound on the secondary walls.

Gearheart was pensive. The other captains hated him and had reported no attacks and yet here he was getting small groups with weapons attacking him. He was the Anti-Riot/Rebellion company. His men where trained to deal with this. Why attack him if there where companies like the Marksmen or the company under Peter. That man seemed to especially hate him. HE caught himself thinking a single dark thought.
Have any of the other Clockwork Terrors survived? Or am i truly the last?

Peter

" I give you no reason to fear me or to hate men, I just wish I stood up for what that man done back there. " Peter continued to ramble through his mind questioning himself, and if he should of stopped the madness. He gripped his head slower and slower as he paced slowly and grew increasingly angry. His thoughts constantly running through his mind about his father, and the others. He knew that his job one day may lead to someone else's life or death.

Users who are viewing this thread