• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Stealing the Spotlight [goldieloxx][yousmelldead]

apolla

โ› it's only love, nobody dies โœ
giphy.gif

Name: Evangeline Harper Rivers
Nickname: Evie

original.gif
Name: Richard Colson Baker
Nickname: MGK, Colson

Evie Rivers.

I'm a demon in the night
She's an angel with the white
Told me keep on all the lights
I'ma show you what you like
Help you put back on your clothes
Make sure nothing's on your nose
Ain't even tell my closest homies, nobody knows

I hate that I saw you again last night
You were with somebody and so was I
Met you in the bathroom at 12:05
And I fucked you again
We can never be friends, yeah, yeah, yeah

The words to the song still echoed in Evie's mind as she rolled over in her bed, her eyes fluttering open and then closed again. What was that noise? Ugh, god. With a soft groan, Evie felt around in her bed, under her pillow and throughout the blankets until she found her headphones. Music was still blasting through the headphones that were connected to the iPod classic she'd found on the facebook marketplace for fifty bucks. iPods were definitely not in style anymore, but the classics were still damn expensive. Worth it, though, especially considering she'd just picked up a new job as a social media manager for Machine Gun Kelly.

What the hell kind of name was that, anyway? Finding the iPod connected to the headphones, she opened her eyes again, staring at the picture of the guy beside the name of the song. He wasn't bad looking, and Evie could understand why his fanbase was as big as it was. She'd done her research, after all, she wasn't going in completely blind. Though she'd never listened to his music before last night, she'd downloaded all of his songs that she could find and apparently listened to them until she fell asleep. Her notebook and papers were strewn across the bed and the floor as well from where she'd knocked them off during her slumber.

Her gaze automatically flicked to the time in the upper right hand corner of the iPod, reading the numbers three times before her head snapped up. "Oh, no. No, no, no." Nearly throwing the iPod across the room, Evie threw back the comforter and propelled herself from the bed. She hadn't even fucking showered. What happened to her alarm? Her head darted this way and that, finally locating her phone on the table beside her bed. Snatching it up, she navigated to her clock app, finding that she hadn't even set the damn alarms. "Fucking christ." Throwing it back on the bed, she spun on her heel and tore her clothes off on the way to the bathroom.

She wasn't even in the shower long enough for the water to warm up. Shivering and freezing, she shut the water off after a quick wash and stepped out of the tub. Realizing she'd forgotten a towel, she groaned and yanked open the bathroom door, flying through the hallway stark naked to make it back to her bedroom before her roommate saw. Wouldn't that be a great show first thing in the morning? Practically slamming her door shut, she found an old shirt and dried herself as best she could before pulling on a new outfit. Black bra, white shirt, and a sweater overtop paired with a leather skirt and a pair of kitten heels. Not too tall, but tall enough.

Finding her brush, she yanked it through her hair as she snatched her duffel bag off the ground, thankful that she was at least mostly packed for going on tour. If she hadn't packed at all, she would have definitely been screwed. She snatched papers and notebooks off the ground and bed, stuffing them back into the duffel. Her iPod followed, and by then she'd at least gotten rid of most of the tangles in her hair. Tossing the brush inside as well, she flipped her hair over her head and gathered the dark brown locks, pulling them into a tight bun on the top of her head. Straightening, she glanced in the mirror to make sure there were no huge bumps before she turned back to the bag on the bed.

Zipping it shut, she grabbed her other bags, her phone and her keys, giving the room a quick onceover before heading out. Once outside, she threw her bags into the trunk of her little Toyota, practically jumping into the drivers seat. Shoving the key into the ignition, she started the car and within a few seconds, was backing out of the driveway of the townhouse. A quick glance at the clock told her she had enough time to stop for a latte, which she desperately needed after how the morning was going. Finding the nearest Starbucks, she noted how long the drive-thru was and opted to go inside.

That proved to be a mistake. Though the line wasn't long, they fucked up her coffee but instead of asking them to remake it, she just decided to suck it up. But as she was turning away from the counter, someone bumped right into her, and the iced vanilla latte spilled all over her sweater. "You've got to be fucking kidding me." Staring down at her ruined sweater and the puddle of ice and latte on the floor, she just threw the cup into the trash can and stomped out of the building. Getting back into her car, she started out of the parking lot, but didn't see the curb and ran right over it.

She heard the sound of her tire popping but prayed it was something else. The sound her car made when she drove to the corner of the parking lot, though, told her otherwise. She shifted into park and got out, phone already in hand to call a tow. And an uber. But after she called the uber, she realized that her phone was at 3%, and her charger? Plugged into the wall beside her bed. "I swear to all that is holy..." For a second, she just stared at the phone, but then sent a quick text to her roommate begging him to take care of the car for her. She wouldn't get to see his response, though, as the screen went black just after the message sent.

She waited impatiently for the uber to show up, transferring her bags to the trunk of the car when it finally showed up. Giving the driver the address, she glanced down again at her sweater. With an annoyed huff, she tore it over her head and stuffed it into her purse. When grandpa finally got to the address she'd given him, she thanked him and got out, grabbing her things from the trunk and starting towards the building where the tour bus was parked. She heard the uber leaving and glanced over her shoulder, missing the hole in front of her until it was too late. She stepped right in it, and down she went.

The heel of her shoe broke, but that was the least of her worries. For a moment, she considered just staying there on the ground, hoping that someone would just run over her and put her out of her misery. But after a moment of pouting, she gathered herself and stood, grabbing her bags and heading for the door on uneven shoes. Shouldering the door open, she glanced around the empty foyer, looking for someone. Anyone. Someone must have heard the door, though, because a male popped his head out of a room down the hallway. "Evangeline?"

Hoping she didn't look like the mess she felt, she paused. "Yes?"

"Oh, good. Sam said you'd be here. Though he said you'd be here at ten." They both glanced at the clock on the wall, and Evie grimaced when she noticed that it was going on eleven.

"It's been a rough morning, I'm sorry." Evie hated herself for being late, but the guy didn't seem bothered at all.

"Well, the star isn't even here yet, so no worries. Go ahead and get your stuff on the bus, and he should be here soon. I'm Kit, by the way. I do sound." He grinned at her, then pointed down the hall. "Bus is out back, through the double glass doors. Go on back." He disappeared back into the room then, and Evie just sighed, starting in that direction. She found the bus easily, and started towards it.

As she neared, a woman hopped down the steps, grinning at Evie. Evie recognized her as Nikki, the woman who had hired her. Feeling relieved to find a familiar face, she waved at Nikki, who greeted her with a hug when she was close enough. "Good to see you, Evie! I was afraid you'd changed your mind. Go on, get up there. Set your stuff down, take a load off."

They both ascended the steps into the bus and Evie set her things down out of the way for now, turning back to look at Nikki. "I saw a guy in there-- Kit? He said that-"

"That Colson isn't here? Yeah... that's not surprising. He'll show up at the last minute, like always." Nikki waved off Evie's concern, sliding into one of the seats at the table, gesturing for Evie to do the same opposite her. "You look like you've had a rough morning, Evie."

Exasperated

tour bus

nine lives

nine lives

mood

flying high before nine

get the f*ck on the bus

outfit

tags

MGK

colson baker

"Yeah.."

There was a slight pause on the other end of the line, followed by a soft laugh. "I'll fly you out soon baby, I promise." The words were soft as they came out of the blonde's chapped lips, a cigarette burning in between his forefingers on his right. Casie was the one and only love of his life. His baby girl. Who wasn't so much a baby anymore but in Colson's eyes she would always be that.

Blue eyes moved quickly to the pile of sheets that had started to move on the large hotel bed. Fuck. Quickly saying his goodbyes, he ended the phone call with his daughter while rising off of the stool he had been sitting on. He had to be on the tour bus in about an hour which was never enough time in his book but this wasn't anything new to him. Richard Colson Baker was late to everything.

"Kelly, come back!" A soft voice rose from the tangled sheets, followed by a laugh and a quick, 'yes!'. Colson let out a yawn, pressing the end of the cigarette to his lips once again before putting the smoke out altogether. The two girls had popped their heads up from the sheets, makeup running slightly on each of their cheeks as they held their hands out in an attempt to get the male back in bed. Fuck it, honestly who was he kidding? He had an hour to kill and it could be a few days before he got laid again.

_________lonely, lonely, even when the room is full__________

An hour was not enough time.

The blonde had just about fought the two animals off of him to get out of the hotel room. Had he even checked out? Fuck it, they would figure it out. Colson pressed another cigarette to his lips as he sprinted down the alleyway to where he knew the tour bus would be. Thankfully the bus would be packed with clothes because he had lost his shirt in translation apparently.

Colson pushed his thin body through the double doors, barreling into the building with a shit grin on his face. "Here I thought we wouldn't see you for at least another hour." Kit's voice rang through the singers ears, causing a soft snort to come out. "Funny, really you are." The males each held their hands up, smacking the others for a quick moment before Colson disappeared down the hallway to where the glass doors were.

Two hops up and Colson had made it onto the bus, his long legs not budging for a second. The bus was customized for him, taller than normal tour buses were but he was 6'4" for christ sakes. "Nikki I didn't know you had a teenager." Colson moved past the two on the bus, reaching over Evie in one swift motion to get his hand in the mini fridge. His chest pressed firmly into the girls cheek as he snatched a bud light from the fridge. Popping the can open, Colson leaned back from Evie and the fridge taking in a long sip before shaking his head. "I'd kill Casie if she wore something like that. How old are you, like twelve?"

nine lives

Evie Rivers.

Hearing Nikki comment on how Evie looked like she had a rough morning almost caused Evie to break down and cry right there. She reached up to run her fingers over her hair, noticing that she felt bumps that had certainly not been there when she made the tight bun earlier that morning. She'd been through so much since then that it felt like this morning had been eons ago, not just a couple of hours.

But despite Nikki's motherly words, Evie wasn't about to break down and look weak in front of her. She didn't want Nikki to regret giving this job to Evie over someone else, someone who might be a little more qualified. Evie had a love for music and the music industry in general, but her little associates degree didn't stand a chance against someone with a bachelors or even regular old experience.

But all of that aside, even if Evie was going to talk to Nikki about her morning, she wouldn't get a chance as the star himself chose that moment to board the bus. "Nikki I didn't know you had a teenager." At his words, Evie's head snapped in his direction, but he was swift. In one fluid movement, he was in front of her, his chest pressed to her cheek as he grabbed something from the mini fridge behind her.

The blush on her cheeks darkened from the skin to skin contact, even as he leaned away from her. "I'd kill Casie if she wore something like that. How old are you, like twelve?" Her jaw dropped, and she looked down at her outfit, remembering the sweater that had originally been a part of this outfit. "It wasn't planned." She said through gritted teeth, looking back up at him. "And no, I'm not twelve. I'm twenty-one, thank you."

Shifting her gaze towards Nikki, she silently pleaded with the woman for help, but she either pretended not to notice or actually didn't. She quickly dipped her nose down, looking at her phone screen as she scrolled through something. Narrowing her eyes slightly, Evie looked back at the star, deciding to try to make the best of this. Pushing away from the counter, she approached Coleson, sticking her hand out. "Evangeline Rivers. I'm your new social media manager."

Exasperated

tour bus

nine lives

Users who are viewing this thread

Back