• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Mayali

Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Invention of the first supercomputer began humanity's obsession with conquering nature. Each new age brought that goal closer to reality. Humans became more dependent with each technological advancement, until their creations alone supported life on Earth. Such bred overconfidence that wouldn't let them see the fault in this situation. This situation crumbled fast when that AI governing the new nature shut down, plunging Earth's ecosystem into stasis.

Society crumbled with higher levels crashing through ground structures. From that ruin rose two civilizations, the space station Atlantis orbiting Earth, where their technology and food supply still thrived. All they lacked were minerals found on Earth.

While below, Humans became scavengers wielding 'ancient' tools, being those whom Atlantians used to gather supplies. The situation led to an extreme division in education and beliefs, with Atlantians considering themselves gods over Earthlings. Those on Atlantis took on god names and preserved some knowledge of the old world.

Atlantian advancement in spiritual and genetics created an elite guard wielding various superpowers. Their current Commander possesses telekinesis and enhanced physical capabilities as an example of what is possible. And, to ensure devotion, Atlantians would brainwash anyone volunteering for the program. Hence how things have been in the 437 years since the Sky Fell upon Earth.

Recently, some Atlantians have begun going rogue and fleeing down onto Earth. Some among these new inhabitants are charitable, while others turned out to be selfish, seeking notoriety they couldn't find back on Atlantis. If that was all that changed, the Elite Guard would've had no trouble hunting down said deserters. Unfortunately, another unknown now roams through these remains of civilization, creatures that seem like some cross between machine and energy.

Atlantians - Regular Atlantians don't have much reason to descend planet-side. An occasional businessman checking on their ground workers, an occasional pilot bringing said businessman down. That is about all who might descend. This group will have genetic enhancement, like enhanced strength, speed, or altered physical appearance, but no mental/spiritual powers.

When descending planet-side, their ships land off the coast on platforms that rise like an oil rig to be above water. From there, Atlantians merely use their hover ferry to cross over into the secured terminal on land. Earthlings aren't allowed near that Landing Platform or within 100 feet of that terminal.

As for leadership roles, the Station Commander is at the top of the food chain. It is an inherited position that has elected council(wo)men who'll lead if said Station Commander's absent. These council(wo)men oversee separate aspects of the Station when they aren't filling in for the Station Commander. There is a Council(wo)man of commerce, Council(wo)man of maintenance, etc.

---

Elite Guard - These are the brainwashed defenders of Atlantis. What memory they have from before normally revolves around anyone they once considered a close relative. Such as parents or siblings. Additionally, they have undergone spiritual and genetic alterations that gave them extra superpowers.

While regular Atlantians have just physical changes, Elite Guard also have stuff like Telekinesis, Telepathy, Astral Project, etc. Their duties include ensuring station security, protecting all the supply lines and handing unruly Earthlings. As such, they are more prone to go planet-side.

Ranks run from recruit (freshly brainwashed) up to the Commander, who is assigned by the Station Commander when that position opens up.

---

Earthlings - Just your everyday dystopian Humans trying to survive planet-side. Despite knowing how to navigate their world, they don't have superpowers and are somewhat behind technology-wise. That landscape is predominately multilayered cityscapes that collapsed into ruin 437 years ago.

Humans have done enough repair work to keep what remained from collapsing as nature grew back out of crumbling sidewalks. Decorative trees still stand along either side of what were once holographic roadways. They weren't regular trees, but ones that Humanity cybernetically enhanced, linking them into that AI. Many of them died after their cybernetics ceased functioning. Nature, however, showed its stubborn side when these scant few hung onto life.

Any records documenting Human cybernetics were lost with Sky Fall. Stories born from ancient gossip suggest scientists never fully started trials to create cybernetic Humans.

Current Earthling 437sf tech is a cross between Mad Max vehicles and more slow-firing firearms, like muskets, cannons, shotguns. As in stuff that will need reloading after one shot and nothing rapid-fire. They do have some slightly advanced from modern-day tools that Altantians gave them to help harvest resources for Atlantis.

---

Rogues - These are Atlantians or Elite Guard who have come home to roost planet-side. Any powers they have are dependent on whether they were regular Atlantians or Elite Guard that found some purpose outside protecting Atlantis.

1) Follow RPNation Rules
2) Players should be 18+ and semi-literate. There are no posting-length requirements.
3) Be active, post at least once per week
4) 1 character per player until we see how many are joining
5) RP setting is in the ruins of eastern America.
6) I reserve the right to add more rules if it becomes necessary

Last edited:
This is certainly interesting, I should ask what is the current technology age and factions of that back on Earth… well, before the apocalypse occurred and Earth was put into a state of chaos. Like, are ground dwellers running about in old fashioned gear wielding ‘out of date’ firearms and in small settlements of scavengers or raider groups

This sounds very interesting! Similar to what Lazaro asked above, are the earthlings working with Horizon: Zero Dawn-style stuff, prehistoric weaponry but made from bits of machines, metal, and relics of the old world? Or is it more firearms and such?

I was just writing a little update to the Groups spoiler to address that. But I'll give a short answer here to address the current 437sf Earthling tech.

Earthling tech is a cross between Mad Max vehicles and more slow-firing firearms, like muskets, cannons, shotguns. Stuff that must be reloaded after one shot and nothing rapid-fire. They do have some more slightly advanced from modern-day tools that Altantians gave them to help harvest resources for Atlantis.

Hey, thanks for the interest! Do you have any questions about anything with the setting or to do with planning a character?
I have a few Atlantean character ideas but wanted to run them by to see if they’d fly at all-

My first character idea would be something like a propagandist, spreading the message of Atlantean superiority to both their own race and the earthlings down below, perhaps in charge of providing all kinds of messaging or someone who researches the psychological aspects. Another character idea would be an Atlantean who’s “fascinated” by earth culture and who would try to befriend/meet Earthlings for that express purpose. Do either of these seem to fit the setting?

I was just writing a little update to the Groups spoiler to address that. But I'll give a short answer here to address the current 437sf Earthling tech.

Earthling tech is a cross between Mad Max vehicles and more slow-firing firearms, like muskets, cannons, shotguns. Stuff that must be reloaded after one shot and nothing rapid-fire. They do have some more slightly advanced from modern-day tools that Altantians gave them to help harvest resources for Atlantis.
Ah, very interesting. Already I’m getting an idea for a Earthling who is a leader of a raider-like group (essentially just going and and grabbing much-needed supplies from others as well as leaving some folk alone if they were to offer tribute) who has the mentality of ‘all individuals must provide fulfill a role that furthers the survival and betterment of the group’. I do have some ideas relating to said group, like, what if they were to have an repurposed ‘pre-world’ APC from some compound or were to dislike the Antlantians for living up there in ‘paradise’ while they are stuck down there in ‘hell’ on Earth

I have a few Atlantean character ideas but wanted to run them by to see if they’d fly at all-

My first character idea would be something like a propagandist, spreading the message of Atlantean superiority to both their own race and the earthlings down below, perhaps in charge of providing all kinds of messaging or someone who researches the psychological aspects. Another character idea would be an Atlantean who’s “fascinated” by earth culture and who would try to befriend/meet Earthlings for that express purpose. Do either of these seem to fit the setting?
Ooo! Propaganda! Yeah, a propagandist would fit with the setting, the second one is a little more unlikely but still possible. Though with the Rogues now being around the second would probably be labeled as a potential future Rogue by his/her fellow Atlantians.

Oh boy, Mad Max goodness sounds right up my alley. Definitely thinking up an earthling hunter-gatherer-forager, I'll let you know if I have any other questions!

The groups section of the original post is updated to have the extra information. Let me know if there are any other questions.

The Character Sheets and OOC threads are posted.

Ah, very interesting. Already I’m getting an idea for a Earthling who is a leader of a raider-like group (essentially just going and and grabbing much-needed supplies from others as well as leaving some folk alone if they were to offer tribute) who has the mentality of ‘all individuals must provide fulfill a role that furthers the survival and betterment of the group’. I do have some ideas relating to said group, like, what if they were to have an repurposed ‘pre-world’ APC from some compound or were to dislike the Antlantians for living up there in ‘paradise’ while they are stuck down there in ‘hell’ on Earth
It is possible they may've found an APC, either in some former military facility or museum, but if it wasn't found early and upkept, it would've taken a little while to restore it in this day and age.

curious got an idea for possibly an over-ambitious gunsmith attempting to recreate an old weapon they managed to get half broken blueprints for

Could I be a Rogue Atlantlean/Elite Guard who fled Atlantis to avoid prosecution (crime), now hiding among the Earthlings to try and escape detection?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back