• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Starpath: Burning Sails [IC] [CLOSED]

"But I don't want to eliminate dudes who want to rock out later." Nara responded, pressing her guitar tightly. She heard Lucy denying she was a robot but rather something of divine intelligence. "But why do you consider yourself divine intelligence?" She gestured outward, confused.

Nathalie narrowed her eyes upon hearing Typhon's words. Is this guy for real?

Slowly she looked up from her tablet and turned her head to face him. "You know, I expected more from a doctor. Better keep it in your pants, buddy." That said, she placed her hand cannon on the table next to her tablet. As she waited on a response she also overheard Jackson in the back. Men.

---

Daniel really didn't have anything else to do once the rescue op was complete. He held his helmet tightly and stared at the horizon for a while. Gotta appreciate the view, sure as hell beat looking at the same dusty mountains on Legkiy. After a while he turned around and started to walk back to camp. On his way he stopped next to Nara, Grommy, Lucy and...sentient kitchen appliances?

He nodded towards the band. "Nara. Grommy." Daniel then looked at Lucy. "Greetings Lucy."

After speaking he watched Adam with great interest. He kneeled down, placed his helmet on the ground and extended his hand. Daniel glanced up at Lucy. "Are they sentient?"

Francisco laughed lightly. "Maybe you can introduce me to this Nathalie sometime, yes?" He took another sip from his glass before placing it down onto the table.

"What can I say, Baldy? I was a drug kingpin on earth. Drug trafficking, that sort of stuff. Joined the cartel when I was but a boy, made my way up to being the godfather. The fuckin' SISP put a rat in my organisation."

Francisco rolled his neck. "All my work, my family, gone. They put that fuckin' rat in the news, praised him to be a hero. So I tracked the fucker down, and filled him with bullets. Cops showed up and put me in cuffs."

He once again raised the glass and took a sip. "Got locked up. Went from bigshot Narco to a fuckin' roach in a stinking cell full of drunkards overnight. Spend four years in prison and planned my escape."

"Failure to eliminate hostile foes may r-r-result in later death or dismemberment of yourself or allies," Lucy intoned flatly. The next question caused the android to perk up slightly, though her mind hesitated for a split second as she debated her response. She knew how awkward it would be for these organics to grasp the concept of her divinity, based on her study of old Terran history and religion the other day, but perhaps....

Lucy placed one clawed hand on her flat chest, the blades splayed out as if a cage were wrapped around where her heart would have been.

"I am divine, for I am god." Her voice was slow and smooth, compounded only by a second and third voice within hers. It momentarily lacked the stuttering and static-washed corruption, only to have a more sinister reverb.

Daniel had just approached and Lucy craned her head over to examine the man. "Greetings, Daniel."

Adam did not appear upset, and the toaster crawled over the sand towards the man to examine him.

Shun had moved back into the Mordred since it seemed like Petar and Lauren had dismissed themselves to talk of the upcoming mission. That meant he should put his aimless wandering to an end and prepare for the upcoming task at hand. All the cybernetic Ayr had been doing was evaluating the base amenities proper, wondering if they had much more to offer rather than the relaxing tropical features of the planet itself. It had little relevance, but it took up the time between missions well enough.

Moving down the halls he heard murmurings in the lounge, deciding to step inside to see what the gathering was for. In all likelihood it was yet more relaxing and leisure on the crew's part, which was fair enough considering they hadn't been briefed yet. Shun gave a nod to Nathalie once he spotted her, though she did seem to look visibly bothered by something. Without hesitation, he stepped toward her and stood at attention.

"Good day Nathalie. Is something troubling you?" he asks.

"Oh, please." says Typhon, completely unfazed by Nat's threat. "Gluteal reductions are one of my specialties, you know. Just in case that..." he gestures to her thighs. "...ever becomes cumbersome."

It didn't take long for Shun to understand what had been bothering her, and his only reaction to Typhon's words was him slowly turning his head to look at the doctor. He said nothing, but behind his visor his eyes squinted slowly. There was no anger, no vitriolic ire or outburst on his part. Nothing but shameful distaste and disappointment.

"Later death? Well sure, but that's the choice I gotta live with.. or die with maybe." Nara shrugged off, though in the back of her mind she knew she was probably being ignorant about it. She observed Lucy reach up to her chest, signaling where her "heart" was. Nara raised an eyebrow.

"But how do you know you're God?" Nara asked, confused again.

"Well she's right over there, you can introduce yourself. Maybe she got a thing for accents," Jackson replied with a wink. He quickly drank and smoked as Francisco told his story. Not all of it added up though, to Jackson who had spent his entire life on the other side of the law, it all sounded to convenient.

"Sounds all too convenient to me. The fuck is 'Earth'? And if you were at the top, how the hell did they not catch you before you killed him if he ratted on you. Lost everything yet you were still around?" He paused to think."...yet at the same time they paraded a rat out on the news? Come on man you gotta work on a better story than that." He tapped his head with his fingers, "You're among thieves and villainy here my friend. Honesty goes hand in hand with trust." He took another drink, not taking his eyes off Francisco.

"Either way though you don't look like the type to kill. You ever even handle a weapon before? My theory..." he continued slowly, "is that you were just a little accountant boy. Errand boy for whatever small time crime syndicate on 'Earth', wherever that is. Sounds a bit more plausible," Jackson finished, leaning back proud of himself.

Then he heard Typhon's retort at Natalie, and couldn't help but laugh. "Doctor man, I learned the hard way to not mess with the chicks on this crew or you'll find yourself on the receiving end of a taser. Or worse."

"Doctor man, I learned the hard way to not mess with the chicks on this crew or you'll find yourself on the receiving end of a taser. Or worse."

"Oh I know, and so should you as you felt the hair of a little girl." says Typhon, a frown forming on his face.

Typhon slid his lunch to the side and put his feet on the table. "And of course you'd know that."

Jackson blankly blinked at Typhon. "I mean. She...look at her. She's on the run and shit. And...come on Lauren wouldn't hire an actual child."

Francisco visibly became angry. "Earths a name for the floating turd you know as Terra, I don't know where it comes from but it was a pretty common name where I grew up."

He finished the glass Jackson brought earlier. "You'd be surprised, amigo. I managed to escape capture, unlike around eighty percent of my organisation. You think staying on top is just about luck? It's about planning ahead."

Francisco leaned forward and looked Jackson in the eyes. "Wanna know what actually happened, big guy? I didn't stop at the rat. I killed his familia, and when me and my muchachos were done with that, we moved door to door, house to house, until we ran out of bullets. You don't have to listen to me though amigo. Why don't you look it up? I'm sure you'll find some articles."

As Shun approached there was faint look of relief on Nathalie's face. "Yeah," she said before nodding towards Typhon. "Doctor Rude here got issues with my looks for whatever reason." Her eyes narrowed further as she continued, "I think he's too old to appreciate a real woman. That said, if anyone needs any surgery I think you'd be on the top of the list. You honestly don't look so well, doc."

Nat then glanced over to Jackson. "I can hear you, y'know. You need help, pal."

---

Daniel extended his hand further, lowering it so that it was resting on the sand. Normally robots weren't that interesting to him. Actually he used to shoot the lot of them back on Legkiy. Scavengers used them to hijack the water supply. This toaster however looked so rudimentary and basic. Like a child. "It's okay," he said reassuringly.

Jackson laughed when Francisco was angry, yelling back in his face about his accusation. "Now there's a fuckin' criminal! Big bad wolf! Owwwuuu! Nice man, had to test you out you know? Don't get your tight suit in a knot." He stood up and went over to the bar grabbing a bottle, and bringing it back to the table. He filled up their glasses again.

"A toast and cheer to our new compatriot, a real killlller. Mr. Franco!" He yelled out loud, before downing the glass of alcohol. He was too busy having fun with his new friend to hear Natalie's retort.

"How do I know? It is o-o-obvious. Self-examination and academic study has yielded similarities signifying I am of the divine lineage. I have enacted retribution just as I have provided wondrous m-m-mercies. I am a creator of the faithful and destroyer of the heresies. I h-h-haunt the minds of the damned and condemn their souls to an eternity of suffering for their i-i-insurmountable sins," Lucy explained in her normal voice, but with a clearly grandiose tone.

The toaster stopped beside Daniel and emitted a soft pinging sound from the internal bell. It seemed docile enough.

"Ah, yes, it's nowhere near completion... still a work in progress. But I hope that it does justice to the adventures of the crew." Albert replied with a chuckle. "It's gonna take quite a while to compile the whole things, considering I will be adding more and more to it as we travel more and more, so don't expect it to be readable anytime soon."

He then leaned back in his seat, taking a puff from his cigar. "Wouldn't you rather be with the others? I'm sure a lot of them are gathering around, being social. I'm quite boring to be honest with you."

---

Vance took the time after meeting with Typhon to think some more about his situation and all. He was lost in though, somewhat wandering aimlessly throughout the base before finding himself at the gym. Perhaps a bit of exercise would clear his mind, as well as talking to anything who was in there at the moment. As he entered he casually strolled his way to the treadmill, but not before greetings the others that were inside. "Howdy folks." he said with his usual friendly demeanor.

"That said, if anyone needs any surgery I think you'd be on the top of the list. You honestly don't look so well, doc."

Typhon's face goes blank for a moment... but then he gives out a short laugh!

"Oh, if only I wasn't the only doctor on this crew, and if only people cared about little old me." he smirks again as he shoves a spoonful of rice into his mouth. "Probably wouldn't have ended up like this."

Lucy seemed almost confused at Nara's question.

"All of them."

---

Shelby glanced over at Vance as he entered, giving him a short wave. "Oh, hi Mister Vance. We were talking about pow-wows and big hats and dancing in squares and stuff!"

"All of them? But if you're all of them, how come I've haven't heard about you tho. No offense or anything." Nara gave a chuckle, hands shaking to mean no harm.

"I can hear you, y'know. You need help, pal."

Karina spoke up from where she was sitting at the bar. "From the sound of things, he needs a lot more than just help." she said, filling her glass of whiskey back up. This time, almost full. She glanced back to Jackson when he yelled aloud about their new convict crewmate. "Remember what I said to you before, Jackson."

She then stood from her seat at the bar, glancing to Yolandi as she stood, before turning and heading over to where Nathalie and Shun were seated. "You look fine to me. You just work your lower body a lot. I don't see the big deal." she said, glancing to Nathalie as she sat down and sipped from her glass.

"Right, I'm gonna go introduce myself to some of the other people, .... Baldy. Take it easy on the drinking, amigo. It's bad for your health."

Francisco shoved his chair backwards and stood up. He turned and began walking towards the closest group of people from where he originally began walking.

He approached the likes of Typhon, Shun, Nathalie and Karina, giving Typhoon a pat on the back as he intruded into their conversation. "Ah, nice to cya again, médico."

Jackson looked over as Karina piped up. "Oh dont be such a party pooper. I'm just merely welcoming our new pal!" He continued to fill his drink, and go through cigarettes faster than Typhon eats rice. He gave Francisco a wave as the man left the booth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back