• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Starlight Records

Vali Ulfr

The Battle Slain Wolf
The Music industry is booming with talented youth and classic artists. Starlight Records shines that light on finding great artists for pure enjoyment. Starlight Records is always looking for fresh and talented voices. Not a singer? No problem, we have a instrumental program where you can be placed into a band according to your instrument that you play. We will be holding auditions tomorrow, so please come and join us. Step in to the Starlight and shine brighter than them all. Who knows you could be the next biggest thing.

basically this rp is about a record label and the artists under it. you can have colabs, rivals, drama, Love? etc... honestly there are a lot of things that you can do.

if anyone can make this longer that would be great. I just want it into at least 2 paragraphs. at the most 4
OOC
CS

Last edited:
Alister sat down in the lobby with all the other people trying out. One by one they called names to audition. The lobby was a trail mix of different kinds of people, some groups, duets etc... he could feel all the mixed emotions floating around in the lobby. "Alister Jayion. repeat Alister Jayion you are up." a Alister stood up, grabbed his guitar and walked through the door.

When he walked through the door he stood before five judges. One of them asked "What style of music are you doing?" A slim woman on the far right asked
"I'm here for the instrument program."
"lets hear it then. We don't have all day" a sturdy looking man on the left asked.
Alister readied his guitar and began playing. his fingers moved fast and naturally as if they were raindrops hitting the floor.

As it came to a finish the judges looked at each other and started whispering. "thank you. you may go."
that went well Alister thought to himself

(your audition is a one full post. once everyone has posted then I will make a npc post.)
Kyon Kyon LindsMagee LindsMagee MoxxyMoxx MoxxyMoxx Aio Aio hitman654 hitman654 RoseElf RoseElf Rebecca Juliano Goldstein Rebecca Juliano Goldstein @Million rivie rivie SincerelyAstrid SincerelyAstrid

Thomas remained seated as the boy to his left, presumably Alister, stood up to go in for his audition. He offered a brief smile to Alister, unsure if he could actually see it. After a few minutes he re-emerged from the audition room. He seemed rather pleased with himself and Thomas was subtly glad for him - even if they were competing it was good to know that everyone was putting on a good show. He'd rather lose entirely than feel like he'd only won because of his opponent's mistakes.

"Thomas Brecht? Repeat Tho-" She was cut off as Thomas stood up, offering the lady with the clipboard a small smile
"That would be me" he smiled again, following her into the audition room.

Thomas sized up the five judges before him, he could tell at least 3 of them were instrumentalists - with 2 of them being able to play the piano. He breathed a small sigh of relief, if there were no pianists here then his piece would likely be unappreciated.
"I'm here for the instrument program" he said softly as he stood in the centre of the room.
"OK Mr" there was a brief pause as a female judge looked through a sheet on her desk "Brecht, lets hear it"
Thomas took a seat by the keyboard, it mildly irked him that they had decided on a keyboard as opposed to a full piano but he supposed he could bear it. With a small crack of his fingers he began, his fingers dancing over the keyboard, playing his own song: 'Fires of a Revolution'

The judges simply looked at him as he finished. Unsure whether this was a good or bad sign he hurried out as soon as they said the words "Thankyou, you may go"

Soo Yun sat in her seat. She had left her phone at home and was bored out of her mind. She watched two boys go up for their auditions. She tapped her feet. It felt like she had sat there for hours. "So Yen Riyoo?" The lady with the clipboard said. She had butchered Soo Yun's name terribly. Soo Yun made a split second decision and said "I prefer my nickname, Echo Grace." It was stupid, but nobody could mispronounce Echo Grace. Her school friends always called her Echo Grace, none of them could pronounce Soo Yun. "Well follow me." The lady said. Soo Yun followed her out of the room.

Soo Yun looked over at the judges, before fixing her top hat and pushing her blonde hair out of her eyes.
"What are you here for?" One of the judges asked. He looked like an instrumentalist.
"I'm here for the singing program!" She said excitedly.
"Well start already." Another judge said.
Soo Yun's face flushed red.
She began to sing as loud as she could. She breathed between lyrics heavily. She was terrified. She was singing a song by her favorite group, Blackpink. She could speak Korean, just not well. She should have paid attention when her parents tried to teach her.

When she was finished the judges said "Thanks, you can go now."
She felt this was a good sign as she quickly excited the room. She had always had a big ego.

Last edited:
c a l i t h e a k u n z i t e
[/CENTER]
c9f527e3c2048b05870c5ef1d8d885c1--sweet-fashion-crazy-fashion.jpg
Calithea sat down in a chair far away from everyone. She didn't want to be seen by her competition in such a nervous state. She pushed her bubble gum pink hair out of her, eyes took a deep breath and looked into her little compact mirror to check if her makeup was okay. It was fine, practically 10 lbs of setting spray worked wonders. She took off her rollerblades and placed them next to her. She changed into a pair of pastel pink converse which she had cleaned this morning. She tapped her foot anxiously and waited for her name to be called. She noticed a short, pale haired girl exiting the audition room, she had a big smile on her face. This worried Calithea as the girl had a very similar fashion sense to her, she worried that the girl would be accepted and she wouldn't because they'd have already found their next "alien", so to speak.
"Calithea Kunzite?" A stern looking woman with a clipboard said. She looked back down at her clipboard.
"Is there a Calithea Kunzite here?" The woman asked.
Calithea hopped up, grabbed her roller blades and followed the woman.
"Th-that's me, ma'am." Calithea gave an awkward smile.
"Well, come along." The woman nodded at her.
Calithea followed her into a room with more stern looking faces. Calithea assumed they were the judges. She took a deep breath.
"What will you be preforming?" One asked as he raised an eye brow.
"Errrrrm, I-I'm a singer, and I'm gonna be singing 'Sweater Weather' by The Neighbourhood." She explained.
She took another deep breath, grabbed the microphone and began to sing her heart out.

"Okay, you can leave now." A judge said. Calithea assumed that because of this, she did terrible and would never get a music career.
She left the auditioning room, hunched over.

i n f o;
Mood: NERVOUS

da686ec72112519595e4c58f11d6641a--sparkle-lips-glitter-lipstick.jpg
216992923f41607461ed6cfbc5524fbf--smokey-eyeshadow-metallic-eyeshadow.jpg
tumblr_static_filename_640_v2.jpg
il_570xN.596658460_hn8y.jpg

coded by @lorde

Kai James Clarke

'Kai Clarke. Repeat, Kai Clarke.'

Kai stood with his guitar in hand. He smiled and walked to the audition. This was his chance to finally make it. If Kai was rejected here, it would only conclude that he isn't the kind of person any record company would want. That was fine though; he'd make it someday. He walked up to the judges. He muttered a quick hi and the judges responded;

"Mr Clarke, may you state why you are here?"
"I'm here to be in a band. I wanna take over the world," he stated confidently. It was a big dream but he wanted it so much he could almost taste it.
The judges replied rather harshly, "Well let's hear it. We don't have all day."

He breathed to compose himself before singing and playing 21 Guns by Green Day. He wanted to have a good time and try and make it perfect. He knew he could do it. After the song he smiled and thanked the judges for their time before leaving. He hoped he'd get in.

x
Salome looked around the lobby at the various artist inside. Going therough the song she had chosen in her head, humming along making sure she had all the notes. Was she nervous? Of course she was, who wouldn't be. She was unable to sit still, jiggling her leg as she looked around. Chewing nervously on her thumb nail, a nasty habit she unfortunately could never seem to break.

That's when she heard her name, well something close to her name at least. "Salome? Salome A-Aoi O-" Before they could finish Salome was already up and walking towards them, brushing off her jean jacket as she walked. She gave off a confident smile, although her smile often looked like a smirk. Her eyes glancing over at everyone before raising her hand for them to stop calling her name. "I am here. I'm here." Her thick accent making it's self known. "Follow me." Salome nodded as she followed them away from the group.

Ushered into a room she turned to face the judges, giving them a smile as they spoke. "Can you tell us why you are here today Miss.Ochoa?" Salome smiled, grabbing the microphone with one hand, feeling comforted by its familiar shape. "I'm here to sing. Plain and simple." She spoke rather matter of factly watching the judges as none of them ever actually looked up at her, causing her to purse her lips. "Alright Miss. Ochoa. Show us what you got." One of the male judges gestured up to her as the others flipped through the paperwork on their desks. "Can I get a chair?" She looked off stage as one of the stage hands dragged out a wooden stool, dragging it right behind her. "Thanks." She nodded to the stage hand, sitting down and dragging the mic closer to her.

Hearing the start the music Salome couldn't help but smile, closing her eyes as she started to sing. What felt like hours only took a few minutes, opening her eyes she made eye contact with all the judges before their eyes retreated back to their paperwork. "Thank you Miss. Ochoa. You may wait in the lobby." Salmoe nodded, hopping off her chair before making her way back into the lobby. This was it for her. If she didn't make it then she would be stuck waiting tables at some greasy dinner for the rest of her life.

3128ddaa0d1270b092a91bf4a235a5ba-flower-bouquet-2-by-vexels.png

Salome Aoi Ochoa
aka Sal

9b1894b3309954c53c212a45f85ab5e9 (1).jpg
Mood -- Nervous
Location -- Lobby > Audition > Lobby
Wearing -- Worn Jean Jacket, White Cream Knit Crop Top, Flowy Printed Pants

T A G S

Everyone

Coding by @Starfish

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread