Starlight City and the Children of the Comet (Supers in 2035)

Katie Tate

The Tate Residence

Tuesday, Mid-Morning

August 7th, 2035

Katie was pacing. Normally this wouldn't bother anyone, but she was pacing through every open space in the house. She had been pacing for about two hours now, and her parents and brother were getting fed up with it. Her mother called out as she breezed by for the hundredth time, "Katherine Allison Tate, can you not just sit still? I just want you to be safe here at home! Stop taking your grounding as an attack on you, and for the love of God, please stop acting like a child!"

Katie came to a stop in front of her mother, looking her directly in the eyes, "Mom, I'm nineteen years old. I'm not a little kid anymore, and do you not think I could escape someone trying to kidnap me? Seriously, I'm not eight years old anymore. You can't protect me from the world. Just let me go out." She crossed her arms and stood her ground, even though her mom had used her full name.

With a defeated sigh, her mother's shoulders slumped, "Alright, just promise me you'll be careful and wear all your pads and helmet when you're outside." Before the sentence was finished Katie was in her room and changing in a blur. Less than a minute later, she stood again by her mother, in her full gear, with her helmet under one arm. "I promise," Katie said as she hugged her mother and kissed her cheek, "Thank you." She walked to the door and waved before putting on her helmet and zipping out into the city.

Last edited by a moderator:
163 looked at the message that was delivered into her PDA.

She then proceeded onto getting up, and walk away from the "Observation" room.

She had a room in her hideout witch had a wall with a one way glass.

On the other side of the glass, where the "dolls".

( A bit explicit gory content ahead )

These, "dolls" were 4 humans, two men and two wemen.

These poor peapole were victim of the "dollmaker" a surgeon on the deep web witch kidnapped peapole and then turned them into living dolls by amputating they'r arms above they'r elbow, and they'r legs above they'r knees. Then he proceeded onto removing the toungue and theeth. He would then

put prostetics onto the thumps of the patients. Once the survery was over, they were basically dolls. But then the psycological part began, in witch they were manipulated into not talk, and not resist, and they were basically transformed into dolls both physically and mentally.

163 would keep them in that room, with 2 men doing as "babysitters" and getting them onto the toilet, feed them baby milk, as they had no theeth, didnt move much they didnt need much nutrients to stay alive.
163 then proceeded onto going into the armory.

Random Alley

Tuesday, Early Morning

7th August 2035

Nathaniel glared down at the girl dwarfed before him, size rocketing above her own. With a swift motion, he flicked his mask up. Shortly after, he replied "Is it too Jason? It's too Jason, isn't it?"

BB Brooks

Random Alley

Tuesday, Early Morning

August 7th, 2035

Blythe narrowed her eyes at the man and sighed, crossing her arms over her body. "Creepy is what it is. People are getting abducted, there's a fucking robot vigilante on the loose.... Do you really think it's a good idea to be running around in a mask?" She rose an eyebrow, pointing to the mask as she mentioned it. Blythe recognized the giant from school, at least, she thought she did. Then again, he knew Miko, so she guessed she was probably right. "Anyway, if you're looking for that girl, you're probably not going to find her so close to campus. People put in way too much thought to kidnap her, with the flashy weapons and stuff... they're not gonna hold her up in such close proximity to where she was captured..." Blythe paused, thinking. "Or might they...? Huh. That would actually be pretty brilliant!"

@MassDefect

Rooftop

Random Alley

Tuesday, Early Morning

August 7th, 2035

The robot watched the man and woman below interact. It captured a few images of their faces and then rose to shift it's positioning, a small stone falling from the rooftop to land on the top of a closed steel dumpster half way down the alley. From four stories up it, even though it was no bigger than a dime, the stone let out a raucous 'Clang!' on impact and ricocheted across the alley to land in a small puddle with a 'plop'. The robot moved in an almost alarmed way as it began backpedaling, although if they looked up they would catch the shape of a figure retreating.

@MassDefect @sodeviousxo

163's Data Pad

Wednesday, Mid-Day

August 8th, 2035

The data pad, given when 163 accepted her assignment, buzzed angrily in her pocket. It buzzed again as she pulled it out to look at it and green text began to form on the screen:

TARGET: ANGELINA ROSANNA DELMAR 'ROSIE'

HEIGHT: 5'4"

WEIGHT: 120 LBS

RACE: LATIN AMERICAN CHILD OF THE COMET

WORK: BARTENDER AT BELOW ZERO, PART TIME STUDENT AT STARLIGHT UNIVERSITY

LIVES: PYRITE APARTMENTS, UNIT 460

TRAINING: NONE KNOWN

POWER: SPATIAL BENDING TO CROSS DISTANCES

THREAT STATUS: GREEN

1444938381_hallowen%20bartender.jpg

A black rose image formed as it had before, and then the data pad went dark.

@The Black Rainbow

Katie Tate

Streetside

Tuesday, Noon

August 7th, 2035

As the morning winded onwards and and noon rapidly approached, Blythe felt as if she was being watched. At one point she swore she saw a man in armor watching her from a nearby rooftop, and again from an alley. The weirdest part of it all was that the figure was devoid of thoughts. She'd even concentrated in the direction and gotten nothing. It was about ten until noon when a black and pink figure dashed by her, causing a wind to ruffle her hair and clothing. The armored speedster came to a halt some fifty meters past her and turned to dash back to Blythe's side. "Oh hey, I was looking for you! I stopped by your house and they said you went out. Nice folks, was that your sister? She seemed mad at you, did you have a fight? Anyhow, she left while I was talking with your Grandma. Where have you been all morning?"

@sodeviousxo

Blythe was just minding her business when a gust of wind swooshed past her in the form of black and pink. Then she was met by that overly friendly Katie girl. Pulling the earbuds from her ears, she rose her eyebrows at the girl, holding two hands up as she asked a thousand questions at once. "One at a time, please." She said dryly as she fumbled in her pocket for the music player. She hit pause and wound the cord over the device before stashing it away once more. "Yes, she's my sister. And yes we had a fight. I told her I hope she got abducted just like that violinist girl from our school." Her expression remained uninterested. She then held up a hand, feeling that Kate would have something to say. "I know, I was a dick for saying it. I really don't want her to get abducted. It's my humor, I guess." She motioned forward and continued to walk in the direction she had been journeying down.

"I've just been around town... you know, getting out of the house. Considered going to school but I can hear the chatter from there..." Blythe trailed off, shooting a short glance over at Kate. "What I'm trying to say is, I know there's going to be a lot of people buzzing about this whole kidnap thing, and I'm not really wanting to sit down and listen to it. Or be stopped and asked every couple of minutes 'Oh, my God! Did you hear about Mitsuki?'... Or whatever her name is." Even if she sounded cold, Blythe really didn't care. Gossiping really wasn't her thing and
everyone seemed to do it. After awhile, it was hard to just be around people. Then, something Kate said registered in her head and she stopped, turning to look at the girl. "Wait. Hold up. Why were you looking for me?"

Katie Tate, Blythe Brooks

Streetside

Tuesday, Noon

August 7th, 2035

Katie bounced in place as she listened to Blythe's answers, "Well... I had hoped you'd wanna help me. Like maybe you could tag along and we could *do* something. Your sister wanted to *do* something to help, but she's not like us. She doesn't understand. I mean we had to register our powers and get special ID's and everything. Even though we're not supposed to *do* things, I think we should, ya know what I mean? You ever tried getting better with your gift? I do, almost every day. Think about it, our gifts have to mean something. They can't just be some inconvenience in our lives. We should make a difference too. Am I right?" She half frowned already expecting an answer she didn't want to hear from the dour girl.

[media]
[/media]
@sodeviousxo

Blythe Brooks

Streetside

Tuesday Noon

August 7th, 2035

Blythe laughed at Katie. "Do something?" She asked, raising an eyebrow. "Listen, if I wanted to get tangled in that mess, I would have been far into it already. But I'm not interested. I have enough school work and regular work and quartet practice and headaches as it is. Literally. My hands are full. Sorry, muchacho." With a sigh, Blythe continued on her way, starting once again to unwind the cord from her music player. "You know, Katie... they're only gifts if you look at 'em that way. I don't have superhuman speed, I can't travel from home to school in a blink. That's not how it works for me. I hear all the ugly that people really think. I hear the things they want to say. I've heard so many unsaid things that people really ought to have said - the kind of things you know they regretted not saying before saying goodbye to someone they love. I hear thoughts that make me sick to my stomach. I'm not..." Pausing, she turned to face the girl, pointing at her from toe to head. Blythe sighed. "I'm not a bouncing ball of energy... I know better to get caught up in something I can't handle... And this? This 'gift'? It isn't something I want to improve on. If anything, I'd rather much find a way to get rid of it. It's not a gift, dude. It's a curse." 

Katie Tate

Streetside

Tuesday, Noon

August 7th, 2035

Katie became still and her lips formed into an O and then a frown before nodding her head. "I see, you'd rather sit stagnate with your ability with no hope of ever overcoming the headaches and controlling it. I figured you'd be smarter than that. Guess I was wrong. Oh, and it's only a curse if you let it be. Even mine has major downsides." She slowly turned from Blythe, "I guess I'll see you around. Read the papers if I'm gone for long. Might not make it, but damn if I'm not trying." She shook her head slowly and began walking away, each step a little faster.

Blythe blinked and sighed, watching as the girl took off. Exactly who did that girl think she was? Well, whatever, she was gone now. Blythe stood and stared until the girl was completely out of her sight before turning away and heading for the park nearby her home. She needed a few hours to literally clear her head and just enjoy the sunlight - something she had not done in what seemed like forever. As she approached the park, Blythe parked herself until a large tree that provided a lot of shade, and stretching out, she stared up at the little specks of blue sky that peeked through the mass of dark green leaves. As much as she tried to shake Katie's words or the girl herself, Blythe was finding great difficulty. It wasn't the words, she didn't think... nor was it the girl herself. It was something else she couldn't quite shake off. Was it guilt? Nah. Probably not.

After a few hours passed, and the sky started to darken, Blythe packed up her belongings and headed home. The house was dark when she arrived and she unloaded everything she was carrying on the ground by the door and headed into the kitchen. She found her grandmother there with an unfrosted cake and a pile of pancakes, bacon and a plate of scrambled eggs. "Breakfast for dinner kind of night, huh?" Blythe asked as she plopped down, pulling the earbuds out of her ear. She immediately sensed her grandmother's worry but quickly dismissed it. That woman was always worrying about something. "Where's Marcia the Martian?"

Blythe's Grandparents

The Brooks Residence

Tuesday, Evening

August 7th, 2035

Grandma Brooks tried not to think about it, but the fight between her granddaughters had her concerned. A bit of her worry was lifted from her shoulders when Blythe entered the home and she gave her a loving smile, "Welcome home. You and your sister always liked breakfast for dinner, so I thought I'd surprise you both with it." She set the table and hummed softly. A few moments later she asked, "Have you seen Marcia? She said she was going out for an hour or two, but hasn't come back or called us. I'm sure she's alright and will be home any moment with a dead phone. She always forgets to recharge it. Bless her heart." With the table set and food ready she called into the house, "Dinner is ready, come eat you two." With that said she moved to sit at her usual spot at the table, but was ready to dole out portions for everyone.

Grandpa Brooks shuffled in an e-book in one hand and a coffee cup in the other. Sitting down he looked at Marcia's empty spot. "Not back yet hmm?" He then turned his attention to Blyth, "How's my favorite granddaughter?" He gave her a wink and a nod. "Your friend came by earlier looking for you, the bubbly girl.. what was her name again... redhead, freckles, pink braces."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back