• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic STARGATE

Error 420

One Thousand Club
maxresdefault.jpg

• Picture, if you will, a device. Unearthed from some ancient temple years ago, but now it stands dormant, silent, in the darkness of obscurity; a US Air Force bunker in the National Radio Quiet Zone, West Virginia. The silence of the bunker is broken by a lone airman, taking his earbuds out of an old CD player to allow the song "Boogie Shoes" to ring out through the device's expansive hangar. He rises from the lawn chair in which he was relaxing and stretches, before moving around the room and humming along. He turns on a flashlight to inspect the concentric rings of the device closer as he taps his foot to the rhythm. He brushes the dust off of one of the runes along its inner ring and comes in closer, only to be quickly greeted by an intense low humming from the device. The CD player abruptly stops as the center ring of the gate begins to rotate, locking in place as one of the chevrons around its ring lights up orange. The airman takes several steps back as it speeds up, each chevron clicking and glowing a brighter orange. Then, as the top chevron finally activates, the device goes silent, just for a second. A brilliant burst of light as a blue plume like a splash of water appears in the center, pulling back in. What remains is a perfect circle of glowing blue water within the ring, sparkling with light and slowly moving in circles and waves.

The airman turns to the far side of the now illuminated hangar, running for what appears to be some sort of large radio. He reaches for the microphone, turning to look over his shoulder to see a disturbance in the surface of the vortex. A man, clad in traditional ornate golden armor steps out, carrying a curved sword. He speaks, grunting at the airman. "Surak tut! Tast'e nowanea? Takotsa nowanea?"

The airman fumbles for his gun, holding it up to point at the stranger. The stranger sighs and quickly draws his own, an ornate futuristic weapon, and fires. It sends a bolt of lightning into the airman, causing him to seize and fall over. Your view of the scene fades into static as the man walks away from the gate.

What you have just witnessed does not leave this table. It is strictly need-to-know and pertains directly to you. It is up to you and you alone to locate this man and assess if he or this device is a threat to the United States or to Earth. Godspeed, soldiers.

This is currently open (as of 7/31/18), but first-come first-serve. I'm taking a max of six players for the moment, and there's already been two character sheets made and accepted.

Last edited:
just cause I know that at least two of you are busy, I won't worry you with character creation for like six days, but I will be putting up a CS thread within the next two days. If anybody else is still interested, please don't be afraid to join, and if any of you think you know somebody who'd also be interested, don't be afraid to give them a shout.

Does everyone basically have to be army related or do you have a spot for scientists and suchlike

Yeah. They'd need to be related to the Air Force somehow, like in NASA or Air Force Medical or are hired consultants. There are members of the air force there as mathematicians, engineers, and scientists as well, and it is possible your character was reached out specifically for this mission if they are an archaeologist or physicist who may know something about the gate.

Its not closed yet
Yeah. They'd need to be related to the Air Force somehow, like in NASA or Air Force Medical or are hired consultants. There are members of the air force there as mathematicians, engineers, and scientists as well, and it is possible your character was reached out specifically for this mission if they are an archaeologist or physicist who may know something about the gate.
So I can join this?

So I can join this?

It is closed for the moment. If someone ghosts before we start sure, but I want to keep it down to at most five players. Go ahead and make a character and if in about a week there's anybody I don't hear from or if anyone quits, I'll go to you.

It is closed for the moment. If someone ghosts before we start sure, but I want to keep it down to at most five players. Go ahead and make a character and if in about a week there's anybody I don't hear from or if anyone quits, I'll go to you.
UNLESS

you're all interested in making this into a hosted project and extending this to multiple games with multiple GM's, which I'd be down for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back