• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy starcrossed and bloodcrossed- the great divide.

rainywrites

Rainy writes but dislikes fights
mala mala
Bee had a favorite tree stump, in the woods. The woods were a thick border between her world and the humans. She knew how far she was allowed to go. The girl didn’t want to be a problem. And she knew her father and mother would be able to smell the human on her. So as curious as she was about the human world, she knew to stay away. Still, she liked playing in the forest, reading her books on tree stumps. It felt close to the humans. And sometimes… every so often… she’d dig up a human relic, from before humans had by and large left the forest. She didn’t even know that it was technically illegal for them.

It was around ten pm that the noises started. That, of course, was midmorning for Bee. But he investigated. There were humans. She could smell them. Partying and yelling and blasting music. What was happening? Her eyes widened as she looked at the whole scene, before ducking into a car. The oddest part was: nobody seemed to notice. They were all too interested in their solo cups and their music. And what beautiful music it was! She just wanted to listen forever to it, sitting in the back of the car where nobody would notice her. What harm could this do?

Apparently… a lot. Because eventually, someone approached the car, and Beatrice ducked down, flattening herself against the floorboards. The car was moving, and Bee couldn’t say anything. She wasn’t hateful of humans, but she certainly knew that they were dangerous. She didn’t want the driver of this vehicle to be mad at her and kill her. So she stayed quiet. When they stopped, she looked up. They weren’t even in the forest anymore! “where are we?” she spoke in quiet wonder, looking out the window. She couldn’t even register, really, that she’d be alerting herself to the presence of the girl who she shared the car with. Because… well. She’d never been somewhere like here before. It felt so different from the vampire kingdom, of which she was the princess.

Was this the human kingdom?

It was Friday night and, to sixteen year old Ava, that meant party time.

Much to her parents' dismay, Ava was quite the party animal. She spend most of her weekday nights hanging out with her friends after school causing trouble and during the weekends they would throw parties and do other things that kids her age really shouldn't be doing. A lot of things she managed to get away with - she was the president's daughter after all. Her father allowed her to do a lot of things that she wouldn't have been able to do had she been a regular teenager.

The only rule was that she wasn't allowed to go anywhere near the woods. But at that age, rules were made to be broken. So on Friday, Ava and a few of her friends decided that they would throw a party. Right in the middle of the woods.

And it was great. More people turned up than she expected but that just meant twice the fun. The older kids brought alcohol and cigarettes and Ava gladly took part in those activities even though she knew that her parents wouldn't be happy. Oh well, she thought, at least I'm keeping myself happy. In all honesty, she was surprised that nobody called the cops. The music they blasted was loud and vulgar and the shouting and laughter coming from everybody was even louder. Still, it was lucky that they didn't get caught.

The night drew in and the sky got dark. An eerie feeling came over Ava - it made the hairs on her arms stand up and she got goosebumps. She felt like a wimp asking to go home but something about the night made her feel uncomfortable. Thankfully, her best-friend Alex, who had driven her here, had stayed sober all night and was down to leave too. Being friends with Alex meant that she could avoid the embarrassment of having to call up her dad to ask for a lift home when she was clearly drunk. Ava was so preoccupied with this eerie feeling in her stomach that she didn't even realize that somebody was inside of Alex's car when they got in. God knows how the boy didn't notice either.

They drove all the way up to Ava's home, a large family home a couple streets down from the White House, without noticing a thing. It was only when the car came to a halt that they heard the girl.

"Where are we?"

Ava almost screamed. She pressed her body against the car door, trying to move as far away from the girl as possible, and her eyes widened.

"Who the hell are you?" Alex asked sharply, "and what are you doing in my car?" His tone was protective and Ava was thankful because she wouldn't have been able to utter a single word if she were alone.

The girl looked slightly younger than Ava and she didn't recognize her from school. She had captivating eyes that Ava struggled to pull away from. Who was she?

Beatrice heard a blood curdling scream from behind her, as if she had any blood. she didn't, but the loud noise was disorienting. she didn't like it. she didn't scream herself, but her head whipped around, and her eyes were wide as she looked at the two humans in the front of the car. "I... I..." she could see the human girl, at least, being sucked in by her eyes. she didn't love that power, but it was useful in this moment and she couldn't deny it. usually it was to help her find prey. but she wasn't hungry. her captivating eyes served another purpose. it meant the girl would listen...

"I'm not going to hurt you, please don't scream, love." she didn't know quite what to say, but she didn't know what else to do, so she spoke. she allowed her power to wash through her eyes over the other girl, even though she felt awful about it. she turned to Alex, when he spoke. "I'm beatrice... please don't scream. I was just listening to the music... and then you drove away... i'm sorry to have been in your vehicle."

she looked down, nervous. she really hated using her power like that, and disconnecting eye contact would sever it. at least they'd been quiet for a moment. was this when they killed her? she'd heard humans killed people like that. "please don't hurt me..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back