• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Star Wars

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
That was all it took—reminding the man where Kylo himself stood. It did little to ease Kylo’s anger though as he watched the man scurry about to deliver the orders himself. ‘They still think of me as nothing compared to Hux.’ Which was frustrating. He had so much more power than Hux, and so much more field experience. Hux was just a glorified General born of a man who had served under Darth Vader. ‘Under.’ Kylo reminded himself.

Yet he shared power with him.

“See that you do not,” Kylo said, voice testy.

As he left, Kylo let out a breath and shook his head, his frustration showing through in the expression, before his attention was caught by the hologram. He glared at the figure that ruined his work with the message, but then canted his head slightly to the left as the message was delivered. “Someone tried to assassinate Hux?” He spoke aloud, before he snorted at the mere idea. Someone tried to assassinate Hux, with Mira present?

If they weren’t all dead, Kylo would be surprised. “Yes, it has been,” Kylo agreed with Paquin, hardly realizing he was doing it, “I suppose you may need to help Hux if he is injured,” though it was said they were fine, that didn’t mean they had escaped all injury. “I imagine he’s anemic,” most gingers were. At least, Kylo had that stereotype in his head. “Is he?” He decided to ask.

Decent blackmail, he supposed.

~***~

Mira raised her eyebrows, used to having the mask cover her expressions, at Hux’s declaration that a broken rebel returning to their base was a good idea. “As you say,” again, she did not question it; she was useful nearby, if Hux needed a bodyguard, or Jedi mind tricks.

Or Sith intimidation. ‘Not so intimidating without the mask.’ As she thought of it, her gaze shifted back into the rooms. Her mask was going to be drenched in poisonous gas. That caused her to bite the inside of her cheek and bite back a curse. “I will come with you, most of my things are in the ship already,” she informed, and strode back into the room.

In truth, all that she had with her was the mask and the black attire. She brought little with her, and her luggage had remained untouched on the ship. She hadn’t detoured back to it while they had been here, lest she leave Hux unguarded. In so many ways, she thought, she was a good knight in the old sense of the word—when Knights protected Royalty. ‘If Hux is royal.’

Mira picked up the mask and scowled at it and the poison. ‘Damn it.’ The urge to throw it against a wall was there, but she took a deep breath, and exhaled slow.

She was not the one who threw tantrums. That was Kylo.

Mira held her helmet loosely in one hand and made a note to scrub it clean when she got the chance. She met the General near the doorway once again, the bodies of the prisoners already removed, and she gestured for him to lead the way to the ambassadors.

Last edited by a moderator:
<p>

Kylo Ren was a confusing man. Going from angry, to casually conversing with Paquin in a flash. However, she didn’t dwell on it. “I may. And Mira as well. If they let me.” Hux had a tendency to steer clear of Paquin and the medical wing, not caring much for his health apparently. Calling it a waste of time. And from what she’s heard, it didn’t seem like a Knight would be too keen on getting inspected, either. There was a high possibility that her only patients were going to be Stormtroopers. But, nevertheless, she’d give it a shot.<br /><br />

Her eyebrows furrowed at his assumption, finding it unusual. “Not that I’m aware of. He probably doesn’t have a very healthy diet, based on his appearance. It’s possible he may have an iron deficiency. I’d know for sure if he ever came to a check up.” She rolled her eyes. She’d sent the General many messages asking him to come to one, only to be snapped at. They weren’t required, but it was still a good idea. She would have contacted Kylo about him getting a check up as well, had she not been terrified of him. She was able to cross Kylo off of her list after Starkiller, though. <br /><br />

One of these days Hux would end up in the med center, she was sure of it. 'Maybe it will be cause by his undiagnosed anemia.' She would have laughed, but anemia was a serious disorder. It was no laughing matter.<br /><br />

The halls outside of the command center had begun to fill with people, the bustle being heard from behind the metal doors of the command center. The Stormtroopers were probably off to prepare for the raids, and there were probably lowly officers preparing for Hux’s arrival, although that wasn’t for a while yet. “I expect the both of us to be pretty busy soon, I’ll be needing my datapad back. Hopefully I won’t be removing too many names from my files.” She commented, shifting awkwardly. She didn't like talking or even thinking about the dead, the lives she couldn't save.<br /><br />

-<br /><br />

Hux returned to the front room, Mira joining him soon after. He observed the helmet in her hands. He hadn’t expected her to have much, so it wasn’t surprising that it was the only thing she carried. He himself didn’t bring anything other than what he wore on his back and a few miscellaneous items. His hand briefly gestured to the helmet, “We can have that cleaned back at the base, if you’d like.” No doubt it was doused in poison. He then swiftly turned out of the room, not waiting for an answer as he led her through hallways.<br /><br />

He made his way to the meeting room they were in the previous day. The guards standing outside the door were doubled, meaning the ambassadors must have been in the room already. He knew his face held a sour look as the guards stopped the two of them, searching them. Hux’s blaster had been taken away, and he suspected that they were going to confiscate Mira’s saber for the time being. They allowed Hux into the room, beginning to search Mira. <br /><br />

The diplomats had been chattering, but all conversation ceased as soon as Hux opened the door. His eyes roamed over the group of men. They all looked disheveled, due to the early hour. Their eyes all seemed settled on Mira, holding confusion. It took them a second to recognize that it had been the Knight from the previous day. The old man spoke up after a few moments of silence, “Apologies, General. We’re not sure how the Resistance managed to slip past our surveillance.”<br /><br />

“After the attempt this morning, we’re hesitant to be allied with the First Order. The Resistance is much more bold than they used to be, we’re not certain that we’ll be safe.” This time it was a younger man, one that Hux hadn’t heard speak yet.<br /><br />

Hux’s jaw clenched, his next words chosen carefully. “I’ve told you the deal, and you can choose to accept it or not. We’ll get the technology we need either way.” It was a threat, but it sounded like he was implying the First Order didn’t need their alliance to get on. 

</p>

“Mira won’t,” Kylo stated, imagining somehow that Hux would be easier to convince. Still, he thought Paquin might be one who could convince her. There was something calming about the medic that Kylo Ren found he would disappointed when she had to leave.

Which, of course, would be soon.

Unfortunately the medic had no blackmail on Hux, except that he had an unhealthy diet. “Well, that explains a few things,” Kylo clicked his tongue on the roof of his mouth, disappointed. He was going to have to deal with the General soon, and Kylo knew that the man would not be happy with the way Kylo just hijacked everything and took over.

It was so easy though.

That poor Lieutenant General was going to take hell for it, but Kylo didn’t feel any guilt. He wouldn’t have felt guilt standing up to Phasma, either, though she likely would have made his life difficult. Small blessing, then, that she was gone away to something else.

At least things were moving. Kylo could hear it and feel it. “Ah, of course,” he quickly transferred the information from the datapad to the actual computer. He still needed the information, after all. He then unplugged the datapad from the console and offered it to her, “Most should live. I have tried to organize it to suit their talents,” some would die. That was how war played out.

Still, Kylo did not wish death upon any of them. Part of it was selfish—they were all assets to his goals, after all, but there was still enough human care to him to not want life wasted.

~***~

“Do not worry, I shall clean it myself,” Mira commented when Hux suggested having it cleaned on the base. She would not let anyone else do it; she was agitated enough having to leave without it on. She followed, head bowed, and eventually tugged out her braid to let her hair mask her face by falling over her cheeks.

‘Inhale.’ There was no one who would recognize her. No one here, anyway.

Still, her green eyes darted, looking for faces she might know, up until they reached the ambassadors where both she and Hux were asked to stand still to be disarmed. Mira flinched at the first approach, her temper starting to finally burn, her nerves fraying. Hux went on ahead, and Mira dared to snap, “Do you think I will need a weapon if I wanted to harm the ambassadors?”

Lightning flickered at her fingers, enough of a sign to the guard that no—no she would not need her saber—and with that spike of fear from him she shoved the saber into his hands and walked ahead, still clinging to the helmet in one hand.

She lifted her head higher once she was in the room with the ambassadors and felt their eyes upon her—the oddity without the mask. ‘Did you think I was even real?’ Sometimes, she wondered if they thought the Knights living at all, or just droids.

Mira took heed of how Hux phrased his next words. She knew they were a threat, but they were not yet pointed. So, Mira added, “If you let fear cow you, you will be easily taken over by the Resistance, and you see now that they are an unprepared, bold, and foolish lot. It was no difficulty for Hux and myself, alone, to deal with their ill-planned attempt to assassinate us, though they had poisoned the room and were prepared outside the door for us,” Mira commented, “The First Order has resources to protect you, and the ability to train your own citizens to protect you.” No, their citizens would be trained to serve the First Order. Besides the point. The lie would last until they could take over.

<p>

“I’ll still offer.” She shrugged. “The message didn’t specify anything about the attack or either of them, so they may not need my help at all.” She was curious to find out what happened to them and how they survived it. No doubt there would be rumors floating around, but those would be exaggerated. The First Order seemed to love gossip. <br /><br />

Paquin would stick around until the General and Mira returned, but she was wary to do so. Hux wasn’t very kind when he was relaxed, she was sure sure he’d be pure evil upon arriving and seeing Kylo’s handiwork. He’d be furious for a multitude of reasons, and she didn’t want to get caught in the middle of it, just for assisting the Knight. She wasn't sure if she'd be a target of Hux's anger, but she was preparing herself in case she was.<br /><br />

The medic grabbed the offered datapad, mumbling a ‘thank you’. “One can only hope. The troopers are capable, but so is the Resistance. We’ll see what happens.” She quickly dropped the subject after that, “I’ll send an updated file to this computer after everything settles, in case you need it. I don’t think Hux will willingly share much information with you. I don’t know if you’ve noticed, but he’s not a huge fan of yours.” She attempted to lighten the conversation, offering a lopsided smile. <br /><br />

The Lieutenant General returned to the command center, slowly approaching the two of them once again. He no longer looked afraid, more sad than anything else. He knew he was going to lose his position and he could do nothing about it. “The groups are being dispatched, sir. Just like you instructed, I made sure of it. If you'll excuse me, I must prepare for Hux's arrival.” His voice was still shaky, and Paquin couldn’t help but feel bad. <br /><br />

’Sure as hell not going to stand up for him, though.’ She thought as she offered the man a sympathetic look. <br /><br />

-<br /><br />

Mira was a much better companion than Kylo. She was smart, knew when to speak and when not to. She appeared to be able to function under pressure. And more importantly, there wasn’t a battle for dominance between Hux and Mira, they weren’t trying to prove who had the most influence. He respected her, or at least what he knew of her so far. <br /><br />

“If you think you are any safer without our alliance, you’re as foolish as the Resistance. They aren’t aware that we aren’t officially associated, they’ll target you either way. And either you’ll be unprotected and overthrown by the Resistance easily, or you’ll have the Order to keep them at bay.” Hux added as he snapped out of his thoughts. This would be his final attempt at convincing them. <br /><br />

The ambassadors remained quiet for a moment before turning to each other and murmuring. Hux was growing impatient, anxious to return to his home of sorts. Hux glanced to Mira, noting that she had taken her braid out. He figured that her helmet was just important to her as Kylo’s was to him, both of them uncomfortable without their masks. Whether they were uncomfortable without them for the same reasons, he wasn’t sure. <br /><br />

“Majority rule,” the sudden voice came from a strange species of alien, “there will be an alliance. Your supplies will be sent to Alderaan as you need them and from there they are your own responsibility. You may return to your starship, further details will be sent.”<br /><br />

A wave of relief washed over the blue eyed General. He quickly walked around, shaking hands with the ambassadors. As he did, it was clear who was the minority. Both were young, and lazily shook his hand before they moved onto Mira, much like the other ambassadors did. “I hope you’re ready to return to the base. We both need some rest.” He whispered to the blonde. 

</p>

Kylo Ren offered an approving nod at Paquin's plan to offer aid. It likely would not be accepted, but at least she was a First Order medic willing to help. Kylo considered it rare.

Of course she shared doubt, and Kylo Ren scoffed at the idea of the Resistance being capable. Lucky, maybe.

"Huxley doesn't like me?" Kylo mocked and rolled his eyes beneath his helmet. "Gingers do carry grudges," he sighed, mock despondent, "I doubt he will let me use this computer, but we will figure something out."

The Lieutenant General appeared then, and Kylo couldn't help smirking underneath his helmet. "Thank you," Kylo said, then looked to Paquin to ask, "Where does Hux Dock his ship? I ought to greet him and Mira, as well."

~***~

Mira waited, outwardly patient, as the ambassadors deliberated. Their fate was in the palms of their hands and they didn't even know it. Mira let out a deep breath and relaxed when they agreed to align.

She followed Hux's lead and shook hands, but she didn't even try to smile.

"You have no idea," Mira found herself whispering back. As soon as the formalities of farewells were over, Mira strode back to the door and exited. Without so much as looking at the guard, she flicked her wrist out and brought her light saber into her hand through a rather violent pull from the Force. The guard was so startled, he was pulled forward with it for a moment before he remembered to let go.

She knew the way back to the ship on her own, but she paused a few steps from the door to await Hux.

It would be terrible if the third assassin killed him when she left his side.

<p>

Paquin found amusement in Hux and Kylo’s mutual distain for each other. It reminded her of feuding children. Only they weren’t children, they were high ranking First Order officials. “I’m sure you’ll be able to access the files one way or another.” She chuckled at his feigned gloom.<br /><br />

“Hux will be thrilled. There’s a hanger on the next level up. Directly above the one you entered in. It’s for smaller ships while the one under it is to store larger ones and TIE fighters.” The new docking system was supposedly more controlled, better. The ships were locked down securely, no one wanted another FN-2187 incident.<br /><br />

“They really should place a map around here somewhere, half the people on this ship have no idea where anything is.” She grumbled. She nodded her head in the direction of the Lieutenant General, who seemed to be leaving. “Follow the Lieutenant, he knows where he’s going.”<br /><br />

-<br /><br />

Hux raised an eyebrow at Mira’s display, letting out a light laugh. Maybe she was more like Kylo than he thought. He took his blaster from the guards, following after the woman. He didn’t question nor scold her for her actions, but rather remained silent as they walked to their ship.<br /><br />

Upon entering the ship, he spotted the unconscious prisoners, who lay shackled to a piece of metal. He let out a sigh, knowing they’d have to be interrogated. ‘That can wait until after I sleep.’ Hux told himself as he made his way around the ship, inspecting for any trackers. He then found his way to the cockpit. He wished he’d brought another pilot, so he could rest. But then again he had no idea he’d be so exhausted.<br /><br />

He sent a brief message to the starship, alerting them that they’d be arriving in no time. He waited for Mira to get settled and strapped in before he readied the ship to take off. “Don’t get too comfortable, we’ll be arriving soon.” It really didn’t take very long to get around the galaxy while traveling at light speed. 

</p>

Kylo smiled at her assessment of his ability to get the files. Of course he would. Hux couldn’t truly keep him out of things—his men folded like a house of cards under Kylo’s direction, after all.

Kylo started to walk to the exit of the command center as Paquin indicated where to go verbally. Follow the Lieutenant General. “Well, let’s hope so,” he said, and chuckled, “I’ll get this ship figured out soon. I’ll have to have a walk about it this evening,” he determined. He’d get a feel for it soon enough so that he would need no directions.

At the door, though, he paused and let it open for him, “Aren’t you coming to check on the General and my Knight?” He asked, wondering if she would truly try to get both to come get checked out. Kylo then walked out, right by an officer entering, expecting that Paquin would follow as Kylo tried to figure out the way the Lieutenant General had gone, since he had a bit of a lead on Kylo now.

~***~

Mira glanced to Hux at his laugh, and then bent her head forward again so the blonde hair would cascade over her face, hiding the flush of embarrassment. Ah, emotions. The best reason for the mask, really. Nevermind that Kylo said her ways were too akin to the Jedi—the Jedi got some things right.

It did not take her and Hux long to reach the ship, and Mira climbed in and immediately went to one of her bags. She drew out a black cowl and managed to get it over her head, before she went to join Hux in the cockpit, a bit more at ease now that the shadow of the cowl fell over her. She let the helmet rest in her lap as she strapped herself in, “I did not intend to. Not while there are dangerous prisoners aboard,” Mira indicated, asked, “Who shall have the honors of interrogating them when we return?”

There were two. In theory, it could be split, but he might just assign the task to Phasma.

<p>

"Maybe you should ask the Lieutenant General to give you a grand tour." She joked as she slowly trailed behind him, silently praying that he wouldn't actually do it. The poor guy's been through enough, he'd probably burst out crying if he was asked.<br /><br />

"Yes, I am." She quickly sped up her pace, having to jog to catch up with him. Once she did, she settled into a power walk alongside him, his strides were much longer than hers. It was probably an interesting sight for the Stormtroopers and officers, seeing little Paquin getting a work out as Kylo strolled next to her. <br /><br />

The two of them caught up with the Lieutenant General as he entered the lift. Upon seeing Paquin and Kylo following him, he looked visibly defeated. He held the lift doors open for them nonetheless, Paquin quickly joining him. She had a plan to approach Mira first, figuring it wasn't a good idea to bother Hux. He'd be busy dealing with Kylo and the Lieutenant General. 'I hope Mira's not too mean.' She thought as the doors of the lift closed, taking them up a level.<br /><br />

The doors slid open to reveal Stormtroopers rushing towards the hangar, a sign that Hux and Mira were arriving at that moment. The Lieutenant General's shaky breath was audible as he stepped out, leading the way to the hangar.<br /><br />

-<br /><br />

Hux scoffed at Mira calling them dangerous. They were chained up and had presumably lost quite a bit of blood from the shots to their legs. "I will, I don't trust anyone else to get it done." He stated. That wasn't true. He trusted Phasma, and although he'd never admit it out loud, he trusted Kylo as well. While Kylo irritated Hux like no other, he still had a particular set of skills that came in handy when interrogating prisoners. Although they hadn't worked on the scavenger girl, Kylo had managed to get into the minds of every other victim he'd ever had.<br /><br />

He glanced over at Mira as he clicked his belt into place. His blue eyes narrowed at the cowl that rested on her head. She must've felt somewhat naked without her helmet. In a way Hux could relate. He was aware of his disorderly state, and that made him uncomfortable. There wasn't much he could do about at that time. All in all, the two of them had both seen each other in vulnerable positions. He hoped that Mira wouldn't use it to blackmail him in anyway, and he wouldn't use it against her.<br /><br />

The ship lifted off the ground and exited the planet's atmosphere quickly. Hux switched to light speed soon after. They made it back to the base faster than he could blink, practically. He turned off light speed as he approached the base, permission to dock being granted soon after. 

</p>

The Lieutenant General just sulked. Kylo Ren shook his head at the man’s distress and inability to fight it off, or even push through it. He wasn’t using his emotions in a positive way at all—he was just going to bend and break. ‘Weak.’ That was the majority of the First Order, though. They were too bound up in their rules and their ways.

The only progress was made by those in charge—those allowed to think and to react. Which, fortunately, there were people who could do that at the top, but it was utterly frustrating.

Kylo Ren much preferred his Knights for that very reason. They weren’t bound by the same chain of command. ‘Which ought to be fun to see.’ Kylo thought as the lift stopped and he stepped out into the hangar.

He could feel Hux, rather disoriented, but Mira’s presence was masked. ‘Jedi.’ He thought it as an insult. He thought it as a compliment. At least Hux was properly perturbed. If he was in a foul mood, he might not be thinking straight to put things back in order.

“Come along, I’ll introduce you,” Kylo offered to Paquin, then glanced to the Lieutenant, “Should I introduce you as well, or does Mira already know you?” He asked, wondering if Mira had ever tried to put this one in his place, or if she’d been playing the role of the good little knight to the nobility.

~***~

“Hm.”

General Hux was ever doubtful of the Force’s powers, but then, he couldn’t use it himself. It must have been difficult to trust what one could see from a mind, when he couldn’t see it himself. “Good luck, General.” It was sincere; the General was efficient, but the Resistance was not.

Their lack of efficiency would make them difficult to break. They didn’t always know what was important to say, and what was important to protect. The disorder of them was in stark contrast to the First Order.

As the base came into sight, Mira’s gloved hands clenched around the cloth of her pants, then loosened. “May I be dismissed to clean my helmet when we…,” but then she trailed off and lifted her head up, staring ahead and recalling what she’d felt earlier—Kylo Ren.

‘Here?’

The pull she felt could mean nothing else, “Never mind,” she shook her head, “Kylo Ren has returned,” it was much a warning as Hux would get, but it might help him keep the shock off of his face when they landed.

<p>

"That won't be necessary, sir. I've met Mira once before." The Lieutenant General declined. He wasn't sure if Mira would remember him or not, but he was present when Hux and Mira were preparing for their leave. Mira didn't seem to say or do much at all while she was on board, so who knew if she even listened while he was hanging around.<br /><br />

"Well, I haven't. So, thank you, sir." Paquin spoke after a moment. After spending most of her day with Kylo, she could understand why people would be scared of him, but he certainly wasn't as reckless or wicked as she thought he'd be. Other than his frustration with the Lieutenant General, he wasn't constantly on the verge of a temper tantrum. 'Maybe I caught him on a good day.' <br /><br />

They seemed to be walking in to the hangar right as Hux and Mira's ship was landing. Stormtroopers loitered underneath, presumably waiting to lock the ship into place. The Lieutenant General waited until the ship touched the ground before taking a deep breath and striding towards his imminent demotion.<br /><br />

-<br /><br />

He could tell she was being genuine and he truly did appreciate it, even though he didn't say anything. While he didn't need luck, it wasn't often that those words were said to him in a sincere tone.<br /><br />

He listened intently to Mira, alarmed when she suddenly stopped talking. She'd done it before the assassination attempt. He opened his mouth to speak, but then Mira informed him of Kylo Ren's return. He rolled his eyes, of course Kylo Ren had to return while he was away. Maybe the Knight hadn't been around long enough to cause too much damage."Come on then, let's see what he's done." He grumbled.<br /><br />

The craft carefully connected with the ground, Hux not hesitating to open the exit. As he stepped off, he ordered two Stormtroopers to grab the prisoners. He ordered a third to take both his and Mira's things back to their quarters. Hux's features scrunched into a scowl as the Lieutenant General was spotted, followed by Kylo Ren and the medic who's name slipped his mind. It didn't matter, though.<br /><br />

"Ren, please tell me you haven't screwed something up." Hux snapped, striding past the Lieutenant General and stopping in front of Kylo. 

</p>

Mira followed only a step behind Hux as the ship landed, but looked over his shoulder to Kylo Ren as he descended the ramp. Kylo wore his emotions on his sleeves, and Mira could feel the shift in the Force around him as he saw her, sans helmet, and was pleased it was a mixture of concern and pure rage.

Directed, of course, at Hux.

And Kylo’s fists balled as he saw Mira Ren holding her helmet. He had rid himself of Leia and Han as family, but he considered his Knights family. He understood them and they were the ones who understood him; to see Mira sans helmet meant nothing good. She was as religious about hiding her face as he was, and so he strode forward, parting from Paquin almost violently to meet Hux, “No, if anything I have set things in order,” he snapped the last word for emphasis, “what have you done?” The accusation was there, the anger unhidden.

“Nothing,” Mira spoke up, and kept her head lowered, feeling too many eyes from Stormtroopers. She offered her helmet to Kylo, and he took it, examining it.

He could feel the slickness of poison, and understood. “The assassins,” he murmured and then handed it back to her, before his attention shifted right back to Hux, “I have sent squads to deal with the Resistance bases. You should be happy about this, considering your passivity made the Resistance bold enough to attempt to kill you and Mira both,” before he let Hux respond, he snapped one arm out in a gesture to Paquin, “Mira, go with Paquin. She’s a medic. She can assist in sterilizing the mask.”

And it would get her out of the crowd. Mira hid her emotions, unlike himself, but he still knew that this must be wreaking havoc on her mind.

Mira didn’t argue, but gave a nod of consent.

<p>

Hux remained unaffected by Kylo's anger, having been used to it. That didn't mean Hux's own blood was boiling though, "No matter how much training you receive, you never seem to return any wiser than you were before." There was a lot Hux wanted to snap at Kylo, but he was exhausted.<br /><br />

His eyes shifted from Kylo to Mira, feeling the slightest bit disappointed. He, oddly enough, enjoyed her presence. But he didn't stop her, knowing she'd want away from the crowd as soon as possible. He glanced upon Paquin for a brief moment, "Paquin, after you're done with Mira, do something with the prisoners so they don't bleed out before tomorrow." <br /><br />

"Sure thing, General." She assured before turning to Mira and offering her a small smile. She didn't let herself focus too much on how Mira looked, she wasn't too surprised that the other woman wasn't horrendous looking. "Come on, it's a bit of a walk to the medical station." She informed, turning on her heels and guiding Mira out of the room. "You're not allergic to latex, are you?" She questioned as she stopped at the lift.<br /><br />

Hux's glare returned to Kylo once the two girls were out of sight, "Did it ever cross your mind that my passivity was for a reason? We are in no position to be aggressive. One wrong move and we could lose everything." He hissed, not denying his unusual passiveness, "Lieutenant General, I want all the troopers called back to the base. Immediately."<br /><br />

"We can't, sir. They're in the middle of a raid." The fearful Lieutenant General squeaked, speaking up finally. His nervousness returned to him, his eyes darting from Kylo to Hux over and over again, waiting for one of them to explode. 

</p>

Mira arched an eyebrow at Paquin’s question, but shook her head, “No.” She did not know where Paquin got the idea that she might be, would not have guessed Kylo Ren had been joking with the young medic just minutes ago. What would it matter if she was? Sanitizing a helmet shouldn’t require latex.

Just lots and lots of cleaning supplies.

Mira put the pieces in her head in her own way as to why this medic was there. No doubt, she was there because news reached them of Hux and Mira’s adventure. “Myself and the General are well,” she let the medic know, thinking that was the pertinent information as she followed, already used to this base. She had been by the medical bay before, but never within. She had no reason to enter. “The prisoners have only been shot once each, and they are currently suffering from the poison they tried to inflict upon myself and the General, but it was not a fatal poison,” she said, recalling Hux’s orders to the medic.

It would be good for the woman to know what she would be looking at, even if she could assess it for herself.

~***~

Kylo wanted to laugh at his victory when the Lieutenant General told Hux it was ‘too late’ to do anything. The troopers were gone, and Hux was here, forced into the offensive again regardless of his own desires.

Feigning magnanimity, Kylo Ren made a gesture back, towards the command center, “Would you like to see the plans I’ve laid out in your absence, General?” His tone was mocking, “This way you should know how to better prepare for the shockwaves these assaults will cause and the reactions from the Resistance.”

General Hux might not want it, but the war was still at their doorstep. They had to react, they had to strike at the Resistance. They needed to rebuild, but they couldn’t let the Resistance build up, either. Otherwise, they’d be severely outclassed. At least with the way Hux was playing things, no one in the Resistance would have been prepared for these assaults, which should mean each one would end up being a victory with few casualties.

After all, there had been no warning, and only a few hours worth of planning. No rebel spy would have been able to send warning to the Resistance fast enough.

<p>

Paquin couldn't help but ask after joking around with the other Knight. But as she thought about it, they probably would need gloves. "How much poison were you and the General exposed to?" She questioned as she entered the lift, pressing the button for the bottom level. She didn't care much for the prisoners, all she would have to do was stop the bleeding. "It may not have been fatal, but it could still cause problems later on."<br /><br />

As the lift opened at the bottom level, Paquin turned to Mira, "Usually I'd suggesting disposing of any exposed materials, but I don't think you're willing to part with your helmet. You may not be able to wear it for a day or so after it's cleaned, we need to use some pretty strong cleaning supplies." She informed.<br /><br />

While that might not have been what Mira wanted to hear, that's what had to happen. It wouldn't be too much of an inconvenience for Mira, at least the medic didn't think so. Paquin wasn't aware of the importance of the helmets, other than to protect the face of the wearer.<br /><br />

-<br /><br />

Sadly, there wasn't much Hux could do. He suppressed an eye roll, marching passed Kylo. "I presume Captain Phasma is not privy to her soldiers' whereabouts?" After all, Hux was sure that Phasma wouldn't allow Kylo to make such plans without informing him. Phasma probably wouldn't allow Kylo to do anything at all without informing Hux.<br /><br />

Hux was making his way back to the command center. He actually did want to see what Kylo had planned out. While Hux was furious about the assaults that had been arranged, he was sure they'd have been organized accordingly. While Kylo Ren was seen as an overgrown child in Hux's eyes, he was not an idiot when it came to strategizing. If the raids were designed correctly, there was a strong possibility that the Resistance would have to rebuild as well. That would give the First Order enough time to recruit and construct much needed technology.<br /><br />

Maybe Kylo's raids weren't as bad as Hux originally thought. But of course he would never admit that. "You didn't do anything else, did you? You didn't destroy any control panels or choke any of my men in one of your temper tantrums?" Now Hux was just teasing, something that he frequently refrained from doing. Despite his position of power, Hux knew he could still be a target of Ren's fits. 

</p>

Mira considered, and shook her head, “Personally it could not have been much, but it is likely myself and Hux inhaled some,” not enough to knock either of them out. “I have not touched the helmet with flesh,” obviously, so exposure would be limited there. “Hux’s coat may have been tainted; I am not certain if that will have an effect on him later.”

Mira was much calmer away from the eyes of others, and colder as well, but it was not the impolite or rude cold. She simply had no reason to be warm to Paquin—they were both simply doing their jobs. Paquin’s was to sanitize and Mira’s, currently, was to make sure that Paquin knew the entire situation of the state of the rebels, herself, and Hux.

Not that she intended to be examined herself.

She took a breath at the words that her helmet would have to wait a day before it would be wearable, but then nodded. It was necessary; she wouldn’t kill herself just to wear the helmet. “Hopefully it only takes a day.”

~***~

Kylo turned as Hux marched, falling easily into step with the General. Their height difference wasn’t much, but Kylo was still the taller ones, his long strides making it quite easy to maintain pace even when Hux was upset with him. “Captain Phasma seems to have had more important things to do,” Kylo noted with a shrug, “I cannot imagine what,” and in truth, he couldn’t.

Phasma was a Trooper. Her place, was with the other Troopers.

“Fortunately, your men seem to understand my place in the hierarchy,” Kylo said to Hux’s question, not catching that it was teasing, “They’ve let me do as I see fit with very little questioning, so there was no need to forcibly remind them of where they belong in the chain of command. You’ve raised your officers with a good sense of respect for authority,” another, subtle, jab.

Though it was also quite accurate. Kylo Ren was on par with General Hux, even if he also stood a bit outside of the chain of command himself.

At the command center, Kylo walked right to the central console, and quickly brought up his plans for Hux to assess. “I do trust that whatever you’ve been…doing…with my Knight has been productive?” It was Kylo’s way of trying to ask what Hux had actually been up to.

<p>

Paquin nodded at the information provided, "Come see me if you start coughing, have trouble breathing, or feel dizzy." She felt the need to tell Mira. Normally people would come see her for those symptoms without her having to inform them, but she wasn't sure if Mira was as dismissive about her health as Hux was. "If you see Hux before I do, I'd appreciate if you passed along that information." She added.<br /><br />

As Paquin entered the medical bay, she felt the eyes of the other medics move between herself and the Knight. No doubt wondering what the hell Paquin had been up to all day. She'd be bombarded with questions later. She led Mira towards one end of the center, away from her coworkers. <br /><br />

To prevent coming in contact with the poison she pulled a pair of gloves from a box, slipping them on. She pulled various cleaning products from cabinets, mentally preparing herself for the scrubbing she was about to do. "Alright," She sighed, holding her hands out for the helmet, "Are there any electronics in it?" She questioned, knowing Kylo's had some sort of voice distorting component in it. Unless his voice was naturally robotic without the helmet, which she doubted.<br /><br />

-<br /><br />

"Of course I have. But maybe I need to teach them how to identify authority." Hux was aware that he and Kylo were equal in position, much to his dismay, but that didn't stop the remark from coming out of his mouth. Their quips were childish and unprofessional, Hux made a mental note to limit them from then on.<br /><br />

At the command center, Hux observed the plans that had been brought up on screen. "Yes, it was very productive," he mumbled, barely paying attention to the Knight. He was pleased to see that the plans had been set up well, now confident that the troopers would return with few casualties and a sufficient quantity of supplies. "I managed to confirm a deal, the base on Alderaan will be receiving a steady flow of devices from here on out." He elaborated after a few moments.<br /><br />

"I'm not sure where you received the information on what's left of the Stormtroopers, but I'll have to make sure you won't have access to it again. Or rather you won't have access to it unless I've been alerted of you're need for it." His volume raised slightly on the last sentence to make sure the Lieutenant General, that had been trailing behind them, heard. He wouldn't lecture the Lieutenant General at that moment, he was too tired. It could wait until he'd slept a few hours, just like everything else he needed to attend to could wait. 

</p>

Mira gave a nod, doubting she would again see Hux so soon. Now that Kylo had returned, her orders would be coming from him. She would be leaving the ship, no doubt, to return to what she’d been doing in Wild Space. Once she briefed Kylo on that, anyway.

She took a deep breath as she walked into the medic bay, inhaling the antiseptic and cleansers, and exhaling it as she tried to force relaxation into her limbs, which were now starting to call out for rest. She hadn’t slept, she’d barely eaten, her body was running out of adrenaline to pull from. ‘Soon you’ll be shaking.’ Lack of nutrients.

Mira could only watch as the items were pulled out, and she said, “There are electronics,” to make it more comfortable to wear, to distort the voice, and to further block out intrusions from Jedi. It made them—the Knights—that much stronger since they worked through the unnatural. “I can clean it myself with the supplies,” she said, “If you’ll let me borrow what I need,” that possessiveness of the helmet couldn’t have been more clear, for Mira did not offer it out.

She wasn’t really intending to give Paquin a choice. She did not know Paquin well enough to consider trusting her with the helmet.

~***~

Kylo felt disgust rise in him at Hux’s quip, “Yes, you should,” he retorted, meaning that they should learn to recognize Kylo Ren was of a higher authority than Hux, but he didn’t say it.

It would be implied in his tone, obscured though it was by the robotics.

Fortunately, the ginger was able to recognize some of Kylo’s genius as he examined the plans. Kylo smiled as the man spoke quietly, almost inaudibly so. “Ah, good. More supplies,” Kylo wasn’t all that enthused, though he knew such things were necessary, “So that’s the reason Mira was dragged back from finding more important resources in Wild Space. Petty supplies.”

He then tuned his attention to the Stormtrooper detail and said, “Well, I suppose I won’t be telling you where I’m getting my information, not that it matters,” he lifted a hand, and gave a test ‘pull’ at the thoughts in Hux’s mind. He knew the man kept it guarded, but Hux would feel it, would know Kylo had made a petty attempt at getting into his head.

If Kylo wanted to, he was quite certain he could break Hux’s guards, as he’d broken Poe’s guards, and countless people before him. “I can get whatever I want,” he reminded, a threat and a promise.

Hux was lucky to be sacrosanct, protected by Snoke.

<p>

Paquin didn't flinch at the possessiveness in Mira's voice. She didn't fight Mira on the subject, letting her hands drop to her sides. "Of course. I'd appreciate if you kept to one spot, I don't want to risk getting the poison on too many things." She gestured around her, "Pick anywhere. Feel free to use what you need."<br /><br />

Paquin pulled her gloves off, tossing them onto a counter. She'd later use them to sanitize wherever Mira decided to work. "I'll be around, gathering what I need to treat the prisoners. If there's anything you need, just ask whoever." Paquin shrugged. Her orders were to assist in cleaning the mask and as far as she was concerned, she had assisted. And if Mira needed anything else, she would assist in that as well. <br /><br />

If Mira didn't want Paquin touching her helmet, then she wouldn't.<br /><br />

With that, she began to buzz around the room, gathering a variety of things she may need to treat the prisoners wounds. She'd have to see the wounds to know how to treat them, but she wasn't willing to make multiple trips to and from their holding cells. They were just prisoners after all.<br /><br />

-<br /><br />

"I can only imagine how important those resources were, for her to be called back by the Supreme Leader." Hux reminded Kylo that it wasn't him who requested her presence. He had no power over Mira or any of the Knights, whatsoever. "Besides, if I hadn't secured such petty supplies, you wouldn't have a guaranteed throne to rule on." He hissed.<br /><br />

Hux was tempted to grip his blaster and shoot Kylo with it, feeling the dull ache of the Knight's pull at his thoughts. Too bad he couldn't do that, even if Kylo could stop the shot. "Well, not whatever you want." Hux hissed just loud enough for Kylo to hear, referring to the scavenger girl, the droid, Luke Skywalker. Hux knew Kylo couldn't kill him, and there wasn't much in his mind that mattered anymore, the only thing Ren could use against him was the pain that would come with Kylo forcing his way into Hux's thoughts.<br /><br />

The atmosphere was tense, the Lieutenant General had backed away from the two. Officers kept their distance from the men. It was clear that their patience towards each other was close to nonexistent, no one wanted to be around if either of them decided to make a move.<br /><br />

"Are you done asserting your dominance yet? I'm sure there's more important things for the both of us to do." Hux rose an eyebrow, a headache plaguing his brain. 

</p>

Kylo took into account the fact that Snoke had, in fact, called Mira back. Perhaps that meant she had found what she sought, but then, shouldn’t Hux know? ‘No.’ It was not to Hux that Mira reported, but to Snoke and to himself. Perhaps Snoke hadn’t cared to share it with Hux.

Kylo refused to consider the possibility that Mira had been called away with her mission incomplete, as he considered it more.

And now that he had Hux riled, he felt quite well again. Hux’s anger fed his own power, the way any such emotion fed the dark side of the Force. It made it easier to utilize—the pain, the anger. There was rarely fear with Hux, but the other two aspects were there and strong, “I suppose you do need to sleep. You look exhausted, General, and all of this must be overwhelming you,” Kylo shot back.

Petty. He knew it was petty, but petty worked. And how dare Hux remind him of that scavenger brat!

He would have everything—just not immediately. Hux was the one standing in the way of that, not utilizing the resources he had to find Luke and the others. “I will go find out what it is Mira located, and I’ll send a report to you later. It ought to be useful in my—our,” he corrected. On this much, he’d stand corrected, “next weapon.”

With that, Kylo Ren turned and walked off to leave Hux alone with his officers, in his room of power—with power, when Kylo left.

~***~

“I understand,” and Mira did, and was grateful the medic did not insist on taking the helmet. She, too, seemed to understand that the helmet was important. Mira took the cleaning supplies, but laid down some mats upon the counter space she would use. There she opened the helmet up, splitting it in two.

She misted it with water first, then examined the various cleaning supplies available to her, reading the information on the labels before picking out two that sounded like they would work. A rag and a sponge were sought and found, and Mira began to clean it by hand, rather than use the Force, meticulous with each angle and curve she knew by heart.

Still, she knew when Kylo arrived, even before he entered. His emotions were jagged. Mira didn’t turn as the door opened behind her and the figure in black strode in and over to her, though he offered a, “Hello,” to Paquin upon entering and spotting the medic.

Mira managed not to so much at smile at that odd behavior from him. “What did you find in Wild Space?” Kylo asked, without so much as an introductory question or greeting.

Mira didn’t look up from her work, “Kyber crystals. Quite the stock,” she answered him, monotonous. “Too well guarded to get at myself, but not by sentient creatures. The Resistance doesn’t have them.”

‘Yet.’ It lingered unspoken, and Kylo nodded. “I did not think the Supreme Leader would have called you back if you didn’t have some success. Why have you not reported it to General Hux to get his troopers to clear the way?”

“I only met him recently,” Mira indicated, “I have been tasked with other things. I believe Snoke will mention it when the time is good.”

<p>

Hux let Kylo have the last word, watching as the younger man stalked out of the center. Hux was glad to be rid of him for the time being. He relaxed slightly, as did the rest of the command center. Though, Hux didn't remain in the command center for much longer. He was tired, he'd deal with his duties later.<br /><br />

As Hux returned to his quarters, he thought about the weapon Kylo had been referring to. Hux imagined that the weapon would simply be Starkiller, but better thought out. More secure. Kylo Ren wouldn't be allowed to bring any of his silly prisoners inside of it. That would all be discussed with Snoke, though.<br /><br />

He imagined a meeting with Snoke would be imminent with the return of Kylo. But Hux dismissed any thoughts of work, settling into his bed. He'd only sleep a few hours, just long enough so he wasn't on the verge of passing out. Time wouldn't stand still for him, and there was a lot of work to be done.<br /><br />

-<br /><br />

Paquin turned her head as Kylo Ren acknowledged her, offering a mumbled greeting. She had gathered just about everything she needed, she just needed to stuff them in her bag. She didn't pay much mind to their conversation, occasionally catching bits and pieces of it. She didn't know much about what they were talking about anyway.<br /><br />

Paquin had a tendency to cancel noise out while she was occupied. It was probably for the best, otherwise she'd be in possession of some information she didn't want. She'd treated many of the workers among the First Order and most of them seemed to be comfortable sharing details of their missions. Mostly it was the Stormtroopers, officers knew the importance of keeping their mouths shut. She figured it was because the troops felt that they had something to prove, so they'd brag about the importance of their mission.<br /><br />

She was glad that she hadn't paid attention to the two upon hearing General Hux and the Supreme Leader's names be mentioned. It didn't seem to be a conversation that a medic should be privy to.<br /><br />

She finished packing the last item into her bag and double checked everything. Concluding that she had everything she imagined she would need, she slung the bag over her shoulders. Paquin waited for a pause in the Knights' conversation to speak, "Mira, is there anything you need before I leave?" She inquired, hesitant to disrupt their discussion. 

</p>

Kylo again just looked, and felt, flustered by Mira’s answer, not satisfied that such had not been immediately important. “Did he have you doing other petty things here?”

“Mostly,” she answered honestly, “I accompanied Phasma on a few missions. This was the first with General Hux himself, acting as bodyguard among the diplomats. I’ve convinced them that we mean well,” by ‘we’ it was clear she meant the Knights. Their reputation had spread, quickly. “They seem to buy into the idea we could be like the Jedi.”

Kylo laughed. He couldn’t help it, the idea was ridiculous, and Mira smiled a bit at the sound, “I am glad that you are well, Kylo,” she noted, taking a glance at him and his helmet, “I had heard you were terribly wounded.”

He shook his head in denial, “Not terribly. We will pay the Scavenger back tenfold for her denial.”

Mira arched an eyebrow, but he did not explain what denial he meant. “I shall bring up the kyber crystals next time I am with Snoke, to make sure we get back on track to building weapons that will trump any defenses the Resistance may have.” Then, he asked, “What is guarding them?”

“Some worm creatures. I’d never encountered anything like it before, but it did not look like they would prove too difficult to overcome.”

Kylo nodded, then shifted his attention as the medic came forward to speak, and Kylo let his attention shift easily, taking in what she had to ask, “No, there is nothing else,” he answered for Mira, “Are you off to see the prisoners?” He guessed by the supplies she had on hand. “If so, I should come.”

“Kylo,” Mira spoke, voice calm but there was an edge to it. He’d done enough harm that day. “General Hux wants to try interrogating them first, himself.”

“So?”

“So let him,” Mira said, then moved the helmet off the counter, finding it clean enough. She’d have to let it set to air out, but at least it was done. “Let him come begging you for help,” the only way to prevent further chaos was to feed the ego, and she knew how to do it.

The ripple of smug cheer was enough, “Fair enough. He’ll have to,” Kylo consented.

Mira did not let relief show, but maintained her poker face, “I am going to rest now, if I may?” Kylo gave a nod, and Mira walked off.

Kylo did decide to offer, “If you need help moving them, I can assist,” he had nothing else to do but wait, and he hated waiting. He was terribly impatient. Activity would at least make time go by faster.

<p>

Paquin remained silent as the two continued to speak. It was clear that neither Kylo nor Hux had much respect for each other's authority. It was a battle of who was superior and who was subordinate, and it was slightly worrying. They were spearheading an organization at war and they were acting like children.<br /><br />

She waved at Mira in goodbye as she walked off, shifting towards Kylo after she was gone. She was delighted by the offer. She was sure there'd have to be some sort of moving of their unconscious bodies, and she was dreading that. Paquin had little muscle, moving two grown men around would've been a pain. "I think I'll take you up on that offer." She smiled, walking passed him and out of the medical center.<br /><br />

The holding cells were on the top level of the starship base. The highest level was quite isolated, guarded by a few Stormtroopers. Weapons, means of transportation, and most people were restricted from the top floor. Like most things on the ship, this system was supposedly fail proof. Paquin's presence had to be authorized, but they let Kylo through without so much as running they're eyes over him. Fortunately, Paquin's authorization didn't take too long. With a brief call to the command center and a quick search of Paquin and her bag, she was allowed through.<br /><br />

-<br /><br />

Hux slept a lot longer than he intended to, sleeping through his alarm. He woke up with a cough, feeling groggy. He wished to sit in bed for as long as he could, but he had work to do. He had to write up a report of the deal he'd made, deal with the aftermath of Kylo's raids. He hoped Phasma would return soon, he wanted to discuss recruiting some more troopers. He'd plan on aiming for teenagers, people they could throw out on the field quicker. They wouldn't have to spend years raising them.<br /><br />

Hux had to make the report perfect, all the details had to be clear and in order. The report was really just for his reference, but it still had to be flawless. He sat at his desk working on it for an hour before he decided it was time to clean himself up.<br /><br />

The ginger was disgusted by his appearance in the mirror, quickly showering and putting himself together. As he dressed, he remembered that the jacket he usually wore had yet to be cleaned. He'd have to forgo the jacket for the day, not that he'd need it on the starship anyway.<br /><br />

Before he let himself exit his quarters, he looked over his form twice, making sure there wasn't a thread out of place. He knew it was ridiculous, but he felt compelled to do so. It would bother him all day if he didn't. Some might call it borderline obsessive-compulsive. Once he was satisfied, he made his way to the command center. 

</p>

Activity made time go by faster, so Kylo was happy to help, even if he did have ulterior motives. He wanted to know if these rebels would be anyone he’d recognize, or if he could probe their minds easily.

He was quite disappointed when he arrived, ahead of Paquin who had to be verified, to find he did not recognize either of them.

One was awake though, and glared at Kylo Ren when the sith utilized the Force to open that one’s door. “Bastard,” the word was spat.

“Incorrect,” Kylo stated, “I knew my father.”

“You killed him!” The rebel reminded, but Kylo paid it little mind, unlocking the rebel from the wall without venturing close, and then lifting the man into the air by the chains around his wrist. The rebel flailed and struggled, the pain of being held up by the cuffs more than he suspected.

Kylo turned and brought the man out with the Force, keeping him held aloft as Paquin finally entered the area. “The other one seems to still be asleep, but I would be cautious in case it is a ruse,” Kylo said while the other continued to fuss and curse.

~***~

Mira caught the wave, and before she could stop herself, she lifted her hand to wave back to Paquin. ‘Why did I do that?’ She blamed it on the odd day she’d had, and made her way back to her quarters. The mask was set aside on an end table and the door locked behind her, before she felt comfortable stripping out of the black attire and placing it in the laundry basket to do later.

She showered first, always preferring to shower before sleep, and she wanted to wash off any excess poison. Then, she finally dressed into light clothing, and let herself collapse on the bed, falling asleep almost as soon as her head hit the pillow and into the dreamless void of exhaustion.

The hours ticked by uncounted until she woke, and then went about methodically putting herself back together—everything but the mask, which still had to air out. The hair was pulled right back into a braid, though. ‘Just deal with it.’ Hood was placed over her head since she had access to that now, and she gathered up the clothing to put it into the laundry.

No traces of poison were going to remain, no matter how small.

<p>

Paquin nodded at Kylo, briefly assessing the man that was held in the air. He was awake and squirming, so he probably hadn't lost as much blood as the other. "I might need to knock that one out again." She commented, he would be too fussy to work on. "The gas seems to have worn off, so it should be safe to put him under." She was mumbling, talking to herself mostly.<br /><br />

The brunette gestured to the next room over, "I'll work on the other prisoner first. His situation may be more dire, since he is still unconscious," Kylo probably didn't care much, but Paquin was used to explaining what she was going to do with patients to her fellow medics. She shuffled her way to the other door, entering in the code that she was given. The door slid open, revealing the unconscious prisoner laying on the ground, chained up. She slowly entered the room, examining the man. There was a small pool of blood by his leg, it was still quite a bit of blood for the amount of time he'd been there.<br /><br />

She carefully approached the man, reaching down to check his pulse. Once she found one, she settled herself on the ground, pulling the man's leg onto her lap and pulling his pant leg up. She rummaged through her bag, grabbing everything she would need. She slipped her gloves on and got to work. Everything was going smoothly until she began to cleanse the wound, the prisoner awoke with a scream of pain, but made no move to grab Paquin. It startled her to say the least, a yelp coming from the girl.<br /><br />

Paquin expected the gas to keep him out for a little while longer, but apparently that wasn't the case. There was no doubt that his leg felt like it was on fire. She reached into her bag again, pulling out a sedative and a needle. The prisoner would stay awake, but his perception of pain would be altered. She watched as he flailed in pain for a moment, waiting for him to calm down before she attempted to stick a needle filled with drugs into his arm. If she tried while he was spazzing, there was a possibility that the needle could end up anywhere but the targeted area.<br /><br />

-<br /><br />

Hux had barely entered the command center before he was barking at the Lieutenant General. He was most certainly going to strip him of his rank, downgrading him to a petty officer. The Lieutenant General was not surprised, though. In fact, he was surprised it took so long. Before the former Lieutenant was allowed to leave the command center, Hux questioned him on Phasma's whereabouts. Hux was pleased to learn that she'd be arriving in a matter of hours. He wasn't sure why she was gone, something about training. He wasn't quite sure what it was about, but he didn't care much. As long as it was productive.<br /><br />

Hux still had to occupy himself during those few hours. He spent some time monitoring the command center, issuing an alert that he had returned to the base. He was sure that everyone knew by now, but it was more to inform them that he was who they were to report to. He couldn't let Kylo get away with hijacking his organization.<br /><br />

He eventually found himself wandering the base, trying to make himself useful. He was putting off extracting information from the prisoners, knowing that would cost him a bit of energy. And other than that, there wasn't much for him to do until Phasma returned. Hux missed the thrill that came along with being at the top of the food chain, being able to throw attacks left and right. He couldn't wait until he had another super weapon. Which reminded him.<br /><br />

Kylo was going to send him a report after he questioned Mira on what she had discovered, which he hadn't received yet. It had only been a few hours since then, probably. But that didn't matter much to him as he decided that's what he'd do, question Mira herself instead of going through Kylo. He'd much rather tolerate Mira, she wasn't a man sized infant. And so with that, he set off to her chambers, hoping she was awake. He would feel bad if he woke her, knowing she was about as exhausted as he had been. 

</p>

Kylo Ren walked over so he would be able to see into the other cell, but he did not step in. His focus remained on keeping the squirming one in line as much as he could. ‘I could knock him out myself.’ Though he assumed Paquin wouldn’t appreciate his method. He should let the man be knocked out appropriately—let it all go smoothly.

It would be that much sweeter when Hux came to him for help with the interrogation if Hux was able to do it all the way he wanted to.

Kylo watched Paquin at work. He knew little about healing. He was a killer, after all, so all of this was quite the opposite of what he was good at. He understood bandages and such, but little more. He wouldn’t know how to treat an infection. Watching Paquin start to treat something much more severe than that was intriguing, and so he was silent. Contemplative.

The prisoner woke as the cleaning began, and his friend yelled, “Get up! Get out of there!” Kylo twisted his own hand in the air, and the man’s voice left him, strangled. He’d release him from the chokehold later, but for now, he didn’t need him to be encouraging his friend.

So Kylo said simply, “Do not harm her, and I will not use the Force to keep you still,” he advised the other. He could do it, but he did not care to split his attentions between two rebels right then.

He did not think the prisoner would try to harm Paquin. She was, after all, saving his life.

If that life lasted long, though, was another story.

~***~

The laundry room was well known to Mira, as she made the trip always herself, and always set the washers and dryers. She trusted none with her things, and since the washing machine and dryer locked after they were set, she felt secure enough to leave her things. ‘Food. Check in on Kylo. Call the other Knights. Make sure Kylo remembers to ask Snoke if I am to stay.’

The knights tended to remain scattered, save Kylo Ren himself. They were not a part of the official Chain of Command when it came to the First Order, so there was no real place for them here unless there was a special mission that required their touch. Now that Kylo Ren was back, Mira expected her time here would be short.

First was food. She hadn’t eaten well since leaving, and so she made a beeline to the cafeteria to retrieve a decent sized bit of pasta, and a glass of coffee to wake herself up. She’d have to get back on a normal schedule, too. Coffee would help.

As she was returning to her chambers with the food and the coffee, she noted Hux entering the same hallway. She gave a nod of acknowledgment to him, but did not think he was there to see her, so she did not greet him verbally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back