• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Star Wars: the Old Republic Roleplay

JarOfSecrets

Black Star
As the title suggests, this roleplay is set in the Star Wars universe, but don't let the frequency of these kinds of roleplays deter you. This roleplay is truly unique for a variety of reasons: its unique, story-like plot, its complex, life-like characters, and the use of advanced composition skills such as extended metaphors and allegorical characters. Below are some conditions for participating in this roleplay as (like most on this forum) I am searching for the closest possible match to my ideal partner; after these conditions, an outline of the early plot will be given, and finally a brief overview of my views on character development and how to apply.

Conditions for roleplaying with me:

• This will be considered an advanced level roleplay, and that means that my partner should be

well-versed in the art of literature

. This means using proper grammar, correct writing conventions, eloquent writing, and vivid imagery.
  • Replying often and methodically

is important, and the pace of the roleplay should be at least 1-2 posts per day unless an excuse is given. I'm human as well, I understand that things come up; however, I am not spending my time roleplaying with someone who responds twice a week or drops off the face of the Earth on a regular basis.
  • As roleplayers, I expect that my partner and myself are both willing to

contribute to the plot without losing sight of the main focuses

, and still managing to advance the plot in an exciting and flowing way.
  • Having

fun

is incredibly important to any roleplay, and for this to happen,

communication

is crucial. My partner needs to feel comfortable suggesting plot ideas, character changes, and anything else they might want to talk about.

Alright, so the boring stuff that makes me sound like a snobby jerk is out of the way, now its time to see what this roleplay is all about!

Plot:

Set in the Star Wars universe, this roleplay's plot is inspired by personal experiences, video games, and imagination. The focus of the plot will be the adventures of the characters as they struggle to learn about each other and the galaxy while seeking blood in a classic demonstration of vengeance. My two OC's Thorain, an alien (rattataki) sith lord with strong skill in combat and even stronger skill in manipulation, and Phoenix, his little sister by ten years and apprentice with great strength in the force but the fragile emotions of a butterfly, will encounter my partner's OC's for the first time. Almost immediately after they meet, an attack on the planet by savage space pirates will leave hundreds dead and even more with a thirst for vengeance. This planet, Sora, is the staging grounds for the resurgence of The Sith Empire after the Jedi forced them into the recesses of the galaxy some long time (x amount of decades) ago.

The plot will be up to my partner and myself to be created from this point. Personally, I find plot with too much planning to be dreary; instead, I find that plot where my partner and myself share an equal part in story development to be far more interesting.

Characters:

For me, roleplay is most fun when it is planned out only some distance ahead, and this includes characters. Of course I have a complex and fascinating background for my characters mapped out on a graphic organizer, but who wants to read that and forget half of it a minute later. A key element of advanced level roleplay is developing characters through thoughts, actions, and interactions with other characters. I can present character sheets if a potential partner demands it, but I would much prefer to develop it through roleplay. My partner's characters can be

anything reasonable

that they desire. It could be a rogue space pirate, a young villager, a Jedi, or even the Sith Emperor in disguise if they want-- it's up to my partner! Please keep it

reasonable

though. No giant galaxy eating potatoes.

Applying to Roleplay:

• Apply here, on this thread or start a conversation with me.
  • Include a brief summary of your characters.
  • Give a short demonstration of your abilities as a writer. A paragraph about washing the dishes or dying in a fire-- its not important what it is about if it shows me how you roleplay.
  • If you do not feel that you can meet any of the conditions above, explain why-- I'm not without understanding.

Swtor is my jam, I read all the books and love the game, I created so many threads trying to start a SWTOR rp, I'm so down!

I'm so glad to hear that, I simply assumed no one else was interested in it. :'D

I am on Bergeron Colony for SWTOR rp, if you want to add me there. My imp character is Thorain.

How well do you think you rp?

I'm a pretty good Rper I think. I started in September so I'm still quite new. My post are usually anywhere from 2-4 paragraphs. the part in interested the most in is the characters. My characters usually have a deep history and I make a pretty good bio. But I mostly reveal it through the plot. I'd like my character to be a Sith Lord also, I think it'd be interesting to have two Sith Lords together because you know how the sith are greedy and only care about themselves, and even kill other Sith Lords to have things go their way. So it'd be interesting to see our characters develop together.

Alright, I like that. Do you plan on having a second character. I like the idea of two sith lords. Male or female for YC?

Male works fine. I wouldn't be opposed to you having a second OC-- it means that there is more to work with each post. In addition, we can have contrasting characters. My characters have parts of them that are complete opposites.

Human, and I could either have my Sith Lord hunting you and your apprentice, or I could have my mandalorian hunt me or you and your apprentice, or me and the mandalorian are hunting you both, or vice versa. Your choice.

I was thinking the initial scenario was I was hiring you. Your sith is a friend of a friend and they walk in on a training session for my apprentice. Your Mando pall is just there waiting to be paid.

Lol it's cool, yeah I was confused when I read that.

Do you want to start this tonight, because I can just think up a plot in like 5-10 minutes and we won't plan out the whole story, cause that would be boring. Most of the story will he just me and you making it as we go along.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back