• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Star Wars: Rebirth

Crystalblade

Part-time Jedi Knight

thumb_korriban-02.jpg

2736 ABY - Korriban

"Alright Korda, it's time to drop the shit. The boss is shutting you down." Doran Ternel stepped off the boarding ramp into a red dust. Wind swept through the canyons of Korriban's craggy surface, blowing particles into his face. "I frankly don't give a damn about this site's historical significance." Doran goaded. "My superior backed this little expedition under the pretense that you would uncover ancient laser swords for the syndicate." He spat.

Korda stood, flanked by two of his fellow archeologists, unflinching.

"You underestimate my work, captain." Korda responded quietly. "We have been very busy here, and the result is nearing completion. I only ask for a bit more-"

"No." Doran interrupted. "Your funds are up. Your people can either leave with us, or rot on this dust ball."

"You have always been a fool Doran, but I never thought you could reach such levels of stupidity." Korda's voice suddenly became harsh and loud. It boomed against the barren rock walls around them. "Your ignorance of this planet is your undoing." Doran's face turned the color of the dirt as he glared down Korda.

"How dare you insult me!" He bellowed, stepping within centimeters of Korda's face. "After you waste the boss's cred's and turn up empty!" Korda's face turned smug.

"I didn't turn up empty.. only what I've uncovered.. is not for you." He whispered into Doran's ear. Doran, enraged, tried to push the shorter man back, but instead felt the air rush from his lungs. It was as if someone had punched him in the stomach, except Korda hadn't moved a muscle.

He suddenly felt a force, gripping at his neck. His hands instinctively went to pry it off but there was nothing there.

"What- the hell-" He sputtered as he rose half a meter off the ground, suspended in air. Korda now smiled openly. The guards flanking the shuttle boarding ramp, realizing something was very wrong, unslinged their blaster rifles and began to approach cautiously.

"Fire on me, and everyone dies." Korda hissed at them. The two archeologists on either side of him reached hands into their loose desert protective robes. Glowing red blades ignited, heating the arid air around them.

"Sh-Shoot!" Wailed Doran as he struggled for breath. Before their blasters could discharge, the two sword wielders had plunged their blades into the unfortunate men's torsos, leaving burning holes.

"What-What are you?" Doran squealed as he stared into Korda's dark eyes. It was the last thing he would ever see.

SO! I'm doing an interest check for a Star Wars roleplay set centuries after the movies take place. In this AU the galaxy has just crawled it's way out of a dark age. All knowledge of Sith and Jedi has faded from memory after a great Force Crusade that ultimately destroyed both Orders. The teachings and practice of the ancient art of the Force is only just resurfacing.

I'll give more details on the back story soon... may the force be with us all.

Crystalblade said:

thumb_korriban-02.jpg

2736 ABY - Korriban

"Alright Korda, it's time to drop the shit. The boss is shutting you down." Doran Ternel stepped off the boarding ramp into a red dust. Wind swept through the canyons of Korriban's craggy surface, blowing particles into his face. "I frankly don't give a damn about this site's historical significance." Doran goaded. "My superior backed this little expedition under the pretense that you would uncover ancient laser swords for the syndicate." He spat.

Korda stood, flanked by two of his fellow archeologists, unflinching.

"You underestimate my work, captain." Korda responded quietly. "We have been very busy here, and the result is nearing completion. I only ask for a bit more-"

"No." Doran interrupted. "Your funds are up. Your people can either leave with us, or rot on this dust ball."

"You have always been a fool Doran, but I never thought you could reach such levels of stupidity." Korda's voice suddenly became harsh and loud. It boomed against the barren rock walls around them. "Your ignorance of this planet is your undoing." Doran's face turned the color of the dirt as he glared down Korda.

"How dare you insult me!" He bellowed, stepping within centimeters of Korda's face. "After you waste the boss's cred's and turn up empty!" Korda's face turned smug.

"I didn't turn up empty.. only what I've uncovered.. is not for you." He whispered into Doran's ear. Doran, enraged, tried to push the shorter man back, but instead felt the air rush from his lungs. It was as if someone had punched him in the stomach, except Korda hadn't moved a muscle.

He suddenly felt a force, gripping at his neck. His hands instinctively went to pry it off but there was nothing there.

"What- the hell-" He sputtered as he rose half a meter off the ground, suspended in air. Korda now smiled openly. The guards flanking the shuttle boarding ramp, realizing something was very wrong, unslinged their blaster rifles and began to approach cautiously.

"Fire on me, and everyone dies." Korda hissed at them. The two archeologists on either side of him reached hands into their loose desert protective robes. Glowing red blades ignited, heating the arid air around them.

"Sh-Shoot!" Wailed Doran as he struggled for breath. Before their blasters could discharge, the two sword wielders had plunged their blades into the unfortunate men's torsos, leaving burning holes.

"What-What are you?" Doran squealed as he stared into Korda's dark eyes. It was the last thing he would ever see.

SO! I'm doing an interest check for a Star Wars roleplay set centuries after the movies take place. In this AU the galaxy has just crawled it's way out of a dark age. All knowledge of Sith and Jedi has faded from memory after a great Force Crusade that ultimately destroyed both Orders. The teachings and practice of the ancient art of the Force is only just resurfacing.

I'll give more details on the back story soon... may the force be with us all.

Love the idea! :3 Star Wars is awesome.~

[QUOTE="Revan The Courier]would love to try it possibly.

[/QUOTE]
All the possibilities, the possible is never impossible. (:3)

[QUOTE="Revan The Courier]So when will post be up?

[/QUOTE]
Ermmmmmm...........sometime next week.....maybe. I love Star Wars and like the idea of RPing it, but I'm too distracted by other interests to bother with making one, at least not quickly at any rate.

Crystalblade said:
Once we get enough people, (I'm thinking 4-5 at least) I'll post more information and the RP.
Sound great!~ PM me when it gets there in case my notifications acts stupid on me.

I come from a SWRP background with some threads having 25-30 unique writers that run pretty smoothly. I feel like a balance of 2 antagonists to 3 protagonists could produce a driven and compelling RP. I'd even welcome more. It lends for more variety between the characters.

[QUOTE="Bullet Tooth Tony]Whose currently governing the galaxy? Or have all the systems split into independent factions?

[/QUOTE]
The galaxy has really been split between the core worlds and outer rim. Over the course of several decades the planets in the core have been united in an Alliance of Confederated Systems. The planets still function autonomously but travel between them has become less and less arduous as space piracy has been quelled by a conglomerated Alliance Navy. Meanwhile, in the Outer Rim, population densities are much more scattered or unknown to the rest of the galaxy. One of the largest governments located on the Rim is the monarchy overseeing the Tion Cluster. One of the only surviving factions after the dark age was the Hutt syndicate, which thrived on the wars and instability bred by the period. I'll give more information on the factions once I get the RP thread up.

I have and always will be a huge Star Wars fan, and this roleplay makes me want to join. Though I have lost a lot of Star Wars lore.

There's kinder ways to put it, but Revan is correct. Unless your character is several centuries old, he wasn't a rebel trooper.

[QUOTE="Wastes Storyteller]I have and always will be a huge Star Wars fan, and this roleplay makes me want to join. Though I have lost a lot of Star Wars lore.

[/QUOTE]
No prob :) actually the idea I have is very heavily focused on the galaxy rediscovering it's lost lore, so in a way it is appropriate.

[QUOTE="Jack Lick]I'd love to join. Maybe as a once-rebel trooper.

[/QUOTE]
Yes the Galactic Rebellion of the Imperial Era has become lost in time is this universe. However, it's a wide galaxy, so if you want to have a rebel background against some tyrannical warlord I'm sure you can fit it in the AU.

Can I join? I am a SW Noob, so if I get things wrong please correct me. Also, are we allowed anime characters as our appearances?

Yeah feel free to join @GimmickPuppet and an anime face claim is fine by me.

Okay so I think the sign-up is going to be first come first serve for up to 10 people. I'll try to get the thread up sometime tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back