• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Star Trek: Deep Space Nine "Frenemy" Roleplay

Wylrin

So I have a bit of an oddly specific request. I have a character in the universe of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. Specifically, he's a Cardassian "investigator" of sorts. I'd liken what I'm looking for to be similar to a Sherlock Holmes and John Watson dynamic, but it isn't quite like that. I'm looking for a character who loves verbal sparring and intellectual banter. I barely know anything on the subject, but perhaps a better way of describing the sort of relationship I'm looking for is L and Light's relationship from Death Note. Since I've never properly watched Death Note, I will explain what exactly I think of when I make this comparison.

My Cardassian character is extremely intelligent and he's looking for an intellectual equal to aide him in his possibly not-so-legal investigations. Since this is a "frenemy" roleplay, I'd like for the two characters to be ideologically opposed, or their personalities to simply clash. I put "frenemy" in quotations because while I see these two characters not really liking each other, they trust one another's intellect and judgement more than any other they've met.

To keep from rambling on and on, I've put a list of what I'm looking for below:

REQUIRED:
- Really, the only requirement is having some knowledge of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. I've watched most of the series, but I don't claim to be an expert on the lore and such. A basic understanding of the overarching story of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine is really all I'm asking for.

OPTIONAL (These are things that are not required, but would definitely be icing on the cake to me):
- I'm personally more of a fan of male/male relationships (platonic or otherwise) but it's certainly no problem if your character is female.
- To complete the ideological differences in opinion and such, I'd love for your character to either be Bajoran or a member of the Federation who has faced Cardassians as enemies in the past. Again, this isn't required, but I do think it would make the roleplay more interesting having members of two normally opposing peoples working together.

That's really all I can think to detail! If you have a character who would fit this role, or would like to make such a character, please message me and let me know! The plot is quite flexible and can differ depending on what your character's motivations are. From stopping terrorists to simply enjoying a game of chess to bringing prominent corrupt political figures to justice, the possibilities are quite endless!

I look forward to hearing from you if you have an interest in this concept! :3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back