• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Star Knights - Dark Empires Rise.

Deepfish

The Fishiest of Fish in the Deepest of Depths.
Roleplay Availability
IMG_1255.png
Set in the year 4978, mankind has been sailing the stars for over 2500 years now. While initially we set for the stars full of hope that we were not alone, that hope died centuries ago. Over a one hundred lightyears radius around earth has been colonized by humanity. There are over 13 trillion human beings across the thousands of worlds and over time the massive empire has fractured into many subsections. Over the millennia countless advances have been made but none more pertinent to mankind’s development than the discovery of the astral plane. An alternate layer of reality made up of the universes collective psychic energy.

It allowed us to travel through it, making time and distance irrelevant, so long as you could generate the energy required to keep the tunnel open. More that that though it allowed us to access materials from it that were not found in the material plane. Nth metals, strange energy charged crystals, and shockingly we found structures there, countless ruins and remnants of what were clearly inhuman civilizations. As the astral plane allowed us to spread across the galaxy we found more than a hundred different civilizations, or rather the ruins of them scattered throughout the cosmos.
IMG_1256.jpeg
It became clear to mankind’s leaders and greatest minds, that we were just late, a period of life springing up had to have occurred in the past, and we were just the ones on the tail end of that stretch. Most of the civilizations we found never left their world, most seemed to collapse before their own period of industrialization, a few made it into space, but to date only one seems to have gotten as far along as we have, perhaps further. The Zanthem Peoples as we have taken to calling them. Though their ruins are among the oldest we have found them on dozens of planets, separated by dozens of lightyears. From them we have learned much via reverse Engineering the remnants of their technology and following blueprints left by them. We made starships and crafts of remarkable materials and for a long stretch mankind seemed to be the inheritors of the cosmos.

We were not.

It started nearly a decade ago, but it hasn’t stopped yet. The madness spreads through worlds like a plague, driving others to attack their homes and loved ones. The horrors and fear of such things mutated the Astral plane, turning it into a deadly blender of Dangerous energy fields, and nightmarish creatures of our own imaginations given form by the astral energy. Entire worlds cry out death rattles that send chills down the spines of mankind. None want to say it but we all think it…is this what happened to the others? Are we struggling against the inevitable? Yet many others decided they would fight. The Planet Thandren, one on the outer edge of the empire approximately 48 light years from earth, is among the most dedicated to resisting this.

They have created a three phase plan to fight back, First muster a fleet of Astral ships and modify them with heavier defenses and weaponry. Second, Cybernetically modify their elite soldiers and deck them out with weapons and armor crafter from astral materials, things that can kill the nightmare creatures. And lastly using genetic modification and Astral energies to create potent psychics who could deal with the madness and stabilize the Astral plane in their local area. This New military force was crafted against the will of the greater empire making Thandren and rebel planet. Perhaps it was the madness touching the leaders, perhaps it was just egos clashing, but one way or another Thandren finds itself alone, trying to stem the growing Tide of Chaos spreading across the worlds of mankind, with even the Sane remnants of mankinds empire standing against them. How can they hope to face such odds alone?
~~~

Hey guys. This story will revolve around the New and old Forces of Thandren, Which are the Star knights, Cosmic sorcerers, Planetary Assault Force, and their Stellar navy.

IMG_1252.jpeg
The star knights are warriors taken from the military elite of Thandren, and then given pieces of “Thought metal” from the astral plane. This metal would be mentally bonded to the person who it was given too and over about a year or so would grow into a suit of armor and a weapon, both of which gain their form and function from the imaginations if the one who had it. There is a limit to the size and power these armors can give…but that limit goes well beyond what should he physically possible. For example one star knight was shown catching a damaged starship and bringing it to a landing, engineers were baffled at how the knight, being only 6ft 9in when armored could carry the 300meter vessel without the force pushing him through the hull like a nail being driven into a board. Or how another Star knight was able to briefly resist the pull of a singularity, until a tractor beam could move him away from it. These star knights have a clear advantage over other military units from other planets and even the empire itself, however they are difficult to make, with many dying in the process as the Thought metal drains their mental energy, some knights have suits and weapons that were influenced by the candidate’s before them who died trying to complete the armor.
IMG_1275.jpeg

IMG_1257.jpeg
The cosmic sorcerer is a human being that was implanted with several small energy crystals extracted from the astral plane. After a period of time being devoted to meditation, emotional control, and mental/emotional exercises the sorcerers crystals will absorb enough astral/thought energy to begin to form micro portals into the astral plane within the sorcerer or sorceresses body. This allows them to pull astral energy into the physical world and change its form to almost any energy type. Those with enough scientific understanding and practice can even weave these energies into matter, masters of this process can craft complex things like spaceships and buildings. However even the most basic sorcerer is a potent weapon against any astral beings, and have been said to be able to cure the madness infecting people, though only so long as they are within the radius of that person and stay focused on repelling the chaos.
IMG_1276.jpeg

IMG_1278.png
Thandren is no stranger to conflict, being a world on the edge of the Empire but ever loyal to earth it has found itself sandwiched between Separatist worlds who see its iron rich composition as a key resource for war efforts even before the plague of madness. As such the Thandren Military has become a potent force capable of adapting to enemy strategies and boasting some of the most experienced troops of the human race. While teamwork and cooperation are essential to maintaining a successful military, thandren also trains each individual soldier to best highlight their own talents accepting men and women of all shapes and sizes and putting “aces in their places”. While many question thandrens military doctrine none can deny its effectiveness as they have yet to lose a war since their founding 900 years ago. Of the 22,000 souls onboard the Kerlassi, 10,000 of them make up the planetary assault force. With a variety of vehicles and weaponry at their disposal.
IMG_1280.jpeg

IMG_1282.jpeg
Thandrens stellar navy is actually a recent attachment to their military force, comprised mostly of private explorers and researchers with pilots and flight crew pulled from the private sector. These are among the top scientific minds the planet has to offer and many are here as part of the auxiliary maintenance team providing medical, psychological, material, and morale support, they are not helpless by any means either, the stellar navy come equipped with strike craft, star fighters, long range scanners, astral projection systems, and they maintain the skills necessary to repair the ship even from a derelict state. Without the stellar navy this entire operation would be impossible, the bulk of the command staff for this mission are from the Stellar navy.
IMG_1283.png

if you dont want to be an armor clad super soldier, or a Psychic Mage, thats fine too. We will need normal human soldiers and naval crew to operate the ships, and i actually intend to have the command team of this mighty force be purely human, as im sure we can all agree mankind would not be keen on turning over the keys to a battlefleet to an untested genetically modded superhuman of anykind. So our knights and sorcerers will be answering too and working with standard humanity.

If your interested let me know. I will start crafting the threads when a certain number has been reached.

Any questions, concerns, suggestions, or critique is welcome and i will address them as fast as i can.​

Last edited:
The starting plot.
IMG_1272.jpeg
Our story will begin aboard the Kerlassi Super dreadnaught. This is planet Thandren’s largest and most advanced starship with accommodations for both the Sorcerers and Knights, not to mention room to crew upwards of 22,000 Star sailors. Within is everything needed to lab grow food, purify water from comets, and collect fuel from the Astral plane. A special section on the bridge separated from the command deck exists to allow sorcerers to weave stability fields around the vessel prior to any astral jumps.

Also contained within the vehicle are several deployable forward bases, recreational areas, medical bays, four olympic swimming pools, two gyms, and a variety of other slice of life facilities designed to make this journey easier on those who take it. If you made it on this ship, it was a one way ticket. None onboard know when the mission will be completed, as our mission is currently to establish the “first ring” of what will come to be called the Thandren System.

Our first stop will be on the planet Vargiss, Three light years away. Communications with them have been lost. We are to establish contact with Vargiss and determine wether or not the planet is in any danger, if so is the situation salvageable, and if not…we take the planet and wipe out any and all opposition. The knowledge of this mission is widespread throughout the ships, but only the command Sector knows the full details. Even still this mission weighs heavily on some, Thandren is potentially about to declare war on the rest of the human empire.​

I want to be a Cosmic Sorcerer
And thats 2. One more and ill begin the thread construction

Awesome. They have a wide array if capabilities. Im interested to see how you will use them.

i may be interested either as a cosmic sorceror or if the crew might need some sort of fighter pilot?

i may be interested either as a cosmic sorceror or if the crew might need some sort of fighter pilot?
We do have at least 196 starfighters in the hangar bays. With both Atmospheric and void capabilities/weaponry. You could totally take the role of squadron leader and be the chief pilot on deck. You could also be a maverick who doesn’t play well with others.

StarFighter pilots can be from the stellar navy or the Planetary Assault force.

Interested in cosmic sorcerer, but also wondering what the power level of this RP will be. Are we playing as extremely powerful examples of these classes, (i.e. the best of the best,) green new recruits, or somewhere in between? I have a couple of different character ideas, which can land anywhere on that spectrum.

Oh, I can tell I'm about to obsess over this alt-40k space fantasy already.

I'll take literally anything, but I suppose maybe a knight or sorcerer if we don't get too many.

Interested in cosmic sorcerer, but also wondering what the power level of this RP will be. Are we playing as extremely powerful examples of these classes, (i.e. the best of the best,) green new recruits, or somewhere in between? I have a couple of different character ideas, which can land anywhere on that spectrum.
Um a bit of both to be honest. We are the first successful batch of these warriors that hasn’t torn itself apart. So we are the best by default, but still kinda green. knights and sorcerers have not even been around long enough for them to have a general assessment of their power.

Power wise we are looking at between City to small country level characters in the Knights and Sorcerers department. It differs greatly in how its displayed. Sorcerers with enough will and intellect can actually trigger atomic fission with their minds. Easily reaching city level. Meanwhile knights have displayed something akin to superhero physics, such as bearing huge weights without just breaking through the thing, or slipping into the ground. And their weapons tend to be more focused on AP than widespread damage, but can penetrate even large ships shields and armor. (If they can fly that is)

your standard planetary assault soldier could probably scale to Mid-large building level on their own due to the weaponry available, things like relativistic speed railguns, Plasma blasters, Antimatter rockets (low yield) are all weapons in this scifi arsenal, with armor and shields being kinda comparable. vehicles in this era can be packed with some incredibly powerful weapons, and usually use hover technology. These vehicles can mimic the destructive capabilities of Knights and Sorcerers, but their armor and shielding is inferior to the defensive capabilities of either Special class.

The ships are pretty OP admittedly. The warp capabilities are slow compared to something like star wars, but far more reliable that warp travel in say 40k. The real strength comes in its ability to generate energy. Large ships like the Kerlassi have Astral reactors that can extract and deposit energy directly into the Astral plane. This actually offers shielding capable of withstanding PK impacts, with the ability to kinda phase the enemies munitions Into either plane of existence as needed. It also allows energy weapons to fire astral energy converted into laser beams. Plus the reactors power it completely pollutant free, and is rumored to have a nigh infinite lifespan as a battery. It’s important enough to have a preprogrammed AI and ejectable chamber. If the ship is compromised it will warp its own reactor back home.

Oh, I can tell I'm about to obsess over this alt-40k space fantasy already.

I'll take literally anything, but I suppose maybe a knight or sorcerer if we don't get too many.
Ill admit 40k may have helped a good deal in the initial stages of development. I think Thandren would be a decent faction in 40k but would probably get overwhelmed pretty quickly.

Ill admit 40k may have helped a good deal in the initial stages of development. I think Thandren would be a decent faction in 40k but would probably get overwhelmed pretty quickly.
Well between the Orks, Tyrannids and simply Chaos itself, I think that might be inevitable either way haha

I've decided I want to play a Star Knight but I'm curious about the armour/weapon they get. Say I wanted a lance and armour-set that possessed a gravity-module, allowing my character to fly and launch waves of energy around. Perhaps also a special move such as folding space to blink about. Is that still in line with the scale here?

Further to that point, can't wait for those threads~ Are you considering using discord as an OOC perchance?

Well between the Orks, Tyrannids and simply Chaos itself, I think that might be inevitable either way haha

I've decided I want to play a Star Knight but I'm curious about the armour/weapon they get. Say I wanted a lance and armour-set that possessed a gravity-module, allowing my character to fly and launch waves of energy around. Perhaps also a special move such as folding space to blink about. Is that still in line with the scale here?

Further to that point, can't wait for those threads~ Are you considering using discord as an OOC perchance?
I was gonna have a discord and an occ.

The folding space thing is actually a bit easier than you would think, a kind of astral walking. Time is wonky there so your able to travel through it at around 1/1000th the standard time flow. Pair that with most knights having some form of accelerated locomotion be it a hover board, jump jets, antigravity skate boots. And you can get that blinking thing you want. Especially as a flier, youd have a huge mobility and possibly speed with gravity manipulation effects.

The armor and weapon is basically a hunk of living metal that absorbs your thoughts, emotions, and plain old neural impulses. Some can even sap memories but we have kinda figured out that talking to it in friendly a way endears the metal to you silly as it sounds. Which can cause it to aim for the stuff that wont be a detriment. Anyway, it grows, morphs shape, and changes into the armor, weapon, and equipment of the knights over the course of about a year. What you put in is what you get out.

For example, im going to have a knight who found this entire experience, the coming war, the possibility of raiding Human planets etc, and he talked to his armor about that, it ate his fears, anger, and despair about the situation, making him generally happy. But the armor matured into a black suit that has issues performing non lethally. And is something its user is genuinely afraid of.

I was gonna have a discord and an occ.

The folding space thing is actually a bit easier than you would think, a kind of astral walking. Time is wonky there so your able to travel through it at around 1/1000th the standard time flow. Pair that with most knights having some form of accelerated locomotion be it a hover board, jump jets, antigravity skate boots. And you can get that blinking thing you want. Especially as a flier, youd have a huge mobility and possibly speed with gravity manipulation effects.

The armor and weapon is basically a hunk of living metal that absorbs your thoughts, emotions, and plain old neural impulses. Some can even sap memories but we have kinda figured out that talking to it in friendly a way endears the metal to you silly as it sounds. Which can cause it to aim for the stuff that wont be a detriment. Anyway, it grows, morphs shape, and changes into the armor, weapon, and equipment of the knights over the course of about a year. What you put in is what you get out.

For example, im going to have a knight who found this entire experience, the coming war, the possibility of raiding Human planets etc, and he talked to his armor about that, it ate his fears, anger, and despair about the situation, making him generally happy. But the armor matured into a black suit that has issues performing non lethally. And is something its user is genuinely afraid of.
Awesome, I look forward to it.

This astral stuff sure is handy! I appreciate there are mechanics in place for these kind of skills already, but are you okay with the idea I put forward specifically as well? I was hoping for a "gravity drive" sort of item that could manipulate/manifest points of gravitational attraction, allowing me to get a little creative when needed - hence the blink question.

I'm itching to mess around with gravity yet feel that if I chose to be a sorcerer we might get somewhat oversaturated depending on popular demand. Hope I'm not asking too much~

That a very nice twist on the cursed gear trope; empowered by negativity to charge one with overwhelming power. I love the idea of rumour and legend surrounding people or items of interest, just the fantasy I needed amidst these tasty grimdark tones. I reckon I'll be going for a reliable and friendly knight that obsessively prides himself over "a warrior's skill" to the point of mischievously disobeying higher command to test his technique against dangerous foes. Not quite full-Goku, perhaps a little more humble and respectful outwardly.

Ok guys here is the lore. We should be finishing up the threads within the next 2-3 hours.

I have currently decided to forgo the Planetary assault force and the Stellar navy due to their history and growth pretty much being covered in the current tabs of lore.

However if you would like me to put them up as well please don’t hesitate to let me know.

ItcamefromtheVoid ItcamefromtheVoid Kloudy Kloudy AnonyMouse AnonyMouse monxmiracle monxmiracle .empathogen. .empathogen. Archie Archie

And without further ado.

Your Cs page.

Ill help out anywhere you need it. There are bound to be some holes in my lore and considering Thandrens really loose immigration policy you might even be able to make up your own planet of origin if you want.

Let me know if you want a leadership role.

We still need

General commander of the Star knights.

Sorcerer Supreme of the Cosmic Sorcerers.

Planetary Assault Command (Multiple leaders here)

Stellar navy command officers (Multiple leaders here.)

All leaders will answer too and work closely with the admiral.

ItcamefromtheVoid ItcamefromtheVoid Kloudy Kloudy AnonyMouse AnonyMouse monxmiracle monxmiracle .empathogen. .empathogen. Archie Archie

If the Sorcerer/Sorceress Supreme is still available, I'm interested!

If allowed, I'd also like to have a second character? Im thinking either part of the Stellar Navy or a Star Knight

If the Sorcerer/Sorceress Supreme is still available, I'm interested!

If allowed, I'd also like to have a second character? Im thinking either part of the Stellar Navy or a Star Knight
Well considering i have three peoples…i cant think of a reason to deny a second. Have at it fluffy one.

We are still looking for a few more people.

I will be placing a cosmic horror lore tab up soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back