• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings stalkers, ghosts, angst, conspiracies, and more! angsty m/m romance

ashen.eidolon

where do we go now but nowhere?

About Me
hello, i'm ashen.eidolon, you can refer to me as that or as my real name which is petra.

i'm twenty-seven, a stay at home mom of a 13 month old, and a passionate writer hobbyist. besides writing i dabble in painting, collaging, crocheting, cooking, and reading is my true love.

i began roleplaying when i was entirely too young to be on the internet, let alone communicating with strangers on it haha, but have been at this for many years. i've had a rpnation account before, but started fresh as i have been out of the game for quite some time. still, i am familiar with how all of it works.

i'm not the biggest into coding or using coded replies in rps, but am learning a little bit here and there.

i'm a moderate to advanced roleplayer, i enjoy thoroughly discussed and planned plots, characters with the ability to develop as the story moves along, and post length doesn't matter as much as the quality of the post itself. i'm no grammar police, just appreciate when everyone is doing their best, as i will always try to do mine as well.
Looking For
i am looking for another moderate to advanced style roleplayer who is willing to co-plot as much as co-write. i don't demand that you speak to me out of character/chat for fun, but am very welcoming of it if you decide to. but i do expect communication about the rp to remain strong, as i feel that is the only way to truly keep one going.

all romance plots currently are m/m, but i am open to doubling, having other lead characters who are female, all that.

preferably i would have another adult who is relatively lax on posting consistency. i would rather post once or twice every week or so and keep the story moving at a good pace than try to crank out a ton of replies every day. my patience is legendary so i do not expect immediate responses from you, either.

i would say i am relatively ghost friendly. however i am also easy going and not going to be upset if you decide to let me know you're not feeling it anymore, or your schedule has become too full to accommodate the roleplay moving forward.

a reasonable amount of literacy is required, and i would prefer a partner 18+

ps. not capitalizing any letters is an aesthetic choice and in roleplay i will definitely be using proper grammar and punctuation lol
Interests and Plots
i only do original plots and characters. i'm picky about my media as it is but i rarely ever feel comfortable writing in a fandom setting or with their characters. however, i do enjoy roleplays based on existing settings from time to time.

i have no triggers or hard lines, please make yours known if you do. i am looking for someone comfortable with darker themes.

i do not do spicy scenes, they would be fade to black. but happy to do general romance.

i have several plots below but if you think we would click and you have an idea you believe i would be interested in, please do not hesitate to run it by me.

word bank

⋆ gritty ⋆ fairytale ⋆ mythology ⋆ folklore ⋆ horror ⋆ supernatural ⋆ paranormal ⋆ witchy ⋆ historical ⋆ slice of life ⋆ apocalyptic ⋆ song based ⋆ slow burn ⋆ dysfunctional families ⋆ school/academy ⋆ boarding school ⋆ royalty ⋆ fae ⋆ science fiction ⋆ cryptids ⋆ mystery ⋆ religious ⋆ religious horror ⋆ gothic ⋆ forbidden romance ⋆ arranged marriage ⋆ taboo ⋆ angst ⋆ restaurant life ⋆ addiction ⋆ crime ⋆ gangs ⋆ dark secrets ⋆ nomads ⋆ van life ⋆ dark academia ⋆ 1980s ⋆ 1990s ⋆ circus / sideshow ⋆ coming of age ⋆ fantasy ⋆ cowboys/wild west/weird west ⋆

plots

all of these are currently modern/slice of life, but i am comfortable in nearly every setting from fantasy to science fiction to modern to whatever your heart desires. i just don't have any current fleshed out ideas for other settings.

modern or recent history

cop ⋆ stalker ⋆ small town ⋆ modern
muse a is a smalltown cop with big city dreams. they worked hard to obtain their job, but always wanted more. their goal was to become a homicide detective in a larger city, maybe new york, who knows? the sky was the limit, always had been for them. or, it used to be... their job had started out great, they loved their coworkers, excelled in their position, but something happened. after about a year of working, they were having trouble sleeping, their job performance started suffering, they were placed on administrative leave to figure things out. what they had not yet told anyone was that they were paranoid. about what? it was hard to say. they had started feeling uncomfortable in their own home like someone or something was watching them. considering it might be time for some therapy and perhaps a career change, muse a is faced with making difficult decisions.
muse b is their best friend. unlike muse a who had a relatively structured upbringing, muse b has always had relative chaos in their life. parents split, older siblings flew the nest the second they could. as the youngest member of their family, they have always felt forgotten. the only consistency in their life has been muse a since graduating high school and becoming friends at the age of 18. neither one had left their hometown yet, and muse b didn't really plan on ever doing so. they were intimidated by the idea of a big city, a real career. they would rather make ends meet and maintain some semblance of security in a small town. when muse a became a cop, this was already one serious violation in their mind, as they felt their friend was putting themself at risk. over time, their affection for muse a turned into obsession, and now, willing to do whatever it takes to keep them from leaving, they have taken to, as they put it, keeping a close eye on their friend. making sure that they aren't taking any steps to leave town, or ditch the friendship.

ideas: muse b is sort of stalking their best friend of several years, and also manipulating circumstances in their life to try to scare them into staying in their home town and not going back to work as a cop. they slowly try to isolate muse a from their family and friends. for a while, muse a is none the wiser, and even opens up to their friend about the feelings of paranoia they are experiencing.

i'm feeling lots of drama, isolation, mental gymnastics, maybe muse a starts to have feelings for muse b in the midst of all the insanity, maybe muse b starts to feel guilty for stalking/actively trying to ruin muse a's life... sort of inspired by You but not super heavily so. wouldn't be disappointed if perhaps it went in a similar direction to that show, happy to do something totally different as well!

romance ⋆ paranormal ⋆ drama ⋆ mystery ⋆ modern
muse a is a conspiracy nut. also really into the paranormal. and any other nerdy thing you can think of. they have been this way since childhood. running after one tall tale to the next, always wanting to discover bigfoot or see a ghost. it was their dream to grow up and become a paranormal investigator. they've just graduated high school and plan on doing that alongside their best friend.
muse b used to be really into these things, too. their fondest memories of childhood are the ones made with muse a growing up, exploring their town in search of answers to local mysteries. but, that is all it is to them now, memories. they are growing up now, ready to settle down. they have feelings, real feelings, for muse a and hope that they can plan a life and settle down together now that they're adults. they haven't spoken this out loud to muse a but they believe the romantic interest is mutual. it's time to put childish things aside and plan college or careers, or marriage...

ideas: muse a and muse b have always been best friends, but after all these years both of them are feeling something a little more than friendship. unfortunately, that feeling is a little stronger for muse b than muse a. muse a just isn't ready to grow up yet. now that they're adults muse a believes they can realize their childhood dreams of hunting ghosts and solving mysteries, and muse b has other plans that involve discussing their feelings for each other.

for this i see a lot of angst, maybe it starts out okay, but as it goes along muse b starts to realize muse a isn't going to grow up anytime soon. muse a doesn't want to lose muse b so they try to do just enough growing up to get by, but muse b starts to talk about marriage, children... muse b realizes they're never going to have what they want but just can't bear to let go... lots of sad.

romance ⋆ angst ⋆ drama ⋆ crime ⋆ modern
muse a had a rough upbringing, with addict parents, living below the poverty line, foster care homes, and constant chaos. they've graduated high school and started community college, while living with roommates and working as often as they can at what is mostly a dead-end job with no real opportunities. they're just holding out until something better comes along or they're able to complete college and land a dream job in their field. there are big things ahead, as far as they're concerned. they haven't dated anyone in fears of taking their attention off of the goal: financial success and a stable life. that is, until they meet muse b.
muse b is charismatic and fun, goes to the same college as muse a and seems to have big dreams. they had a more stable upbringing, a little cushion of parent-supplied money, but overall seem to have solid work ethic and plans for their future, too. they hit it off right away and muse a thinks it's just another puzzle piece falling into place. a perfect partner to go along with a perfect life and future. they have plans of becoming self-made together, opening a business together, and being happy.
until muse b gets in with the wrong crowd. black markets, illegal substances, and shady characters abound, muse b finds themselves constantly lying, hiding things, hoping muse a doesn't catch on to their new lifestyle and addictions...

ideas: for this i think it would be good to start when everything is fine, they've just met and are getting to know each other. some light romance and fun stuff, then over time muse b gets into some precarious situations and illegal activities. maybe both characters even start a business together, and muse a even drops out of college to focus full time on the business because they really believe that there's hope for their future if they keep working hard at it. slowly muse a starts to realize something is up, and then all kinds of drama because this is the very lifestyle they were trying to escape. ideally, i would have a partner who wouldn't mind maybe involving other characters down the line for us to introduce to keep the story going, someone who is fine with keeping communication up so we can keep the story moving forward.

drama ⋆ angst ⋆ addiction ⋆ slice of life ⋆ modern or 70s-90s
muse a and muse b both recently left separate rehab facilities. they met years ago in high school but were never friends, muse a being more alternative and muse b being more popular. the only thing they have in common now is dealing with a recent past of addiction and struggles. they have both moved back to their hometowns and live with their respective families, for better or for worse. they have to try to build themselves up again after being given this one shot at a clean slate.

ideas: obviously this isn't much of a plot. i would just like to do something with two in-recovery characters as they develop their relationship and see if they can walk the straight and narrow. i like the idea of their hometown being smaller, and they have to come up with ways to distract themselves and also stay away from any triggers, but maybe both of their families are kind of chaotic and play a part in recovery being really difficult for them.

small town ⋆ romance ⋆ drama ⋆ coming of age

In a rural southern town where the highlight of everyone's week is friday night football, a recently graduated star athlete and an aspiring religious leader are about to have the summer that changes the course of their lives forever.

muse a just graduated high school and needs to decide what to do with their future. lacking the desire to go pro with sports and having no other ideas, they are hoping to take a gap year despite their parents insistence on finding their path in life.

muse b is turning 21 this summer and has already taken a position on staff at their church in pursuit of a full time ministry career.

muse a and muse b have always known each other, but they were never friends because they were never in the same grade. both have been secretly questioning their sexuality for years, and they have always thought the other was attractive enough, but they've never really talked.

but, the summer is upon them, and they end up meeting properly. after that, they find themselves unable to ignore very obvious feelings that only grow stronger.

ideas for this: i know the description seems light hearted, but i don't want it to be too fluffy. i mean, some fluff in the beginning would be fine, but ideally this takes some dark turns here and there. muse a and muse b both have reasons to want to hide their true sexuality, with it being a small town and them both being young, prominent figures. their families would never approve. so on and so forth. it would be a coming of age/coming out story with any additional themes we decided. i'm thinking that both of them have walked the straight and narrow for so long now that they both want to experiment with all kinds of things. i'm seeing muse a no older than 18 and of course muse b is turning 21. i'm very open to any ideas you may have for this one, because i would like to see it go interesting places. i have no preferred time period for this but have a slight preference for muse b. but i can go either way. please please be okay with darker themes for this because i do want to make this something of a character exploration and it could go in any direction with something like that.

modern ⋆ drama ⋆ riches to rags

muse a is a spoiled heir to a family fortune. They've spent the majority of their life getting their way and that's exactly how they like it. never having worked for anything, they're very out of touch with reality and the day to day struggles of the common man.

muse b is working hard on their future, but is also dirt poor and having a difficult time managing every day life.

somehow the two meet and sparks immediately fly.

muse a has been exploring their sexuality for years but muse b is the first time they will have actually acted on that exploration. however muse a's very traditional family is not pleased to learn of the relationship. even worse, muse a and and muse b quickly decide they want to get married. muse a's family makes it clear they would not have their blessing. they cut muse a off in every way from emotionally to financially.

at first muse a is unfazed, they're hopelessly in love and are convinced love will always be enough. but.... then the relationship begins to have it's problems. muse a begins to wonder if they've thrown their life away on a fling, and muse b is fighting to keep muse a's affections and attention on them as they grow bored. all the endearing qualities of muse b's "normal" and "picturesque" life that muse a once admired are now just every day annoyances. muse b used to find muse a naïve and adorable, but now they are growing tired of having to babysit someone through life. both are realizing this might have been a mistake, but there is little to be done for it.

ideas for this: I want to point out immediately that I want some of the tragedy in this to be that muse a might be losing feelings for real while muse b, though a little irritated, is genuinely in love. but the tldr is that a former rich kid gets with someone living in poverty and gets excommunicated from their family. they're faced with no choice but to make the relationship work or make their own way in life.
but yeah i welcome all sorts of themes for this one because i don't like when things are very light hearted. i do want this to be a little darker. i am open to anyone willing to plot for this because it's an idea i really want to do. i'm leaning more towards muse b myself but i am actually very open to being muse a as well.

rules
most of this was covered in the about me section but just so it's laid out in one place for clarification:

m/m plots currently desired

moderate to advanced roleplay style and literacy

happy to add you on discord for ooc stuff but it's not a requirement

romance is welcome and encouraged, but fade to black for anything explicit

be patient with me and i'll be patient with you; i am a stay at home mom, my posting frequency will fall within the every week or so scale, sometimes more or less. i am happy to be patient with you for any reason as well

i love drama and angst, please be ok with mature and/or dark themes

please pm me and don't comment on this thread, unless you are not able to pm yet.

realistic face claims only, please

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back