• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Stained Glass [CLOSED]

Naeva Ami

Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
When society tossed them aside, everything felt hopeless. How's a kid to survive in a world that simply doesn't want them around? Its too much to bear. But like-minded souls tend to flock together. And as they say, it takes a village to raise a child.

The Setup:
This is an interest check for a small group RP, Stained Glass. This is a family-oriented roleplay taking place in 1995. Five young individuals ended up out on the streets. Whether they're orphans, runaways, or tossed out of their homes, these five have nowhere to go, until they found each other. Against all odds, they came together, forged friendships, and became a family of their own. They took up residence in a previously abandoned church that needs a lot of work, but together they all pitch in, help each other, and make new life for themselves. These five are ride or die for one another, and have been living together for 1-5 years, depending on the character.

Who I'm Looking For:
It's designed to be run with a small group, with room for a growing cast. I'm looking for four other people to join me, to keep it manageable and tight-knit. Here's a list of specifics:
  1. This would be an 18+ roleplay for comfort's sake on my end, as I am an older roleplayer. My apologies to the talented younger crowd.
  2. Expectation would be one post per week, though you're welcome to post more. If life gets in the way, and you need more than a week, no problem, just try to keep the group informed. Over a month of uninformed absence would result in a dropped character, for the sake of keeping things going for everyone else. I want to keep the pace manageable and fair.
  3. Each person would be initially limited to one of the five family characters, with room to play new primary or secondary characters as the rp grows.
  4. Post lengths would have a requirement of 2 decent sized paragraphs minimum, with no upper limit. I would encourage thoughtful posts that keep things moving and provide enough detail for your partners to reply well. While also understanding that not everything needs to be long. Some moments are just short.
  5. This rp would be an LGBTQ+ friendly space, romance of all kinds is welcome, however, the core five characters are family, and there will be no romance between them. This is what the growing cast is for, should the need arise.
  6. If this idea picks up enough to move ahead, there will be applications. First come first serve will apply for reservations to get an application in, but an application will still need to be approved before joining the group.

The Characters:
There are pre-established roles for the five characters to try and fill different needs within the group. Each character serves two roles, and can be whatever gender you please. And although they have their set roles, the family often share responsibilities based on who's available or interested at the time. Generally, I'd like to stick to these, but I'm open to discussing different roles if you have an idea you think would fit. If you're interested in a role, let me know and I will reserve them for you, until the point of applications if I/we can drum up enough interest for this roleplay.

UPDATE: All roles have been filled, we're not accepting any new characters at this time.

The Leader / Homebody - [Emery - Played by Nomai]
  • Age 18-20
  • Leader of the family, initially due to being the oldest. However they stepped up to take responsibility as the family matriarch/patriarch.
  • They spend most of their time at home taking care of the place, and the family. While everyone contributes, they're in charge of tasks like cleaning, laundry and supply management
  • The first of the group to meet another, and start the family.
  • Old enough to now go off on their own as an adult, conflicted on whether they should.
The Scavenger / Handywoman - [Marissa - Played by Naeva Ami]
  • Age 15 - 17
  • Responsible for gathering supplies for the family. Whether through purchased goods, or more commonly, scavenging. Has a talent for finding diamonds in the rough and negotiating for trade.
  • Fixes or builds for the family. Whether its a broken leg on a table, a leaky sink, or someone wants a new shelf, they make it happen. Even if its sometimes just scrap cobbled together with tape.
  • Third to have joined the family
The Fashionista / Treasurer - [Evangeline - Played by PinkChiffon]
  • Age 16-18
  • Talented in the areas of fashion and personal grooming. Responsible for being the group hairdresser, mending clothes, and ensuring everyone dresses like a well taken care of middle class teenager, rather than the poor orphans they are.
  • Proven to be the most financially responsible of the group, and appointed treasurer. All money flows through them for supplies, allowances, and expenses.
  • Considered the second in command within the family, takes charge when The Leader cannot.
  • Second to join the family
The Cook / Medic - [Seong- Played by Nothingness]
  • Age 15-17
  • Someone who loves cooking. Able to take even the most plain ingredients and turn it into something delicious. In charge of food supplies management. Keeps nutrition in mind and knows how to ration.
  • Has an aptitude for medicine to a limited degree. The one who handles cuts, scrapes, stitches, and illness within the group.
  • Fourth to join the family
The Techie / Planner - [Sage - Played by 606]
  • Age 15 - 17
  • Good with technology and electronics. Responsible for setting the house up with minimal electricity. Anything tech related is their realm.
  • Exceptionally well organized, the Planner brings together the group's needs, always looking two steps ahead to look for solutions. They're the ones getting the group ready for winter, navigating politics of the community/city, and helping the less organized of the group keep their schedules.
  • Considered the smartest in the group.
  • Fifth to join the family

Interested?
If you'd like to reserve the open spot, please let me know either here, by DM's. Or if you feel ready, send in an application here. Any questions, concerns, ideas, do speak up!

Last edited:
Aw I love this idea! I would absolutely be interested in the Leader/Homebody role!

Thank you! Would you like us to get to work on applications now, or wait to see if there is more interest first?

Thank you! Would you like us to get to work on applications now, or wait to see if there is more interest first?
I'm working on an application sheet now, which I'll have ready for everyone shortly. I think we've got enough interest to get rolling on applications. Coming soon! Will tag everyone who's expressed interest once ready.

Applications are now open! I'm still working on mine, you're welcome to wait for me to finish, or to just go ahead.

Those of you who've reserved a role already, your reservation will last for five days, after which point the spot is up for grabs to apply for. Nomai Nomai Pipsqueak Pipsqueak PinkChiffon PinkChiffon

Those of you who have not reserved, please check the above character list to see what roles are open to apply for. Currently, its just the Techie / Planner role. If you're interested but that role doesn't suit you? Feel free to reach out and suggest something else.

All applications will be approved, discussed, or declined in private, by me, through DM's. If you haven't heard from me, its because I haven't had time to get to it yet.

If your application is accepted, I hope to have everyone invited to a private discord to discuss the rp. But I don't want to exclude people who don't want to use discord, so this is a question in the application.

If you have any questions, please let me know!

hey!! was just scrolling and id be interested in the techie role of that's still open!!

Apologies in the delay of getting my CS up, folks! I'll have it posted by the end of the day or tomorrow at the latest.

When society tossed them aside, everything felt hopeless. How's a kid to survive in a world that simply doesn't want them around? Its too much to bear. But like-minded souls tend to flock together. And as they say, it takes a village to raise a child.

The Setup:
This is an interest check for a small group RP, Stained Glass. This is a family-oriented roleplay taking place in 1995. Five young individuals ended up out on the streets. Whether they're orphans, runaways, or tossed out of their homes, these five have nowhere to go, until they found each other. Against all odds, they came together, forged friendships, and became a family of their own. They took up residence in a previously abandoned church that needs a lot of work, but together they all pitch in, help each other, and make new life for themselves. These five are ride or die for one another, and have been living together for 1-5 years, depending on the character.

Who I'm Looking For:
It's designed to be run with a small group, with room for a growing cast. I'm looking for four other people to join me, to keep it manageable and tight-knit. Here's a list of specifics:
  1. This would be an 18+ roleplay for comfort's sake on my end, as I am an older roleplayer. My apologies to the talented younger crowd.
  2. Expectation would be one post per week, though you're welcome to post more. If life gets in the way, and you need more than a week, no problem, just try to keep the group informed. Over a month of uninformed absence would result in a dropped character, for the sake of keeping things going for everyone else. I want to keep the pace manageable and fair.
  3. Each person would be initially limited to one of the five family characters, with room to play new primary or secondary characters as the rp grows.
  4. Post lengths would have a requirement of 2 decent sized paragraphs minimum, with no upper limit. I would encourage thoughtful posts that keep things moving and provide enough detail for your partners to reply well. While also understanding that not everything needs to be long. Some moments are just short.
  5. This rp would be an LGBTQ+ friendly space, romance of all kinds is welcome, however, the core five characters are family, and there will be no romance between them. This is what the growing cast is for, should the need arise.
  6. If this idea picks up enough to move ahead, there will be applications. First come first serve will apply for reservations to get an application in, but an application will still need to be approved before joining the group.

The Characters:
There are pre-established roles for the five characters to try and fill different needs within the group. Each character serves two roles, and can be whatever gender you please. And although they have their set roles, the family often share responsibilities based on who's available or interested at the time. Generally, I'd like to stick to these, but I'm open to discussing different roles if you have an idea you think would fit. If you're interested in a role, let me know and I will reserve them for you, until the point of applications if I/we can drum up enough interest for this roleplay.

UPDATE: The role of 'The Cook / Medic' is now open and accepting applications. The rp has already started, but is only 4 posts in so far, as we're now looking for a replacement character. If you're interested, but this specific role doesn't appeal, let me know and we can discuss other ideas you may have.

The Leader / Homebody - [Emery - Played by Nomai]
  • Age 18-20
  • Leader of the family, initially due to being the oldest. However they stepped up to take responsibility as the family matriarch/patriarch.
  • They spend most of their time at home taking care of the place, and the family. While everyone contributes, they're in charge of tasks like cleaning, laundry and supply management
  • The first of the group to meet another, and start the family.
  • Old enough to now go off on their own as an adult, conflicted on whether they should.
The Scavenger / Handywoman - [Marissa - Played by Naeva Ami]
  • Age 15 - 17
  • Responsible for gathering supplies for the family. Whether through purchased goods, or more commonly, scavenging. Has a talent for finding diamonds in the rough and negotiating for trade.
  • Fixes or builds for the family. Whether its a broken leg on a table, a leaky sink, or someone wants a new shelf, they make it happen. Even if its sometimes just scrap cobbled together with tape.
  • Third to have joined the family
The Fashionista / Treasurer - [Evangeline - Played by PinkChiffon]
  • Age 16-18
  • Talented in the areas of fashion and personal grooming. Responsible for being the group hairdresser, mending clothes, and ensuring everyone dresses like a well taken care of middle class teenager, rather than the poor orphans they are.
  • Proven to be the most financially responsible of the group, and appointed treasurer. All money flows through them for supplies, allowances, and expenses.
  • Considered the second in command within the family, takes charge when The Leader cannot.
  • Second to join the family
The Cook / Medic - [OPEN]
  • Age 15-17
  • Someone who loves cooking. Able to take even the most plain ingredients and turn it into something delicious. In charge of food supplies management. Keeps nutrition in mind and knows how to ration.
  • Has an aptitude for medicine to a limited degree. The one who handles cuts, scrapes, stitches, and illness within the group.
  • Fourth to join the family
The Techie / Planner - [Sage - Played by 606]
  • Age 15 - 17
  • Good with technology and electronics. Responsible for setting the house up with minimal electricity. Anything tech related is their realm.
  • Exceptionally well organized, the Planner brings together the group's needs, always looking two steps ahead to look for solutions. They're the ones getting the group ready for winter, navigating politics of the community/city, and helping the less organized of the group keep their schedules.
  • Considered the smartest in the group.
  • Fifth to join the family

Interested?
If you'd like to reserve the open spot, please let me know either here, by DM's. Or if you feel ready, send in an application here. Any questions, concerns, ideas, do speak up!
Hi hi!!!
I'm!! Rather new to new this website but I'm very interested in the cook/medic role assuming it's still open!!
I have a few years of roleplay experience although I hope it's okay if I'm a bit rusty at first... If you're willing to be patient with me I'm sure I'll get the hang of it again in no time!

Hi hi!!!
I'm!! Rather new to new this website but I'm very interested in the cook/medic role assuming it's still open!!
I have a few years of roleplay experience although I hope it's okay if I'm a bit rusty at first... If you're willing to be patient with me I'm sure I'll get the hang of it again in no time!
Hello! Thank you for your interest!
The role is still open, and no worries about being rusty. Please feel free to apply! Or if you have any questions, just let me know here or in DM's, and I'd be happy to talk through anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back