• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern St. Thomas School for Gifted Individuals - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here

im jess saying

(she/her)
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hey look, I came up with a name for the school! But, I need your help. Collaborate with me on the world!

Basically, I super want it to be a school for people of all ages who harness some sort of power or mutant ability but it's super underwraps and secretive.

So! Give me some ideas about the lore! Help me build this world.

Side note, super not into anime so this is a real life face claim only rp.

WhipDing WhipDing Not An Alien Not An Alien FoolsErin FoolsErin Loki777 Loki777 Unicorn666 Unicorn666 apolla apolla August August Its_Just_E Its_Just_E Lonewolf26 Lonewolf26 CrookedCrow CrookedCrow ColoredSparkler ColoredSparkler Reticent Reticent

Hmm, well first thing to address in the idea is why it is underwraps and secretive.
Are they being hunted and need the school to not be so open because it'd endanger them? Are they just not accepted in normal society, or is everything fine, and this school has some dark secrets?

Hmm, well first thing to address in the idea is why it is underwraps and secretive.
Are they being hunted and need the school to not be so open because it'd endanger them? Are they just not accepted in normal society, or is everything fine, and this school has some dark secrets?
I would say it's probably the governments doing. They know about beings with spectacular abilities and they want to keep them separate from "normal" beings.

Why does the government want to keep them separate? And what happens after they finish this school? Are they being taught how to handle their powers so they can fit in with the norm, or other stuff?

The government could just be trying to keep them secret to protect society and it's sanity. They could know the gifted people would fight back if they got killed off, so the government set up this school to teach young people to integrate into normal society?

Maybe it was the government that caused it all to begin with - a chemical that accidentally got released into the wild perhaps, and affected a certain percentage of the population?

Maybe it was the government that caused it all to begin with - a chemical that accidentally got released into the wild perhaps, and affected a certain percentage of the population?
The government could just be trying to keep them secret to protect society and it's sanity. They could know the gifted people would fight back if they got killed off, so the government set up this school to teach young people to integrate into normal society?

Ohhhh yes to both. I love the collaboration

I'd like to think that the majority of powered individuals don't actually know about this - only the people who are at the very head of the school have any idea.

EDIT: Oh, maybe the head of the school-board could be a rare mutant advocate? Maybe they're the only one keeping the government happy, to prevent any 'extermination' or 'weaponization' plots, and is pretty much constantly fighting their case.

Last edited:
I'm late to the party, sorry. I didn't gey any notifications for some odd reason-
Anyway I read the plot ideas above and I second all those ideas!

"Welcome to St. Thomas School for Gifted Individuals.

You have been recruited for your special abilities and unique qualities.
Here at St. Thomas we will teach you to control.
We will teach you how to use these abilities for good.
We will teach you respect and acceptance.

These next four years will be difficult.
There will be points where you want to give up and throw in the towel.
Please, stick to your teachings.
You will accomplish great things.
And remember, with great power comes great responsibility.
Thank you and congratulations."

- Head Master Florence Cahill​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back