• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Squishy's Search Thread - Updated 8/03/23

Squishyness

some say you're the reason why I feel this way
Squishy's Search Thread
Read the FAQ first. Please and Thank you!​
  1. I am 30+​
  2. No Godmodding​
  3. No Explicit Sexual Content​
  4. When it comes to possible romances, I have no preference over sexuality or gender, but I heavily favor platonic ships.​
  5. I can be slow to respond, but minimally I try to do one response a day.​
  6. Bother me if I've taken a long time to respond. I don't mind it.​
  7. I prefer paragraph responses. I try for 1 to 2 paragraphs a post , but will use short responses to move plot along.​
  8. My time zone is central. I am between jobs so I will be on at odd hours.​
  9. I'm ditch friendly.​
  10. I have no trigger warnings at the moment. Please alert me to any of yours.​
  11. Please keep to this site. I'm shit at keeping up with other accounts.​
  12. Have fun! :D If you aren't having fun please let me know or drop the RP.​

Fun Stuff: Plots
These are mostly just jumping off points, or inspiration.
Please ask questions and expand on anything you like.
Or let me know of any similar plots you might have!​

Found at the End of the World
(Post Apocalyptic, Wilderness, Survival)​

September 20xx,

Wolves got into my rabbit traps. They're moving closer into the valley. I'm going to have to move up my timeline to fix that broken fence. I wonder if I can catch McKenzie before he packs up and leaves. I'll be the last of the holdouts. Everyone left the valley even before whatever knocked out our power. They say it's better in the big cities, but I'm not convinced. I can live off the land, I can survive by myself. I'm sure of it. What worries me is the cold. It's colder now than this time last year. It'll be a hard winter. I just need to be prepared. The other night, I thought I heard a rumble out there. Like a train; most likely a moose or that bear... I'm hearing it now... No, that's not an animal. That's a plane!

Sample Plot: This is just a The Long Dark RP. Muse A has lived in a remote part of the Yukon for most of his adult years, preferring the isolation and living off the land. A few months ago a geomagnetic storm damaged a lot of the world's electrical devices. The world is slowly recovering but a lot of the more remote areas have been left to return to a life without electricity. Muse B is traveling in a small biplane to get to one of these remote places for something important, when another geomagnetic storm hits and knocks their plane into the wilderness. Muse A finds them and nurses them back to health, while deciding whether they'll accompany them to finish their journey or continue to live in isolation.

More info: I love the video game The Long Dark a lot and just think it would be a fun world to RP. You don't need to know anything about the game but I will be using the world and the game mechanics for plot points and wilderness survival so it won't be true to life, just fun drama! We can also change the way Muse A and Muse B meet, it doesn't have to be as dramatic as a plane crash but it allows for some early hurt/comfort which I'm always a sucker for. I would probably take Muse A to set the scene but I'm open to changing up the dynamic if you have anything better.

The Rite Stuff
(Possession, Occult, Modern)​

There are whispers spreading along the campus halls of a new game everyone is playing. You take a coin, the older the better, and place it in the middle of the room. Grab something sharp, most people use a needle, to be conspicuous. Prick your palm, hard enough to draw blood and place carefully place it in the center of the coin. Recite the words. Finally place the needle, standing on end, into the drop of blood. If done correctly it will stand without any help. From here, accounts differ. Some say the lights will always flicker. Other's say phones lose all their charge. Best of all thought, everyone says whatever you REALLY want will be granted if you ask for it. But watch out, some people say they start to see things after the game, like something following them home....

Sample Plot: Muse A is a student (this could be anywhere between grade school up to college) when they hear about this new supernatural fad. Think light as a feather, stiff as a board type of game or charlie charlie for younger folks. They are super lonely and are hoping to gain some friends from playing, they get more than they bargain for when Muse B ends up possessing them. Muse B is a very powerful supernatural creature maybe even a demon but whatever Muse A does during the incantation they are now fully under the control of this kid! Hijinks ensue!!! Just watched a possesion movie and I am totally up for this type of plot lol. Basically this is a YuGiOh or Hikaru No Go type plot where this powerful spirit is now helping out a younger person try and survive school. Muse A doesn't have to be school aged if we can figure out something similar, but I heavily prefer to play Muse B. I can be talked out of it if you have a good idea for this :D

This House Runneth Over
(Mystery, Surreal, Horror)​

Four walls and a door does not a house make. A house is shelter, yes, but more than that it's built with the idea that a man, if he so desires, could live out the rest of his life in peace and prosperity within those walls by imbuing the space with warmth, love, and family. Ideally. Then again, there are walls that absorb malice. Doors that lead to hell. In those cases your house is most certainly not a home made for the living and the space is instead twisted into near nightmares. The man that resides inside such a place, I'd shutter to think what they would do if you tried to move in to their house.

Sample Plot: Muse A buys a new house and is ready to start a new life in an out of the way scenic, country side. All seems to be going well until strange things start happening within. The number of windows seems to change from day to day, furniture seems pushed away from the walls, and one day a door appears that Muse A is sure wasn't there before. Not able to move out so quickly they call Muse B (a professional of some sort) to help them figure out what is going on! Muse A and B begin an investigation that slowly unravels a house that shouldn't be able to exist, much bigger on the inside than should be possible, and housing an inhabitant that hasn't been disturbed for centuries.

More Info: Guess who read House of Leaves! I loved that book so much and wouldn't mind using it as a prompt for an RP. Basically something that Muse A did awakened the house and if Muse A and B don't go into the bowels of the house than whatever lives within will grow strong enough to escape and go after them. We can create family members for Muse A or an investigation team that comes along with Muse B or it can just be two against this ancient, lovecraftian house. I am open to suggestions!

She's Watched for Years
(Fantasy, Fairy tale, Modern)​

The outside of the weathered, snow covered mansion was all but retaken by the wild mountainous terrain, so much so that it had since been lost to history. It was off the beaten path, a hike that no one in their right mind would take, even if anyone were looking for it. It wasn't just bears and wolves to fear when climbing the mountain, since many accounts from hikers and locals speak of a giant creature that bursts from the trees from time to time. A bird of tremendous size, or so they say. In the end, people have just decided to leave the mountain, and by extension the house, to the wilderness.

More Info: This plot can go a few different ways, but mainly Muse A will discover the house and Muse B will be the monster living in the house. From there it can splinter however you like. I prefer to play Muse B, but depending on how we go about it I can take either. I have a plot that I came up with personally, but we can go with something else too.

Sample Plot: Contacted by a deceased relative's lawyer, Muse A finds out they were included in a hefty inheritance. While other cousins and nephews received old silverware, cars or even straight up money Muse A received the deed to an old property. Looking more into the matter it turns out it's a mansion, named Fortuna, up in the mountains. By all accounts it sits abandoned and derelict. Nobody in the family seems to know very much about the house, but Muse A can trace their family to the nearest city under the mountain as far back as 200 years ago. Feeling shafted and wanting to find out if the place can be flipped or gutted to get a little money out of it Muse A decides to investigate. Within the house Muse A discovered their ancestor, Muse B has been watching over the house as a creature of myth for centuries and can't leave until their curse is broken. Will Muse A want to help or will they too be cursed and become an unwitting companion to the creature of the mountain.

Being Dead Don't Pay the Bills
(Modern, Supernatural, Slice of Life)​

Looking for roommate to help cover rent. Two bedroom, two bath, with spacious living room and kitchen. Washers and dryers located in the building and pets and familiars allowed. Looking for someone who can keep to themselves and is responsible around old, magical items. DO NOT TOUCH THE ANCIENT SKULLS IN THE HALL CLOSET! All undead and adjacent welcome to apply; witches, zombies, vampires, gnomes, demi-gods, angels and/or demons. NO HUMANS! By decree of the Undead Authority living in groups keeps us out of trouble, since we can keep an eye out on each other and not get into too many human problems, so If interested send answer by crow ASAP!

Sample Plot: Muse A needs to find a roommate quickly if they wants to be able to stay in the city. Housing for supernatural creatures is fierce competition since the Undead Authority only allows a small number of permits for Supernatural living. They do so to keep the numbers low so as not to jeopardize human lives, but it means if Muse A can't find a roommate they'll be out of luck to find another place to live within city limits. Muse B is new to the city and lucks out by finding out about the space. Hopefully they can live peacefully together and ( as the Undead Authority hopes) keep each other out of trouble.

More Info: I did this as an RP a long time ago and was always very charmed by the idea of two supernatural creatures just having mundane issues as they try to live together and stay out of human lives. Think What We do in The Shadows level mundane stuff but we can always up the stakes and have our characters get into shenanigans and near misses with both human authorities and the undead ones. I have a character in mind, a death god who works in a funeral home so she will always be bringing around foul smelling things for rituals and maybe even employing your character into going out and getting her fresh bones!

Stuffed!
(Mystery, Magic, Silly)​

One New Voicemail. BEEP: Are you kidding me! I need you to call me back asap, this is an emergency! Not like a call 911 emergency but... like... WORSE! You know how you told me that the weird stuffed animal I won at the carnival looked a little evil? Well, you were right! More than right, the thing is cursed! I woke up this morning and... DUDE, IT TURNED ME INTO A STUFFED ANIMAL! The fur, the stuffing, the being 12 inches tall! Do you know how hard it was to open my phone without fingers? I know-- I know I must sound insane but you have to believe me and whatever you do, if you see me... Human me. Run!

Sample Plot: Muse A went to the traveling carnival on the outskirts of town and won the weirdest little stuffed animal. Muse B had a bad feeling about it (the guy running the booth was desperate to have someone take it away), but Muse A loves weird looking things and assures Muse B it's just a toy. Next thing Muse A knows they've swapped bodies with the stuffed animal; the carnival has packed up and gone, and whatever lived in the stuffed animal is now piloting there body! Muse A and Muse B must come together and figure out what is going on and stop things before it's too late.

More Info: This was an idea I had for a fanfiction that I just never got around to. I have no preference for which character to play and we can change things around as much as you like, mainly I just like the idea of inanimate objects coming to life lol.

Random Ideas for Pairings
  • Angel/Demon
  • Old God/Atheist
  • Witch/Familiar
  • Human/Ghost
  • Gothic Monster/Victorian Occultist
  • Space Pirate/Stowaway
  • Starship Captain/First Mate
  • Royal/Royal (arranged marriage)
  • King/Jester
  • Cyberpunk: Low Class/High Class
  • Steampunk: Adventurer/Philanthropist
  • Superhero/Super Villain
  • Skeptic/Ghost Hunter (Ghost Files anyone?)
  • Urban Explorer/Vlogger
  • Mob wife/Mob Wife
  • Detective/Killer

Assorted Fandoms and Ships
Here are just random fandoms I feel comfortable playing in!​

These fandoms I feel comfortable doing a OCxOC plot. If there's a character I'm comfortable playing from that fandom the character name will be in parenthesis. Please ask and I'll expand on any ideas I might have for any given fandom. Also I'm a little rusty on some of these so brainstorming and pre plotting will be needed. Lastly, I prefer platonic plots.
  • Bloodborne
  • Fallout New Vegas, Texas Commonwealth (Travis Miles, Gloria Van Graff)
  • The Elder Scrolls
  • Silent Hill
  • Doctor Who
  • The Long Dark
  • Hellraiser
Pairings
If you've read this far you might be able to tell I'm super picky about romance and pretty much dislike it, but these are OTPs so I give them a pass. I can play either of the pairing, unless stated otherwise. Character I prefer to play will be bolded.
  • Supernatural - Cas/Dean
  • Disco Elysium - Harry/Kim
  • Rick and Morty - Rick/Birdperson, Rick & Morty (Platonic)
  • Taskmaster - Taskmaster/ Taskmasters Assistant
  • Re-animator - Dan/Herbert
  • House MD - House/Wilson
  • Pathologic - Daniil/Artemy
  • Elementary - Joan Watson/Sherlock
  • Detroit Become Human - Hank/Connor, Markus/Connor, Kara/Luthor
  • YuGiOh - Yugi/Atem, Atem/Kaiba, Mai/Joey
  • The Tick (Amazon Show) - Arthur/ The Tick
  • Star Trek - Spock/Kirk
  • Guardian - Shen Wei/Zhao Yunlan, Guo ChangCheng/Chu Shuzhi
  • Bleach - Yumichika/Ikkaku, Rukia/Ichigo

Last edited:
Hey there! I'd totally be interested in role playing with you! I'm on mobile though so the bbcode doesn't line up properly, could you send me the thread?

Squishy's Search Thread
Simple Rules and Things to Know

1. I am 27 and I would prefer to RP with someone who is at least 18.
  2. No Godmodding
  3. No Explicit Sexual Content
  4. Romance will be discussed. It's not a given between our characters.
  5. When it comes to possible romances, I have no preference over sexuality or gender.
  6. My response speed is usually daily. Yours can be whatever.
  7. Bother me if I've taken a long time to respond.
  8. I usually type 1-3 paragraphs a post. I would like at at least 3 sentences to 1 paragraph. There can be exceptions.
  9. My time zone is central. My active times are all over the place right now.
  10. I'm ditch friendly.
  11. I have no trigger warnings. Please alert me to any of yours.
  12. Please keep to this site. I'm shit at keeping up with other accounts.
  13. Have fun! :D If you aren't having fun please let me know or drop the RP.

Fun Stuff: Plots
Darling Familiar (Fantasy or Modern)

When, for whatever reason, a young witch cannot attract a familiar or worse loses one, there are only a few places to go to find a new one. Maybe you can sit naked under a full moon chanting or steal one from another witch, or put in the real work of sculpting an ideal partner from a lump of clay. If none of these are viable options, come on down to Sunny's Home for Wayward Familiars. Take your pick of hardly used or wizened guide's to help you on your magical journey.
*** Sunny's home is not responsible for mismatched familiar/witch pairings. Once a contract is signed the familiar is your problem. We don't accept returns, give refunds, and hold the right to withhold information on cursed or otherwise damaged familiars.

More info: Basically this is an RP exploring a more complex relationship between a familiar and a witch. This can go a variety of different ways but I have a basic plot to start us off if you want to use it. I would prefer to play the familiar but we can discuss it more. Also this can be set in a typical fantasy setting like a medieval past or it can be modern too.

Plot: Muse A is a witch/warlock who has had very bad luck with keeping a familiar, enough so that it's hindering their learning without a guide to help find the right energies and spirits to guide their magic. Finally fed up with the regular process of attracting a spirit guide, they decide to check out a local shelter for Familiars. Muse B is a combative familiar, having forsaken their duties one too many times before being dropped off at the shelter. While not too keen on joining another witch, the shelter is ready to euthanize them if they don't get adopted so they chose Muse A without a second thought, hoping they'll choose them too. What they both don't realize is someone is out there stalking Muse A's familiars. Stunting Muse A so they don't reach their fullest potential.

A Most Fragile Union (Castle Intrigue/Espionage/Royalty)

Kingdom A and Kingdom B have strived to keep peace between them. While they'd been at war generations ago, now their battles are fought for trade routes and resources more than for land, honor, and kings. There's even been talk of a wedding between both countries, a grand show of solidarity and unity, but not everyone wants peace. Spies, saboteurs, and assassins are out in full force as the grand, spring union draws closer.

More Info: This plot allows for a lot of flexibility since our characters could be anyone from the king and queen down to servants and guards, but my main idea is that our characters would be working as spies within the castle to make sure the wedding happens for the sake of peace. Though sowing discord or straight up murdering and framing people to make sure a war starts could also be fun. There would be things to brainstorm though, since I'm not looking to be historically accurate or anything.

Fandoms
Fandoms

These will mostly be OCxOC unless there's a character I'm comfortable playing (the character name will be in parenthesis), but like I mentioned in the rules any romance will be discussed in the plotting phase. It won't be a given between our characters. Please ask and I'll expand on any ideas I might have for any given fandom. Also most of these I'm a little rusty on so some brainstorming and refreshing will be needed.
  • Fallout New Vegas, Texas Commonwealth (Travis Miles, Gloria Van Graff)
  • Harry Potter
  • Silent Hill
Pairings - These are the only pairings I'm willing to do with overtones of romance. If you've read this far you can tell I'm super picky about romance and pretty much dislike it, but these are OTPs so I give them a pass. I can play either of the pairing, unless stated otherwise.

• Marvel - Rictor/Shatterstar (I'll only play Rictor in this pairing)

Might try the above. What if Shatterstar, unknown to all but (him)self, weren't a 'he', but a 'she'?

Hey there! I'd totally be interested in role playing with you! I'm on mobile though so the bbcode doesn't line up properly, could you send me the thread?

I took the tab bbcode out so it should be easier to see in mobile now. I hope that lets you see everything properly now!

Might try the above. What if Shatterstar, unknown to all but (him)self, weren't a 'he', but a 'she'?

Do you mean she is trans? Or identifies as trans?

I mean that Shatterstar is the ultimate Tomboy. Secretly a woman.

Hello, I'd love to do either your wild west plot or the mythical creature stuck inside a house plot!

Hi - I think Who You Calling Cowboy - would be really entertaining to try. I love the concept of time travel. I recently watched the drama Mr. Queen - so it gave me a thought... What if muse A ends up in somebody else's body as well? Perhaps a bandit or the sheriff? I feel like it would make it extra confusing for muse B.

I'm also fine going with the original plot too. I'd be willing to play either of A or B as well. (:

She's Watched for Years
(Fantasy, Fairy tale, Modern)​
The outside of the weathered, snow covered mansion was all but retaken by the wild mountainous terrain, so much so that it had since been lost to history. It was off the beaten path, a hike that no one in their right mind would take, even if anyone were looking for it. It wasn't just bears and wolves to fear when climbing the mountain, since many accounts from hikers and locals speak of a giant creature that bursts from the trees from time to time. A bird of tremendous size, or so they say. In the end, people have just decided to leave the mountain, and by extension the house, to the wilderness.

undefined
I'm interested in this one! Is it ok that I'm a minor?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back