Squad C IC

Aokawa Nakajima

Just as his opponent released the technique, Aokawa fell from the branches and into the ground, along with the water that imprisoned him. His landing made a loud thud, followed by the splashing noise of the water.

Aokawa gasped and coughed, sometimes coughing out water, trying to catch his breath. A few seconds longer and he would've really drowned and died. Aokawa could barely see what was happening as his vision was still foggy and his body was weak from the strain he had to endure.

Aokawa was on his knees, but he was far from dead. He looked up again to see someone was fighting the shinobis that faced them. In all probability it was probably their teacher. They were saved, though Aokawa felt somewhat dissatisfied by this. Mostly it was towards himself for being of no use in this battle. Aokawa clenched his his hand into a fist before he hammered it into the ground in frustration.

Seeing that the situation was mostly in control, Aokawa stood up and rested for a while before he walked towards his teacher with a shamed look on his face. He didn't say a word.

AGO ABURAME

"...Note to self... when you stab somebody, run the hell away." the young woman gave herself some thoughtful advice before her friend and compatriot and possibly future suitor, the latter of which is one thing she was certain she'd have alot of from the village due to her status and OBVIOUSLY STUNNING good looks. Well, anything to keep her from remembering she was currently in a hug with a very, very, ugly dead man.

Who was now getting his hands cut off!

Yay!

More blood!

Oops, whelp, time to freak the hell out!

the string of words that came form the young lady's mouth was... well.. not well suited to a young lady, one might say she swore like a trucker, or perhaps a sailor, but even then, she was certain the dead man's mother, if she was still alive, was probably feeling abit insulted. The panting young lady, now free from the big dead man, rushed off to a nearby, non-flaming, bush to throw out her breakfast which had quickly made it's way up and out from the utter revulsion of what just happened.

Covered in blood, and now a few pounds lighter, Ago turned back to Aki, with a green faced smile and a thumbs up... before she went back to... heaving...

Ah yes, the mark of a true heroine, this day our main character, or rather one of, becomes the first of the new generation of genin to kill. Such a glorious day that needs much celebrating... Right after Ago is done.

<div style="text-align:center;">

<span style="color:#4B0082;"><span style="font-family:'La Belle Aurore';"><span style="font-size:36px;">Tsubaki Mifune</span></span></span><span style="font-family:'La Belle Aurore';"><span style="font-size:36px;"> </span></span><span style="font-family:'La Belle Aurore';"> </span><br /><span style="font-size:8px;">Collab with @One Mean Ghost </span>

</div>

<div style="text-align:center;">

</div>

<p>

Tsubaki studied the pair of captured rogues. While her students needed tended to, she needed answers first. <span style="color:#4B0082;">"Now then, I have a few questions for you both."</span> The Jounin gave them a harsh glare as she approached. <span style="color:#4B0082;">"Really it's in your best interest to just cooperate and answer."</span>

</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>

<span style="color:#B22222;">"Fuck off you blood sucking demon whore." </span>Freya spat, taking a breath before spitting a clump of blood and spit on Tsubaki's clothes.<span style="color:#B22222;">"If you think we're telling you anything, you're out of your demon addled mind."</span>

</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>

Unfazed by Freya's outburst, Tsubaki continued. <span style="color:#4B0082;">"Oh, you'll talk. Either to me, or the ANBU." </span>Channeling fire chakra into her sword, she pointed the blade near Freya. No doubt the kunoichi could feel the searing heat even from there. <span style="color:#4B0082;">"It doesn't matter to me either way."</span>

</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>

Freya only smirked at the blade. <span style="color:#B22222;">"You think that candle is gonna scare me? You'll have to do better than that."</span> She laughed, clearly not the least bit intent on talking.

</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>

<span style="color:#000080;">"Will you shut up? Now you're giving ME a headache.." </span>Rainer muttered, still clutching his stump of an arm.

</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>

<span style="color:#4B0082;">"This wasn't meant for you," </span>Tsubaki replied with a shrug as she turned towards Rainer. <span style="color:#4B0082;">"I only need one prisoner anyway."</span> A snap of her fingers was all that was needed to issue a command her summon.

</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>

Freya gasped as she felt the snake constricting more tightly around her. Her eyes glared at Tsubaki in defiance, even as sickening snaps betrayed her bones getting broken by the pressure. <span style="color:#B22222;">"You'll get yours.... The Mifune clan will burn.... Every last one of you will... die..."</span> She hissed before a final sickening crack silenced her. Blood seeped from her eyes, nose, ears and mouth as her body went limp, her eyes staring blankly ahead.

</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>

Rainer couldn't bring himself to look, gritting his teeth. <span style="color:#000080;">"The Mifune are every bit the demon their reputation holds them to be..."</span> He muttered not looking at his dead comrade, knowing full well that now he alone remained of his Squad.

</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>

So that's what this was all about . . . explained the tags then. <span style="color:#4B0082;">"I suppose we are . . . Though did you honestly expect any shinobi to show mercy to rogue trash like yourselves?"</span> Tsubaki stooped, seizing Rainer's wounded arm and pressing the heated blade to it. The sizzle of searing metal against flesh cut through the silence. It wouldn't do any good if the captive shinobi died of blood loss on his way to the village after all.

</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>

Rainer gritted his teeth to suppress his screams, his whole body shaking from the pain as his wound was cauterized. He knew that there wasn't much he could do at this point. Of course, he had always been the brains of the squad...

</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>

<span style="color:#4B0082;">"You knew the consequences that came with betraying your village,"</span> Tsubaki's voice remained cold, almost emotionless as she spoke. She pulled her blade away from the wound before taking his other arm. The rogue was too weak to fight back at this point.

</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>

<span style="color:#000080;">"As if you can call Kemuri a village."</span> Rainer glared up at her. <span style="color:#000080;">"Face it, the whole fucking town is falling apart, and all anyone seems to do is kiss ass up to that woman at the top and the main families. If anyone there had any sense, they'd jump ship before the Mizuchi start slaughtering everyone they view as inferior. Which, let's fucking face it, is everyone not named 'Mizuchi'"</span>

</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>

Tsubaki snorted before cleanly taking Rainer's remaining hand. The hot blade cauterizing the wound almost instantly. He wasn't wrong that if things didn't change it was only a matter of time before the Mizuchi started something. Of course if they did, there would be a clan of demons standing in their path.<span style="color:#4B0082;"> "On the contrary, it's people like you that are pulling the village down. Kemuri's numbers may have been thinned out from the war, but already it's rebuilding."</span> After all, just a few meters away sat three of that year's graduates. The next generation of Kemuri shinobi . . . though they inherited the burden of a struggling village.

</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>

Rainer grunted again, gritting his teeth to hold in his screams as his career as a shinobi was effectively ended. <span style="color:#000080;">"Rebuilding? Rebuilding what? You can't even keep your buildings standing, much less put out enough competent ninja to keep the city afloat!" </span>He hissed through the pain. <span style="color:#000080;">"Kemuri will fall... If financial problems don't topple it, the Mizuchi's arrogance will."</span>

</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>

Having had enough of his rambling, Tsubaki brought a swift blow to the side of his head before standing and sheathing her sword. Writing a message down, she conjured a shadow clone and sent them towards Kemuri. The ANBU would get whatever information the kid stubbornly held onto. Shaking her head, she moved towards the trio of shaken Gennin. <span style="color:#4B0082;">"I'm sorry I didn't come sooner,"</span> she murmured, expression suddenly softer. Tsubaki sighed, rustling through her backpack to withdraw what medical supplies she'd brought. A single kunai had been set out among the bandages and medicine.

</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>

<span style="color:#4B0082;">"Let me see your hands, Akihiro."</span> Tsubaki gingerly took them, pulling away the makeshift bandages. It was a shame she never had the finessed levels of chakra control needed to learn and use medical ninjutsu. Otherwise she wouldn't have to go this route . . .  <span style="color:#4B0082;">"I'm sorry, but this will hurt."</span> She picked up the kunai, the tip quickly glowing a dull red from her fire chakra being channeled into the blade. Satisfied with the heat, she worked to cauterize the wounds as quickly as she could to minimize pain. "So, which of you will tell me what exactly happened . . . " She continued, setting the kunai aside to bandage the Gennin's hands.

</p>

Last edited by a moderator:
<p>

<span style="color:#A9A9A9;"><em><span style="font-size:28px;">Akihiro Tsubasha</span></em></span>

</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>

After he saw Ago free, he let outr a sigh, the kunai falling from his hand, along with some blood. The scarf that once stood around his face was now cut in two smaller pieces of cloth, wrapped around his hands in a vain atemp to stop the bleeding. It was now red, and Aki gritted his teeth as the wounds started to sting more and more. Looking at Tusbaki, he felt his hands being taken by her hands. His hands started to sting when the bandages were removed, letting out a hiss, the pieces of cloth full of blood falling down on the ground<span style="color:#D3D3D3;">.</span><span style="color:#A9A9A9;">"...All mistakes need to be remembered, right?..." </span>Aki managed to flush a smile, before the kunai reached his hands. Letting out a short yell, his eyes closed shut, gritting his teeth. The pain wasn't unbearable, but he never felt such an intense pain in his life. Managing to open his eyes, he saw the kunai closing his hand wounds. It was weird, as for a moment, he could've sworn he could feel that place flowing with either blood or chakra. Shaking his head, Aki looked at his other teammates. <span style="color:#A9A9A9;">"... These missing-nin attacked us... They wanted Fuku..."</span> Aki started to remember what the redhead said.<span style="color:#A9A9A9;"> "...Although it seems they were after someone else..." </span>He looked at Tsubaki, his expression neutral. His eyes then went to look at Aokawa. <span style="color:#A9A9A9;">"...Hey, Ao, you alright?..."</span> There was a silver lining to it all. At least the team was still alive.

</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/profile/24543-kageyuuki/?do=hovercard" data-mentionid="24543" href="<___base_url___>/profile/24543-kageyuuki/" rel="">@KageYuuki</a><a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/profile/10398-orikanyo/?do=hovercard" data-mentionid="10398" href="<___base_url___>/profile/10398-orikanyo/" rel="">@Orikanyo</a><a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/profile/48-red/?do=hovercard" data-mentionid="48" href="<___base_url___>/profile/48-red/" rel="">@Red</a>

</p>

Aokawa had already recovered enough strength but he was still wet. That didn't bother him much though. He was just glad that his pouches and bag were waterproof. That would've ruined all of his things. Aokawa could barely hear anything as he was busy in his own thoughts. He heard Akihiro checking up on him. He tried avoiding eye contact with anyone and looked to the side.

"Yeah, I'm fine. You're in worse shape if you ask me." he said as he glanced at their teacher trying to heal his teammate.

He wasn't that hurt, physically at least. It was his pride that really took a blow. Throughout the whole thing, he was the first one who was taken out. He was so close to dying a useless death.

"Pathetic." he thought to himself. His performance was subpar and could've costed them their lives. He was resentful of that. Was this what a son of the Nakajima House could be capable of? His father would've probably do more than scold him. He would've probably been a shame to his family name.

He kept silent and just listened. Hopefully, he could get a chance to redeem himself.

Ago Aburame.

"So... let me ask you two a question..." Ago rubbed her mouth with her sleeve, looking abit less sick then she was but a few seconds ago. "What in your mind made you think, that leaving me there, was a good idea huh? Yea guys left your team mate on the ground!? What the hell!" Ago got up in a rage all the sudden, pulling a 180 turn from her demeanor before hand.

"Come on guys! Seriously! We survived but I coulda been straight up killed if I didn't pull that clone trick. The big guy would've torn my head clean off if I was in that hole!" She scorned her teammates for the moment and shook her head besides. "yea, we all made misstakes here, I should've scouted ahead with my insects, I over estimated the fact some twats may wnat to steal some dumb furry goofy absolutly adorable~ tiger!" she looked quite, quite unhappy that this whole thing turned out as it did.

"Lets hurry up and get Fuku back to whats his face, get the reward and get this done..." she sighed, looking abit defeated with how this whole thing turned out... she was trying her best to ignore the man she had killed not a few moments prior... anything to stop her stomache retching again. "...These guys were from kemuri right?" she repeated what she heard from the small conversation a few seconds prior. "...What rank were they?"

Tsubaki Mifune

Tsubaki silently listened to each of her students speaking, her expression soon changing from concerned to one far more harsh. "You two abandoned your teammate?" The Jounin's voice was eerily calm, though venom clearly dripped on her words. She looked between Akihiro and Aokawa, "You do understand the severity of such an error, do you not?"

The back of her first caught the two in the jaw, not hand enough to break anything or knock them off their feet. But it would still hurt. "You're lucky I don't send the both of you back to the academy for this." Violet eyes bore into them both in a harsh glare.

Though Ago hadn't escaped her teacher's wrath either by any means. "You're right," Tsubaki stood, "I expected you to be scouting ahead given your abilities." Sighing, the Jounin shook her head and glanced back at the lifeless forms of Freya and Sumi. "Two of them were Chuunin, the other a Gennin. They'd recently betrayed the village and left."

@Orikanyo@AnnoDomini@Red

Akihiro Tsubasha

Aki turned to look at Ago. "...Hey, we did-" The fist connected with his face, stopping him in his tracks. His hand went to his face, groaning. The wound still hurt on his hand, and now his jaw as well. "I did what I had to!" Aki said, through gritted teeth, looking at his teacher, tears forming in his eyes. "I'm worthless in a one-on-one! A surprise attack from below was the only way I wouldn't get myself killed! But it might've been better that way!" His voice was never that high. Something inside him broke, as he looked at Ago, then at Ao.

Aki went to the two dead, looking at them. "...I only tried to be usefull..." His voice was lower on that line, keeping it rather for himself. His hand slowly went to the redhead's forehead protector. Looking at it, he fell silent, rather looking at it. One of his fingers slowly carresed the cut that grazed the protector, as if he was analysing it. His eyes then went to her, closing her eyes, then throwing the missing-nin's protector on the ground. The next sound was a 'thud' as his foot came down on it, a grunt escaping his breath.

"...What are missing-nin even doing here... They don't go after such easy missions..." Again, Aki started talking to himself, looking at both the victims. Crossing his hands to his chest, he sniffled, slowly rubbing his red cheek. "...Can someone find Fuku faster? Karuy's with him, and I don't want my sis to kill me for loosing him..."

@KageYuuki@Red@Orikanyo

Everyone had a right to be angry. They nearly lost their lives if it wasn't for their teacher's intervention.

"I was going to cover you from the back lines with a much better vantage point..." Aokawa cut himself off, feeling that it was useless to go on any further. "but I ended up getting caught instead." he whispered to himself. He didn't want to sound like he was making excuses.

Aokawa looked at his teammates and teacher. He bowed his head apologeticly. "This happened thanks to my ineptitude." he apologized. Aokawa's tone was serious and sincere. It didn't take him a moment to stand up straight again.

Rather than dwell on that, Aokawa chose to think ahead. The mission didn't seem like it was over. There were more opportunities to redeem themselves, but first they should work out to avoid what went wrong. He looked at his teammates.

"I think we should address why things got a little screwy back there." he said. "We were obviously uncoordinated, which almost led to our deaths." Aokawa continue. "It'd be great if there was something we could do about that to avoid this from happening again before we continue further."

Tsubaki Mifune

Tsubaki shook her head, glancing over at the dead shinobi. "I'm not sure why they were out here, but I'm sure the Interrogation Corps will be able to get a few answers on the matter." Though it was rather clear to the Jounin that these missing nin were working for someone. But who and why she wasn't sure just yet. She sighed, running her fingers through her hair, "We should get moving. It'll be a few more hours before we reach Koseki and wrap this up."

Seeing as things had calmed down, Fuku ran over to Ago and tackled the hapless kunoichi. He seemed fully intent in snuggling her to death once again.

The rest of the trip to Koseki went without incident. The citizens inside the city gave the group a wide berth, not wanting to get involved with the large tiger. Everything aside from the rich district was dark and decaying. Most people shuffled past, empty eyes focused downward. Tsubaki glanced down at a piece of paper to double check the address before walking up to the door and knocking. A young woman opened the door and peeked outside. Though before Tsubaki had a chance to say anything, the young servant's eyes landed on Fuku and she quickly shut the door with a gasp.

Tsubaki frowned, lightly rapping on the door once again. This time the door was flung open, a man stepping out and examining the group. "Ah, Fuku!" He was dressed in brightly colored, extravagant robes. The ensemble gaudy enough to make Kemuri's resident dandy jealous. "Thank you so much for finding him! I was worried sick!" Torazo wrapped his arms around the large cat, snuggling and petting the beast. "Oh I hope he wasn't any trouble."

"No trouble at all, Fujita-San." Tsubaki replied, noticing the noble studying the Gennin's injuries. "Ah, just a run in with some would be thieves."

Torazo stood, Fuku practically glued to his side. "Good, good, I'll be sure to send the payment to your village tomorrow. Come on, Fuku, let's get you a proper meal." With that, the pair was gone.

"Well, that went better than I expected." It really wasn't often any noble within Koseki showed even the slightest bit of gratitude at a completed mission. Torazo provided a nice change of pace.

@Red@AnnoDomini@Orikanyo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back