Squad C IC

Akihiro Tsubasha

Akihiro looked in Ago's direction. He decided to stick near her for a little. So his teacher wouldn't hear him, he started to speak in a lower tone. "...Hey, I think she's alright Ago... Stop picking on her, please..." His expression was the same as always, a gentle smile on his face now. "...She is much more... better than the other one..." He blushed a little, his eyes on the ground, and his head slightly bent forward, as to hide it.

Karuy was walking near Tsubaki, at her legs. Looking back, he saw Aki talking to Ago. Karuy was slightly scared of Ago, as she did kill the most of his brethren in the cave, but it was a more respect feeling than fear fear. Aki looked up at Tsubaki when she asked about what kind of techniques he would like. "...Oh, uhm... Silent killings I-I guess? Or something t-that would help me hit from the shadows?..."

@KageYuuki @Orikanyo @Red

AGO ABURAME

"Ooooh~! Do you gotta little crush Aki~!?" little shit you better not, your suppoused to be after me. the young woman teased the guy with a nudge of her elbow, but then started to consider tsubaki's question. "Well mam... I think... Well i don't think i'm gona speacialize to much jutsu wise, though if you have any that'll help out with traps, I'll be happy to take them off your hands~!" she giggled slightly with a devious grin, looking quite ecstatic to be able to learn new tips and tricks.

'this should be fun though, i've been looking forward to having some new toys to play with~!"

Aokawa had an unimpressed expression on his face after hearing what his teammates had to say. He just hoped his teammates' antics didn't rub off on him.

His attention returned to their teacher's query. And while Aokawa gave more thought about it, he came to a quick answer.

With the same unimpressed expression on his face, he answered. "It doesn't really matter what kind." he said plainly, at first almost sounding void of interest. "Techniques, in the first place, are tools used to increase the success rate of a mission. The more tools you have the work with, the better, I guess." he added while scratching his head.

"It's probably your call anyway, Tsubaki-sensei." he addressed her. "I believe in your judgement and that you'll be able to find what best suits us." he said with a straight face.

Tsubaki Mifune

A low chuckle escaped Tsubaki at Akihiro's sudden shyness. It was rather adorable in its own little way, besides she knew it would pass. Likely as soon as their actual training began. "Well, lucky for you I specialize in that kind of jutsu I'm sure I have a technique or two you could use." She glanced back at Ago as the Gennin took her turn. Tsubaki hummed in thought for a moment. "I might not be an expert in the art of crafting traps but I certainly have some tricks to make your work easier and all the more deadly." Chances were the Aburame clan had plenty of jutsu to teach her as well. Hiden that Tsubaki wouldn't be able to teach her in.

Dark violet eyes studied Aokawa in silence for a moment before Tsubaki nodded. "Hmm, I see." She found it peculiar to see a Gennin so detached from everything. The boy almost gave off the impression that he had no true desire to walk the path of a shinobi. Something she would certainly have to look into.

"With that out of the way, we can do a simple little exercise." She gave the trio a smile, "Did you think we would just be working on the mission and that's it?" She chuckled before motioning for her students to move up alongside of her so they could see better. I'm hoping you three have gained a basic understanding on chakra, the basis of nearly every jutsu." She wouldn't lie, her trust of Seji's teaching skills weren't all that strong.

"For a simple refresher, chakra is made through combining your physical and spiritual energies together. You mold your chakra through the use of hand signs and create jutsu." It was a very basic explanation, but if they needed elaboration she'd manage. Though the kunoichi could only hope they didn't. "There's more to it than just that to create jutsu though, there are two more components. The first," She held up a finger, "Is known as a nature transformation. That's where you change your chakra to a specific element required for the technique you're trying to use. The basic elements are fire, wind, lightning, earth and water. There's also yin and yang chakra nature which is used things such as genjutsu and medical ninjutsu.

"Now the second," Tsubaki held up another finger, "Is called shape transformation. It's a little easier to describe than nature transformations since it deals with the form, movement, and potency of your chakra." She looked between her three students, "Are you following me so far?"

Aokawa keenly listened to his teacher as he drew closer to her. The things she was saying were something that his siblings, one an ANBU and another a rising-star among Chunins, mentioned to him during their private training sessions before. This probably meant it was really important and true. He has a good understanding of the basics thanks to them. Aokawa also assumed that he was a water-nature shinobi like his siblings.

While Aokawa was adept at doing the basic jutsus like the Substitution and Clone Techniques, he still has problems learning elemental techniques and as such, was only able to master Hiding in Mist Technique for now. He's making solid progress though as his siblings are teaching him the Body Flicker Technique.

What this probably meant was that Aokawa still needed practice in nature transformation. Shape transformation was said to be the more difficult tennet of the two. Aokawa was hoping to get more insight from his teacher as he continued to listen.

"Yes, sensei." he responded to her.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tsubaki Mifune

Tsubaki nodded in approval, taking the lack of questions from her other students as them being able to follow along as well. "Good. While a change in chakra form is easier to explain, it's far harder to actually master. For the moment we'll just focus on nature transformations." Once more her violet gaze traveled traveled over the three before continuing. "It's possible for shinobi to learn jutsu that deal with more than one element. Most Jounin have mastered two elements over the years. In theory it is possible to learn techniques for all five basic elements. But in terms of practicality . . . " She shook her head, "You would be a pretty old ninja by the time you would be able to call on even basic jutsu for all the elements.

"As Gennin, you're not expected to start delving into more than one element. But that raises the question: what element should you focus on then? Should you tame lightning, or maybe bend the very earth to your will?" Finally, the Jounin held up what she had been concealing in her hand. Four small pieces of paper. "Luckily, there's an easy answer to that question. Everyone's chakra has a natural affinity for one element making jutsu of that element easier to learn. This paper comes from a special tree that's sensitive to chakra. Even the tiniest bit is enough to make the paper react." Tsubaki pulled out one of the piece of paper, holding it where all three of them could see. Just a second later the paper ignited and quickly turned to ash.

"My chakra has a natural affinity for fire, which is why the paper reacted the way it did. If your affinity is lightning, the paper will crumple. If it's earth then it will turn to dust and crumble. Water affinity will cause the paper to suddenly become wet while wind will slice it in two." Tsubaki handed each Gennin a piece of the paper. "Just focus your chakra into the paper and see what happens."

Ago Aburame

"Focus chakra into this piece of paper? Easy!" she snickered as she set about doing so... immediately causing the paper to crumple to dust before her very shades! "...What?" she asked looking at the pile of dust that was now the paper. "....uhh.... so that means... earth right? like mud? Causing earthquakes? Digging with but a meer thought? that sorta deal?" she thought on the matter for a moment...

....Earth was the basis for.. EVERYTHING. literally! its the foundation of buildings, the thing we stand on, the thing we eat off of... well.. only if your somebody like Aki who can't get your jaw off the ground. "So... can i.. make pits and stuff? oh! Oh! teach me how to split the earth asunder! BWAH! POW!" the young woman made her own sound effects as she made to motions of her "earth shattering" techniques.

Which of course was more like a stomp on the ground and a few punches into the air, but hey, she was a kid, she could act weird sometimes!

Granted, that excuse gets tiresome around her, as it is the excuse she would mostly use.

Aokawa had a skeptical expression after their teacher explained the bit about these pieces of paper. It didn't take more than a moment for Ago to try it out. She started one of her short outbursts of what Aokawa assumed as joy and excitement.

Aokawa raised his brow as if saying to himself "Why not?" He was already aware that he was a water-type shinobi like his siblings.

Aokawa pursed his lips as he tried to focus his chakra on the piece of paper.

"Eh!? No way!" Aokawa let out a rare yell as he saw the paper's reaction. The piece of paper crumpled together, meaning he was actually a lightning-type shinobi.

This confused Aokawa as he started asked himself questions. "b-but Shirai-nii and Kaede-nee are both water-types..." he said. "What gives?" he asked. He tried mastering water nature techniques with the assumption that he was a water-type. "t-then that explains why it was hard for me to master even Hiding in Mist..." he thought to himself. A rare, comical defeated expression was painted on Aokawa's face as he remembered all those gruelling times he had to go through to master the said technique.

@AnnoDomini @Orikanyo @KageYuuki

Last edited by a moderator:
Akihiro Tsubasha

Akihiro ignored Ago's comment, and he stood there, listening to what Tsubaki had to say. "...Uhm, chakra is what they taught us at the academy too, Tsubaki-sama." He was enraptured by the lecture, and could only nod slowly when asked about paying attention. His father already taught him an Earth Release technique, so he knew about this a little.

"...I won't be that old..." Akihiro said, crossing his arms to his chest. "...You are as old as you think you are." His mind was already tried to concentrate on techniques, and already thinking on what books to rent to read and learn. Looking at the pper, Aki took it, and, following the instructions, the paper crumbled into dust, the same as Ago's. "...Kind of knew."

His attention although went to the new member, Aokawa, and how, from the quiet silent type, he burst out in an almost rant. Aki let out a small laugh, that progressed into a bigger one. "...Hey, it's ok Ao. You could be the... Silent Thunder?" Aki shrugged, smiling and going next to him, punching his shoulder. Aki did not think he would get along with the new guy, but now, making him laugh, was something that made Aki give him a chance.

@Red @Orikanyo @KageYuuki

Tsubaki Mifune

Tsubaki couldn't help but quirk an eyebrow at Akihiro after the boy stated he could quickly learned all five elements. There really wasn't any reason to correct him on the matter. Unless he was some kind of undiscovered prodigy, it wouldn't be long before he'd learn how wrong he was on that statement.

Ago was the first to try using the chakra paper. The girl's reacting and excitement worth the wait. It was good to see her cheered up and more relaxed compared to moments ago. Tsubaki chuckled lightly and nodded, "I'd say that sums up earth release fairly well. To be honest, it might be the best fit for a shinobi that specializes in trap making.

"Oh, a lightning element?" Violet eyes studied the crumpled paper in Aokawa's hand. It was clear the boy wasn't exactly expecting such a result. She offered a small smile, "I don't know, I find lightning techniques effective in taking down enemies. They may not always be the quietest, but they're effective." She wove three signs, tora, mi, inu. Raiton: Raigeki The Jounin released a blast of crackling lighting towards a thick tree branch. With a loud crack, it came crashing to the ground. The ends smoking from where the blast connected.

It seemed Aki gave the paper a try before she'd demonstrated the technique. "Hmm, two earth affinity Gennin then."

'Figures that happens given you can't use doton . . . Akira muttered in the back of her mind.

The daemon had a point, but it didn't mean she couldn't work with them or train them. She was just going to have to be creative when it came down to actually teaching ninjutsu.

Aokawa's attention trailed to his teacher as he mentioned something about lightning types. In a short instance, he could hear crackling sounds coming from her hands.

"Raiton: Raigeki" she said.

Aokawa's jaw dropped to the floor in awe as his teacher performed the ninjutsu. Aokawa looked at the felled tree and marveled at the amount of damage such a small-looking technique could do.

"I don't know, I find lightning techniques effective in taking down enemies. They may not always be the quietest, but they're effective." she added.

"Y-You mean I could learn how to do that?" he said with amazement in his eyes. "That'd be cool!"

It may have turned out well for Aokawa. It looked like he's found a suitable teacher. Hopefully, he'd be able to learn much from her.

Somehow Aokawa's dismay and and disappointment was slightly alleviated. He was starting to like the idea of being in this team a little now.

Ago Aburame.

"I mean sure it's cool..." Ago mumbled and crossed her arms as she looked more or less unsure of the whole lightning thing. She wouldn't want to be hit by that, that's for certain... Not to mention she is trumped by lightning herself, damn elemental affinity, couldn't be something cooler... Instead she got mud.

Sure, she put up a good front to be excited, and can be used in various ways... like toppling buildings, creating pitfalls in Meer seconds, raising the giant stone shield-

Okay never mind it was cool.

Wow that was a fast backtrack, even for her.

Wait, what was going on? Jutsu, jutsu. Right.

"So, is there like... anything we can do with this now? Like a Jutsu or maybe something cool? We got a long walk ahead." she thought out loud for a moment, wondering what her jonin had for them. Could be nothing, could be something, she just wanted to know what sillyness they could start with first, walking upside down? On walls? On people's faces? Creating illusions? Illusions sound cool.

"Surely you've got a schedule or something, doubt the last guy expected to stay around more then a day. May he drown in a river." she added in the last part with a clasp of her hands that looked almost like a prayer. "You've been good so far, but I still don't full on trust you, just so you know and all, you're holding the world record for staying the longest so far, don't bug-er it up."

Tsubaki Mifune

Tsubaki couldn't help but give a low chuckle at Aokawa's sudden enthusiasm. She nodded, watching a few stray sparks dance across her fingertips. "That you can, and of course I'll teach you. But all in due time." She lightly tousled the Gennin's hair, knowing he wouldn't be too thrilled with having to wait. Tsubaki couldn't hide a chuckle as Ago mentioned her having a schedule of some sort in mind. "Funny story about that actually, The fact that I had a team of Gennin to watch over was kind of sprung on me at the last second . . . " She couldn't help but rub the back of her neck sheepishly. "So really, I'd like to see how you handle this little assignment of ours before moving forward with any kind of training."

The sun was beginning its journey to slumber for the night as Matsushiri village came into view. Now, assuming their client Fujita had left Fuku in someone's care when he left, picking up the pet should be simple enough. But of course, when did things ever go smoothly? Having caught sight of the group of shinobi, an older man rushed over to them. "Please, you have to help us." He called, skidding to a stop in front of Tsubaki. "I know it's not a formal mission, but we'll still pay!"

Tsubaki raised her hands slightly, "Whoa, whoa, slow down a moment. What's going on?"

"There's a beast stalking outside the village. It's already killed some of the precious few livestock we have."

AGO ABURAME

"A beast huh? Doesn't sound like my realm of expertise." Ago put her arms behind her head leaning back and acting as cool as a cucumber, as usual. "We got a pet to look for, but it can wait yea? if we deal with the big beast thing that'd be like to jobs in one! Double the pay, double the learning stuff! Win win!" she ran her thoughts around it as she looked towards the others.

This may be her first mission, but she wasn't the type to turn folks away who needed her professional help! ...having a jonin around also helped with that fact. "Come on! maybe we can figure out what the beast is from what it left behind?" she urged the others to accept, in truth, she was probably going to do it anyways, dragging anybody she could along with her. maybe play the "oh your just gona abandon people in need? Your just like the other guy." card on Tsubaki if she says no.

No doubt it wont come to that... but the woman was a wild card until she proved who she really was.

"besides, think about it this way, if we bring out the pet, whatever it is, it could be hunted by that beastie when we have it."

Akihiro Tsubasha

Akihiro stood silent, looking at his teacher, then at the old man. He felt pitty, for him, then saw that Ago started to talk. A smile grew on his face, his arms crossed to his chest. "...I agree with Ago..." It was the only thing that he said, casting a small look at Ago, then back at the old man, his smile turning into a rather normal expression.

"...We might need a little more information about the animal... Do you know where he usually hunts? Or does it only come when it's hunting?..." Clearing his throat, Aki already started to think about how to this. Ago's traps might prove necessary, and Aokawa looks like he is a good hunter. Karuy went next to Aki and looked up, seing he was thinking. The racoon then looks at the old man, hissing a little, moving behind Aki, looking at him. "...Karuy, stand down..." Akihiro didn't even turn his attention towards the racoon. He was still looking at the old man.

@Orikanyo @KageYuuki @Red

Aokawa Nakajima

While his teammates were eager to help the old man, Aokawa was indifferent. They were slowly veering away from their mission. Personally, Aokawa thought they shouldn't be wasting their time doing side requests and just pursue the mission at hand, but it wasn't his call to make. It was Tsubaki-sensei. She was the Jonin in this team and she had better judgement that Aokawa. Aokawa would respect her decision on the matter and do what she wants.

Aokawa didn't have a comment on the matter and just silently looked at his teammates as he listened to get a better idea of the situation. This was a good chance to learn how people like Tsubaki-sensei would deal with these kinds of situations.

Tsubaki Mifune

Tsubaki's violet eyes flicked between her three students for a moment. Two of the three seemed completely eager to help the man while Aokawa looked as though he didn't care one way or the other. The tricky matter was that taking on an unofficial mission like this would technically be isn't exactly smiled upon by the village higher ups. On the flip side, Tsubaki didn't exactly care for the idea of just brushing the issue off. After all it was likely a half starved coyote going around and causing trouble. Not like they're being asked to clear out a den of thieves . . . Regardless, the Jounin needed information. "What can you tell me about this 'beast'? When did it first appear?"

The man shifted, uncomfortable under her questioning gaze. Did all shinobi give off such an intimidating air? No . . . no, the three following her didn't give off anything close to the kind of presence the woman in front of him did. "It's only just started a few days ago. Not long after a caravan came through."

A caravan? Is that just coincidence? "I see, now has anyone actually seen the animal responsible?"

"No, but from what it's left behind its got some nasty claws." The man motioned behind him, "There are are some track just over here. We've never seen anything like it." He led them over to a spot just a few meters away. "Right here."

A frown tugged at the corners of Tsubaki's mouth. Whatever had left these tracks was big, no doubt about that. It didn't resemble anything native to the area around Kemuri.

a204b637ff5dea985bcc5d1c47ddd43e.jpg

AGO ABURAME, FIELD DUTY.

"...Looks.... like a big beastie." Ago thought out loud as she gazed downwards at the tracks, then towards the direction it was heading, a few more tracks lined the way with equal or less of an indent in the ground. She strained her eyes to get a closer look at the print.... "....Ummm... it... kinda.... umm.... Looks like a cat paw." she commented as she remembered the many tracks she had to look at to track those damn cats around in their earlier mission.

Not quite to find the cats, more to stay where they aren't.

Then.... then she had a plan...

"Hey Aki, you think Karuy can track it? like some sort of... bloodhound raccoon?" she asked with her mouth in a twist as she delved into her usual bin of ideas. I mean, the raccoon had to pull some weight around here, aside from being a fluffy black, white and grey hug machine.

Aokawa was somehow familiar with tracking after training with his brother. He looked carefully at the footprints left behind by the said beast. The way they were planted made it look like the beast was either strong or heavy. The tracks were fresh.

Aokawa could almost facepalm at Ago's suggestion.

"I'm not entirely sure raccoons are capable of that." Aokawa shrugged as he spoke. "but who knows?" he added.

Aokawa tried to keep a straight face on as he turned towards his teacher.

"Sensei, these tracks are fresh by the way. Whatever this was, it couldn't have gone far." he reported. "Should I follow the trail?"

Tsubaki Mifune

A slight frown remained painted across Tsubaki's face as she studied the tracks nearby. Ago was correct in that the tracks did belong to a large cat. Definitely not an animal native to their area that much was certain. Though she wasn't so sure the giant fuzzball at Aki's feet would do much good in the way of tracking this thing. Violet eyes shifted over to Aokawa as he spoke, "Not yet," She murmured while following the tracks a few meters. If the caravan was responsible for this cat's appearance then it really could be anything out there.

Wrapped up in her own schemes to trap this nasty kitty, Ago had started wandering away. Oh the kinda of traps her crafty mind could could devise. So many options to pick fro- The girl stopped in her tracks before running over to a beetle scuttling across the ground. Her eyes glued to the iridescent shell.

So much for the squad's master of traps . . .

A branch snapped. A blur of orange slammed into Ago's small frame, tackling the distracted kunoichi to the dusty ground. While what sounded like a low growl came from the large tiger, it made no motions to harm the young Gennin. Aside from accidentally crushing her beneath its weight perhaps.

Tsuabki came skidding to a stop beside the two, stopping her blade in mid swing. The Jounin blinked a few times before lowering her weapon with a low groan. "You have got to be kidding me . . . " Around the tiger's neck was a blue collar made from fine leather.

Akihiro Tsubasha

Aki did not say anything, he just continued to stare at the paw print. He wasn't good at differentiating paw prints from a bear to a raccoon for that mater, something that Karuy would find not too pleasant. Nonetheless, he concluded it was rather heavy, giving the depth at witch the print was visible.

"...No Ago, I don't think Karuy can do that." The raccoon, as much as he wanted to slash across Aki's face, did nothing but nod in agreement, looking at the paw print as well. Aki picked him up and placed the fuzzball on his shoulder, it standing like a collar around his neck. Looking at Aokawa, he nodded slightly.

Not before long, Aki was staring in the face of a tiger. Karuy was on his shoulders and stood in silence, it too frozen with fear. Aki reached for his weapons, as he taught he could easily kill the tiger, but then he heard his sensei talking. Looking closely, he saw the collar too. "...You can say that twice... Ao, I-I can distract the tiger, can you get Ago out of there?" Aki was already in position to attack the tiger and to lure it away.

AGO ABURAME, tiger play toy.

The young lady was pinned to the ground, the large cat bearing down over her like a predator over it's prey... it's long fangs shown as the creature got closer....

and closer...

And closer...

And started to lick the face of the utterly petrified young lady.

"GAWH!! Stop! eww!!" Ago protested as the large tiger continued to give it's aggressive love onto the poor thing underneath it, it's paw kneading her shoulders as it continued to lick Ago's face with it's sandpaper-like tongue, letting out a noise akin to a growl... or an angry lawnmower? "No! bad kitty, stop, BLUH! I'm covered in kitty spit!" she continued to protest as she attempted to push the big cat off of her...

Which to the cat almost seem like it was being pet... only forcing it to continue it's onslaught of joyful cuddling by laying atop of the poor girl and rubbing it's face int her own. "GAH! hair! Spluh! in my mouth!" she continued again and again to try and push the cat away, the big tiger pushing all of it's weight into rubbing against the poor thing...

"Somebody help! I'm getting cuddled to death!"

Tsubaki Mifune

"Easy there Aki, I doubt the client would like to see his pet harmed in any way." Tsubaki said cooly as she lightly rubbed behind one of the tiger's ears. Fuku finally stopped trying to lick and cuddle Ago to death and rubbed up against the Jounin instead.

"W-wait . . . " The older man who'd come to them for help stared at the scene in front of him. "That thing is someone's pet?"

Tsubaki had finally managed to coax the overly affectionate tiger off of her student. "Yes, one of the noblemen traveling in that caravan from the other day owns him."

'Think it would have killed that Fujita guy to have included this information in the mission request?' Akira muttered in the back of Tsubaki's mind. She could only agree with the irritated Daemon.

"Damn those nobles!" The man threw his hands into the air before turning to leave, "I bet that bastard doesn't care about the amount of damage he's caused here." Cursing under his breath, he glared towards Tsubaki. "Get that cat out of our village before we kill it ourselves." With that, he stormed away.

'Well that was a change in attitude . . . '

Tsubaki let out a slow sigh, rubbing her eyes. It would be best if they avoided any trouble with the villagers. "Come on, we'll set up camp outside of the village."

@Orikanyo @AnnoDomini @Red

Akihiro Tsubasha

Aki let out a sigh, sheathing his weapons. "...I wasn't going to hurt it. Just lure it away... but it seems to like Ago..." His voice was getting lower the more he spoke. Clearing his throat, he made his way to Ago, crouching down next to her. He took a long sniff, closing his eyes. "...Don't like that new aroma..." He extended his hand to help her up.

As soon as he did, he turned to look at Tsubaki, and the villager walking away angrily. "...He had a point. Some people do not care about others... But it's not a reason to get angry at us. We even offered to help him..." Clearing his throat, he looked at Tsubaki, not sketching a smile. "...Sounds like a good plan... "

Karuy, in the meantime was looking at the Tiger, sniffing at it. Oddly enough, it did not growl at the tiger, rather it looked at it in the eyes, raising his hands to touch its nose. Looking at them, Aki let out a small snicker. He returned next to Ago, a small grin on his face. "...Well... at least you'll keep away predators... I think."

@Orikanyo @Red @KageYuuki

AGO ABURAME

Looking none to pleased with her current state of affairs, and the fact that Aki was making fun of her, she took the sleeve that was most covered in spit, cleared the rest of it off her coat and rubbed it ALLLLLLLL over akihiro's face. "There, now you don't need to worry either." she smirked with a mscihevious glee, walking towards her sensei to gain some distance from the young man she just paint slobber all over.

"I guess he's alright, or.. is it a she? Do you have a name fuzzy-ball or are you all slobber and fluff?' she asked the tiger, who no doubt would not answer, as she attempted to look at the collar for a name...

"AH! a tag! lets see.... "Snuggles..." what kind of person names a tiger snuggles- gah! no! I wasn't calling you!" she gasped and tried to push the tiger off of her, the cat now leaning on her as it walked forwards, only taking the pushing as more petting and love. "Ugh, why'd i say it out loud! Stop you fluffy monster!" she called for pity.. but received none...

Atleast she wasn't a scratching post.

Users who are viewing this thread