• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Specific Anime Fandom Search [Canon x OC, Doubling, Romantic or Platonic]

hologram

mostly inactive
Welcome to my third attempt at getting a partner for my super specific craving!

My favorite anime character of all time is one Kenji Murasame from two lesser known anime series, Giant Robo: The Day the Earth Stood Still and Tetsujin 28. I've had a huge craving for RP involving this character for well over a year, but there's just one catch. These fandoms are obscure as hell and the only time I've found partners is by enticing them to watch the shows.

If, by chance, you've heard of either show and would be interested in a Canon x OC RP involving you playing Kenji and me playing an OC, then scoot on into my PMs! I can double as just about any Giant Robo character in return (including Kenji, I love playing the dude as much as I love playing with him) and would also love to play Ryuusaku from Tetsujin 28. Canon x OC preferred but I might be up for Canon x Canon too. Romance is strictly optional.

If that all meant absolutely nothing to you, don't leave just yet. In return for you watching either Giant Robo or Tetsujin 28 and doing an RP based on it with me, I'll play the canon character of your choice from whatever fandom you're interested in, provided I feel like I can pull it off. (The offer for doubling as almost any Giant Robo character still stands, too. I love this cast.) I'm a picky roleplayer by nature and can only write in fandoms that really inspire me. So there's a chance that I won't be able to fill your request, but I want to at least hear it out. Doubling is not required, but I'm not up for any other RP unless we also do the RP I'm asking for.

Giant Robo itself is a fairly short series of 7 episodes between 40 and 60 minutes in length. It's fairly easy to find online, but I can't direct you to any site where it may be found. I recommend first time watchers check out the English subtitled version first as the dub available on most streaming websites is not very accurate to the original script.

The version of Tetsujin 28 I'm familiar with is the 2004 reboot/remake directed by Yasuhiro Imagawa. This show is a longer time investment, 26 standard TV length episodes. If you're interested in watching just one series I recommend trying Giant Robo because it's shorter, but I love the version of Kenji who appears in this series just as dearly. Much like Giant Robo, it's easy enough to find online but I can't direct you to any sites where it's available.

If the idea of 'any character from any fandom, provided it's one I would enjoy and can do justice' is overwhelming, here's a sampler platter of fandoms I've been into lately that I'd definitely be willing to play. I think it gives a little idea of what sort of settings usually hold my interest, too. Again, this isn't the entire list of everything I'm willing to do, just something to give you an idea.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure parts 1-7
I still haven't read any JoJolion because I'm saving it for the next content drought post Vento Aureo anime. (I'm so glad I can finally say this.) Ask me about characters because this series has a shitload. Probably not up to playing any of the main villains, though.

Lupin the 3rd

Cowboy Bebop

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
I haven't done Stormblood yet but if you have a favorite NPC from ARR and Heavensward ask and I'll see what I can do. I love the story and I love the setting so playing one of the NPCs against your WoL or other OC could be a lot of fun! I'd also be up for an AU that places Kenji in this setting.

I also know some other Final Fantasy games or would be willing to refresh my memory on them so ask if you have a favorite FF character. I'm not currently interested in FFXV (15) roleplays, sorry.

Mobile Fighter G Gundam
I'm still watching this but I absolutely love it so far. I'm only about 1/2 through the story and need to pick it back up but pitch me a character name and I'll see what I can do.

Naruto
Part 1 only. I haven't started on Shippuden yet and probably won't for a while, but I do love the Naruto setting. I might be picky about characters here and due to my limited knowledge would prefer something either set during Part 1 or a divergent timeline sort of AU that keeps most of the setting intact.

Select each tab to see my general guidelines, a list of things I'm 100% cool with in my RPs, and a list of limits or topics I would rather avoid. Please read through all three tabs if you're interested in RPing with me, they all have important info!

• RP Guidelines

• 18+ partners only, please. All RP will follow site rules, but due to my own age I'm not really comfortable doing 1x1s with minors anymore.
    • Be willing to play multiple characters. I'm not interested in RPs that only focus around two characters and enjoy having a side cast of 'NPCs' or characters that we share playing depending on when they come up in the plot. I've had partners in the past who basically wanted me to play everyone but their OC and I didn't enjoy the experience.
    • Be willing to play more than one gender. It's cool if you favor a particular gender for whatever reason, though. I just don't click well with people who absolutely refuse to play other genders because I like having a mix of characters of different genders in the RP.
    • I like plot-heavy RP with lots of action and adventure. If this isn't to your tastes we might not click very well. Along those lines, I don't want to do all the heavy lifting with the plotting.
    • I only RP in private. PM is my favored method, but Discord and e-mail are also available.
    • E-mail and Discord are also available for OOC chat but I don't share this info in public. Just ask if you're interested.
    • I don't have any solid activity requirement, just let me know how often you're usually able to respond and if anything comes up that might affect that.
    • If you need to pause or end the RP for any reason please let me know.
    • My posts average between two and five paragraphs per character, depending on the flow of the scene. Starter posts or posts with lots of introspection or establishing content are often longer, and dialogue posts are often shorter to encourage a natural flow of conversation. I'm looking for a partner who can average at least one to two paragraphs per character.
    • I only write in the third person perspective, and only write with partners who use it. Past or present tense is fine, I just can't deal with first person perspective.
    • I like to plot and worldbuild as we chat OOC, both before and during the RP. I'm not the kind of RPer who can just hit the ground running with a starter. I try to hit a balance between plotting an RP out in detail and leaving room for improvisation and surprises.
    • Please be communicative. If you have an issue, let me know! I'll do the same for you.
    • I'm actually chill while doing OOC chat and love sharing inspiration in the form of music, art, random stuff I found... so like, if this thread seems a little stiff don't let it fool you.

I believe that covers everything for now. If you're interested or have any questions about the nature of this request, Giant Robo, Tetsujin 28, or anything else I babbled about in this thread, please send me a PM. If your account cannot send PMs yet you may post in the thread to ask me to send a PM, but otherwise do not post in this thread. I will not discuss RP details in this thread. I am also not interested in any other RP, nor do I do original RP, so please don't ask about those things. Thank you for your time!

Again, only post on this thread if your account is unable to send PMs. Please PM me with all RP related questions.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back