• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Special Snowflake Center (Still open!)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here

FoolsErin

when you at the when you you when the
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
6:46 AM, April 24th, 2???
The sun is rising on a happy Wednesday morning, and things are as normal as a fantasy city can be in Equi. Vampires scurry into shade to slip on their suncoats, early birds blink awake, and the creatures of the night are settling down for bed. Some idiot on the back of a Chinese dragon holds on for his life, at breakneck speed in the flying creature air traffic lane. An imp taps his foot outside of the nearest Demomart, waiting for it to open. The city hasn't slept a wink, even without the sun.

8:00 AM
Regardless of other activity in the city, the first staff member of the daylight hours, Talia, unlocks the center for the morning. She blinks at the front sign with a sigh, and heads into work with a chai tea in her hand.

8:00 AM-11:00 AM
Where are you in the city? At work? At school? Your first post should describe where you are and what you're doing. Perhaps you've already gotten to the center or you're en route.

KatarinaQuel KatarinaQuel Limerick.Grimoire Limerick.Grimoire Radio_Rat66.6 Radio_Rat66.6 Rusty of Shackleford Rusty of Shackleford Gizmo Gizmo

Pilik is at school, sitting in the back of the class and watching the clock, watching the seconds tick by until the end of the school day.

Last edited:
Katarina is sitting at home, watching people pass by. she's looking for people that may potentially have money. she's watching for people that are dressed the part, or even someone she knows has the money. Okay, no.. too boring. i'm going to the centre, atleast there it's more entertaining. Getting up the the table she was sitting on, she grabbed her sheep-skin vest to go out, and left to walk to the Centre

Rosie was sitting in her home by the fire. She had a blanket thrown over her shoulders as she shivered. Always always cold. She shakily held her cup of hot coffee. It had a lid and straw so she didn't spill it everywhere. The scent filled the air and made her smile as she took a sip. She tapped her phone twice to wake it up and check the time. 8:05. She nodded to herself and stood up. She kept the blanket wrapped around herself and went to put on her boots. She grabbed her keys and left for the center. She had nothing better to do than shake like a snowflake. She laughed softly and locked the door. She got in her car and started driving with the heat on.
About halfway there she saw another of the girls from the Center. She pulled over to the side and rolled down her window. A great time to make friends.
"H-H-Hey. A-Are you g-g-going to th-the C-Ce-C-Center...? W-W-Want a r-r-r-ride...?"

KatarinaQuel KatarinaQuel

Katarina stopped in her tracks, and looked at the shivering girl.
"oh, really? how nice of you, ofcourse dear!"
katarina knew what she was doing. she knew Don't get attached But nonetheless, she let Rosie drive her tp the Centre
"So, what's your name, dear? My name's Katarina!"

Radio_Rat66.6 Radio_Rat66.6

Rosie rolled up the window to keep the heat in and drove towards the Center.
"R-R-Ro-Rosie...N-Nice to m-m-meet you..."
She smiled over at the girl, her teeth clicking a little.

"say, are you okay? you look quite cold. it's only april, yeah? you sensitive to the cold?" Katarina knew why she was cold. but she had to pretend she didn't know. asking the question would make Rosie think that i didn't know Katarina though to herself. She can't know i already know everything there is about everyone that goes to the centre

Rosie nodded her head.
"I-I-I'mmm fine. M-M-My dad t-t-t-told mmme I-I was c-cu-c-cursed.."
She pulled into the parking lot for the Center.
"I-I-I-I'm a-always c-c-cooold."

"wow, that must suck, i'm really sorry about that. is there anyway i can help you? i may not know magic, but I.... ahhh. i can draw? would you like to see my art book? i've been told i a really good drawer. "
this statment only applied when Katarina was putting up her facade. she never really cared much for what the people told her, but it was the only way people were comfortable around her. she knew many people, whether they be humans, or other monster, weren't comfortable around her. she was slightly surprised when Rosie talked to her. she'd never had a human intitiate an interaction with her, she was often the one that started it. she pushed these though aside, and pulled her purse around and brought out her small sketch book as she exited the car. holding up the book, she looked at Rosie and spoke "you may notice i draw people i see if you deciede to look through. if i remeber correctly, i might've drawn a couple drawings of you while sitting around in the centre!"

(yay rpn notifs suck, didn't even know people replied until i checked the thread)

Rosie grabbed her blanket and wrapped it around herself. She locked the car and looked at the sketchbook. She took the offered item and flipped through a few pages. And, yes, there was a picture of her sitting down bundled up in her blanket.
"Th-Th-These are r-r-r-r-really goo-good...I-I-I-I ca-c-can't draw a-an-an-a-anymore..."

"well, thank you! i like to think i'm a good realisitic artist!.. but what do you mean 'anymore?'" she tilted her head in confusion and took back her sketch book, tucking it back into her large purse. she pulled out a mirror to check her make-up. sure enough, it was fine, but she wanted to touch it up abit. putting the portable mirror back in her purse, she looked back to Rosie, and spoke.
"actually, hold that thought, i need to go to the bathroom, see you inside in the lobby, yeah?" Katarina Smiled and took off, leaving Rosie behind

Rosie was about to speak when Katarina said she had to go inside. She nodded and walked inside the Center, her cup of coffee still in hand. She drank it when it was absolutely hot because it never seemed to bother her like it would most people. And by bother she meant hurt badly. She pushed open the doors and smiled when she saw Talia already there.
"M-M-Morn-n-ning T-Talia...!"
She waved to her and slipped her keys into her pocket and tightened the blanket around her small frame.

FoolsErin FoolsErin

katarina rushed inside and headed straight to the bathroom. she entered and brought out her portable make up set, and quickly did up her fake eye. she got out a brush and brushed through her three tails, and put the brush back, bringing out a comb for her hair. she did a few quick strokes, and put it back into her purse. "alrighty, all done. now, there better be some good people coming in today, cuz it's starting to get boring, coming in everyday, but no one suitable actually comes by.." Katarina sighed and shook her head, and left the bathroom to sit in the lobby.

Rosie was about to speak when Katarina said she had to go inside. She nodded and walked inside the Center, her cup of coffee still in hand. She drank it when it was absolutely hot because it never seemed to bother her like it would most people. And by bother she meant hurt badly. She pushed open the doors and smiled when she saw Talia already there.
"M-M-Morn-n-ning T-Talia...!"
She waved to her and slipped her keys into her pocket and tightened the blanket around her small frame.

FoolsErin FoolsErin

Talia was leaning against her office door. She was checking her watch. Bruce, her first patient of the day, was fifteen minutes late. "Morning." She mumbled, clearly frustrated and wondering where the heck the lizardman was.

katarina rushed inside and headed straight to the bathroom. she entered and brought out her portable make up set, and quickly did up her fake eye. she got out a brush and brushed through her three tails, and put the brush back, bringing out a comb for her hair. she did a few quick strokes, and put it back into her purse. "alrighty, all done. now, there better be some good people coming in today, cuz it's starting to get boring, coming in everyday, but no one suitable actually comes by.." Katarina sighed and shook her head, and left the bathroom to sit in the lobby.

Lizzie was standing against the far wall like always, blankly staring from her dark getup that hid most of her features. Nobody quite knew what her deal was. People theorized she was a ghost, an illusion, or just some dragon with nothing better to do. But regardless of what she was, she always seemed to be here, sipping on her...whatever. Rarely talked, and it was "Liz's blessing" if you could get her to.

Sebastian the centaur was leaned against two chairs, moaning from his latest headache. He received very clear visions of what was to come....at the expense of pain. He wrote poetry in the time he wasn't suffering, and his dreamy, far-offness was kinda off putting.

There were two new people today, one a goblin shivering from some magic disorder, and the other a pale blue-haired young human adult with small, cupid-like wings.

(Sorry for not responding yesterday, I had some issues I needed to deal with.)

Rosie smiled and looked around at the ones already gathered. She wanted to talk to them, but she didn't know if she could. Not yet. She found herself a chair and the blanket over her head, still shaking like a leaf. Social interaction was the worst for her. Anxiety inducing and strangling. None of that just yet.

Katarina stepped out and saw Rosie, shivering in a chair. she walked over to Rosie to say hi again
"Hey Rosie, sorry bout that, i just had to fix my make-up" she paused and sat down next to her, bringing her three tails around onto her lap.
"so, what were you saying before? you were implying that you used to be able to draw, right? what happened? " Katarina questioned. this was a sincere question, a rarity for her. she didn't often mean what she said, because it's all just a facade. but with this, she truly was curious. she assumed it was because of the curse on Rosie. but if it was the curse, that would mean to imply it was cast on her later in her life, and not when she was born. She pulled out her sketchbook, and continued working on an unfinished sketch. at the moment, she had only sketched out a rough outline of the figure.
(btw, if Rosie's gonna make a comment about the sketch, feel free to add details to it that you think might be there, cuz i honsetly don't know what it would be!)

(i'm going to let you two finish this social interaction and then do a time skip so Gizmo Gizmo can get in on the action)

(Sorry for the long post. Also this can take place before or after the time skip whichever you want.)

Darik walked out of his home he was done with his mom she was so annoying. He felt a long fox tail wrap around his gut pulling him back inside. "Where are you going?" Visibly agitated and getting more and more so every second he pulled himself free.

"Out!" He barked before he stormed out once more. He slammed the door behind him a little too hard, it echoed out enough for passersby to have taken note. A small red aura formed around him for a few seconds before fading. He took a big breath and tried his best to calm down it would be bad if he let his anger get the best of him. He ignored there looks and walked on.

He could have just flown to the center but he was ashamed of his body so he did everything he can to keep his wings and tail a secret and hidden. He is dressed in a baggy hoodie to hide the wings underneath. It was a bit warm for that but he felt the heat was worth it. He kept his tail wrapped around his waist which made him look fatter, but he didn't seem to care at least he looked "normal." Well as normal as a guy in a mask could look. He felt his pocket vibrate so he looked and he had gotten a message from him mom 'Be back by 10pm remember we have plans" as much as he didn't like his mom he knew that I'd he didn't show up she would kill him.

It took him a good long time to walk to the center. He didn't mind he needed the exercise as well as well as he needed the time to calm down. He hated going places hot headed things tended to go bad when he did. He was back to his normal emotionless self. Though he tried to put on a happy face for a good give second before he reminded himself that he had a mask on and didn't need to smile.

He went in an gave the people at the front desk a small awkward greeting. He hated meeting new people, not that he didn't like new people he just never knew what to say or how much to say. "Hey....." He waved at them and remained silent for a few seconds without doing anything. Inside he was panicking not knowing what to do so he started to walk away. But he stopped and inched his way back to the front desk. He felt stupid like he shouldn't come back and bother them. As he is mentally deciding what to do he is once again just standing there. An aura of yellow started to form around him as he was going back and forth on what he should have done. Eventually he broke the cycle and finally spoke up again. "Um, um I'm relatively new and don't know much about this place, could I get some help on what's what?”

(Sorry for the long post. Also this can take place before or after the time skip whichever you want.)

Darik walked out of his home he was done with his mom she was so annoying. He felt a long fox tail wrap around his gut pulling him back inside. "Where are you going?" Visibly agitated and getting more and more so every second he pulled himself free.

"Out!" He barked before he stormed out once more. He slammed the door behind him a little too hard, it echoed out enough for passersby to have taken note. A small red aura formed around him for a few seconds before fading. He took a big breath and tried his best to calm down it would be bad if he let his anger get the best of him. He ignored there looks and walked on.

He could have just flown to the center but he was ashamed of his body so he did everything he can to keep his wings and tail a secret and hidden. He is dressed in a baggy hoodie to hide the wings underneath. It was a bit warm for that but he felt the heat was worth it. He kept his tail wrapped around his waist which made him look fatter, but he didn't seem to care at least he looked "normal." Well as normal as a guy in a mask could look. He felt his pocket vibrate so he looked and he had gotten a message from him mom 'Be back by 10pm remember we have plans" as much as he didn't like his mom he knew that I'd he didn't show up she would kill him.

It took him a good long time to walk to the center. He didn't mind he needed the exercise as well as well as he needed the time to calm down. He hated going places hot headed things tended to go bad when he did. He was back to his normal emotionless self. Though he tried to put on a happy face for a good give second before he reminded himself that he had a mask on and didn't need to smile.

He went in an gave the people at the front desk a small awkward greeting. He hated meeting new people, not that he didn't like new people he just never knew what to say or how much to say. "Hey....." He waved at them and remained silent for a few seconds without doing anything. Inside he was panicking not knowing what to do so he started to walk away. But he stopped and inched his way back to the front desk. He felt stupid like he shouldn't come back and bother them. As he is mentally deciding what to do he is once again just standing there. An aura of yellow started to form around him as he was going back and forth on what he should have done. Eventually he broke the cycle and finally spoke up again. "Um, um I'm relatively new and don't know much about this place, could I get some help on what's what?”

Kelly had recently been hired as front desk staff, and she hadn't quite expected this of all things. She opened her mouth to comfort this obviously stressed dude, but she was interrupted by a calm, monotone voice.

"Fun stuff's over to the left of the front desk, waiting room for therapy is to the right, ask the front desk if you need a therapist, therapy offices are either near the entryway or down the right hallway, the rest you should be able to figure out." It was Lizzie who said that, blankly staring at the newcomer with a mug of something in her hand. She gave a blink, then walked back to her observation point. A few people looked over, surprised. They gave a small round of applause, then went back to what they were doing. Sebastian gave a painful smile, with his headache still at large. "Ah, luck is upon you, my good sir. Liz's blessing usually comes after the first visit. You truly are a magnificent..." He winced for a moment, "...Hibiscus." This was probably weird for a first-comer, but for everyone else, it was normal. Sebastian really liked calling people by flower names instead of their actual names. Said it was easier to remember.

Derik was grateful that he got a good synopsis of this place, but before he could even thank them everyone was clapping. This confused him, he didn't understand who this person was this person or why her interaction with him so surprising and worth praise. Before he could even address her she was already gone back to whatever she was doing before. His attention turned to Sebastian when he told him about how lucky he was. "What was that all about?..." He got a twinge in his heart when Sebastian said Hibiscus, he started to look around him fearing that he was misunderstanding who everyone was talking to. The yellow aura grew larger, this was becoming a problem. Derik's form started to distort and glitch, the aura started to expand further turning into tendrils. He knew he had to put a stop to this, he closed his eyes and took large breaths he was forcing himself to calm down and suppressing emotions. The yellow aura faded away and was replaced by his normal gray glow. In a more calm and almost cold tone. "Were you talking to me?" He needed to make sure that he was the right person even though no one was around and it could only be him.
FoolsErin FoolsErin

Last edited:
Derik was grateful that he got a good synopsis of this place, but before he could even thank them everyone was clapping. This confused him, he didn't understand who this person was this person or why her interaction with him so surprising and worth praise. Before he could even address her she was already gone back to whatever she was doing before. His attention turned to Sebastian when he told him about how lucky he was. "What was that all about?..." He got a twinge in his heart when Sebastian said Hibiscus, he started to look around him fearing that he was misunderstanding who everyone was talking to. The yellow aura grew larger, this was becoming a problem. Derik's form started to distort and glitch, the aura started to expand further turning into tendrils. He knew he had to put a stop to this, he closed his eyes and took large breaths he was forcing himself to calm down and suppressing emotions. The yellow aura faded away and was replaced by his normal gray glow. In a more calm and almost cold tone. "Were you talking to me?" He needed to make sure that he was the right person even though no one was around and it could only be him.
FoolsErin FoolsErin

"Yes. Flowers are easier to remember than names, with the added bonus that it truly represents how they come as buds, bloom, then wither to the outside world." He then grunted and grasped his head. "Mind leaving me for a while, Hibiscus? The old noggin has invited Mr. Pain over for dinner."

Rosie had her legs pulled up to her chest, covered by her blanket. She was staring absently into space when Katarina sat beside her. She looked over at her and smiled softly.
"I-I-I-I used to d-d-dr-d-draw when-nnn I was y-y-y-y-younger, but when I-I-I-I was ab-b-b-b-bout sevvvven I st-s-started getting c-c-c-c-cold. I-I-I-I shook it offffff because i-i-i-it was in the wwwwwinter. B-B-But then sp-sp-spring came arr-rr-round and it d-d-didn't stop. I-I-I-I was taken to d-d-d-doctors and annnnybody that c-c-c-could help, but they ff-fff-f-found nothing wr-r-rrr-rong. M-My father later told mmm-me I was c-c-cursed. H-H-He said it wwwwwas sss-sss-ssomeonn-nne h-he mm-made mmmad-d-d. I-I-I-I ff-ffff-ff-forg--"
Rosie froze in place, mid sentence. Her cup was resting under her mouth, like she was about to take a sip once she finished her sentence. Her eyes were locked on Katarina's and she was completely still.

(For reference, Sebastian calls the following characters

Rosie: Crocus

Katarina: Pansy

Lizzie: Black Eyed Susan (real flower, used to have a lot of them in front of my old house))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back