• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic space pirates

"I'm just teasing you, Kat." John amended, seeing that Kat had been hurt be his comment about the food. It was true, but he hadn't wanted to upset her. He held himself very still. "I leave myself in your very capable hands, doctor."

"Well I just need this prick of blood.." Without waiting for his response or reaction, she took it from him. "And we're finally done!" Kat said rather perkily as she waltzed off to update his medical records. She called back to John over her shoulder. "Now that wasn't so bad was it?"

((Sorry, I dozed off. I'm going to sleep properly now. Good night.)) 
John grumbled something unintelligible under his breath and stood up. "What's my diagnosis doctor?" He asked, rolling the shoulder with the sling strapped it. He prayed that it wouldn't take more than a week or two for him to heal. He didn't think he'd survive any longer than that.

"If you don't pull any ridiculous or risky stunts? Maybe two weeks before you can use that arm again." Kat said with her focus on updating his files rather than on him. Her assistant handed her Sri's data that was taken while she was examining John. "Thank you." Kat studied it while listening to her assistant's assessment of the Viktallian. "Well Sri it looks like you're fine but just in case I want you to sleep here for the night and to tell me if you're feeling any fatigue, dizziness, or anything else. Other than that you are free to go." She gave her a warms smile.

Jax opened a comm link to Zed, "Hey Boss, I've got a signal I think you need to come listen too. Its a distress signal, on Zera Nov, not to far away, a Civvie Cargo ship, say their engines are out. Think we should go help them for a bit of the cargo?"

Nobody was around. Excellent, he could get back to trying to break the chain. Getting up out of the bed, he gets into a stance worthy of any tug of war veteran, and once more begins to give short, sharp jerks. Eventually it would give. It might take hours, days, weeks, or even months, but it would give eventually. Patience was a key part of ruling an empire.

Zed dismissed slinger and went up to the bridge. Upon entering he sat down and said. "Trade with them?! Really jax... its like you dont even know me." He waved his hand around a little, as if dismissing the idea. "Besides, our engines arn't operational."

"Not trade with them, but help them and gain something later for our benefit. Favors are never a bad thing to have owed to us." Jax looked at Zed and shrugged, "But hey, you give the orders, I just pass them along Zeddy-Pie." He winked and looked back at his comms, "Oh by the way, Felicia wants to let King Jackass out of his cell, I for one vote no."

Jed shook his head. "Yeah thats not going to happen."

Sonia was fixing a console when a couple people came in with the parts she needed. "Finally." She mumbled. She opened a comm to Jarrod. "Jarrod i need you down here as soon as you can." 
(@Sulfirious))

XxX

Jarrod recieved Sonia's ping and smiled, he could finally get back to work, replying, "I'm on my way Sonia." He moved rather quickly to the engineering and entered. Nodding to the other in the room he spoke, "So what do you need me to do?" Jarrod walked closer to Sonia as he spoke, moving around some of the others so he wouldn't be in their way.

((Sorry I've been absent, I came back from vacation with a major ear infection. I am much too old to still get those, but... I slept all day yesterday, and woke up today just in time to leave for soccer practice.))

Sri stood and walked out of the medbay at Kat's words to make her way upstairs to the bridge. She needed to see how bad the ship really was and wanted to confirm John's report of the battle with the Crown. She had been serving on the Cat for a few months and knew well the human tendency to embellish, John more than most. She made it to the bridge in record time to find Jax and Zed already there. "What is the Cat's condition?" She asked.

John watched Sri leave, then said to Kat, "Thanks again or patching me up. You are a good doctor, you know." He wanted to add something more, but he wasn't sure what else there was to say.

Zed turned around in his chair to face sri. "Ah! My helms.... woman! Its good to have you back. And the cat should be in working order as soon as engineering gets the new parts put in."

Sonia greeted Jarrod as he walked in with, "i need you to help install this vertex containment unit." She said as she picked it up. As they were doing that another crew member took away the deflector dish and, presumably, started installing it.

XxX

Jarrod nodded and took the piece. "Cool, I'll set that up for ya Sonia. It should be done in oh.. Say 20 minutes?" Jarrod walked towards the area to work in and got to work slightly modifying the Cat to adapt and work with the new vertex containment unit.

((Well, I'm leaving today for camping until the 13th. I will have access to wifi but I'm guessing it will be spotty... I'll be on when I can!! xP))

Last edited by a moderator:
Kat was typing away on her computer console when Sri left. She had to quickly update her files in what little time she had left until the scheduled cleaning and crew check ups. "Thanks again or patching me up. You are a good doctor, you know."

Kat's attention wasn't fully on John so she simply replied. "Yes I know and your welcome." When he seemed to be loitering with something else to say, Kat finally stopped typing and turned away from the computer. "Yes?"

Felicia was wandering the halls while the captain and Slinger were gone, bored. But when she spotted the shuttle coming back through a window somewhere on the ship, she did a little dance and made her way up to the bridge, calling Slinger to come up there with her. She bounced excitedly just outside the bridge as she waited for Slinger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back