• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Space Mercs - Seeking a partner for alien style character

Night-Hawk

Things are about to get Hawkward...
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hello, on the hunt for a role-play partner again!

What I'm looking for:

• Someone who is advanced literate and detailed; and is devoted to adding to the plot, and keeping it alive with their own creativity and imagination. Not someone I have to lead along constantly. I want you to throw in your own ideas, too. This is a team effort!

• Must be third person.

• I accept, and actually prefer, females portraying a male character.

• No one under 18. (Not because of anything dirty, just looking for a mature writer.)

• No one liners, and use proper grammar, punctuation, etc.

• Response length usually depends on the situation, but I like multiple paragraphs. I don't have an exact requirement, however. All I ask is that you be detailed and thoughtful in your responses. Say what you need and want to, but don't worry about hitting a certain target, or staying under a limit.

• It’s preferable you be able to write as multiple characters, of both genders, when needed.

• If there comes a point where you aren't sure how to proceed, or something doesn't jive, just tell me, don't ditch and ignore me. I put effort into my stories, and being abandoned in the middle of one just isn't fun.
___._._._.___

And now, to the plot ideas! Both of which will be two straight male characters with some bonding, action, and bro-mantic vibes. I’m a sucker for bro-mance, not going to lie.

Also, these are sci-fi, futuristic style. With lasers, spaceship dogfights and techy stuff, oh my.

Your character: Muse B
My Character: Muse A

Idea 1: Alien and Human build up friendship:

They were partners for one job. That was it. They didn’t get along, their differences clashing and grating on the other. But it didn’t matter. They’d part ways as soon as the mission was finished, and they got paid.

They merely tolerated each other, if even that. They never expected to actually work well together when they put their attitudes aside.

And they certainly didn’t expect to share an actual laugh one day, give each other an odd look, and smirk it off as they went on.

Muse B knows very little about Earth and human customs, but Muse A doesn’t mind explaining things he loves about his home planet and culture, though it often baffles Muse B.

Becoming friends? They never saw that one coming, either. But it happened, day by day. Without even realizing it. Until one moment came where the job was finally over, and they could once again go their separate ways. Yet, neither wanted to anymore. And hey, why not stick together? They made the perfect team.
___._._._.___

Muse B is an alien, possibly a cyborg, humanoid or not. This is totally creative license. You can come up with what he is, where he’s from, etc. Basically a blank canvas. The only thing I do ask is he be.. well, in human standards, a large tough kind of guy. A have a dynamic in mind, is why I say that.

Which is loosely inspired by this; “One is quick, the other’s tall…” Really got me in the mood for that kind of partnership/friendship dynamic.

Muse B is a mercenary, a muscle for hire. He’s enlisted on a job due to his skills and/or knowledge of the targeted area, and accepts because why not, it pays good. However there’s one little matter he hadn’t been privy to until he’d already agreed; he wouldn’t be working alone.

He has to work with him, Muse A, who is not only human, but a Terran, an earthling, no less. Muse A seems to fit the entire earth cliche in Muse B’s mind, with his smooth talking sarcastic attitude, leather jacket, and bravado that makes Muse B want to punch the smirk right off his face.

But alas, Muse A is a vital asset for this job, and has the necessary information and skills required. They’re both stuck together for this mission, whether they like it or not. Because their employer isn’t the understanding type.

Over the course of the mission, which is still a grey area for me, they slowly become friends without even realizing it. So this is a build up friendship with some interesting drama, stress, and action. I’m thinking perhaps their job is dismantling an organization or something; going to bases, hit and runs, information gathering, interrogations, sabotage, and the like. I’m totally up for suggestions!

Idea 2 is basically the same duo, but their friendship would be developed already, and they’d basically be space mercenaries and bounty hunters, going around on various adventures and what not.

If you’re interested, shoot me a PM!

I would love to be apart of this roleplay! Are you still looking? I really like the idea of idea one where we gradually build their bro-mance up with every mission they're enlisted in.

do you object to Mass Effect or star wars?

Well, I've never played Mass Effect, or seen Star Wars, so that's a no, sorry.

I would love to be apart of this roleplay! Are you still looking? I really like the idea of idea one where we gradually build their bro-mance up with every mission they're enlisted in.

Definitely still looking! PM me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back