• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Space Adventure?

Hank_Venture

Lord of Nowhere
  • The Role Play would be about a small crew of interstellar explorers travelling trough space, visiting planets, having adventures and dealing with personal problems (romance, friendships, rivalries).Think of it like Star Trek but without most of the rules and regulations.

• I'd like to keep the crew small-ish, 5-10 characters, we Role Players would mostly play the main characters like the Captain, The Doctor, The Pilot, Chief Engineer, Chief Scientist etc. the smaller characters would be NPCs, I could expand on this idea a bit more later.
  • So, anyone interested?

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh man, this sounds great! sign me up for the pilot!

Let me know if you want any help with the RP too.

Taqhart said:
Oh man, this sounds great! sign me up for the pilot!
Let me know if you want any help with the RP too.
Awesome, if you have any ideas to improve the role play, literally anything at all that comes to your mind, just write em' down.

Taqhart said:
Firefly or Mass effect?
That is not a fair question! I can't even decide... my brain would explode if I started calculating the pros and cons.

But, better characters: Firefly better universe: Mass Effect

And Mass Effect is closer to what I'm aiming for with this Rp.

Both would be fantastic, but you can always take the best from both when you make your own. Make the crew smaller than ME and add more background.

A Race list with pics would be cool for character creation and setting establishment. (If you want aliens that is)

Taqhart said:
Both would be fantastic, but you can always take the best from both when you make your own. Make the crew smaller than ME and add more background.
A Race list with pics would be cool for character creation and setting establishment. (If you want aliens that is)
I still want to go with Star Trek as the main inspiration, a crew of explorers on a mission to discover fantastic things and new species (and get into trouble). I would want aliens, that way there's more variety for people to choose their character. I could use your help with the race list thing. I wouldn't know where to start searching xD

well lets decide on a number of prominent player character races.

4, 6 , 8 (including humans)

then we think of physical looks, culture, history etc etc.

waht do you think?

Taqhart said:
well lets decide on a number of prominent player character races.
4, 6 , 8 (including humans)

then we think of physical looks, culture, history etc etc.

waht do you think?
That sounds great, we'll have the primary races and later we'll mention others as we encounter them on planets and in similar scenarios.

yeah, oh man we can come up with so many scenarios! I now know what the creators of star trek felt.

I don't know yet. I only got as far as pilot or engineer. Maybe being the tech guy on away missions?

You?

Taqhart said:
I don't know yet. I only got as far as pilot or engineer. Maybe being the tech guy on away missions?
You?
I'd want to play the part of the captain, and make him human, but we should consider all those other races that we're going to have to make.

ok seven including human, that's a luck number anyways. I have to go but I'll think of some races to pitch when I get back :D

Thanks again for involving me!

Taqhart said:
ok seven including human, that's a luck number anyways. I have to go but I'll think of some races to pitch when I get back :D
Thanks again for involving me!
No problem! I'm really excited for this, I'll think of some races too.

[QUOTE="Hank_Venture]I'm pretty sure you can guess what inspired this. *winks*

[/QUOTE]
Not at all. xD bastardize all you like love, it too was inspired by Farscape, Stargate, and Firefly! >D

Someone say Sci-fi, firefly, and mass effect all in the same thread? congratulations you have gained my attention. I am Interested

Users who are viewing this thread

Back