• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Souls Lost on Black Tides [WoD]

@Morgy

"A princess among demons... well, I don't mind that." Yuzuki said, thinking about it. Truthfully, nothing changed. She was still a daughter of Lucy... the daughter of the strongest demon in this region. That had to mean something for her... and she would embrace this feeling. Besides, having her mother on hand was actually much better than a mysterious devil who had 666 children. If anything, this made being with the Lucifuge more...intimate. Her mother was alive... that's actually all that mattered. "Alright Mother, please hook me up with a place nearby... and near you. I promise I'll continue to make you proud." She says.

Yuzuki still felt different, and she examined herself for the reason why... and she quickly found it. It took her a moment to register it as part of her body, but it was there... a tail. It was hard to call it that at first though... it didn't appear solid, but touching it confirmed it to be as such,, it appeared to be made completely of runes and magic circles. "What?" She asked in surprise, trying to find whatever muscle allowed a tail to move, and it smacked her in the face. "Ow" She said, groaning

"I guess this is part of my 'surprise you're a half demon show?'"
She asked, quickly stuffing the tail in her pants as Lupus arrived, giving Lucy a hug before turning to Lupus. "A dance sounds nice... " She admits, heading out to the floor with him.

(half demon template added. 2 EXP spent on the Aether Pool Merit)

Last edited by a moderator:
Seconds later the girl was already far beyond the house, moving at over twice the speed limit of the suburban roads. Houses and trees flew past her, blonde hair dangling in the wind. In truth, her goal here was to escape, but a single glance back while she was in the driveway hurt her heart in ways she couldn't describe. Those people in the car were not the backup he was talking about. ..And she threw a chair in their windshield. Guilt filled her system. He could be seriously hurt.. But she could not go back for him. If she did, then Kal could use the woman as a hostage again. As far as she was concerned, she just saved that person's life. ..It felt good, perhaps even outweighing the guilt from bringing the family into this.

She had no idea the woman's body lay on the ground, lifeless and cold, with nobody to find it.

Houses blitzed by her, one after the other.. They were nice houses, people that were well off and must have had decent jobs. Not many people were out, and even less on the road ahead of her. The smooth pavement was like a runway for her motorbike, in which all she had to do was take off and leave the (pretty crappy) car in the dust behind her. A casual work car was no match for a sports motorbike. This should be no contest. ..But it seemed that Kal and the ninja weren't about to give up so easily. The tan car tails her, gunning it up the street in the same way she did. Even if she was still faster, the end of the side-road was coming quickly, and this couldn't end well.. Saede reaches the turn and rapidly turns left, her bike leaning over so far that she could have sworn her hair grazed the ground. ..But she was safe, and continued to speed her way onto her new course for the exit gate - Leaving a skid mark as the only evidence of her impressive turn.

The orderly gate stood directly in her way now, approaching rapidly as Saede's mind searched for a way to get over or around it.. No. The only way past it was through it, and her bike simply wasn't equipped for that kind of impact at this speed.. But there was one thing. A person sized gap between the bar and the post on the side.. Meant to be too small for cars, but an access point for bikers to get through. ..A mixture of bravery and adrenaline fill the angel's system. She would go for it.

And as she approached, she saw the officer back in his post.

It was almost funny just how caught off guard he was as she zoomed right by the bar, too fast for him to even react. Not even a scratch was left on her motorbike.

A smirk appeared on her face. Good luck getting through that, Kal.

@Zayuz

Kal sped through the development after the girl as fast as the family car could take him, swerving and bucking violently as everyone was tossed around in the car. He was about 20% slower than the speeding motorbike, and with a slight boost of speed he knew he could catch up to her. However, Saede didn't lose any of her momentum and his speed was never increased. The ninja named Cybil wasn't wearing a seatbelt, and the two other passengers were. The woman yelped and held on for dear life as she gripped the side of the car. She couldn't perform her modifications with this much turbulence. Kal came up to the gate and noticed the guard screaming into his radio while the bar came down in front of him. He didn't pay attention to the guards, the gate was his priority.

"Go! Go!" The woman screamed as she watched the rogue angel make serious distance.

"I can't!" Kal screamed back to her as he waited for the bar to raise again.

"Just break it, get through!" The woman screamed back, putting pressure on him.

Kal gripped the wheel tightly, focusing on the gate in front of him. He knew he could dismantle it. He could do it in the same way he could fix things...using the same process. However, by this point he wanted the fallen angel to escape. He timed it out in his head, giving her enough time to drive away before he started his process. He knew she would never thank him for this, but he was only doing what he thought was right at this point. He had been turned against her as part of a Devil's trick...and he figured that meant that maybe she was in the right.

On the other hand, it might mean that everyone was in the wrong. But...morality was always black and white, right?

@ValkyrieRose

Lupus awkwardly went with Yuzuki to the dance floor, away from Lucy, she did not look very happy with him... 'Well what did she expect? She's the one that gave these eyes after all...' Lupus thought to himself before turning to something much more interesting, his partner Yuzuki. She had just watched a tail hit her in the face before she had tried to stuff it down her pants... Oliver, a bit worried for her and his safety, began nudging him in the leg when he had seen the tail as if to say. 'Lupus, why does she have a tail? Lupus, Lupus, Lupus,Lupus, how come you don't have one, hey Lupus Lupus Lupus, whats going on? Lupus, lupus...' After a minute of the dogs endless nudging did Lupus finally send him away with a quick ruffle of his hair. Oliver was correct though, she did change... "Hunter, Artist, gunslinger, and now demon, i must say your making it awful hard not to fall for you my dear Yuzuki." Lupus said with a chuckle as they went to dance, Oliver keeping watch from afar, occasionally earning a few pets by passerby's such as Akasha or Lilith.

Her eyes locked ahead to meet the road that would guide her to her freedom. Soon enough Kal and the ninja would be far behind her, lost in the city streets. The roar of the motor filled her ears.. Followed by the wail of a siren behind her. Well shit. That was fast. Her mind briefly entered a state of panic, slowing her bike and stopping on the side of the road. The police car was mostly white, with a horizontal black stripe travelling across it's length. On it, she read "Black Bay Police Department" in bold white letters. ..Her hands tightly gripped the handle of her bike as the car approached, nervously glancing behind her to see if Kal or the ninja had managed to catch up.. As of yet, there was nothing.

There goes her lead.

The police man exits his car, approaching her bike and tilting his head slightly as his eyes meet those of the girl. She offered him the smallest of smiles, and her nervousness escaped her. What could she possibly say to get herself out of this? If she admitted anything back at the house then that would just cause more trouble than it would be worth.. Saede examined him. He was somewhat tall, with short brown hair and dark aviator sunglasses. With him, he wore a traditional black uniform, with a pistol holstered by his side and a badge displayed proudly on his chest. He was young; perhaps mid twenties, and his face gave away no hint of expression.

..Damn this police force! They were useless in their entirety - Ignoring whatever they didn't want to see but still having the audacity to pull over those who were in the process of running for their lives. And the life of the woman back at the house. She was probably still okay. Hopefully. "Excuse me miss.." He started, looking her over through his glasses. Saede's hand moved instinctively to her new pentagram necklace, fidgeting it with her fingers and giving him a sympathetic look. "Are you aware of how fast you were going coming out of that civilian zone?" Saede hesitated before replying. "Yes, officer. I.. I'm sorry." He shook his head. "May I see your licence and registration then, please?" The girl quickly retrieved it, still poking her head backwards in concern. "Y-Yeah. Right away." The officer noticed her paranoid look, checking and seeing nothing.

"What's wrong? You expecting anyone?"

"Err.. Well, Sir.. I was out visiting my friend and.. T-This car, beige, normal-looking, with a man and a woman.. It was beat up, and they've been following me. I-I don't know what to do.. I was trying to lose them, and I was about to get away.." She sighs, presenting him her licence. "P-Please help me sir.. I think they mean me harm. ..I'm scared." She looks up to him, as if begging her to let her go, or even to deal with the people behind her. Her eyes flash a brilliant shade of purple, almost beckoning him closer. Combined with her already 'naturally' good looks, the angel was seemingly trying to use her appearance to her advantage, extending her body backwards as she glanced back for the third time during their discussion; worry plain on her face. It was so easy, especially because she didn't have to fake any emotions.

@Morgy

"Oh shut up." Yuzuki says, going out with Lupus onto the dance floor quietly. "I still don't know how I feel about the demon thing. It's nice to have a mother I guess." She says, leaning on his shoulder as she made small movements, thinking to herself. "It's just so ironic, when I was younger I wanted to be an angel of justice, raining down hell on my enemies... and now I learn i'm half demon, raining down death... kind of ironic huh?" She asked.

"Well... at least your leg is healed." She said simply as the continue to dance. "Lucy is preparing a place for me. You're welcome to stay with me, both as my guard and as my friend. I have a feeling we have a lot more working coming up."

Robbert looked at the woman, her own problem? He then saw her take out the small needles that he had knocked into him that knocked him out before and he panicked remembering that bitch from the asylum. He was relieved when the woman stabbed herself with it and not him. He watched her change into something like what he saw from frenchmen with her fangs and gripping metal so hard he thought it would brake in her grasp. As soon as it started it seemed to end and she heaved like she was going to be sick. Robbert watched wanting to help her, maybe he was reminded of his wife that he was still slightly worried about despite the nightmare given to him by his darker half. Thankfully his voice was still nowhere in his mind. Thats one thing he could thank that damned dog of a frenchman for at least. He smiled at her comment. "Don't worry lass, it's not even the most horrifying thing I saw tonight. Though I hope, I'd need not stick those stingers in my skin."

Lupus listened intently to yuzukis words focusing more on her than actually dancing, trying to make as much eye contact as best he could despite their location. "Yes it is a bit ironic but don't worry you'll adapt to it eventually. I'm sure its easier finding out in a hospital bed, told your blood related mother abandoned you as a child." Lupus said with a smile, almost happy it seemed when he said it. "But sometimes thats just how things are, I'm glad you got it off a bit easier." Lupus glances away for a few seconds as if wanted to avoid eye contact. "But enough about me..." He finished, closing the door on a conversation about his past.

Lupus nodded as Yuzuki explained what was going to happen next, happy his leg seemed to be working just fine now. "I see, well I'd love to stay with you Yuzuki, were partners after all now right?" Lupus said with a wink. 'It's not like i have much of a choice...' Lupus thought to himself as he remembered checking over his phone when he added Akasha's and Lilith's numbers. Auric was gone. Lupus had no idea what happened but all traces of the german hunter were wiped from his phone and that troubled him. 'Was this something the demons did to ensure my loyalty? ugh...' Lupus thought bitterly to himself, there went the best hunter organization he could imagine and a good friend...

'

A click of the door and suddenly Xanthus' senses were on fire, it was as though an inferno had stepped through the doorway and shouted at him with the lick of a flamed tongue - a dragon, the same kind as within his dream told him to put the gun down. He had only wanted to get the job done and get out of there but he let his conflicted feelings cause him to hesitate too much. He spun on his feet and holstered his pistol - the dragon male seemed to know who he was and Xanthus himself sought survival - not war. He had failed his mission but with every failure kept promise to continue anew, in this life or another. So for now he'd comply and simply cross his arms while walking up towards Jean. "Who or what is she? She's human but there's something more to her isn't there?!" It was time for some answers and Xanthus was going to get them out of Jean one way or another. "I did as you have asked, I placed my gun down, now can you please explain to me why I'd be asked to assassinate a human girl like her? She's innocent as far as I can tell! How can I rest with her life on my conscience when I'm not even sure what her purpose is!" His voice was hushed in it's urgency, attempting not to wake the girl or her torpor'd bedmate.

Xanthus was a mess, anyone could see that - he had been through so much turmoil that he was a ghost of his former self, Eidolon's clutches onto his mentality were beginning to show and he was having a hard time differentiating the desires of himself and his counterpart that he was only just now getting to know existed within him. Towards Jean it would appear that Xanthus' eyes were a glowing cyan, when normally the iris color of his eyes were a much more calmed blue, it was definitely not natural and Xanthus was anything but - as clear when he stated that Naomi was a normal human girl.

He paced around the room in his irritation, there was a clear stride in his step that even with his troubled nature, he still had grace in his movements, barely a sound coming from his footsteps. "I just want to find out what I need to know and move on from here, I've no desire any longer to take the life of the girl - rest assured." He sighed and showed his feelings on an open canvas, showing no more ill will towards Naomi. "Whatever that demon wanted from me is null now, I've no need to keep to his deal and I can only assume he knew you were here - a dragon with such a body to cleave me in two after the job was done."

For a split second there, Xanthus' words clicked with the bite of pure spite and anger - though it wasn't towards jean and his eyes had flashed green while he spoke these following words; "I'll rend him into swiss cheese with my bullets..." Eidolon's inner rage was also heightening the structural break of Xanthus' mentality - if uncontrolled, they would eventually conflict and an inner battle would submerge the detective into a whirlpool of catastrophic destruction with the inability to value friend or foe in the middle of it. His entire surroundings would become a battleground of foreign territory while the two halves clashed within his mind for control - like two brother dragons seeking the prize of power.

"Whatever this place is, whatever it is that you do -- I need to know. I'm just a variable in this city, that's all I've been seen as here and I'm tired of being kept within the dark, Dragon." His eyes narrowed towards Jean, deliberately calling him what he was, a Dragon - the one of his dreams. "If you answer these questions of mine, I promise to leave and you won't have to see my face again should you wish of it. I'm confused and I need to find my own path within the rubble of this City of Devils - werewolves, vampires and now dragons? I can only do so much in the dark - but I refuse to be a pawn any longer." The last of his words were spoken as he looked over towards Naomi, regarding her as the decision where he had put his foot down on this decision.

He could have shot her and suffered the consequences - maybe he could have gotten away injured, but what would that leave him with? Weakness! Something that the demon whom hired him would've preyed upon him for and no doubt have turned Xanthus into his puppet of malice to the world, an agent of his desires where he'd send the detective around as an assassin to the magical - is that the path he had desired? No, no longer will he be toyed with! This game of chess where he remains the cannon fodder was over, he had reached the end of his opponents board and ascended to a higher role - one that could make it's very own impact on the course of events for the future. Where he could join so many in their fights within this world and bring about victory for their goals or he could strike it alone - the lone wolf that he had always been. Did he really ever need anyone else? "I'll ask you again, Dragon... answer me and I will answer any questions you have in return. My past is a painted canvas and I will no longer keep secrets - secrets are for cowards."

Jean opened his mouth to speak, but keeps getting interrupted as Xanthas started to do the whole "monologue" thing that people sometimes did... Jean wasn't exactly a socialite though... That wasn't his job... His job was hitting things with an axe. Wait... Xanthas was pacing. Should he do something? No, he didn't seem to be doing anything else... Wait, was he still talking? Was that important? Some nonsense about a "city of devils"? Jean had lost focus somewhere around the point where he'd started having some sort of melodramatic existential crisis...

Jean finally just let out an exasperated sigh, held up a hand, and spoke firmly. "Stop. Calm down. What ze hell is going on?"

@Xistund

Tenebris sat there, mostly in silence, while they rode in the underground train car. The surrounding noise became quieter as they entered what seemed to be a dark tunnel. It felt like another world entirely, clearly separate from the city. The dark tunnel swirled around the train and seemed to pull them towards somewhere else. Shadows and visible humanoid ghosts lept at the car from the sides, clawing at the windows like desperate beggars with ephemerial hands. "Don't worry...they can't hurt us." She reassured him as she stared out into the abyss.

Robbert smiled at the woman who tried to comfort him, "As shocking as this lot is, it's nothing I have not already seen. And besides if my soul is dying I don't think they can do much worse regardless." He tapped his foot looking at the shadows and ghosts, then back to the woman. "So where are we going?" He asked as the train seemed to carry them further and further underground, he wondered if he they were going down to hell.

The officer only glanced down at the schoolgirl's license, looking back up to her and drinking in Saede's words. ..He was sure that she seemed to radiate a soft glow for a moment, her blonde hair floating behind her. A trick of the light, perhaps? Regardless, her moment of angelic beauty had fulfilled it's intentions. If she was being followed, then there might be more to this than he had first thought. This could prevent a larger crime, and perhaps ensure the girl's safety. ..Even though it didn't always appear so, he liked to think that the police force should value justice over petty speeding tickets. Well, he wasn't supposed to trust someone he was in the middle of ticketing due to the sheer chance of them lying to get away.. But the code never accounted for girls that literally radiated beauty, did it?

Just as he turns, the beat up car zooms out of the side-street in much the same way as hers did, turning to face them and prompting the police officer to take up the radio on his chest, saying something inaudible and waving Saede off.

"Go on. I'll make sure they don't cause you any trouble."

The angel issued him a thankful smile as she mounted her motorbike, accelerating back to her rapid pace. As she left, she only dared to look back once she was practically on the highway, seeing Kal's car blocked off by the police car that was now strewn horizontally across the street, and the officer speaking to those within.

Success felt good.

Only once Saede was sure she had lost her pursuers did she return to her school, parking quickly and heading in slightly early to her final class of the day. Her nerves were on edge the whole time, as if expecting the ninja to enter the door and rush at her at a moment's notice. ..Luckily, no attack came; but she found herself too distracted from the lesson to really get anything out of it. By the time the lesson was over, she had reviewed the appointment book several hundred times, studying the address and copying it into her phone. She had memorized the route in this time, and decided to visit later in the night when the place was open.

But until then, she had a bit of time to kill. Rushing home, the girl finally manages to fully convince herself that Kal was gone, and the woman was safe. She had saved her.. Why did she still feel to uneasy? She parked her bike in the garage, hanging her helmet on the side. With an inquisitive look, she entered her home, still fidgeting again with the pentagram necklace. What could it mean..? Were demons involved? ..It was a shame she knew nothing about demons. Saede mounts the steps up to her room, having almost forgotten about Helen and Melody in the short time she had been gone.

-Scene 2 End-

• Life

I was a branch grafted onto a new family tree,from one simple night of tragedy. So I was raised bouncing between one foster home then another. I never had a family again, never opened up never let them grow close. I ran away a few times a year seeing how far I could get. Honestly looking back I was running just to run because I couldn't stay there and play house pretend that I had a family and that I wasn't alone.

I learned how to survive on the streets because dinner under a bridge felt more honest then at a table. It goes without saying that I eventually flunked out of high school and when I turned 18 was released from government care, with no money, no job, and no education.

I turned to a life of petty crime. I didn't want to hurt anyone, but others had so much and I had so little. I needed to eat. Often this meant running from shop owners or employees. It was only by luck that when I was caught I was offered a job as a delivery boy, instead of arrested.

From then on running became something I literally practiced and mastered. In time I even picked up parkour, because speed meant tips, tips meant food.

In time someone took notice of my timely and reliable deliveries. I was approached by a man in an elegant suit.

• Death

The job was simple. Transport a backpack of books across town, quickly. The fact that it was done in the dead of night didn't bother me, the pay of a thousand dollars for an hours work at most, did. More money then made sense, something was wrong. However I liked to eat and with this, I might not be homeless anymore, down payment on an apartment and a few months rent. Let me start living a normal life.

My run started off normally, getting to the high ground and roof hopping. The books were well padded and I was told not to worry about them to much they, were "Rather stern". It was obvious I was being followed, there is no where to hide on empty roof tops.

So I poured on the speed, started making greater jumps, harder climbs, risker moves. They were behind me about ten feet no matter how fast I ran. I kept pushing, started varying my height quickly switching from ground level to roof and everywhere in between. Nothing mattered, every time I turned my head they were just STANDING there ten feet away or so.

Then they passed me. Grabbing me as I finished a hop onto a new roof, smart I can move mid jump. Thier grip was like iron. A thin Asian man, small yet very strong. He pulls a gun with his free, hand I don't even think about it I strike his wrist with my collapsible baton. The gun falls into my hands and as soon as I pull the trigger, I am dropping to the ground and he is several feet away. My eyes grow wide...."how the fuck". He smirks mockingly.

I'm being toyed, that much is clear. However no one knows these roofs like me. To run them at a dead sprint in pitch black where one misstep could kill you. I know most of the roof runners in this town, and none of them could keep up me like this guy, yet alone pass me. It doesn't make any sense.

Then he starts really showing off, staying right next to me, moving like he's at a leisurely stroll, each step sending him a dozen feet, as my feet as slamming into the ground as fast as I can to get away. Its inhuman the way he moves and I clearly can't match him.

Then he makes his critical mistake. He lands on the roof I am about to jump for, before I jump. Hes already moving forward to be ahead of where I would land. However I see him and change my jump at the last second. Instead I miss the roof and go through a window into the apartment building I was about to land on. I roll inside, feeling myself cut in a dozen places, but my clothes took the worst of it. The apartment seems to be empty and within a moment I've exited into the hall. I see a stair case circling down and start dropping down the side of the railing , stopping on a random floor. The ground is what he would expect.

I see a door covered in flyers and in a few moments I've lock picked into the empty home. I shut the door behind myself quietly. With luck, I've turn this race into hide and go seek, I was losing that game so I needed a new one.

I change clothes quickly drastically bright colors, because my last ones were dark. Some dirt from a potted plant darkens my hair a few shades. I find a duffle bag and switch the location of the books.

A quick disguise in place, I leave the apartment and then the complex, in a quiet calm looking fashion. A quiet walk later I'm at the drop off point and meeting the man who hired me along with my Asian stalker.

"Well fuck"

• Rebirth

"My my, Mr.Patterson, I must say, you have done.....remarkably. Now we must discuss your future...employment with us as it were."

"Why were you testing me...."

"Ah, caught that did you, then again we were not exactly subtle, I suppose.I wish to offer you a gift, a gift of un-life, employment for eternity, in exchange power wealth, immortality."

"Okay, so larpers, that's cool and all some type of wire trick to keep up with me, studied me knew my route I'd take maybe?"

And that's when the fangs came out, I don't remember the rest of the night as I lost my sanity. I just remember waking up the next day to find myself covered in blood, most of which was not even mine.

Now every day, I hunt and deliver packages for a faction that freelances and I'm open season for a dozen factions that I've done one thing or another to upset.

So I kicked open my "Casket" a boarded up bunk bed deep inside an abandoned section of the subway station. The dark protects me and now I walk over to get any job they have for me tonight.

Session 3, Scene 3. Part 1 [9:15 AM]

@Sigyn @RockstarRaccoon @Trickster Queen

"Mmhn...." The sound was soft as a hand came up to her face to try and lay against her forehead. It hurt. Her entire head hurt as if her skull had been split open by a cleaver, and her brain was threatening to spill out from the way it was throbbing. However, that wasn’t the case at all. Her head was intact. She knew from the feeling of the sheets under her, and the pillow under her head that she was in her room. While there was a light sheen of sweat from the sheer stress her body was under from what she had seen.

That’s right… what she had seen…

A dragon. There was a dragon. An actual legit dragon that was alive, and breathing.

And it was Jean.

With that thought finally sorting out, she tried to sit up, and grab the nearest object to her that she could use as a weapon… which happened to be the lamp. She was breathing heavily, and finally, everything was falling into place as she saw the same red dragon there as before. Her focus was on the ones that were standing. She was scared. Absolutely terrified of this… thing. But it was Jean. She knew it was Jean, yet it couldn’t be Jean…

E-explain this. Ri-right no-now. The words were shaky, but still firm. Her hands were shaking, and her head still hurt, all while her breathing was still uneven. Then she noticed the other person in the room, and turned the lamp-turned-weapon towards Xanthus. A-and you! What…. What are you doing in here?! Jean I can understand because of very specific reasons, but you? What in heaven’s name is going on?!

Jean blinked, looking over. He stared at her wide eyes for a moment, "...Oh. You're awake."

Xanthus looked over towards Jean and then back over towards the girl, crossing his arms. "I was sent here originally to assassinate you for some demon guy named Gillian McAllister - but I chose not to and I will not hurt you, so please calm yourself." He nods to himself and then taps his foot. "I am Detective Xanthus and your big dragon friend over here kind of snapped me out of my little crisis I was facing when I almost came here to end your life. I was being asked to do such for some kind of deal that another thing of mine had worked out with him. All you need to know is that you're safe and I'm not attempting anything anymore and I'm just getting answers so that I can leave here and you'll never have to see my face again - less for some odd reason, you'd want to."

Jean blinked, looking at Xanthas questioningly, "Wait... Let me get zis straight... So Gillian McAllister, the demon who's pretty much ASKING for a blood hunt at zis point, told you to come into ze most secure facility in ze entire city, and kill the apprentice of one of ze most powerful vampires in Black Bay?" He shook his head as it all set in, then finally just leaned it back to let out a deep, weary chortle, as if the entire situation was somehow a bad joke...

Great. Another issue to deal with. "Hold up- Someone is trying to kill me?! Actually put a hit out on me?! Did I do something to piss off the Mob or something?!" Idly, her hand went immediately went to her necklace, but she kept her hand on the lamp as if it were a lifeline. Then... there was the rest of the information... Vampires? Apprentice? DEMONS?! Hold up... "Y-you're telling me that Vampires and Demons exist too... alongside... you as a dragon... thing... And-And when did I become an apprentice?!"

Xanthus puts his hands up pointing flatly to the both of them. "You're both going to have to take a chill pill for now. I'll answer one at a time -- first off for the Dragon's question, yes.. I was sent here by the Demon, Gillian McAllister to kill this girl. Apparently he intended me to kill her but as the Dragon has pointed out, this seems to me more like I was supposed to die here tonight in the process before I could ever even kill you. I was supposed to be erased and I doubt he'll expect me to return to hunt him down later." His eyes fixate onto Naomi now. "Now then, for your question - It appears that you're not aware of things as they are. There are many things that exist in this world - beyond just what you'd expect and the world out there is truly dangerous - many people are going to want you dead or worse and I'm not surprised with how you're apart of some apprenticeship or whatever. You're probably safer off with these people than anyone else." He turns his eyes onto Jean again. "Any other questions before I ultimately decide to blow this popsicle stand and go down my path of killing the bastard that sent me here?"

Jean finished laughing, nodding along, "Yes! He was most certainly sent here to die! How entertaining zat we should all find ourselves in ze ire of ze same enemy!" He chortled a bit more, reaching over to put his massive hand on Xanthus' shoulder... More like the area of his shoulder, seeing as his hand was the size of Xanthus' head... He shook his head, sighing and looking over at Naomi, "No, ze Detective here is no threat, and as for me, yes. I am a Dragon, and zat is a thing, and so are Demons, and Vampires, and Loup-garou, Witches, and, worst of all, Faeries..." he cringed a bit, "Especially Faeries. Faeries are ze worst..." He closed his eyes and shook his head again, "And yes, Orfeo here, who is being a creepy sleeper," he gestured to the bed, "was hoping to hide zis from you, but as you can see, you are no longer in ze dark as it were. And after ze events of today, I am no longer finding myself in ze mood to care..."

She actually couldn't say anything for a moment, and immediately tried to put on a face, and set down the lamp. A forced smile. A very forced smile. Slowly she got up to her feet, and smoothed out her clothes. Safe? Here? With Vampires and Dragons and Demons... and... wait. What about Orfeo? She turned her head to see exactly where Orfeo was, and what he was doing. Nope. That was it. It was going to happen again. "Great. Awesome. Lovely. If you excuse me... I have to go scream as loudly as I can now." Now she just put her hands up in an 'I'm done' way, and started walking to the door.

Jean laughed, "Fine, fine, go right ahead!" he shook his head, stepping out of the way of the door and gesturing towards it with both hands...

Xanthus rolled his eyes and walked over towards the doorway. "Honestly, you both are being ridiculous. And if I had to tell you anything girl - I'd take you along with me if you were awakened or anything but as far I can tell you're just normal, I can't do anything really for you unless you show me you're different and want to leave willingly alongside me." He yawned into his hand and then strode near the hallway. "All I can tell right now kiddo is that the world is going to change big time for you and no matter how much you scream and shout - things like that aren't going to change so quickly. Oh and by the way, Dragon - the one who broke me out was that pirate guy or whatever, he started quite the ruckus downstairs... I'd say he killed two people or so, don't believe me? Check for yourself. So unless you'd like to keep me here, I need to leave for now - we can chat about taking down McAllister later."

Jean froze, staring at Xanthas, his snarking tone suddenly becoming extremely grim.

"WHAT?"

Just then, Marcus ran in from the room directly across the hallway, "Jean!! JEAN!!" He rushed into the room, "JEAN!! Someone just shot up the cell-block!! They've been looking for... you..." he glanced around, seeing Naomi walking out, not screaming about the fact that there was an 8ft-tall Dragon in the room with her, and... the guy... who had just killed....

Marcus shouted, whipping his finger at Xanthas, "YOU!! JEAN! HE JUST KILLED JEFF AND STEVE!!"

Jean growled, glancing over at him, "No, No, it was apparently someone else... Ze Detective here hasn't killed anyone today..." He gritted his teeth a bit, gesturing over at Orfeo, "And of course, the goddamn prince of ze versailles sleeps through it all..." He shook his head, speaking in a half groan, "Just... Wake him up already..."

Marcus walked over to where Orfeo had fallen into torpor, hesitating a moment before nudging him gently, as if he thought there may be a reprisal, "Ah... Mister Delecroix?"

Jean looked over at Naomi and Xanthas, half growling as his eyes narrowed, "YOU two... Do not leave my sight until zis is dealt with..."

Xanthus rolled his eyes and let his arms fall at his sides. "Can we at least find some place to sit down? I'm tired of standing and dealing with things right now is hard enough - I wasn't even supposed to be here that long." He looked around and just yawned.

Honestly, Naomi was not listening. Through this entire exchange she was still moving towards the door, and out into the hallway. She needed to get away from all this.... supernatural stuff.

Jean ignored Xanthas's whining and turned to Naomi, done coddling her, grabbing her by the arm and looking her dead in the eyes, speaking in a deep, firm tone, "Stay. Here."

Marcus kept trying to wake Orfeo, shaking him gently with one hand, "Mister Delecroix? Um... You need to wake up sir..." He was extremely hesitant to wake Orfeo: he wasn't exactly friendly like Jean was...

Orfeo awoke suddenly and with a heavy expression on his face, he moved Marcus aside with his impressive strength and noticed Xanthus immediately.WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU, WHAT IS GOING ON? IS THIS AN EMERGENCY?! he looked over at Marcus, directly in the eyes.

Session 3, Scene 3 Part 2 Recap [blood Hunt]

@RockstarRaccoon @Sigyn @Xistund @Trickster Queen

The group at the manor headed to the jail cells where the dead guards and the suicidal Shield was found. Cedric aka Sword was awoken by Naomi and had to be carried away from Xanthus. After discovering the dead bodies, Jean and Orfeo declared a Blood Hunt on Robbert and passed back into Torpor. Naomi wanted to be able to contribute to the fight, and Xanthus used Mind Magic to beam knowledge of how to shoot a firearm into her head until the next sunrise. The mage took his leave, but found some magical residue inside the garage that was left there for him to find. He contacted the mage in question using Sympathetic Telepathy and was teleported to the train under the city within the time-span of about 12 hours (though he was unconscious during this time). He was informed that he was going to join the organization where his father worked, and that they were entering a pocket of the Underworld that Robbert dubbed The Locker.

Session 3, Scene 4: Silver Line

• "Look, she's back!" A familiar cheery voice moved towards the doorway, she was moving fast. "Thank you so much!" Melody wrapped her arms around saede in a sudden hug, "I mean, sure...you cut me up...but if you didn't bring me back here then I would have bled out for sure...I mean they might have given me a new body, but I guess I wouldn't have liked it at much, plus seeing all my blood on the floor like that was super...coool." She spoke into the schoolgirl's ear very quickly and pulled her towards the living room where Helen was waiting. She simply looked up at the fallen angel, some animosity still in her eyes.

"Hey, I uh...pumped some more Aether into healing her. Looks like it worked." Saede would notice that the bloody nurse was no longer wounded. "I cleaned your house and started to work on dinner for when you got back. Helen hacked into your computer and saw your schedule...so I rationed out all my time and...oh, that other girl helped too." Saede had a few servants in the house, so she was probably talking about one of them. A woman appeared from the hallway, "Yes, it's good to see that you're back, miss." she knew the woman as Marie Alvis.

tumblr_lqo1zomdyn1qzglyjo2_1280.jpg

-Session 3: Wartide-

End

Credits Song (Eclipse)

[media]

[/media]

12;30 AM;

Madison had just made it home from her shift at the Dollhouse to find her Apartment without the guests she intended to shelter. well, she would unlock the door to her house and spend a good while checking to see which items were still intact. she checked her storage room to find her armory, formal clothes and specialty curiosities perfectly intact. it was a crammed room, at first glance, it would appear to be a closet.

in checking the bathroom and the kitchen, she found her food relatively intact, she didn't care if they chose to help themselves to a sandwich or a bagel or something and wasn't going to bother counting them out.

in checking the bedroom, she found her work laptop and her smart phone perfectly intact. but now that she found out the important items were still there. she would enter her Valkyrie pin into her smart phone on a secured server to request a series of items. a Valkyrie issued concealable spy phone that could read highlighted text aloud as well as encrypt text messages, in case her smart phone were compromised, and an Emergency Beacon in the form of an accessory she could wear that would send a subtle signal to Valkyrie in case her life was endangered and she were in desperate need for extraction or backup. a Watch or Pendant would be fine for the beacon. those 2 items would be stuff she brings everywhere, especially the beacon. the beacon would have to be something that can be mistaken for one of those life alert pendants or wristbands they provide to the elderly and to disabled youths for insurance purposes. muteness counted as a disability, and well, her forgetfulness and laziness encouraged her to push back the ordering of these items due to procrastination, but the scenario seeing how dangerous a werewolf was as a first time practical experience, meant she needed to order these 2 things ASAP.

well, she usually texted her superiors through a smart phone, which was just fine because she could conceal her messages to sound more childlike as a form of encryption. but now, she was especially worried. the werewolf could have slaughtered her if she engaged it.

Robbert looked around the area, well if nothing else this would be a good place to hide for a bit. Though he could not afford to stay still for too long his crew was still behind bars and he still needed to find his wife... Memories of the nightmare plunged into his mind like the knife did his chest. It was just a nightmare she could not hate him like she did in the shadow's vision. Even if so he had to know for sure and he could not just stand here while she was out there. But there was that blasted hunt for him, if he left it would be a mad chase and as much as he could trick his way out of situations that by all rights should have killed him tenfold from the sounds of it everyone in the city would be after Robbert Maxwell, he might as well sail into england's ports flying the colors. No he needed someone else to move on his behalf, maybe he can ask these lot to help him. If not free his crew maybe take a look out for his wife, the job he was supposed to do before his shadow wanted him to go to that damned museum that got him in his mess. "So, what type of jobs do you do around here? I mean I can see your rather good at breaking people out of jails. Do you do other things like that?"

NovaPheonix said:
@Zedalb @Trickster Queen
The familiar sound of a train engine sounded through the shadow corridor. Terri was on her way back, probably bringing Xanthus back like she had promised. Terri was a girl who had been employed like you, but she was much less lucky. She never earned her independence, and it was only after she figured out she could control shadows that she was offered a place in the underground with the Free Council. They helped to free both of you from the Mekhet who treated you like slaves. You were saved by a passionate revolutionary who was armed with guns. That man's son was Xanthus, and he would be arriving here soon. In the meantime, you were free to explore the space in the underworld that these mages had carved out, but it would be warned not to stray too far without guidance or else the ghosts would tear you apart. You were given a small bunk room including a casket. Outside was a series of tunnels and facilities, including dark gothic style living rooms, multiple kitchens and other bedrooms along with rooms for things like weapons and supplies. It was similar to a military bunker, except it was surrounded by shadows and it was tightly compacted almost like a submarine. You knew there were a few dozen people living here, so it was necessary to be conservative with the tight space that was apparently on loan from the Grim Reapers themselves. At least that's the rumor you heard.
I wait patiently where I was told to wait, pulling out and studying a small G.E.D book from my bag.

"Fucking solve for fucking x, the fuck I need to figure out missing numbers for"

Such bullshit I can't wait to be running again.

@Zedalb @Xistund @Trickster Queen

Considering you're a 'missing number' now, you're one to talk. Speaking of, I've got X now...so that's something. Terri spoke to the runner through a telepathic link as she got off the train.

She spoke out loud to Robbert a minute later.
"We're fighting The Lie, the curse that keeps people's souls asleep. We're trying to wake them up. You're an example of the kind of things that lurk in the darkness beyond The Lie. That's why I helped you."

She was a monster herself, and the free council saved her. It only made sense that she would do the same for the undead pirate. Stepping off the train, they entered into a makeshift station that was lit with a strange dim luminescence. The light resembled the sort of thing you'd see in the caves of the deep ocean given off by an anglerfish. Bioluminescence, created light. It made sense that the light here would be artificial, this was the Underworld. Tenebris pushed open a door into a larger room where other figures wearing a mixture of clothes zigged and zagged across the lobby.
"I'll take you to see Vitali first, and then we'll have to have a family reunion." She expected Xanthus to object and demand the order of those events be reversed, but until then she walked off with the pirate towards a workshop that smelled like decaying bodies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back