Soulforged Crusaders

GasMaskie

"Wait and Hope"
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Hey, I've just finished establishing a setting for a Fantasy RP I want to run and I'd like some opinions or advice. This setting draws heavily upon Garo and Karas and in particular I wanted to run something Toku-related but given their general track records it seemed that fandom-based RPs attracted no one.

• "Veiya Auro. Our shining jewel, a city of wonders and enlightenment. All roads led there. Perhaps, that's why our world ended when it fell." - The Sage of Stories

Soulforged Crusaders

It has been nearly a century since the fall of Veiya Auro, capital of Aldin. Not a single person in that city survived the catastrophe and the surrounding lands grew infertile. The air became polluted with magic, slowly poisoning the survivors who lived in the neighboring villages. But worst of all, Daemons began to infest these lands once more - leading to its current name: "The Blasted Plains".

The cause of this devastation has still not been identified and all that remains of Veiya Auro are its ruins. Not all hope was lost, though. The Soulforged Order, an organization devoted to the study and defense against Daemons, was merely fractured and cast off to the ends of the continent. Time and time again, the four divisions of the Order put aside the bitter rivalries that had formed between them and sent groups of their best to reclaim Veiya Auro and heal the lands. Not a single person made it to Veiya Auro nor has anyone made it back alive.

Now, you have been selected by the Order as one of these crusaders. Perhaps they saw potential in you or someone wanted you dead but your duty is clear and your future is unknown. Will your group, the Tenth Crusade, finally be the one that solves the mystery and revives the world?

I've got no experience running an RP but I'm planning for this RP to take a limited amount of players. One-liners will be unaccepted and I won't demand 3-4 paragraphs per post. There might be slight stipulations on a character's background (i.e. a Northern Soulforged might be an Iron Ring) but right now I'm still trying to hammer out all the details. Unlike Makai Knights, I wanted to specialize the Soulforged in order to diversify the Tenth Crusade's combat roles and also to make sure that each player brought something different. Like any good Toku, I'm also planning on offering a few upgrades for Soulforged that become available as the story progresses. The general pacing of the story will probably be journeying to Veiya Auro while also dealing with Greater Daemons who are plaguing the villages in the Blasted Plains. In addition, there'll be keeps and Daemon-infested fortresses to clear out along the way. The mystery of Veiya Auro's fall will be gradually revealed by coming across the notes of previous crusades. Abyssal bosses are also planned, although I'm not sure how I'd implement a sort of health bar in a dice-free text roleplay.

Attachments

• Map (2).jpg
    Map (2).jpg
    763.8 KB · Views: 10
Last edited by a moderator:
This seems very interesting and I would love to join, was it not for the fact that this seems heavily reliant on concepts and ideas that you understand but have not explained. Many of then, I believe are not supposed to be exlained, dr one reason or another, but this is a heavily complex idea and it will be hard to find myself immersing in this world that I cannot picture.

GasMaskie said:
Perhaps you could list out the concepts that you can't comprehend then?
Remind me again on the 21st and I will. Right now, I'm on my phone and I'd take hours just copy pasting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back