• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Soular's Partner Search (Lots of plots. Some Pairings)

soular

alien sympathizer
Hey all! I decided to start a nice partner search thread since I'm getting a bit tired of doing all the searching. Also, I apologize if it looks a bit bland but my bbcode skills are far too inferior to stress too much about that. Anyways, let's get into what you guys are looking for.
About Me
  • I'm 19. If that's any importance to you
  • I'm in college (political science major if you wanna argue some shit with me) but I always have a little free time every day
  • Been roleplaying for a solid 5 years but I'm certainly far from an expert
  • I love all things space!
  • I do the college sports thing
  • ... I like to talk? If OOC is your ish, I'm happy to indulge
Expectations
  • Be flexible with plots and characters. It just keeps the rp from going stale
  • Let me know if there's something you don't like/you have an idea for the direction of the roleplay
  • I roleplay in paragraph style with 3rd person past tense. If you give me 2 paragraphs per reply I'll be happy. Personally I aim for right around 4 and range from 3-6 (5-8 if the roleplay is more intense and plot oriented)
  • I like to do character sheets. It can be basic or complex, just let me know the information you like to include
  • Let me know of any boundaries you have
  • I'm not saying have fun. That shit is cliche as hell
  • Have fun though
Plots
I got all these plots from the plots for all tumblr page. Feel free to come at me with your own ideas also. I mostly stick to realistic roleplays, space adventures, and maybe some fantasy. I do not rp fandom at all, sorry about that.

Muse A is a paranormal enthusiast. They spend hours researching and analyzing data that other investigators have collected, yearning to one day conduct an investigation of their own. Right before Halloween, the opportunity arises not too far from Muse A’s hometown to join other amateur paranormal investigators on a hunt, and absolutely nothing can keep Muse A from purchasing their ticket.

The event location is a well-known building that Muse B had been sneaking into for years, the long abandoned county psychiatric hospital. Although the structure has been empty of cases, doctors and administration for nearly thirty years, most local residents insist that the spirits of the patients, homeless, criminally insane, and terminally ill still reside there. Muse B figures why not get a ticket for the ghost hunt, and see if they can validate the strange experiences they’ve had in the past.

On the night of the investigation, Muse A and Muse B both show up to the county psychiatric hospital. Most participants are there in pairs. The event organizers insist no one work alone, so they pair up Muse A and Muse B for the evening.

Will the impromptu team find success and capture the evidence they’ve both been hoping for, or will they simply be left in the dark?

The small suburban town Muse A and Muse B live in is in many ways the same as hundreds of others across the country. Like many places it harbors a few local urban legends and scary stories passed on over weekend bonfires and at summer camps The most well known here is the story of the ‘Pigman.’ The Pigman was a farmer who lived on the rural outskirts of town. He was a private man, so private in fact, that in order to keep the locals away from his property, the Pigman would place the heads of butchered swine on stakes near the end of his long, winding driveway to discourage any solicitors. Back in the 1950’s three troublemaking teenagers had trespassed onto the Pigman’s farm. The following night it wasn’t the heads of pigs that adorned the stakes, but the heads of the unwelcome interlopers, their decapitated corpses swinging from the road’s overpass. Now it’s almost considered a rite of passage to drive down Pigman Road at night. The especially brave will park the car and take a midnight walk underneath the bridge. With Halloween in the air, Muse A and Muse B decide to embark on this little adventure. The drive is fairly uneventful and although the backwoods setting is a little creepy for the suburb dwellers, Muse A wants to impress Muse B with their bravery, and talks them into going for a stroll.

It starts quietly enough, but then the pair begin to hear the sound of metal against metal out in the field, almost as if someone is hammering a post into the ground. Muse B’s mind starts to imagine the worst, but Muse A assures them it is nothing. Muse A advances towards the sound, determined to prove that it’s all a case of Muse B’s imagination running wild. Muse B stays with the car, too spooked to follow. The minutes tick on and Muse B becomes more and more worried about Muse A’s absence. Finally Muse A comes running in a panic, shouting at Muse B to get in the car, but when they both jump in and lock the doors, the car refuses to start. They’re stranded on Pigman Road.

Muse A met Muse B on a cross country flight when they were bumped up to first class and seated next to them. Though they hit it off almost instantly, when Muse B mentions that they’re unemployed and currently not even looking for a job, Muse A knows it’s going to be a problem. They really get along though, so once they land, they make plans to go on an actual date. The chemistry is there, definitely, but Muse A refuses to bring Muse B around any of their friends. In fact, their friends are under the impression that Muse A is still very much single. Muse B has never made a big deal about it, but when, after a year and a half of dating, they propose to Muse A, one of the stipulations is that they need to be introduced to people in their life if they’re going to be together forever.

Though reluctant, Muse A hosts a dinner party for their friends to meet Muse B. They hope that at this point, their friends can overlook the fact that Muse B doesn’t seem to have anything going for them other than their looks and accept them into their exclusive group.

Muse A is a guarded private investigator, who’s been hardened by years of working cases that no one else wanted. Muse A is at the end of their professional rope, exhausted by a decade of pounding the pavement to get the bad guys, while constantly looking over their shoulder. Through it all, Muse B has been their loyal companion—the one they always turn to when the dam is about to break—the only one that can keep Muse A from resorting to their worst vices. Muse A’s latest assignment—a missing person’s case, involving the sibling of a childhood friend—has Muse A clutching Muse B tighter than ever. Muse B is there for all the late nights, easily soothing Muse A’s frayed nerves, seducing Muse B away from the case with their slim figure and intoxicating scent. Muse B is the only reliable thing in Muse A’s dismal world and as such, Muse B’s growing pull on Muse A becomes harder and harder to deny.

Muse B is Muse A’s trusty carton of cigarettes.

It’s the year 3015. Aerospace engineering has advanced by leaps and bounds. In this age, the average citizen can board a luxury spacecraft and venture out to see the sights of the solar system (A trip that would’ve taken roughly 11 years by 21st century standards now only takes 3 days and a few hours to complete!) It’s still an experimental program and tickets are quite expensive, but for those who couldn’t possibly afford the once-in-a-lifetime trip on their own, there is a lottery draw. Muse A and Muse B have been selected through the lottery drawing this year.

While on the second day of the tour, a radio transmission is sent from Earth, warning that a huge asteroid is headed directly for the planet; this could spell disaster for the world as Muse A and Muse B know it. Everyone waits on pins and needles to hear news. Just before the asteroid is set to make impact, the spacecraft loses connection with Earth and everyone aboard assumes the worst has happened. Though strangers before the ship left Earth, Muse A and Muse B turn to one another for comfort. As far as they’re aware, everyone they’ve ever known on Earth has been lost. With no motivation to continue the trip and potentially no home planet to return to, the captain and crew must turn their efforts to finding a habitable planet to relocate to or at the very least making contact with intelligent life who might assist them before their limited resources (including oxygen) run out.

Muse A is a musician, just on the cusp of breaking into the big time. They have a loyal underground following that they love dearly, but their lifelong dream has always been to be a major headliner and to see their name lit up on the marquis of the biggest venues. Muse B is a well-known talent manager, looking for a new artist to lend their skills and expertise to. After seeing a flyer on the street, Muse B attends one of Muse A’s shows one night and is absolutely blown away by their magnetism and raw talent.

After the show, Muse B introduces themselves to Muse A and makes it known that they are very interested in working with them. Muse A isn’t sure at first. They don’t want to be constantly told what to do or play. To be known as a sellout among their loyal legion of fans would ruin everything. The pair spend time together, share a few stories, their dreams and aspirations and begin to hit it off really well. Muse B offers their services, but Muse A is hesitant to accept, even though this may be what they really need to make it big. After a bit of cajoling and a few more meetings, Muse A finally agrees. Muse B utilizes every resource they have to propel Muse A into stardom.

Muse A and Muse B were born in the same town and attended school together, but were never really more than casual acquaintances, despite Muse B’s best efforts to spark up a friendship. Muse A’s family relocates before they finish high school, but as an adult, Muse A decides to return to their hometown for work/college. As the years passed, Muse B’s infatuation with Muse A evolved into an unhealthy obsession. Up until this point it had remained a fascination indulged from afar, daydreams and fantasies of what might have been, but when Muse A returns to town, Muse B takes it as a sign that they are destined to be together - no matter what the cost. Muse B begins tracking Muse A’s movements. It starts off innocently enough, operating silently through social media but quickly progresses to more and more daring endeavors. Muse B begins to leave notes and trinkets on Muse A’s car, sends cryptic emails, and drives past Muse A’s house/apartment hoping to catch a glimpse of the face that constantly dominates their thoughts. Muse A is rattled and beginning to feel paranoid, but unsuspecting of Muse B who they don’t even remember from all those years ago. The ‘secret admirer’ act only sates Muse B for so long, leading them to finally take things to the next level, following Muse A home from class/work. When Muse B can no longer take being in the shadows, they break into Muse A’s home and corner them in order to confess their love.

Will Muse A be flattered by the extreme efforts, furious because of the invasion of their privacy, or will they be consumed with fear?

Pairings
I have a couple of these just because I think they are interesting. Also forgot to mention, I play any gender pairing and am comfortable with any gender. Just let me know what you're looking for!
  • Assassin x Target
  • Prince/Princess x Spy
  • Prince/Princess x Prisoner
  • Roommates
  • Prince/Princess x Prince/Princess
  • Celebrity x Fan
  • Celebrity x Anti-Fan
  • Cirque Performer x Cirque Performer
  • Alien x Human
  • Alien x Alien
  • Hero x Villain
  • Student x Exchange Student

Last edited:
Hey there, Soular.

Love the sound of Bump in the Night if you're still looking :)

Sure! Just send me a pm with the role, gender, and gender pairing you are preferring. Feel free to include any other information you find necessary also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back