• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Soul Eater: The Perfect Order

[QUOTE="Pariah Stark]Oh, so Athena requested a banner for the RP. I decided to oblige:
eOKcAFL.png

That's the original Soul Eater logo, and a matching font in both English and Japanese (which translates to Perfect Order), and a bunch of familiar faces. Toyed around with fitting more on there that were smaller, ended up being overcrowded. So I ultimately picked the ones that overlapped in neat ways, for example the gun and sword. I also favored red and pink to keep the theme. For anyone curious as to how I chose who went on, it was pretty simple: I started from the older characters, chose active ones on the roster and 100% favored full-body pictures. The rest of that is lighting, tweaking curves and color, not really any of the new techniques I learned aside from some light brush strokes. >.< It's basically the old logo made bigger, brighter, higher contrast and refitted for The Perfect Order.

[/QUOTE]
Omg why you so badass Senpai.

[QUOTE="Pariah Stark]Oh, so Athena requested a banner for the RP. I decided to oblige:
dyUIYXj.png

That's the original Soul Eater logo, and a matching font in both English and Japanese (which translates to Perfect Order), and a bunch of familiar faces. Toyed around with fitting more on there that were smaller, ended up being overcrowded. So I ultimately picked the ones that overlapped in neat ways, for example the gun and sword. I also favored red and pink to keep the theme. For anyone curious as to how I chose who went on, it was pretty simple: I started from the older characters, chose active ones on the roster and 100% favored full-body pictures. The rest of that is lighting, tweaking curves and color, not really any of the new techniques I learned aside from some light brush strokes. >.< It's basically the old logo made bigger, brighter, higher contrast and refitted for The Perfect Order.

[/QUOTE]
Jessyka looks like a total badass peering over everyone! I LOVE it!

I'm glad you do. :P Jessyka was one of my favorite to incorporate due to her gun. I spent a lot of time making sure it really popped. Her face blended perfectly with the lighting effect I used. I honestly cut the picture below her in half so that it wouldn't cover up the face, but would the hand, but it actually has this really cool optical illusion when the hand is in front, so I left it the way it was. When I was first putting the collage together, Jessyka was actually dead center, but it took focus away from the gun, which is what I wanted to focus on.

>.< Nevertheless, it's good you like it. I do believe Athena is updating all banners with it.

Note: Hotaru is somehow my favorite in the entire collage. I feel she somehow brings so many elements together, especially when I was toying with it. Oddly enough, Lexie was my least favorite. Because of her art style and very, very bright color scheme around her face, it made a lot of things really hard when it came to lighting.

Hi guys!

Big news!!! We're moving to a new home... we have a shiny new Hosted Project which I'm going to tag everyone in here in about 2 seconds!!

@Chara Angel of Death @Chibii

Users who are viewing this thread

Back