• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Soul Eater {Des x Pritzel}

DescriptedEnd

cause & effect , parallel
A _ S O U N D _ S O U L

D W E L L S _ W I T H I N

A _ S O U N D _ M I N D ,

A N D _ A

S O U N D _ B O D Y .

A private RolePlay between me and
@Prizzy Kriyze.

Set in the Soul Eater universe, with no canon characters except Death himself.

Do not post here, but feel free to read.

Iwata Chiyuri

The ballad of a violin echoed across the barren room, accompanying the slow tick of an ancient grandfather clock. Each note was crisp and solid, some dithering off into different tones and others seemingly carrying themselves in loops. Overall, it was a gentle piece - a breeze of warm impressions that let the mind wander without fear of persecution. A daydreamer's sonata, accents of a greater peace. One would be hard pressed to not loose themselves in the music as it continued.

Behind the music was no other than Iwata Chiyuri herself, today adorned in a white, layered dress that was dotted with velvet azalea flowers. Her blush hair was loosely tied in a bun at the back of her head, bangs laying the sides of her face in a soft outline. She hummed along to her music, body swaying lightly with each beat that could be imagined. Her pace was slow, her motions with her bow sure and precise. She herself was lost in her own thoughts, playing without really thinking. It had been the first piece she had actually learned on her oaken instrument, and therefor, she knew it by heart.

And, as the song came to and end, she stopped swaying & her ivory eyes fluttered open, calm, but seemingly pleased with her small performance. Her arm drifted back to her side as the final note was played, the sound reverberating through the room before leaving, therefor leaving the room in silence. Quickly, she opened the case by her side and returned her violin to it's smokey felt confines. A disgruntled grunt escaped her lips as she closed the hatch & hauled the case to her side.

The clock ticked in beat to the violin sounds seeping out through the door separating Izumi from Chiyuri. It had become a regular habit of hers, every morning they'd get up, go through their otherwise standard morning routine, and then just before they had to leave Chiyuri always decided to spend just a little bit too long playing her violin. Of course, he tried to talk to her about it, how they'd continuously have to run across the city to make it on time, but that was to no avail. Honestly, it was equally much a thing about his own laziness as it was about her pride, so he wasn't actually in any place to complain. Didn't stop him though.

Didn't help that he wasn't a fan of violin music either, but in the end his fuse was far too long to be lit by something like this. It had become a habit of his own to sit on a chair next to the room door and relax for a few minutes before desperately scrambling towards the school. This morning was quite different, however. Their regular sprint to the classroom wasn't necessary, as their first lesson was canceled. He still followed habits and sat on his comfortable chair outside of her room, listening to the dull tunes.

As soon as the last one rang out he stood up and stretched his arms above his head, letting out a long yawn. He wasn't a morning person in the first place, and then there was her dull music almost putting him into a coma. He extended his left arm to the side, giving the door a push with the back of his forearm so that it swung inwards slightly. He proceeded to poke his head in through the opening and look at her with dark circles under his eyes. "We've gotta go if we're planning to make it on time. You done with that?" He pointed towards the violin case as he leaned against the door frame.

Iwata Chiyuri

Chiyuri's eyes flickered upwards, expression patient. "Ah, yes," she mumbled, pulling the strap from her violin case over her shoulder. After taking a quick second to fix a displaced ruffle on her dress, she started to walk towards the door, her low black heels clicking against the wooden panel floors. They were in stark contrast to her white gown, adorned with plenty of lace. "My apologies."

With that, she quickly pushed her way past Izumi and the door that separated them each morning in her slightly absurd routine. When she reached the front door, she swung it open, then clicked both bolts into the locked position so it would be secured when it was shut. She did not need to listen or turn around to know Izumi was close behind, instead stepping out into the chilly air and brightening sky. For a moment, she wished she had a jacket - she could get into the house easy enough, as her keys lay in her violin case. But as she knew, they probably didn't have the time to go back, even if it were just a few steps. So, instead, she took off at a brisk pace, down the short flight of stairs, and onto the darkening brick road below.

It wouldn't take too long for them to reach the school, passing shops and houses a like on their way. It was quiet morning, with the occasional bird chirping sounding from oddly placed nights atop lights poles & roofs on the buildings. Different smells wafted to Chiyuri and she was sorely tempted to stop by a shop or two, maybe for more breakfast or to pick up some items for the house. Instead, she continued walking towards her destination, only increasing her pace into a near run.

As soon as she reached the stairs, she paused and turned, both taking a rest and making sure Izumi had kept up with her.

Izumi shrugged and was about to say something, but she'd already pushed her way past him. "Ehm?" He uttered as she swiftly headed towards the door. "Man, you're always in such a hurry." He muttered under his breath, then shoved his hands into his pockets and followed her. The city outside was chilly, but inside his neon blue-pink hoodie it was pretty comfortable. He momentarily stopped at the head of the stairs and took in the morning air. The street was just waking up, and every here and there you could see other students or shopkeepers getting up early to head to school or open their businesses. He looked down to Chiyuri who'd already made her way a bit down the street, then leaped over the railing and landing on the dark brick beneath it, quickly pacing after her.

"Chiyuuuuuu...." He whined as they reached the staircase. "First class is off, remember? Why are you in such a hurry?" Still with his hands in his pockets, he fell onto his knees before the staircase leading up to the academy and let his forehead fall down onto the third step. "... I don't wanna climb the stairs again..." He moaned quietly, then leaned back onto his knees again and looked up the impossible road ahead. He turned around and sat down on the second step and started digging through the inside of his hoodie. "Yo, come sit down instead. You didn't eat any breakfast, right? You've got to start doing that." He pulled out a sandwich wrapped in plastic and held it out towards her. "Violin is cool and all, but as my Meister I expect you to take care of your body. Otherwise I might as well fight on my own."

He gave her a snide smile and left the sandwich with her before digging out one of his own and biting a large chunk out of it. He leaned back and looked up at the still-drowsy sun at the horizon. Drops of saliva was hanging out of it's mouth as it calmly slept the morning away. "... Fuck that thing is creepy." Izumi mumbled under his breath.

Iwata Chiyuri

Chiyuri had made it up only a couple steps further than her companion before halting, taking a moment to study Izumi before giving in. Letting out a quiet sigh, she traversed down the few stairs she had originally traveled up before coming to the same platform her partner now sat on, joining him. "I'm just not hungry in the morning", she mumbled, but took the sandwich anyways, unwrapping it from its plastic wrapping. While her tone may have seemed regretful, she actually wore a small smile as she took her bite, giving her Weapon an amused look while he dug into his sandwich. "And I do take care of myself!" she retorted. She readjusted her legs to that they stuck out flat, heels & shins directly contacting the cold stone of the steps.

For a moment, Iwata felt the need to start a conversation with Izumi, but she wondered what to say. "Chion," she began, setting her sandwich aside for a moment while she thought how to phrase her question. "Why do you put up with my violin playing in the morning? You could always ask me to stop." She hummed slightly after her question, then took another bit out of her sandwich, also checking her watch to make sure they still had time. About half an hour, she said to herself. "Despite the fact that Although, say it wrong and I might hit you over the head with a brick."

"Right." Izumi mumbled through the mushy pieces of another bite. "Myou're abowt ath thin a' a toofbrash." He almost bit off more than he could chew, and it took effort swallowing the large piece. His throat produced a pretty repulsive sound and he jolted back up into a sitting position while coughing violently. Once he was done he looked up at her and wiped his mouth with his sleeve. "Besides, I don't sleep enough and I don't think there's been a morning yet where you haven't been up before me." Understandably so, he supposed. Izumi at most ironed his clothes and combed his hair in the morning, Chiyu wore an entire carnival on her face and a most-likely-medieval dress on her, and neither of those things took 5 minutes to put on. Not that he was complaining, she was a cute girl and her apparel suited her, he just wasn't able not to joke about it. She had enough individuality not to be bothered by his small-scale joking about though.

"And I've tried." He leaned back on the stairs again and put his hands under his head. His voice was calm, and obviously still drowsy. "I grew used to it before you actually stopped though, and now it's like a tradition you know?" There was a little bit of spite conveyed, but Izumi would bend like the grass if she tried to push it back at him. It just wasn't his style to argue. He took a deep breath and raised his legs until they were completely vertical, then kicked back to fling himself off of the ground and onto his feet.

He took a couple of steps up the staircase, then turned and faced her. With a mischievous smirk he challengingly said "Bet I can beat you to the top." Then took off up the steps.

Iwata Chiyuri

When Izumi kicked himself up from the steps, after a slightly begrudging remark, Chiyuri thought nothing of it. She simply popped the last bite of her sandwich into her mouth, chewed, swallowed, and was starting to stand herself when she heard her partner's decree. From what she had heard, he was already a couple steps ahead of her and was now looking down upon her stature, violin bag slung over her shoulder and slightly turned to face the academy. As soon as he started running, though, her demeanor changed.

"Hey!" she shouted, launching herself up the stairs as quickly as she could - it was hard to gain any speed with a shifty case on your back, an intricate gown, and heeled shoes. If anything, it was dangerous - but Chiyuri wasn't going to give up.

Instead, she continued up after her partner. Sure, she knew this wasn't going to be a race that she won, but it'd be a cold day in hell if she gave up without some sort of fight. "Get back here, Izumi!" Her voice carried up only slightly as she started to quickly run out of breath, not reaching the top of the steps nearly as quickly as the male. "G'damn it," she panted.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back