Soooo... where ya from?

bettsyboy

Four Thousand Club
Pretty simple, I'm curious as to what sort of international audience RPN has, where people are from etc... thought this might be an interesting topic of discussion.

Personally, I'm Australian, from Victoria, small country town, not much to do, a few hours drive (or train ride) from Melbourne, and yourselves?

The land of fried chicken and miscolored grass: Kentucky, USA. Not quite the middle of nowhere, only about a twenty minute drive from Cincinnati, but can't say we have much in the immediate area either.

bettsyboy said:
@Ammy
only 20 minutes? at least a trip to the city for you isn't a once a year thing xD
Oh, I've been in that situation before. There was a seven year span of my life where I lived in the literal farmhouse on the hill, 'bout an hour and a half away from most of civilization. Forget trying to go anywhere with even the slightest hint of bad weather too since the roads were all terrible, so that cuts out a good three or four months of the year due to the ever present threat of The White Death.

I feel for ya. Can't say I miss it.

Ammy said:
Oh, I've been in that situation before. There was a seven year span of my life where I lived in the literal farmhouse on the hill, 'bout an hour and a half away from most of civilization. Forget trying to go anywhere with even the slightest hint of bad weather too since the roads were all terrible, so that cuts out a good three or four months of the year due to the ever present threat of The White Death.
I feel for ya. Can't say I miss it.
Being away from all the B.S of the cities does have it's good points, but yeah, gets boring unless you're a dedicated farmer.

bettsyboy said:
Being away from all the B.S of the cities does have it's good points, but yeah, gets boring unless you're a dedicated farmer.
Definitely. When my family first moved out there I remember being particularly weirded out by how clean the air was. Actually made me uncomfortable for the first couple weeks, haha. There are certainly quite a few other perks to it as well, though after a while I just found it to be a bit lonely. Not for me, but I can understand the appeal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Woop, the Netherlands over here ^^ Drenthe, to be slightly more precise. Cute little province in the north. We have fields, cows, more cows, the incidental horse, a deliciously boring capital city and lots of cool stuff happening on the TT-circuit.

*waves*

I'm from good ol' New Jersey of the USA! Home of the idiotic show 'Jersey Shore' that did not represent how we Jersy folk act at all.

*waves hello*

I'm from Tennessee, about an hour away from Nashville. I live right next to the Fort Campbell army base.

This town is quite large, in the top five largest cities in Tennessee. Yet it is surprisingly rural. I very much love it, despite newcomers expressing their hate for it since the most pleasurable things to do don't cost money. Much like @Ammy , our grass is very miscolored(varying from shades of pale yellow to deep green,) and we very much enjoy our fried chicken. (^.^)

I was born and raised and still living here and the Philippines, at the capital (Manila). Everything is urban really. Everywhere you go there's a shopping mall, and I'll honestly say that it is pretty crowded here, and polluted too.

Greetings from Zephyr Cove U.S.A! More specifically South Lake Tahoe. It's a small little city/Big town right on the lake. Everything's made to look rustic or pioneer-ish, it's cute.

Oh God, I saw pictures of that lake a while back and it's so beautiful. Man, I wish I lived near something like that o3o

Englishman is England here home of grey skies, proper spelling, fish & chips and the stiff upper lip. I'd say something about travel but seriously you're never more than two hours from a decent city.

England is lovely o3o We go there on holiday every year and the nature you guys have is just so nice. Oh, and all these old buildings, too! So many things in my country have been torn down to make room for new things, but in England there's so much visible history!

There's probably something to be said about how living in the most densely populated country in the world means you can't really piss each other off that much.

Here I am, just chilling in Ontario, Canada, looking at all these other international posts

and wonder exactly just how much warmer they are than me at this moment. (' :| )

Sometimes I feel like I'm from another world, or at least another time. And I like fleeing to other worlds a lot either through roleplays, writing, or LARP (Life Action Role Playing). But when I'm present in the actual world, I live in a small country known as the Netherlands. Home of the Stroopwafels, windmills, cheese, wooden shoes, and tulips (though we got the latter from Turkey)

I swear I'm one of a handful of New Zealanders that actually roleplays in forums like this. I've only ever met one other New Zealander (and a friend they convinced to join them briefly) on an RP forum.

I'm from somewhere over the rainbow. I'm not kidding. I'm from Ireland

I am a dolphin.

Also, sent from Atlantis using a shellphone.

[QUOTE="Cthulhu_Wakes]The horror-infested realm that is Eastern Tennessee.

[/QUOTE]
Oh, come on, it's not that bad there :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Back