• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Somnia - Prof. Dr. Quentin Aren's school of nightfighters in training

anderswo

somewhere else
8655001e789b47aa7fb8052f415834ad.jpg

Introduction

"Welcome to Somnia, a school like none of where you've been before. If you are interested in the name, yes it might sound irritating: Somnia is latin, and it means 'dream'. And this is everything our school is about. Every human on this planet sleeps at night, and at night we dream. Sometimes we dream the weirdest possible things, sometimes we dream about our goals, friends, and families and sometimes we have something which we call nightmares. Not to shatter your reality, but nightmares are not what they seem to be. In 1736 Professor Dr. Quentin Aren has discovered that demons are real, and indeed a threat for humanity. They use our dreams as a gate to the human world, and whenever we wake up frightened and sweating, a new demon has entered earth. To preserve our society from a mass panic, instead of publishing his knowledge, Professor Dr. Quentin Aren kept it in secret, and created an undercover organization called NIGHT where he hired the best scientists, hitmen and military staff. Back then, the first nightfighters were born to protect our world from the world of demons. To save the knowledge they gained and pass it to future generations, Prof. Dr. Quentin Aren has opened a school at the age of seventy. So, welcome to Somnia, Prof. Dr. Quentin Aren's school of nightfighters in training. You are a first semester student at this school whatever age you might be, we accept anything from 12 to 23. Most probably, you have already met the hunters which search for individuals that can be future nightfighters all over the world. You might be afraid, or excited or you might be surprised of what you've heard, but I must tell you it is real. Demons live on our planet, they feast on us, they devour our happy thoughts until we walk upon this earth as lifeless shells which they can manipulate like a puppet. It is urgent that you understand how dangerous these beings can be, because only then you can understand how important Somnia is and how important your education is to this world."

Who will be student at Somnia

"As I already said, anyone from 6 to 23 can be a student at Somnia. Yet, they do not enroll into this school like other students might be doing at universities. Our hunters look at places all over the world for people that are intelligent, brave, selfless and strong to invite them to our school. Altogether, only sixty students will study at Somnia at the same time. During your first semester, we will be watching all of you, and if you prove yourself as a potential nightfighter, you will be able to continue your education otherwise you will be sent back home with your memory deleted."

What will be studied at Somnia?

"Students at Somnia will be learning about demons, about their characteristics, their biological structure, their origin and many other topics. But most importantly, they will also be trained as fighters. During the years, these students will figure out their strengths: Some might be stronger and fight with weapons such as bow and arrow or with certain blades. Some will make use of their brain's strength and fight with telekinesis and others will make use of certain elements such as fire, water, earth and air. Whatever way you will go, you will know sooner or later, and if you do know, you will be matched to a master in that field who will teach you his powers."

Demons?

"Yes, demons are real. They come from a planet called Ziria billions of light years away from our earth. They nourish from certain evaporations that emerge when hormones are being created that trigger emotions such as angst, sadness and anger. We cannot see these evaporations unless we use the glasses that Prof. Dr. Quentin Aren has created in 1743. Many many centuries ago, these demons had to leave their home planet, because they had soaked in all the nourishment and had to leave it to death. To stay alive, they looked for new food resources and came over our planet somewhere around the time when the Egypts were still ruling over the lands. Since they do actually live in another dimension, they needed a door to enter our reality. Soon they realized, that any form of strong fear thinned the walls between our world and their world, and allowed them to slip in. To stay unrecognized, they decided to only use this door when humans were asleep thus they started to manipulate our dreams and use our fright to enter planet Earth. We estimate that around one million demons are currently nourishing from our civilisation."

- - - -​

Alright, welcome to the end of this concept. I started writing about this 'world' after I saw a pinterest post that triggered my inner muse. I'm looking for about 6 active members to create this roleplay. We will start off as first semester students and learn about the world behind Somnia. I will start summarizing as much information as I already can into a lore thread so you can use them as a guidance for creating characters. As for the start, up to two characters are allowed, one of them must be a first semester student that is just starting and does know nearly nothing about this world. During the roleplay, you might as well create new characters e.g. teachers, older nightfighters, humans, demons whatever is interesting and communicated with the group.

About rules, there are a few. You must be a literate writer and be able to finish a minimum of two paragraphs. It is not a must for you to be a novella, have a perfect grammar and come up with up to 10 paragraphs per post, but you should give the group enough to work with. Also, you must be interested in world building, developing realistic and many-faceted characters as well as chatting about this world in OOC via discord. We could start into this roleplay and not communicate anything during the journey, but I think it would create a lot of misunderstandings and the story could not unfold its full potential. Other rules such as no godmodding, no perfect or overpowered characters and not being a jerk should be common sense.

That's it. I hope you are interested since I'm really excited for this idea to be written out!! :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back