• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Something different, maybe?

Zee Captain

Hello!

I have gotten a bit feed up on the run of the mill x meets y goes on epic adventure z and develop a relationship/FINALLY gets to fuck....

I do not wish to come of as pretentious - although maybe I am.

In any case: I just want something a bit more grown up, heavy on character development, deeper?

I do NOT want to be the one saying "write this much, and do that way" but I want someone that WANT to write a bit more then a few lines each time, rather more detail and care then often, and who really want to stick with it for some time and tell me if you do not enjoy it - not dropping it out of indolence. You should feel that you can handle heavier subjects, could write more complex characters with different worldviews and ideals. My style seldom work well with the colorful anime-inspired writings, for example.

Gender are in the big irrelevant to me. I am looking for a Longer term partner as all of my stories tend to be complex and takes a wile to set up. And then it´s sad when the other leave just before the climax of the thing.

Right now I am open to a lot of different Ideas! As long as they are realistic and do not contain sexual violence or magic. But most of all am I right now really interested in

Homosexuality in an historic setting.

Marry Shelly´s upper-class Victorian mansions, the first or second world wars chaotic years and strong, working women. Scared young men, thrown in as canon food to a battle without even understanding the conflict itself. The first brave suffragettes? Another era between 1700s- and the 1950s?

Two individuals discovering this new world so despised or simply silenced. Fighting the system set in place, maybe falling in love but more than so - trying to understand how they themselves fit in to this world. Are they wrong or is the world so? I want some basic authenticity to my game as me myself are a historian of ideologies and war, but do not be frightened! I am not a real Nazi about it ;-)

Romance red until the bitter end or anxiety plagued and love/hate "brokeback mountain" style? We can see where it takes us!

The only real outline of an Idea I have is this though. It´s a completely other thing but feels really intriguing!

A thousand letters of nothingness

Imagine a modern European country that has developed in to a Technocracy, bureaucracy and surveillance society. This means a governance held completely by the scientists, experts and scholars. In this instance this would mean men who have decided that the evolution of the human race, the genetic- and environmental health and education of the people must be processed and prioritized. The one found not suitable for procreation are sterilized. Those not able to comprehend laws, the population education or manage an effective, goal oriented life are tucked away in some cozy compound never to interfere with others needs again.

Two individuals have both on their respective grounds been found insufficient to create a family or deemed not capable of a purposeful life - in one way or another have not been in compliance to the recommendations from the boards or been found to reoffend.

Because of this they have been placed in the last outpost known to the public: the Magistrates.

Thanks to the rule of minimalism and the impenetrable layer upon layer of bureaucracy the Magistrates are synonymous with small cells, isolation and a hopeless struggle of papers and interviews between you and a distant hope of freedom.

These two, however, find a way of contacting each other through the ventilation in their respective cells. Through this they start to write to each other, talking about their day to day thoughts and ordeals, their juridical fight, their histories and their philosophical thoughts on life.

This would be a whole thing completely consisting of letters. Why are you here? Are you really on the wrong? What is the meaning of life in a world of stonewalls and linoleum flooring? How do you get your hands on the 23-B compendium without access to your OPerios-1B identification report because of your caseworker's inexplicable hatred of you?

Are you interested in philosophy and want to tell a down to earth and realistic story of someone experiencing their world slowly turning inside out, surrealistically dystopian and maybe even going insane? This is the one for you!

Mr. Fuck-up and the kid who knew nothing.

So this is more of a simple thing that I first put together with someone who just dropped everything on me -.-´

But I really like the Idea!

- So it´s basically a road trip with my character, a teacher who deals with a kind of grown-up identity crisis, and decides to drive through the continent up to his parents own, abandoned summerhouse "down by the dark lake". But no less has he gotten outside the city center late in the evening, before he is forced to pick up one of his students, standing alone, hitchhiking by the road.

They in turn have decided to get to the summer parties in the big city even though their friends where all stuck at home. They travel a day together, but as the teacher are trying to drop the student of at their stop - they convinces and nag him to bring them along to the next city instead.

Soon the teen and the teacher is on a joint hunt for identity and adventure, as they drive through Europe up towards the northern primeval forests and the house where they shall find themselves.

They both are at a point in life when trying to find out who to be or what to do with it all. Teen and adult both need the others eyes to try and figure out themselves.

Love is one option of how this story could end. Another a friendship and new view on life. A third a tragedy and two life ending in a desperate try to save themselves from pain and the future. Only the developing characters and story itself will tell!

Other Ideas? Do I sound like a match for you but you are not a fan of these plots? Catch me up!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, I would love to do a homosexual plot in a historical setting. You've definitely peaked my interest.

I like the "roadtrip" plot, if you're looking for someone still to write with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back