• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Some kind of lazy MxM thing, I dunno it's really late

mechanimated

VP of the Questionable Ethics Committee
I'm super tired and still mostly drunk cuz it was my friends' birthday, but while I'm waiting to chug a bunch of water and sober up a little before bed I thought I'd post a search.

Before anything else - I'm super busy lately. I'm in class all day, I'm the president of a huge club that's going through a big move right now, all this stuff. It's pretty hectic. I say this because I won't necessarily be able to respond every day. I have a life and so do you, and sometimes I'm just too tired, busy, distracted, or uninspired to reply. I won't expect you to check in with me like I'm your mom every time you take a couple of days off, and I won't be giving you an exact account of where I was if I don't get a post in every day. Real life things come up and that's more important. It's cool. Shit happens. So just go into this knowing that while I love roleplaying, I definitely do not have infinite time to dedicate to it and evaluate accordingly.

OKAY now for the fun bit. I suddenly just, I want some kind of dumb thing. Some angsty crap that doesn't require intense plot planning and whatever. I'm also in the mood for MxM, I haven't done that in a really long time and I just FEEL LIKE IT OKAY. So my plots are as follows.

(The kind of guy I'd play for pretty much all of these would be something of a reticent complainer, needlessly antagonistic, uncomfortable in his own skin, says things he regrets constantly but refuses to apologize out of sheer stubbornness, etc. I'll add details like hobbies, jobs, and whatnot to suit the specific roleplay, but that'll be his general demeanor. Feel free to write whoever you wait to match - I ain't gonna force you into a role to suit me.)

((Oh and I should specify, I really only do detailed roleplays. I'm probably not gonna be writing less than one meaty paragraph per response at minimum. My intro will prolly be really lengthy.))

Neighbors to Housemates - A pair of guys live in a shitty, ramshackle apartment block. It's not in the best part of town, it hasn't seen a work order in decades, and it's full of weird fucks. One day, the gas line on the fifth floor fails catastrophically, blowing out a huge chunk of the wall. Not surprising - the 'wall' was basically cardboard. No one was hurt, luckily, but...well, there's a big fucking hole now. Most of one tenants kitchen was destroyed, and the other lost his shower to the blast (awarded the purple heart post-mortem for bravery in the line of fire). The landlord isn't gonna fix it any time soon - legends are told of when the stars align on the third day of the third month, he appears from the Outerworld and actually responds to complaints about broken shit. The rest of the time, tenants are basically shit out of luck. So now these two guys have to pretty much share an apartment to get by.

Rubbing Shoulders - One of our characters is pretty well off, the other was hired to perform some kind of service for him. Gardening, carpentry, tutoring, whatever. It doesn't matter. The two have to work on some kind of project together for whatever reason, and the one hired clearly wants to be literally anywhere else. The one hiring him is irritated by his unprofessionalism but simultaneously kind of curious. This guy he employed has talent (and a smart mouth), and agreed to work of his own free will - why get a job if you're gonna act like you're practically TRYING to lose it? The one hiring him keeps the guy on almost out of spite, and the guy hired continues to do what he was asked in the most annoying way possible.

The Great Outdoors - Two guys are on a camping excursion. Maybe it's for a school class, maybe it's one of those annoying work 'bonding exercise' deals to boost morale. Whatever. The two guys are coworkers who barely know each other and are paired to share a tent. While out camping, a storm (not expected for at least 3 more days) strikes freakishly early. A mudslide sweeps through the campground and carries the two hapless campers down a ridge and well off the mapped route area. Waking up hurt, confused, and at the bottom of a ravine, the two have to work together long enough to find their way home with supplies (and tempers) running short.

Last edited by a moderator:
I ammm interested. Especially in the camping thing, cus, I love the potential for drama & misery honestly. I have a couple of potential characters in mind but I don't wanna like end up writing a wall of text here in the thread, so.. let me know!

Sounds good to me! I too love to torment my characters, so I'm with you on the misery bit :P I'll send you a PM in a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back